inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Extreme Couponing (1 step away from Hoarders????)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/12/11 at 7:19 am

I just watched an episode of Extreme Couponing, and I am left feeling a little disturbed?  Where is that woman going to ever use 128 bottles of shampoo, 105 deodorants, and 28 packages of cream cheese????  The amounts are disturbing, and the rooms they have to have to store this stuff?  She did not seem to donate it, or sell it; she just gathered it, sorted it, and kept it.  60 hours a week on couponing obviously that is her job. 

Is extreme couponing, an organized formed of Hoarding?

I am all about coupons, sales, and good deals - but if I pay $55 for $1000 worth of stuff, isn't still a waste of money if I can't use it?  And the amount of freezers for stuff, the electricity would add up wouldn't it (and yes - I have 2 full size freezers, as well as the fridge)...

Anyone else seen this show?

Subject: Re: Extreme Couponing (1 step away from Hoarders????)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/12/11 at 8:37 am

I saw my first episode last night.  I thought it was rather ridiculous. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/12/11 at 11:27 am

I agree 100% and hubby said almost the same thing.  I've seen it a couple of times and they had 1 guy on there who at least donates the stuff he doesn't use.  He sent a ridiculous number of care packages to the troops overseas...all for $50 or something :o  In a different episode, he bought stuff for a local food pantry or some other charity and donated it all....I think on that one, he spent $100 and got 1000 boxes of cereal, the same amount of crackers (wheat thins, I think), toilet paper, etc...all stuff that wouldn't "go bad" and that people could use.

My hubby is all for saving $$, but he'd commit me if I came home with that much stuff and suggested we put it under our bed or in our shower!  I like how the lady (I think down in Texas) was all OCD about her "stockpile" and had to have all the labels facing forward and all alphabetized by category and everything....sorry, but I've got much better things to do with my time than dust a bunch of crap that I probably will NEVER use.  Heck, I have a hard enough time motivating myself to dust the crap I ALREADY have in my house :D

Written By: Howard on 05/12/11 at 12:14 pm

You can always store it away for just such an emergency.  ???

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/11 at 12:54 pm

The one I seen, the lady had bought over $900 worth of groceries, and with all the coupons she had, she ended up getting about $70 back.

They probably do it just because they can, but if you are going to buy 50 bottles of Orange Juice, they'll probably expire before you could  get a chance to drink them.

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/11 at 4:28 pm

I have an ep recorded I thought it was a special didn't realize it was a series.

I'm intrigued with coupling and saviving tons of money but it's a lot of work. Like the guy Mama K talked about I could see buying all that suff for next to nothing and donating it to charity. Think about it you get a tax break on the value of the donation not what you paid. For it so pay $10 for 50 bottles of shampoo but on the reciept from the donation the value could be $200. Just be careful that the IRS doesn't catch you. ie don't let your donation total reflect more money than you earned in a year cuz that'll make em suspicious.  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/12/11 at 7:55 pm

They can't possibly have jobs...  The lady last night, devoted 60 hours a week to couponing.  So the donations for tax credit could really bite you in the end!

I would be expiration date paranoid :P. And I am with you Mama K. Dusting would be a biatch..

Howard there is no occasion in my life that I am going to need 128 bottles of shampoo! 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/11 at 8:21 pm

I agree 100% and hubby said almost the same thing.  I've seen it a couple of times and they had 1 guy on there who at least donates the stuff he doesn't use.  He sent a ridiculous number of care packages to the troops overseas...all for $50 or something :o  In a different episode, he bought stuff for a local food pantry or some other charity and donated it all....I think on that one, he spent $100 and got 1000 boxes of cereal, the same amount of crackers (wheat thins, I think), toilet paper, etc...all stuff that wouldn't "go bad" and that people could use.

If he eats 1000 boxes of cereal, all that toilet paper's gonna come in handy!
:)

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 6:33 am

The one I seen, the lady had bought over $900 worth of groceries, and with all the coupons she had, she ended up getting about $70 back.

They probably do it just because they can, but if you are going to buy 50 bottles of Orange Juice, they'll probably expire before you could  get a chance to drink them.

You can always drink them in one shot.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 6:34 am

They can't possibly have jobs...  The lady last night, devoted 60 hours a week to couponing.  So the donations for tax credit could really bite you in the end!

I would be expiration date paranoid :P. And I am with you Mama K. Dusting would be a biatch..

Howard there is no occasion in my life that I am going to need 128 bottles of shampoo! 

saves you the trouble of going shopping,you'll have a year's worth.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 6:35 am

If he eats 1000 boxes of cereal, all that toilet paper's gonna come in handy!

Does the sugared cereals count? ???

Written By: ninny on 05/13/11 at 6:41 am

For some items it maybe good for like say toilet paper or paper towels, but cereal there is an expiration date on that. The twins who got free food for their birthday now that I could do and would have if my son would have hooked up my printer >:( I got offers from different places on my birthday. I would also do buy one get one free, but not loaded up on all my shopping. Hmm I wonder if the Duggars will start extreme couponing. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/11 at 10:15 am

more like three years worth!

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/11 at 10:16 am

For some items it maybe good for like say toilet paper or paper towels, but cereal there is an expiration date on that. The twins who got free food for their birthday now that I could do and would have if my son would have hooked up my printer >:( I got offers from different places on my birthday. I would also do buy one get one free, but not loaded up on all my shopping. Hmm I wonder if the Duggars will start extreme couponing. :-\\

the duggars should they'd probably go thru that amount of food in a week!

Written By: ninny on 05/13/11 at 10:27 am

the duggars should they'd probably go thru that amount of food in a week!

I know they like to stock up like a little supermarket ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/13/11 at 2:47 pm

Howard, there are 5 people in my household and it would take us AT LEAST 5 years to use it all....and that's assuming we each use 5 bottles a year (which we don't). ::)  My youngest has a crew-cut, he could probably survive the entire year on 1 bottle  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/11 at 4:40 pm

My youngest has a crew-cut, he could probably survive the entire year on 1 bottle  :P

I always get crew cuts.  Save at the barber, save at the market, save time in the morning getting ready!  I buy one big bottle of shampoo and it lasts for months and months and months!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/13/11 at 5:42 pm

Mmmmmm. Yum rotten cream cheese, and orange juice and enough cereal the mice, roaches, and other bugs can move in  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 7:26 pm

more like three years worth!

Hell I don't mind I would have to make some room in my closet.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 7:27 pm

Howard, there are 5 people in my household and it would take us AT LEAST 5 years to use it all....and that's assuming we each use 5 bottles a year (which we don't). ::)  My youngest has a crew-cut, he could probably survive the entire year on 1 bottle  :P

I hardly have any hair so I'd probably use 1 bottle up in just a few weeks.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 7:28 pm

Mmmmmm. Yum rotten cream cheese, and orange juice and enough cereal the mice, roaches, and other bugs can move in  :P

you'd have to keep them real safe.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/11 at 7:35 pm

Hell I don't mind I would have to make some room in my closet.

What about the evil monkey?
:P

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 7:57 pm

What about the evil monkey?

no evil monkey in my closet.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/16/11 at 4:38 pm

It's on tonight at 8 est...  It seems to be one that I haven't seen, but I have only watched one and a partial, so we shall see. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/17/11 at 6:01 pm

I watched it...  Today seemed more "less hoarder" but the woman was freaky - I love to look at my stockpile, all the labels forward facing and nice and neat (She had a great walk in closet, and she had it jammed full of 105 boxes of cereal at ceiling height, how convenient, and soup, gatorade, and other stuff.  Closet full of sun drop 2 liter bottles - I mean full, 2 rows deep, floor to ceiling.  She made money on some excedrin pills (they were on sale, and she had double coupon) - she dumped the whole bin of them in her cart.  But she had a family of 10 I think, and her husband was a private contractor, her monthly grocery budget was only $120.  So I guess she might use some of it.  But sorting through 7 milk crates full of fliers - YUCK... She bought a cart full of yogurt (actually the store brought it out for her in cases), she said they would eat it in 2 1/2 weeks. 

I am all for saving money - but I am still fearful of waste

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/11 at 6:44 pm

There's a marathon coming up. I'm'a catch it and catch up to y'all.  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/17/11 at 6:49 pm

There's a marathon coming up. I'm'a catch it and catch up to y'all.  ;)
O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/19/11 at 7:43 pm

Oh my the episode I saw last night was just as bad, bedroom closet = pantry; laundry room =storage, and the dining room hutch = 2 drawers of more storage.  She estimates she has $5,000 in "stockpile" of stuff. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/22/11 at 12:43 am

I hardly have any hair so I'd probably use 1 bottle up in just a few weeks.
Howard, my oldest has a TON of hair and doesn't even go through a bottle in a few weeks (a bottle lasts him at least 8 weeks and he washes 1-2 times a day)....how much shampoo do you use in a day???  The less hair you have, the LONGER it should last, not vice versa....

And sorry, but I can think of much better things to spend $5000 on than a "stockpile" of "groceries" just sitting around my house that I continually add to!  I can understanding "maximizing your savings" if you're on a tight budget and have a large family, but do you REALLY need 1000 rolls of toilet paper just sitting around your house???  Not unless you're the Duggar's and have a nasty case of rotovirus going through the household :D

Written By: Howard on 05/22/11 at 6:26 am

Oh my the episode I saw last night was just as bad, bedroom closet = pantry; laundry room =storage, and the dining room hutch = 2 drawers of more storage.  She estimates she has $5,000 in "stockpile" of stuff. 

Wow $5,000 dollars worth? Oh GEEZ!  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/22/11 at 6:29 am

Howard, my oldest has a TON of hair and doesn't even go through a bottle in a few weeks (a bottle lasts him at least 8 weeks and he washes 1-2 times a day)....how much shampoo do you use in a day???  The less hair you have, the LONGER it should last, not vice versa....

I use a little for the hair that I have on my head.  ::) And to save money my Father has been recycling the same shampoo bottle for years.

but do you REALLY need 1000 rolls of toilet paper just sitting around your house???

Yes you do,you never know when you're gonna need it for just such an emergency!  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/22/11 at 3:45 pm

Howard, my oldest has a TON of hair and doesn't even go through a bottle in a few weeks (a bottle lasts him at least 8 weeks and he washes 1-2 times a day)....how much shampoo do you use in a day???  The less hair you have, the LONGER it should last, not vice versa....

And sorry, but I can think of much better things to spend $5000 on than a "stockpile" of "groceries" just sitting around my house that I continually add to!  I can understanding "maximizing your savings" if you're on a tight budget and have a large family, but do you REALLY need 1000 rolls of toilet paper just sitting around your house???  Not unless you're the Duggar's and have a nasty case of rotovirus going through the household :D
Thanks for that!  O0. I was going to ask him what hair he was washing since he used shampoo so quickly!  My husband has had the same 4 bottles ( he has to switch on and off because of Psoriasis) for the past 2 years... 

Exactly!  I keep 24 rolls, and when there are 16 left, I buy another 24 pack ( and we are a family with 3 girls).  I keep stuff on hand, but why would I ever need 108 bottles of excedrin migraine, even if they ate giving money back?  It expires and it is them a waste of product!  Let someone else get the savings who needs it!

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/11 at 3:51 pm

I hope to watch the marathon on my DVR tomorrow....

Exactly!  I keep 24 rolls, and when there are 16 left, I buy another 24 pack ( and we are a family with 3 girls).  I keep stuff on hand, but why would I ever need 108 bottles of excedrin migraine, even if they ate giving money back?  It expires and it is them a waste of product!  Let someone else get the savings who needs it!

I would do the right thing and donate that excess to a homeless or battered women's shelter.... at least

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/22/11 at 4:28 pm

I would do the right thing and donate that excess to a homeless or battered women's shelter.... at least
I have only seen 1 show that states they do that...  all the rest seem to be "My" stockpile, type of mentality.  I would definitely be all right with donating. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/11 at 6:41 pm

I have only seen 1 show that states they do that...  all the rest seem to be "My" stockpile, type of mentality.  I would definitely be all right with donating. 

True "hoarding" seems to lack reasoning; it's raw compulsion.

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 12:37 am

Okay I started watching. This is rigoddamndiculous. Why buy 77 bottles of mustard when your husband doesn't even eat the stuff????  ::)

Then the chick who buys 35 bottles malox yeah she needs it she's got serious issues.

You're right patty this is totally hoarding.

I say just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'm thinking about that person who just wants to have a burger or a dog but can't cuz some bitch bought all the damn mustard.  ;D

Btw. Call me at 6am to come be your additional party so you can use coupons and it may be the last time you call me  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 1:03 am

Okay the woman who paid 4 dollars and something cents for almost $1200 of groceries was pretty cool.

She's donated some of her haul and u gotta figure she split it w/ her friend still the D-I-L only got 5 bottles of detergent out of the 54 bottles purchased? Whatevs  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/23/11 at 6:13 am

I was going to ask him what hair he was washing since he used shampoo so quickly!  My husband has had the same 4 bottles ( he has to switch on and off because of Psoriasis) for the past 2 years... 

I was washing my own hair,what's left of it. Every year it seems more and more fade away from me quickly.

Written By: Howard on 05/23/11 at 6:16 am

But you never know when a headache will start up.

Written By: Howard on 05/23/11 at 6:18 am

Okay I started watching. This is rigoddamndiculous. Why buy 77 bottles of mustard when your husband doesn't even eat the stuff????  ::)

Then the chick who buys 35 bottles malox yeah she needs it she's got serious issues.

I say just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'm thinking about that person who just wants to have a burger or a dog but can't cuz some bitch bought all the damn mustard.  ;D

Btw. Call me at 6am to come be your additional party so you can use coupons and it may be the last time you call me  >:(

You ever thought of having Franks and burgers with mustard that's what it's good for.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 7:00 am

Totally agree

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 7:02 am

Okay the woman who paid 4 dollars and something cents for almost $1200 of groceries was pretty cool.

She's donated some of her haul and u gotta figure she split it w/ her friend still the D-I-L only got 5 bottles of detergent out of the 54 bottles purchased? Whatevs  :P

I think this is the only one that I saw them actually donate stuff, and is this the episode where the kids never have to buy baby food and diapers for their babies because grandma has her stash???

Written By: Dagwood on 05/23/11 at 7:08 am

But you never know when a headache will start up.

You still don't need 108 bottles of medicine.  1 bottle is plenty.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 7:22 am

Exactly!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/11 at 10:49 am

Never watched the show (nor do I think I will-maybe if there isn't anything else on). As for "stock piling" toilet paper, we actually did recently. My youngest step-daughter sells Amway. At Amway, you can buy 80 rolls of Scott toilet paper for one price. After adding things up, it was cheaper than buying it at the grocery store & my step-daughter got a commission. So, we won't have to buy t.p. for at least a year. Carlos laughs every time he sees ALL those rolls in the closet because when he lived in Chile, t.p. was hard to come by and people would hoard it. He told me that he once saw a cartoon how this rich guy was showing his son a closet full of t.p. and he said, "Someday Son, all this will be yours." ("What? The curtains?" Oh, sorry. Wrong joke.  ;) :D ;D )

But toilet paper doesn't expire.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/23/11 at 11:05 am

I was just thinking about this...

My neighbor called and left me a message asking for my coupons from Sunday's paper because she has started Extreme Coupoing and saves $150 dollars each week. 

I will use coupons on items that I need or want.  I will not use a coupon just because I'm gonna save some money, 'cause if it's something we won't eat then no matter how much I save it's a waste of money.

Written By: karen on 05/23/11 at 11:11 am

I will use coupons on items that I need or want.  I will not use a coupon just because I'm gonna save some money, 'cause if it's something we won't eat then no matter how much I save it's a waste of money.

I also found I spent more time looking for the exact product (brand, size and flavour) if I was trying to use up a coupon I had. 

Now I save coupons for products I know I will buy in the next week or so without having to think about it.  It's not as much of an issue here in the UK because we don't get those huge coupon booklets like you do in the US

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/11 at 11:48 am

I used to clip coupons but half the time I would forget them when I go to the store. Or I will clip ones that I will say, "Ooh, I should try this because I have a coupon" but never do and they would sit until they expire. I finally said, "Forget it. It is not worth the trouble."

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/23/11 at 1:37 pm

How many headaches can you get a year?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 1:39 pm

I think this is the only one that I saw them actually donate stuff, and is this the episode where the kids never have to buy baby food and diapers for their babies because grandma has her stash???

Shopping at grandmas FTW.  ;D

That grandma was kind of stingy tho. I felt like the whole setting her D-I-L up w/ a stash of her own was in order to not have her own stash ravished I'm thinking she has enough crap to keep her stash and supply her D-I-L & the whole damn block.

Around Christmas they did an hour version. It was basically two eps (a pilot for the series). I recorded it thinking it was a how to special on coupling . It wasn't till patty started this thread that I'd been holding on to it for the wrong reasons so iwatched last night.  There was one dude who bought 4000 boxes of total cereal and he donated all of it to a food bank.  8)

There was one couple in that first ep - the wife had severe emotional issues. You could see her pain the hubby was trying toe supportive but he was so frustrated and raging beneath the surface. I just wish they'd gotten help like the boarders do b/c her story felt more tragic than like something to marvel at

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 1:42 pm

Never watched the show (nor do I think I will-maybe if there isn't anything else on). As for "stock piling" toilet paper, we actually did recently. My youngest step-daughter sells Amway. At Amway, you can buy 80 rolls of Scott toilet paper for one price. After adding things up, it was cheaper than buying it at the grocery store & my step-daughter got a commission. So, we won't have to buy t.p. for at least a year. Carlos laughs every time he sees ALL those rolls in the closet because when he lived in Chile, t.p. was hard to come by and people would hoard it. He told me that he once saw a cartoon how this rich guy was showing his son a closet full of t.p. and he said, "Someday Son, all this will be yours." ("What? The curtains?" Oh, sorry. Wrong joke.  ;) :D ;D )

But toilet paper doesn't expire.

Cat

80 rolls is nothing. There are people on the show stockpiling one, two and three THOUSAND rolls  :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 1:48 pm

I was just thinking about this...

My neighbor called and left me a message asking for my coupons from Sunday's paper because she has started Extreme Coupoing and saves $150 dollars each week. 

I love the people (ive seen two so far) who buy stuff because the are getting paid (by the store) to get them.
Okay that makes sense because it takes money off the grocery bill for the stuff you "need" but why hold on to 100 cat snacks when you don't have a cat. The ASPCA could use that stuff.  ::)

What I don't get is the buying mass quantities because it's cheap. Sure mustard doesn't expire but if it cost you 39 cents a bottle after coupons you're still paying $16 for the forty some odd bottles she ended up getting.  Yes there were other items that brought that Total down but how long will 40 something bottles last? It takes me a year to get thru one.

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 1:51 pm

I used to clip coupons but half the time I would forget them when I go to the store. Or I will clip ones that I will say, "Ooh, I should try this because I have a coupon" but never do and they would sit until they expire. I finally said, "Forget it. It is not worth the trouble."

Cat

These people treat couponing like a full time job. They spend hours clipping researching and organizing then they spend hours in the store. It's a bit much. I use coupons and have saved as much as 67% on my bill but I'm not willing to put forth the effort that will get you 90% off

Written By: Howard on 05/23/11 at 1:59 pm

80 rolls is nothing. There are people on the show stockpiling one, two and three THOUSAND rolls  :o

Hey,there are times when I can use 2 rolls,I do have stomach pain but it's only when it hurts.

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 2:00 pm

Hey,there are times when I can use 2 rolls,I do have stomach pain but it's only when it hurts.

TMI Howard. And no matter how much you keep trying I'm not going to make this thread all about you. That's why vie been ignoring your previous comments  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/11 at 2:17 pm

It's not 80 anymore-we used some.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 2:30 pm

It's not 80 anymore-we used some.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Sounds like it's time to restock.  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 4:42 pm

Shopping at grandmas FTW.   ;D

That grandma was kind of stingy tho. I felt like the whole setting her D-I-L up w/ a stash of her own was in order to not have her own stash ravished I'm thinking she has enough crap to keep her stash and supply her D-I-L & the whole damn block.

Around Christmas they did an hour version. It was basically two eps (a pilot for the series). I recorded it thinking it was a how to special on coupling . It wasn't till patty started this thread that I'd been holding on to it for the wrong reasons so iwatched last night.  There was one dude who bought 4000 boxes of total cereal and he donated all of it to a food bank.  8)

There was one couple in that first ep - the wife had severe emotional issues. You could see her pain the hubby was trying toe supportive but he was so frustrated and raging beneath the surface. I just wish they'd gotten help like the boarders do b/c her story felt more tragic than like something to marvel at
Patty started the thread??? 

I am sorry Patty if I took over a thread of yours, I did not mean too  :-\\

And I would be totally OK for the food bank thing.  I just do not see how one has sooo much stuff in their house - and what grocery store do you know has 4,000 boxes of total cereal on hand...

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 4:44 pm

I love the people (ive seen two so far) who buy stuff because the are getting paid (by the store) to get them.
Okay that makes sense because it takes money off the grocery bill for the stuff you "need" but why hold on to 100 cat snacks when you don't have a cat. The ASPCA could use that stuff.  ::)

What I don't get is the buying mass quantities because it's cheap. Sure mustard doesn't expire but if it cost you 39 cents a bottle after coupons you're still paying $16 for the forty some odd bottles she ended up getting.  Yes there were other items that brought that Total down but how long will 40 something bottles last? It takes me a year to get thru one.
Exactly the people with the cat stuff, had food, cat snacks etc... no cat; they just took pride in owning something cause they could.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 4:44 pm

TMI Howard. And no matter how much you keep trying I'm not going to make this thread all about you. That's why vie been ignoring your previous comments  ::)
O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/11 at 4:47 pm

Sounds like it's time to restock.  ;D

Not yet. We still have about 70 rolls left. And it hasn't been a year yet-actually it has only been about 3 months.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/23/11 at 4:52 pm

And I would be totally OK for the food bank thing.  I just do not see how one has sooo much stuff in their house - and what grocery store do you know has 4,000 boxes of total cereal on hand...

Nah, I didn't start this thread or any other about couponing.  I think the confusion came in because Q knows I'm a Hoarder and my house (while not as bad as the ones on t.v., well...it's pretty bad.)  (Having said that, we are without a car until June 1st, so we've been kicking but on getting rid of stuff... so I'm less of a hoarder then before.)  I can't help it that I love to shop at thrift stores.  Hubby loves bookstores and is probably more of a hoarder then I am.  :-\\

I can't be bothered with coupons.  I mean, I carry some in mu purse, but we never actually plan big shops at the store, so I forget about the coupons until after I get home, or my purse is such a catch-all that I can't find my coupons when I need them.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/11 at 7:27 pm

Nah, I didn't start this thread or any other about couponing.  I think the confusion came in because Q knows I'm a Hoarder and my house (while not as bad as the ones on t.v., well...it's pretty bad.)

the best little hoard house in texas?

:D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/23/11 at 9:17 pm

lol well... in Pennsylvania.  Probably not the best either... You can still see the floor and we don't have stuff stacked six feet to the ceiling.  The potential is there, but I'll never let it get that bad.  I just could use a little help in sorting stuff and keeping stuff clean.  I swear I clean my countertop twice a day with cleaner with bleach spray and it's still a mess every time I walk by.  ::)  I'm still hoping to get a dishwasher and that would help alot.  Maybe one day...  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/23/11 at 9:20 pm

Nah, I didn't start this thread or any other about couponing.  I think the confusion came in because Q knows I'm a Hoarder and my house (while not as bad as the ones on t.v., well...it's pretty bad.)  (Having said that, we are without a car until June 1st, so we've been kicking but on getting rid of stuff... so I'm less of a hoarder then before.)  I can't help it that I love to shop at thrift stores.  Hubby loves bookstores and is probably more of a hoarder then I am.   :-\\

I can't be bothered with coupons.  I mean, I carry some in mu purse, but we never actually plan big shops at the store, so I forget about the coupons until after I get home, or my purse is such a catch-all that I can't find my coupons when I need them.   ::)
Okay, I just hoped I did not overlook a thread you had already started!  I would feel bad.  Good luck on "downsizing" the stuff.  I know I have been doing that as well.  I cannot live like my mother, with a pile of magazines and catelogs (for when the boyscouts come and pick them up - which they haven't done for 25+ years).  Or all of the miracle whip, sour cream, cottage cheese containers, washing out ziploc bags, that when I open the kitchen cupboard fall out at me.  And if I go down stairs I find hundreds of gallon pails from ice cream...  SO none of those I keep.

But I like to keep cards, and memorabilia.  But my husband keeps asking when I am going to look at it again (probably in my invalid days)... he rolls his eyes

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 11:05 pm

My apologies I didn't go back and look in my mind I thought she'd started it. 

The grocery store didn't have it on hand the dude called and got it special ordered.

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/11 at 11:06 pm

Nah, I didn't start this thread or any other about couponing.  I think the confusion came in because Q knows I'm a Hoarder and my house (while not as bad as the ones on t.v., well...it's pretty bad.)  (Having said that, we are without a car until June 1st, so we've been kicking but on getting rid of stuff... so I'm less of a hoarder then before.)  I can't help it that I love to shop at thrift stores.  Hubby loves bookstores and is probably more of a hoarder then I am.   :-\\

I can't be bothered with coupons.  I mean, I carry some in mu purse, but we never actually plan big shops at the store, so I forget about the coupons until after I get home, or my purse is such a catch-all that I can't find my coupons when I need them.   ::)

Yeah I think I thought if was you gaining validation because you're "not that bad"  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/24/11 at 6:23 am

That's ok I understand, Q.

Written By: karen on 05/24/11 at 10:34 am

Out of interest, did any of these people mention stockpiling food and water because their church had told them to?  I have friends in the US who keep a minimum 3 month supply of everything so that, when the end of times comes, they will be able to survive in their basement till the worst is over.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/24/11 at 11:03 am

BAD!!! BAD!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You have seen our house. Sometimes I think ours is pretty bad. What do you think? (Though, I don't know if you saw our basement or any of the other REALLY bad rooms-or did you?  :-\\ )

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/11 at 11:06 am

Out of interest, did any of these people mention stockpiling food and water because their church had told them to?  I have friends in the US who keep a minimum 3 month supply of everything so that, when the end of times comes, they will be able to survive in their basement till the worst is over.  :-\\

;D    no but a couple of guys did mention that they were ready for the Zombie Apocalypse.... but I'm pretty sure they were just kidding....I hope they were kidding!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/24/11 at 11:52 am

My hubby used to date/share an apartment with a couple Mormons (two different occasions, two separate women, before he and I were married (of course) and he said that is what his experience with the women was.  Stockpiled food for months and that is how he explained it to me too. 

I have a stockpile of canned goods, but it does come in handy for such occasions as now when I am without a car (and money is rather tight anyway).  I'm not sure I could outlast the zombie apocalypse without my Diet Coke, but it would be a valiant effort.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/11 at 4:29 pm

I had two thoughts about this.....

1) these people are probably responsible for the recession  :P

2) stores are soon going to change their coupon policies to combat this trend and it's those of us who don't go overboard who are going to truly suffer as a result.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/24/11 at 4:36 pm

2) stores are soon going to change their coupon policies to combat this trend and it's those of us who don't go overboard who are going to truly suffer as a result.

In a way they already changed. They all now have those cards that you scan at the checkout so you don't really need coupons.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/11 at 4:57 pm

BAD!!! BAD!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You have seen our house. Sometimes I think ours is pretty bad. What do you think? (Though, I don't know if you saw our basement or any of the other REALLY bad rooms-or did you?  :-\\ )

Cat

I was thinking if the Hoarders show did an episode in Dallas, they'd have to use that pun!

Nah, your house wasn't bad at all, from what I remember.  You should see my friend Sam's house.  Imagine if Tim Burton and H.P. Lovecraft lived together as hoarders...that's Sam's place.  Ca-reeeeeepy!
:o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/24/11 at 5:33 pm

In a way they already changed. They all now have those cards that you scan at the checkout so you don't really need coupons.

Cat

There was a story on our local news about those member savings/sales cards.  Now you can go on various websites and get the "coupons" sent directly to your card so that you don't have to print them out or cut them out.  You do have to print a list of what you transferred to the card so that you can buy the right item that the "coupon" is good for.  Personally, I can't be bothered.  Why waste precious time crusing for online coupons when I could be reading ooze posts or playing some lame game on Facebook.  ;D

Actually, I was thinking about this today, I think I have an adversion to coupons because when I was growing up, my mom was so coupon-happy that we would not be able to buy anything unless we had a coupon for it.  (Milk and bread excluded..)  I remember going through mom's coupons trying to decide what I wanted for dinner.  Gah!

Written By: Howard on 05/24/11 at 7:27 pm

That's good you never know when a disaster will strike,you need all the food you can survive on.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/24/11 at 7:29 pm

Not that I have seen.  There was a woman who bought stuff and donated to the church, but it sounded more of a food pantry/charity type of thing...

Written By: Howard on 05/24/11 at 7:29 pm

Cat

the discount cards.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/24/11 at 7:31 pm

Precisely!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/24/11 at 7:35 pm

If someone has to have 5 computers in the house, so they can download a sufficient amount of coupons and print.  And they have several freezers running, for goods - at which point do they stop saving money???  Let alone the printer ink to print out the coupons...  :-\\  I mean is the "good deal" truly as good of a deal???

Written By: Howard on 05/24/11 at 7:37 pm

If someone has to have 5 computers in the house, so they can download a sufficient amount of coupons and print.   And they have several freezers running, for goods - at which point do they stop saving money???  Let alone the printer ink to print out the coupons...   :-\\  I mean is the "good deal" truly as good of a deal???

that's a tough one Sami.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/11 at 8:29 pm

If someone has to have 5 computers in the house, so they can download a sufficient amount of coupons and print.   And they have several freezers running, for goods - at which point do they stop saving money???  Let alone the printer ink to print out the coupons...   :-\\  I mean is the "good deal" truly as good of a deal???

My guess is once couponing becomes a psychological compulsion, logic goes out the window.  It's like compulsive hand washers you see living in total squalor. 
Why do you wash your hands 500 times a day?
I'm afraid of germs.
But there's rotting garbage all over your kitchen!
Oops! Time to wash my hands again!  Might get the flu!

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/11 at 8:39 pm

Cat

Actually the coupon hoarders combine coupons and store cards to get evengreater savings.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/24/11 at 8:41 pm

Actually the coupon hoarders combine coupons and store cards to get evengreater savings.

Till the stores,like you said earlier, change their policies :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/11 at 8:45 pm

Till the stores,like you said earlier, change their policies :P

Honestly I always thought coupons were a one per customer type thing. It never occurred to me that I could use a few. (let alone 50 or 100  :o )

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/24/11 at 8:58 pm

Honestly I always thought coupons were a one per customer type thing. It never occurred to me that I could use a few. (let alone 50 or 100  :o )
most in-store coupons that I have seen, have a limit on them... But the flier ones, cutting is your only limit.

I have never seen a store "give credit" if your coupon is worth more than the value of the product, that seemed a little far fetched to me.  I have only seen "up to the price of the product". 

Still crazy - but hey, If I don't have a job - perhaps this is a way I can survive.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/25/11 at 9:04 am

most in-store coupons that I have seen, have a limit on them... But the flier ones, cutting is your only limit.

I have never seen a store "give credit" if your coupon is worth more than the value of the product, that seemed a little far fetched to me.  I have only seen "up to the price of the product". 

Still crazy - but hey, If I don't have a job - perhaps this is a way I can survive.  :P

I've seen coupons that didn't have an "up to" limit so it's feasible.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/25/11 at 1:27 pm

The "up to the limit" are only on the free ones, but if you buy 2, you can use 2 coupons.  At some stores, if it's a STORE "bogo" offer, you can use 2 coupons.  If you watch, MOST of them go to stores that double the coupons as well and not many stores do that any more or only do it on certain days/times and there's usually a limit on the amount of the coupons they will double (it's usually anything $1 or lower).  At Target, you can use a Target coupon & a manufacturer's coupon on the same item...some stores also have this policy.  Target also now take expired coupons & competitor coupons at some stores (ours does).  Just figuring out which stores do what is exhausting in and of itself, then keeping straight the store policies and forget it!  Too much work for me!

AFA the "hoarding" issue...hubby's step-grandma was a DEFINITE hoarder, but nobody realized it until she passed away.  She kept everything pretty well stashed away where nobody would find it. They found over 200 rolls of TP in her basement, around 50 rolls of paper towels, around 50 bottles of shampoo, a similar amount of conditioner, 3 cases of dial soap, miscellaneous cleansers (probably around 50 bottles in total)....and she lived ALONE!!!  There were cans of veggies in her basement that had rusted and others that didn't even have any "control stamps" or dates or ANYTHING on them so god knows how old they were.  Not to mention the clothes, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.  It was crazy!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/26/11 at 7:09 am

AFA the "hoarding" issue...hubby's step-grandma was a DEFINITE hoarder, but nobody realized it until she passed away.  She kept everything pretty well stashed away where nobody would find it. They found over 200 rolls of TP in her basement, around 50 rolls of paper towels, around 50 bottles of shampoo, a similar amount of conditioner, 3 cases of dial soap, miscellaneous cleansers (probably around 50 bottles in total)....and she lived ALONE!!!  There were cans of veggies in her basement that had rusted and others that didn't even have any "control stamps" or dates or ANYTHING on them so god knows how old they were.  Not to mention the clothes, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.  It was crazy!!!
Or she was just a compulsive shopper, who could hide her addiction...  These people on EX. C. seem to be proud of their "stash"  - crazy

Written By: Howard on 05/26/11 at 7:17 am

Has any person on that show bought and hoarded deli meat from the supermarket?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 12:24 pm

Has any person on that show bought and hoarded deli meat from the supermarket?  ???

yes (well not actually deli meat but pre-packaged Deli Select brand luncheon meat) .....one woman (I think she was the one with 7 kids - at least I hope she was) filled her cart with 90 packages of the stuff....

Written By: Howard on 05/26/11 at 12:59 pm

yes (well not actually deli meat but pre-packaged Deli Select brand luncheon meat) .....one woman (I think she was the one with 7 kids - at least I hope she was) filled her cart with 90 packages of the stuff....

Oh Wow,hope she used it up quickly cause if one didn't just imagine the smell from your refrigerator.  :o :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 1:02 pm

Oh Wow,hope she used it up quickly cause if one didn't just imagine the smell from your refrigerator.  :o :P

she probably froze what she wasn't planning on using right away

Written By: Howard on 05/26/11 at 1:26 pm

she probably froze what she wasn't planning on using right away

My Mother freezes packaged meat but not deli meat,Wouldn't it taste weird?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 1:57 pm

probably but only if it has freezer burn.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/26/11 at 8:35 pm

I buy deli meat at Sam's club and freeze it!

Written By: Howard on 05/27/11 at 6:28 am

I buy deli meat at Sam's club and freeze it!

Could you freeze cheese,bologna or ham? ???

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/27/11 at 6:59 am

I freeze shredded cheese, we do not eat bologna (except deer ring bologna - and yes that we freeze), and I have sliced ham in my freezer right now (the Schwan man sell's frozen sliced ham also).

Written By: Dagwood on 05/27/11 at 7:03 am

I freeze shredded cheese, we do not eat bologna (except deer ring bologna - and yes that we freeze), and I have sliced ham in my freezer right now (the Schwan man sell's frozen sliced ham also).

I freeze cheese.  It is so expensive that when I see a good deal I try to stock up.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/11 at 8:54 am

This may shock you but you can also freeze bread.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/27/11 at 4:17 pm

I freeze cheese.  It is so expensive that when I see a good deal I try to stock up.
Same thing I do - I found 3 pound packages of shredded cheese, that where on clearance (exp. date was soon) for $3.49; I snatched as many of those puppies up and froze them right away!

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/11 at 5:27 pm

I have never freezed cheese....  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/27/11 at 5:36 pm

I have never freezed cheese....  :D
Why does this not really shock me  ???

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/27/11 at 5:53 pm

Why does this not really shock me  ???

;D

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/27/11 at 7:06 pm

Would it taste any better after it was taken out the freezer? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/27/11 at 7:07 pm

This may shock you but you can also freeze bread.

I know that,My Mother has a loaf of bread in the freezer.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/11 at 7:10 pm

It probably tastes the same....it just lasts longer...

Written By: Howard on 05/27/11 at 7:12 pm

It probably tastes the same....it just lasts longer...

I'll talk to my mother about it.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/27/11 at 7:52 pm

not better....  but not worse,

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/28/11 at 12:13 am

I freeze shredded cheese, we do not eat bologna (except deer ring bologna - and yes that we freeze), and I have sliced ham in my freezer right now (the Schwan man sells frozen sliced ham also).

Try to say this, Kidsami, please.
You freeze shredded cheese.
Shredded chees from cheesy trees.
Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew.
While these fleas flew, freezy breeze blew.
Freezy breeze made these three trees freeze.
Freezy trees made these trees' cheese freeze.
That's whatFreezy cheese made these three free fleas sneeze!

Then the Knack sang My Sharona.  Weird Al countered, "My Bologna".
Now you say you freeze bologna? Deer bologna from Kelowna?
You've some frozen deer bologna, and sliced ham sold by that man Schwan?
This man Schwan, slices ham? Sells it frozen? That's cold: just, damn!
Now Doctor Seuss, now he was the man!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/11 at 6:24 am

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/11 at 8:44 pm

Foo Bar got baked
and ate ate a rancid Salisbury steak
when his belly began to ache
and his bowels began to shake
he swallowed a lemon talcum cake

he upchucked on the door
and passed out on the floor
he came to and rinsed out with flat Coors
licked it up and made some more
:-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/11 at 10:19 pm

dude just  got $885 worth of groceries for $00.00 <--------not a typo!

Now that was cool. Plush donated everything  8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/11 at 10:21 pm

Oh. And I love the look on the faces of the peanut gallery that always seem to collectively congregate at the front of the store.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/30/11 at 5:55 am

Oh. And I love the look on the faces of the peanut gallery that always seem to collectively congregate at the front of the store.
I wonder if extreme coupling tellsthe stores they are coming in and this is the product they are looking for! 

Written By: Howard on 05/30/11 at 7:00 am

He donated the groceries? Wow way cool.  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/30/11 at 11:40 am

way cool!

I missed the episode, will have to check for reruns!

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 11:57 am

I wonder if extreme coupling tellsthe stores they are coming in and this is the product they are looking for! 

They have to tell them they plan on filming there but I doubt the producers care about the coupons the people possess or use it's more dramatic if they can't use the coupon or find the item. Etc

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 12:00 pm

way cool!

I missed the episode, will have to check for reruns!

I've already forgotten which ep it is but since the eps are titled with names of the featured coypu era (& I've only seen two dudes) he's the dude not named Nathan.

Nathan is the guy who donated all the Total cereal to a food bank. They featured him again and this time he donated 1000 care pkgs to deployed soldiers

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 1:10 pm

call me lame or whatever but I'm gonna give it a go... considering I have no money in June for groceries I might as well try and eat for free right?

My friend in AZ - who coupons but isn't on the scale of any of the people featured on the show recently bought

3-12pk Pepsi
1-12pk Sierra Mist
1 Kool Aid Tub Mix
1 Kool Aid Singles
Heinz 36oz Ketchup
CoverGirl Creme Foundation
2-Milano Cookies
A1 Thick & Hearty
Kroger Peanut Butter
4-Lean Pockets
4pk Croissants
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream
Kroger Sour Cream
2-Colgate Sensetive
1 Cottonelle Wipes Tub
2 Angus Beef Balls Park Hot Dogs
Prego
2- Kroger Canned Corn
John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner
Kroger Sensetive Body Wash
Hot Dog Buns
2-Bags of Tortilla Chips
Right Guard Body Wash
Right Guard Deodorant
Gallon AZ Sweet Tea

:o All for $23.27   :o

So I have created a new facebook page and email account dedicated to couponing... what do I call myself?

Why the....

Q-oupon Queen of course  8)

hopefully the link works  otherwise just search for me on FB if you wanna track my progress  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/11 at 1:40 pm

Awesome!  Good luck!

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 1:41 pm

Awesome!  Good luck!

Thx

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/30/11 at 1:58 pm

Another one of my facebook acquaintenaces asked if anybody did "extreme coupling" (her phone auto-corrected it from couponing.  lol)

I saw a couple episodes last night (including the one with the guy who was a pastor at a church and got the $800 groceries (mostly soda and other drink stuff) for free.  It still seems like an awful lot of fussing and work to get there but I guess it is worth it in a way.  Certainly better then wasting my time playing FB games.  Maybe I'll try it too.  Although ever since I heard of it, I always read the coupons now and it says only one coupon per purchase.  I don't know how these people get around that!

Good luck Q, that a cute name for your savings site, Qou-pon queen.

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 2:12 pm

Although ever since I heard of it, I always read the coupons now and it says only one coupon per purchase.  I don't know how these people get around that!

Good luck Q, that a cute name for your savings site, Qou-pon queen.

Those are the coupons I keep finding too.  I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/30/11 at 2:15 pm

Those are the coupons I keep finding too.  I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I guess that's why they end up with 300 bottles of dish soap, because each bottle counts as a purchase and if you have 300 coupons, eventually it'll even itself out.  For some reason it gives me a headache just thinking about it.  :-\\ ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/11 at 3:42 pm

I guess that's why they end up with 300 bottles of dish soap, because each bottle counts as a purchase and if you have 300 coupons, eventually it'll even itself out.  For some reason it gives me a headache just thinking about it.   :-\\ ;D

Maybe. It just seems a lot of the coupons I see are one per customer and cannot be combined with other offers. I know they're good for the store sale price but I keep hearing them mention stacking coupons. Etc

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/11 at 4:46 pm

call me lame or whatever but I'm gonna give it a go... considering I have no money in June for groceries I might as well try and eat for free right?

My friend in AZ - who coupons but isn't on the scale of any of the people featured on the show recently bought

3-12pk Pepsi
1-12pk Sierra Mist
1 Kool Aid Tub Mix
1 Kool Aid Singles
Heinz 36oz Ketchup
2-Milano Cookies
A1 Thick & Hearty
Kroger Peanut Butter
4-Lean Pockets
4pk Croissants
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream
Kroger Sour Cream
2-Colgate Sensetive
1 Cottonelle Wipes Tub
Prego
2- Kroger Canned Corn
Hot Dog Buns
2-Bags of Tortilla Chips
Right Guard Body Wash
Right Guard Deodorant
Gallon AZ Sweet Tea

Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree...

;)

Written By: Howard on 05/30/11 at 6:10 pm

3-12pk Pepsi
1-12pk Sierra Mist
1 Kool Aid Tub Mix
1 Kool Aid Singles
Heinz 36oz Ketchup
2-Milano Cookies
A1 Thick & Hearty
Kroger Peanut Butter
4-Lean Pockets
4pk Croissants
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream
Kroger Sour Cream
2-Colgate Sensetive
1 Cottonelle Wipes Tub
Prego
2- Kroger Canned Corn
Hot Dog Buns
2-Bags of Tortilla Chips
Right Guard Body Wash
Right Guard Deodorant
Gallon AZ Sweet Tea

:o All for $23.27  :o

So I have created a new facebook page and email account dedicated to couponing... what do I call myself?

Why the....

Q-oupon Queen of course  8)

hopefully the link works  otherwise just search for me on FB if you wanna track my progress  :D

Wow that sure is a lot of stuff.  :o

Written By: Gis on 05/31/11 at 8:07 am

I have found this thread very entertaining. As karen said we don't really have couponing in the U.K, though I know of it from visits to the States.
The T.V show reminds me of one we have over here called 'Superscrimpers' they do give out some fairly useful budgeting advise but some of the people they feature on the show are terrifying!
There was a woman who was making her own curd cheese from milk, it took ages and she was so excited for saving like 80c, seriously I mean the milk cost more than that and then she had to heat it etc. Just buy a tub for 80c you insane woman!!! 

Himself was particularly disturbed by the woman who doesn't turn her heating on but sleeps in her clothes because 'she has already heated them up by wearing them' and saves her bath water to wash up her dishes and water her plants  :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/11 at 8:25 am

The story about the lady who "saved" 80c making her own cheese made me lol. Not only was the milk used more expensive than her savings her time and emery should be worth more than 80c

Make sure you remember the face of the woman who washes her dishes in her saved bath water. I'm quite certain u never want to accept a lunch or dinner invitation to her house  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/11 at 10:21 am

I have found this thread very entertaining. As karen said we don't really have couponing in the U.K, though I know of it from visits to the States.

A wise man once observed,

"In America, it's not how much you spend; it's how much you save."
8)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/31/11 at 11:06 am

Another one of my facebook acquaintenaces asked if anybody did "extreme coupling" (her phone auto-corrected it from couponing.  lol)

teeheehee....damn auto-correct ;)

2kidsami, in some cases, they "pre-order" the things that they are buying in "mass quantities" so the store has them in stock when they go.

Q, when they refer to "stacking", what they are talking about is when a store either has a "buy one get one free" deal going where they can actually use 2 coupons (1 for each item) or if the store allows them to use a store coupon & a manufacturer coupon on the same item.  It's all dependent on the store policy, though. Some stores will allow it and others won't. I know Target does, some Jewel/Albertson's/Savon stores do, but I'm not sure about others. If you have a store that does a "double coupon" day, you get an even BETTER deal if they allow "stacking".

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/11 at 11:25 am

teeheehee....damn auto-correct ;)

2kidsami, in some cases, they "pre-order" the things that they are buying in "mass quantities" so the store has them in stock when they go.

Q, when they refer to "stacking", what they are talking about is when a store either has a "buy one get one free" deal going where they can actually use 2 coupons (1 for each item) or if the store allows them to use a store coupon & a manufacturer coupon on the same item.  It's all dependent on the store policy, though. Some stores will allow it and others won't. I know Target does, some Jewel/Albertson's/Savon stores do, but I'm not sure about others. If you have a store that does a "double coupon" day, you get an even BETTER deal if they allow "stacking".

THANKS!!!!

Written By: Howard on 05/31/11 at 3:23 pm

Himself was particularly disturbed by the woman who doesn't turn her heating on but sleeps in her clothes because 'she has already heated them up by wearing them' and saves her bath water to wash up her dishes and water her plants 

EW GROSS!  8-P :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/31/11 at 5:34 pm

3-12pk Pepsi
1-12pk Sierra Mist
1 Kool Aid Tub Mix
1 Kool Aid Singles
Heinz 36oz Ketchup
2-Milano Cookies
A1 Thick & Hearty
Kroger Peanut Butter
4-Lean Pockets
4pk Croissants
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream
Kroger Sour Cream
2-Colgate Sensetive
1 Cottonelle Wipes Tub
Prego
2- Kroger Canned Corn
Hot Dog Buns
2-Bags of Tortilla Chips
Right Guard Body Wash
Right Guard Deodorant
Gallon AZ Sweet Tea

Why the....

Q-oupon Queen of course  8)

hopefully the link works  otherwise just search for me on FB if you wanna track my progress  :D
WOW - I hope it goes well!  Remember Wednesday is the day that all the sales start!  Things go on clearance and such!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/31/11 at 5:44 pm

The T.V show reminds me of one we have over here called 'Superscrimpers' they do give out some fairly useful budgeting advise but some of the people they feature on the show are terrifying!
There was a woman who was making her own curd cheese from milk, it took ages and she was so excited for saving like 80c, seriously I mean the milk cost more than that and then she had to heat it etc. Just buy a tub for 80c you insane woman!!! 

Himself was particularly disturbed by the woman who doesn't turn her heating on but sleeps in her clothes because 'she has already heated them up by wearing them' and saves her bath water to wash up her dishes and water her plants  :o
Eesh - I know I cook homemade stuff, because it turns out cheaper than buying processed.  But eeeshhh - cottage cheese from milk 8-P 

How does the woman who does not turn on her heat keep her pipes from freezing (cause that is going to be an expensive repair bill when it happens).  AND I don't like sitting in bathwater (I have to take a shower after I take a bath), let alone wash my dishes in it!  My mother used to save water (catch it in the laundry sink, and bucket it back into the washer) from the washer to wash more than one load of laundry and that completely grossed me out all of my life! 

AND water plants, thinking the soap in it would not do them soo well, high in Phosphates....  :-\\

WOW - people are really willing to do anything for a buck!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/31/11 at 5:48 pm

I bet the store is like, Grrreat another special order for the penny pincher....  Wooo hooo we are going to make a buck on it!

I cannot even find anywhere that states a stores coupon policy, and I live in fear of a sales person telling me to put something back or I don't have enough funds. 

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/11 at 6:05 pm

I bet the store is like, Grrreat another special order for the penny pincher....  Wooo hooo we are going to make a buck on it!

I cannot even find anywhere that states a stores coupon policy, and I live in fear of a sales person telling me to put something back or I don't have enough funds. 

I'd just tell them to put the items in the go backs basket and let the courtesy clerks put the crap back.  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/11 at 6:36 pm

3-12pk Pepsi
1-12pk Sierra Mist
1 Kool Aid Tub Mix
1 Kool Aid Singles
Heinz 36oz Ketchup
2-Milano Cookies
A1 Thick & Hearty
Kroger Peanut Butter
4-Lean Pockets
4pk Croissants
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream
Kroger Sour Cream
2-Colgate Sensetive
1 Cottonelle Wipes Tub
Prego
2- Kroger Canned Corn
Hot Dog Buns
2-Bags of Tortilla Chips
Right Guard Body Wash
Right Guard Deodorant
Gallon AZ Sweet Tea

Throw in a box or two of Trojan Magnum XL's and you'd have the ultimate party pack!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/11 at 8:34 pm

Throw in a box or two of Trojan Magnum XL's and you'd have the ultimate party pack!  ;D

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

--Major Kong

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/11 at 5:48 am

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

--Major Kong

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/01/11 at 6:36 am

You never know when you might need them for just such an emergency. :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/11 at 7:01 pm

You never know when you might need them for just such an emergency. :D

Yeah that's why I always keep 1 or 2 in my briefcase, just in case.  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/01/11 at 8:38 pm

yes, but do you use coupons to buy them?  No?  So why the heck are you in the couponing thread talking about condoms?  That's what I thought.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/11 at 11:34 pm

spent the better part of two hours today going over the 4 stores in my area online weekly ads....formed my shopping list.... the plan....
go to the closest grocery store to home tomorrow and see if the deals I scoped out work in my favor....not gonna hit big savings because I have no cirrcular coupons. I don't get the paper but maybe I'll see if the land lord has some in the recycle bin before the guys come in the am.... maybe.... I don't know if I wanna get up that early to dig thru garbage for coupons  ;D 

still I created a list of items I'd be willing to buy from each store... next up....compare prices... I never really looked that closely at prices before. 

I have one store exactly 2 miles east of my place and another store exactly 2 miles west. I do about 75% of my shopping at these stores.

There's a store about a 2.5 miles from my work. I like going there because it's the grocery store I used to work at but it's super busy at 5pm when I get off work so I don't go there often.

The final store is only on my way home if I get off the freeway, and I only do that when traffic is seriously backed up. I suspect they are the cheapest (best prices and deals) but I don't think they are very convenient.

I also have Smart and Final, Costco, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and one more grocery store that's kind of upscale but I'm not gonna deal with any of them.........yet....... tho milk and eggs are cheap at costco and trader joes so maybe I'll make an exception.

The above was for no one's benefit really.... just me musing trying to get an action plan..... and it's so much easier to do it here!  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/11 at 12:10 am

Yeah that's why I always keep 1 or 2 in my briefcase, just in case.   ;)

One or two gross?
???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/11 at 12:11 am

yes, but do you use coupons to buy them?  No?  So why the heck are you in the couponing thread talking about condoms?  That's what I thought.   :D

http://www.robrob8.com/images/coupon/condom.jpg

Nice vote of confidence for Durex brand condoms!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

^ Okay that coupon's a joke.  I didn't read the fine print so I got suckered. 

Let's try this one:

http://www.condomdepot.com/trojan/trojan-coupon.gif

Clerk: Sorry, this coupon is not valid here, sir.
Maxwell: But it's valid at your mother's house!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/02/11 at 2:00 am

;D  Well played, Max!  Well played.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/11 at 5:43 am

yes, but do you use coupons to buy them?  No?  So why the heck are you in the couponing thread talking about condoms?  That's what I thought.   :D

Coupon site   :P

Written By: Howard on 06/02/11 at 6:47 am

Yeah that's why I always keep 1 or 2 in my briefcase, just in case.   ;)

I've been keeping them in my drawer just waiting for that special someone to come along,haven't had anyone in 3 years and they expired last month. :(

Written By: Howard on 06/02/11 at 6:48 am

yes, but do you use coupons to buy them?  No?  So why the heck are you in the couponing thread talking about condoms?  That's what I thought.   :D

I don't need coupons.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/11 at 6:49 am

http://www.robrob8.com/images/coupon/condom.jpg

Nice vote of confidence for Durex brand condoms!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

^ Okay that coupon's a joke.  I didn't read the fine print so I got suckered. 

Let's try this one:

http://www.condomdepot.com/trojan/trojan-coupon.gif

Clerk: Sorry, this coupon is not valid here, sir.
Maxwell: But it's valid at your mother's house!

Unless your mother is a cougar.  :D

Written By: Howard on 06/02/11 at 6:51 am

Coupon site   :P

I have to have a girl first in order to use the coupons.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/02/11 at 10:47 am

spent the better part of two hours today going over the 4 stores in my area online weekly ads....formed my shopping list.... the plan....
go to the closest grocery store to home tomorrow and see if the deals I scoped out work in my favor....not gonna hit big savings because I have no cirrcular coupons. I don't get the paper but maybe I'll see if the land lord has some in the recycle bin before the guys come in the am.... maybe.... I don't know if I wanna get up that early to dig thru garbage for coupons  ;D 

still I created a list of items I'd be willing to buy from each store... next up....compare prices... I never really looked that closely at prices before. 

I have one store exactly 2 miles east of my place and another store exactly 2 miles west. I do about 75% of my shopping at these stores.

There's a store about a 2.5 miles from my work. I like going there because it's the grocery store I used to work at but it's super busy at 5pm when I get off work so I don't go there often.

The final store is only on my way home if I get off the freeway, and I only do that when traffic is seriously backed up. I suspect they are the cheapest (best prices and deals) but I don't think they are very convenient.

I also have Smart and Final, Costco, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and one more grocery store that's kind of upscale but I'm not gonna deal with any of them.........yet....... tho milk and eggs are cheap at costco and trader joes so maybe I'll make an exception.

The above was for no one's benefit really.... just me musing trying to get an action plan..... and it's so much easier to do it here!  :D
www.smartsource.com  www.coupons.com

just a couple of places I've found decent coupons online.  The smartsource site usually has the same coupons that come in the Sunday papers, just in printable form, with a 2-print limit (although if you have multiple browsers and delete your cookies after printing, you can usually get around that ;))

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/02/11 at 10:51 am

On the episode last night, a store representative came up to one of the people and told her that she "misinterpreted" the store coupons/transactions policy so she had to completely redo her "plan".  She had originally planned to split her shopping into 2 transactions and have her husband do the 2nd one and the rep told her it was "1 per HOUSEHOLD" so her husband couldn't do his.  She did NOT look happy ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 11:23 am

www.smartsource.com   www.coupons.com

just a couple of places I've found decent coupons online.  The smartsource site usually has the same coupons that come in the Sunday papers, just in printable form, with a 2-print limit (although if you have multiple browsers and delete your cookies after printing, you can usually get around that ;))

Thx! B/c I most certainly didn't wake up to go thru the recycle bin this morning.  Ima slip a note in the landladies rent check and ask her to save me her unused coupons.

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 11:24 am

On the episode last night, a store representative came up to one of the people and told her that she "misinterpreted" the store coupons/transactions policy so she had to completely redo her "plan".  She had originally planned to split her shopping into 2 transactions and have her husband do the 2nd one and the rep told her it was "1 per HOUSEHOLD" so her husband couldn't do his.  She did NOT look happy ;D

That's funny.  

Eta. I just watched that ep.  Tell me this.  If she had 75 cents credit and the snickers were 3 / $1 how did she get out of the store paying just a penny? 

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:25 pm

yes, but do you use coupons to buy them?  No?  So why the heck are you in the couponing thread talking about condoms?  That's what I thought.   :D
Karma and Thank you  O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:28 pm

At least it relates to the topic...  Doesn't the hq - where you work get a paper?  Grab their circulars!  Or ask the landlord if he will sit it out for you when their done with paper!

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:29 pm

I don't need coupons.
You don't need condoms either, but you keep talking of them... Can we get back on subject ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:32 pm

On the episode last night, a store representative came up to one of the people and told her that she "misinterpreted" the store coupons/transactions policy so she had to completely redo her "plan".  She had originally planned to split her shopping into 2 transactions and have her husband do the 2nd one and the rep told her it was "1 per HOUSEHOLD" so her husband couldn't do his.  She did NOT look happy ;D
Well that just means the husband has to get his own place.  I am sure she will then have twice as much storage for her "stash" and be able to get all the extra incentives...  (and it won't cost em a dime, like the extra freezers running, the 5 computers to get all the coupons, or any of the other crazy stuff they do to get the deal).  It's cool - but I still think it is partially crazy!

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:33 pm

Thx! B/c I most certainly didn't wake up to go thru the recycle bin this morning.  Ima slip a note in the landladies rent check and ask her to save me her unused coupons.
My thoughts  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 7:34 pm

That's funny.  

Eta. I just watched that ep.  Tell me this.  If she had 75 cents credit and the snickers were 3 / $1 how did she get out of the store paying just a penny? 
damn - missed that one too

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 7:47 pm

At least it relates to the topic...  Doesn't the hq - where you work get a paper?  Grab their circulars!  Or ask the landlord if he will sit it out for you when their done with paper!

The fire dept does but they work 24 hr shifts and they do a lot of shopping. My guess is they use them but I plan on finding out for sure.

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/02/11 at 9:49 pm

The fire dept does but they work 24 hr shifts and they do a lot of shopping. My guess is they use them but I plan on finding out for sure.
well I think the police should get a courtesy copy!  I would be asking the paper people. I know the school gets about 15 copies of the newspaper as a courtesy....

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 9:55 pm

well I think the police should get a courtesy copy!  I would be asking the paper people. I know the school gets about 15 copies of the newspaper as a courtesy....

that'd be nice...if they left it we could take but we can't call and ask for a free copy...

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/03/11 at 6:04 am

that'd be nice...if they left it we could take but we can't call and ask for a free copy...
Dyam...  No strong arming the paper boy hmmmmmm...

Written By: Howard on 06/03/11 at 6:23 am

That's funny.  

A penny? Wow.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/11 at 6:24 am

You don't need condoms either, but you keep talking of them... Can we get back on subject ::)

Sorry Sami. :(

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 2:30 pm

I did okay....it's not great but okay is good considering i didn't have a whole lot of coupons.

what I have to do is get a stock pile of coupons together lol!  once I do that I can buy stuff that's on sale in the store that I actually have a coupon for to max my savings.....

today I spent

groceries  $164.34
store card $49.72
              $114.62
coupons  $9.25
double c. $8.23
              $97.14
sales tax $1.83

so my grand total for 52 items was 99.07. 

That's $1.90 an item...... and I bought 4 6pks of bottled Mountain Dew which normally retails for 5.99 it was on sale 2 for $6  and I got them for a buck ninety each!!!!!  Okay I'm happier now than I was when I first sat down to make this post.

I also got 6 boxes of cereal, bread, 36 eggs, a tub of butter, a package of meat, fresh fruit,  and some other stuff...  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/07/11 at 5:17 pm

Awesome!  Great job for your first outing!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/07/11 at 5:33 pm

I have tons of coupons I keep meaning to send you.  I've just kinda let my troubles distract me.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 6:50 pm

I have tons of coupons I keep meaning to send you.  I've just kinda let my troubles distract me.  :-\\

Understandable. You've been going thru a lot lately. I appreciate you thinking of me and will welcome them whenever you have time.  :)

Awesome!  Great job for your first outing!

Thx!

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 7:05 pm

I did okay....it's not great but okay is good considering i didn't have a whole lot of coupons.

what I have to do is get a stock pile of coupons together lol!  once I do that I can buy stuff that's on sale in the store that I actually have a coupon for to max my savings.....

today I spent

groceries  $164.34
store card $49.72
              $114.62
coupons  $9.25
double c. $8.23
              $97.14
sales tax $1.83

That's $1.90 an item...... and I bought 4 6pks of bottled Mountain Dew which normally retails for 5.99 it was on sale 2 for $6  and I got them for a buck ninety each!!!!!  Okay I'm happier now than I was when I first sat down to make this post.

I also got 6 boxes of cereal, bread, 36 eggs, a tub of butter, a package of meat, fresh fruit,  and some other stuff...  8)

That's great.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/11 at 7:22 pm

today I spent

groceries  $164.34
store card $49.72
              $114.62
coupons  $9.25
double c. $8.23
              $97.14
sales tax $1.83

Sweet deal...  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 12:05 am

today I spent

groceries  $164.34
store card $49.72
              $114.62
coupons  $9.25
double c. $8.23
              $97.14
sales tax $1.83

YAY!!!!!!

Great job!

Anyone have any coupons for Disney, Universal or Sea World ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 12:08 am

YAY!!!!!!

Great job!

try groupon or living social.....  or find a teachers credit union they sometimes have deals 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/08/11 at 12:33 am

YAY!!!!!!

Great job!

AAA used to have discount tickets, but I haven't had a membership since I got married.  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 10:44 am

try groupon or living social.....  or find a teachers credit union they sometimes have deals 
I have been looking through my teachers union  (both state ISAE and and national NAE) - can't seem to find anything. 

AAA used to have discount tickets, but I haven't had a membership since I got married.  :-\\
I am looking into it.  I can find deals on hotels, but I am staying with a friend.  And I am not sure the $3 off or such is worth the $60 it is going to cost... :-\\

Written By: karen on 06/08/11 at 10:56 am

I am looking into it.  I can find deals on hotels, but I am staying with a friend.  And I am not sure the $3 off or such is worth the $60 it is going to cost... :-\\

Can you spend 2 hours saying no?  we got cheap tickets to either seaworld or disney (can't recall which) by going to a presentation on a vacation club.  we got a free breakfast as well!

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 11:23 am

Can you spend 2 hours saying no?  we got cheap tickets to either seaworld or disney (can't recall which) by going to a presentation on a vacation club.  we got a free breakfast as well!

That's true those time share offers have great deals. You have to commit to their sales pitch but you still get their offers.

Sami I was thinking about contacting a branch that's in FL. They usually have those things avail locally but not necesarily nationally.

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 11:27 am

I sent a FB message to a friend who lives near Universal.

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 11:39 am

I know I was thinking that...

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 11:40 am

That's true those time share offers have great deals. You have to commit to their sales pitch but you still get their offers.

Sami I was thinking about contacting a branch that's in FL. They usually have those things avail locally but not necesarily nationally.

We went to one of those, I think I could - but the girls  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 11:49 am

Contacting a branch in FL??? of what, call it lack of sleep or extreme heat (heat index is over 100 today) - but My brain does not seem to be computing

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 11:54 am

Contacting a branch in FL??? of what, call it lack of sleep or extreme heat (heat index is over 100 today) - but My brain does not seem to be computing

Teachers credit union. I know you checked but I'm not sure you checked with a particular branch in FL. The coupons may not be avail nationally but the local branches may have discount coupons in their local offices.

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 12:44 pm

Teachers credit union. I know you checked but I'm not sure you checked with a particular branch in FL. The coupons may not be avail nationally but the local branches may have discount coupons in their local offices.
Hmmm. We don't even have a local credit union - but I am a paying dues union member of NEA  - I was looking under their members benefits!

Thanks!

Written By: karen on 06/08/11 at 1:45 pm

We went to one of those, I think I could - but the girls  :-\\

The one we went to had the kids go to a play room for the whole thing

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 2:42 pm

Hmmm. We don't even have a local credit union - but I am a paying dues union member of NEA  - I was looking under their members benefits!

Thanks!

A local branch of the nea in FL. You may not have a branch you can walk into but most big cities should have them, ive seen them in L A
And, being in the area where the theme parks are they are more likely to have paper coupons for locals that you wont find online  It's a thought.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/15/11 at 12:33 am

I can get an employee discount on them...of course, the website is currently undergoing "maintenance" so I can't get in, but I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow and see what it is.  I know our Busch Gardens tickets were $10 off...

We have a AAA membership too so I could probably get you some discounted through them as well...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/15/11 at 12:35 am

That's funny. 

I think she whipped out a coupon for 25 cents off, but I could be wrong ???

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/15/11 at 11:23 am

I can get an employee discount on them...of course, the website is currently undergoing "maintenance" so I can't get in, but I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow and see what it is.  I know our Busch Gardens tickets were $10 off...

We have a AAA membership too so I could probably get you some discounted through them as well...
Thanks!  But will I have to show employee badge or anything.  We do not have AAA - thinking about it (especially if we are driving down there) . 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/11 at 3:56 pm

Thanks!   But will I have to show employee badge or anything.  We do not have AAA - thinking about it (especially if we are driving down there) . 

AAA pays for itself with one road mishap.  AAA+ gives you 100 miles of free towing per year.  I've always been glad to have it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/12/11 at 10:08 am

Damn!  I forgot to do this...do you still need them?  No, you wouldn't have to show ID, I just order them and they come as E-tickets...

Btw, some Targets had to pull a majority of their Sharpie markers thanks to the extreme couponers...they were on sale for $1 this week and there was also a $1 printable coupon. 1 store had their ENTIRE STOCK wiped out by 2 PEOPLE within 20 minutes of opening on Sunday!!!  Over 400 Sharpies. And the cashier that checked them out asked and NO, they were NOT teachers, it was NOT for a school or church or any organization... "it was just a good deal and they couldn't pass it up!"

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/12/11 at 10:11 am

Oh, and as a result, other stores have started "rationing" theirs...only putting out a certain # per day. I guess one lady came in with 50 coupons and was mad that they were gone...the cashier told her to "thank her other couponing friends who had beaten her to the stockpile" ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/11 at 3:20 pm

Damn!  I forgot to do this...do you still need them?  No, you wouldn't have to show ID, I just order them and they come as E-tickets...

Btw, some Targets had to pull a majority of their Sharpie markers thanks to the extreme couponers...they were on sale for $1 this week and there was also a $1 printable coupon. 1 store had their ENTIRE STOCK wiped out by 2 PEOPLE within 20 minutes of opening on Sunday!!!  Over 400 Sharpies. And the cashier that checked them out asked and NO, they were NOT teachers, it was NOT for a school or church or any organization... "it was just a good deal and they couldn't pass it up!"

I've done that. Not with  sharpies but with another brand of sharpie like pen I get. I usually pay 4.99 for a pack of three but I was in staples and they had them on sale for a buck. I bought them out because I use them for autographs. I would've totally bought out my local target for sharpies. Especially of I could get them for free. Considering the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the yrs it's time I got some back!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/11 at 11:23 am

I've done that. Not with  sharpies but with another brand of sharpie like pen I get. I usually pay 4.99 for a pack of three but I was in staples and they had them on sale for a buck. I bought them out because I use them for autographs. I would've totally bought out my local target for sharpies. Especially of I could get them for free. Considering the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the yrs it's time I got some back!

I find myself in that situation at auctions when things are being sold at $5, I want to buy it because "Wow, that's a cheap price." Luckily, I have my cheapo frugal husband to tell me, "NO! It is junk." or "We don't want to deal with that."

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/15/11 at 9:44 pm

Okay, is it wrong to take advantage of my own employer???  I got 2 of the 2 packs o Sharpies, 2 10-packs of papermate pens (which are also on sale for $1 and have a $1 off printable coupon) and a 1-liter bottle of diet Coke (or which I had a .75 off coupon) for a grand total of 20 cents (which would have been 19 I had used my debit card!). If I hadn't bought the dC, I would have actually MADE $$ ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/16/11 at 1:32 am

Okay, is it wrong to take advantage of my own employer???  I got 2 of the 2 packs o Sharpies, 2 10-packs of papermate pens (which are also on sale for $1 and have a $1 off printable coupon) and a 1-liter bottle of diet Coke (or which I had a .75 off coupon) for a grand total of 20 cents (which would have been 19 I had used my debit card!). If I hadn't bought the dC, I would have actually MADE $$ ;)

Nah, I don't think that's too bad, if you only do it once or twice.  I remember this one employee of a local grocery store who got fired because (as I recall) there was some product that if you bought it, a $5 store credit coupon would print out with the purchase and you could use it towards your next purchase of anything in the store.  Over the next week, Einstein went and bought 50 bottles of this dishwasher soap (a $5 coupon would print with every purchase) and then I think he got his wife to return all of them the next day (but kept the $5 coupon) and then she'd get the money back from the store for the initial investment of the cost of the soap.  :o ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/11 at 1:43 am

Okay, is it wrong to take advantage of my own employer???  I got 2 of the 2 packs o Sharpies, 2 10-packs of papermate pens (which are also on sale for $1 and have a $1 off printable coupon) and a 1-liter bottle of diet Coke (or which I had a .75 off coupon) for a grand total of 20 cents (which would have been 19 I had used my debit card!). If I hadn't bought the dC, I would have actually MADE $$ ;)

Bought damn time you got one over on them!!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/16/11 at 6:37 pm

O0

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/22/11 at 4:36 pm

Okay, so I managed to print out a total of 4 coupons for the Sharpies so I got 4 2-packs ;)  Also printed out 4 Scotch tape coupons and got 4 of those, & 4 10-packs of pens...all free 8)

Going to go get a Dyson vacuum for less than 1/2 price this weekend...I have an employee only coupon for 40% off, plus my 10% employee discount, plus I have a 5% off 1-day coupon for getting 5 prescriptions filled, plus 5% for using my Target card, plus I have about $40 in free gift cards from getting the prescriptions filled...starting price $499, ending price $205+tax 8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/22/11 at 4:50 pm

Okay, so I managed to print out a total of 4 coupons for the Sharpies so I got 4 2-packs ;)  Also printed out 4 Scotch tape coupons and got 4 of those, & 4 10-packs of pens...all free 8)

Going to go get a Dyson vacuum for less than 1/2 price this weekend...I have an employee only coupon for 40% off, plus my 10% employee discount, plus I have a 5% off 1-day coupon for getting 5 prescriptions filled, plus 5% for using my Target card, plus I have about $40 in free gift cards from getting the prescriptions filled...starting price $499, ending price $205+tax 8)

DAMN!!!! now that's impressive!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/22/11 at 10:22 pm

O0. 

Wow and I thought they had a good deal on a futon...  Damn wish I had some coupons!

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 4:12 pm

Probably a lame questions but sometimes I interpret things the way I want to read them so.....

one coupon per purchase... I can buy 5 items and use 5 coupons or I can only by one item/one coupon per transaction?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/11 at 6:43 pm

I finished up my Antonio's punchcard and got a free slice of pizza yesterday!

EXTREME SAVINGS!  WOOO-HOOO!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

Written By: Howard on 07/26/11 at 7:46 pm

I finished up my Antonio's punchcard and got a free slice of pizza yesterday!

EXTREME SAVINGS!  WOOO-HOOO!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

Congratulations.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/27/11 at 12:16 am

I have no freakin idea Q about one per purchase.  I can see both situations being correct.  But knowing how stores twist things for their favor, probably 1 coupon per total grocery cycle.  I guess that's be something to ask the cashier (only if she has a smile on her face and not wishing death to all customers.)  lol

Today hubby took me to the gas station cafe (it's kind of a convenience store/gas station) thaat makes sub sandwiches and smoothies and things.  They have a program where you buy 5 drinks, get one free.  Today we got a free one ($3.99)  Yay!  Which is good since after I pay cable bill we will be broke broke broke.  :\'(  Hopefully they'll figure out something about the National Debt, or we don't get any money coming in (Veterans pay) on the 1st and we will be up a creek without a paddle and with a massive hole in the boat.  :\'( :-\\

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/27/11 at 6:01 pm

Probably a lame questions but sometimes I interpret things the way I want to read them so.....

one coupon per purchase... I can buy 5 items and use 5 coupons or I can only by one item/one coupon per transaction?
USUALLY one per item, so if you buy 5, you can use 5 coupons. The exception is buy one/get one coupons...SOME stores will let you use a coupon for $$ off the "free" one, some won't. Or, if the STORE is having a BOGO, some will still let you use coupons on one/both items and others won't. You just have to try and see (I usually don't even bother asking, I just take the coupons and they usually put them through regardless ;))

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/11 at 6:17 pm

USUALLY one per item, so if you buy 5, you can use 5 coupons. The exception is buy one/get one coupons...SOME stores will let you use a coupon for $$ off the "free" one, some won't. Or, if the STORE is having a BOGO, some will still let you use coupons on one/both items and others won't. You just have to try and see (I usually don't even bother asking, I just take the coupons and they usually put them through regardless ;))

thx...now I have to see if the item I want to buy is still on sale lol

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/29/11 at 10:11 pm

Okay, finally bought the vacuum...also bought 2 loaves of bread, a large container of yogurt, 14 pk of Prilosec, 10 pk of pens. Starting balance (pre-tax) $517, ending balance (including tax) $206.xx :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/29/11 at 10:12 pm

thx...now I have to see if the item I want to buy is still on sale lol

check out the Krazy Coupon Lady on facebook...she has tons of info on deals ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/11 at 10:13 pm

Okay, finally bought the vacuum...also bought 2 loaves of bread, a large container of yogurt, 14 pk of Prilosec, 10 pk of pens. Starting balance (pre-tax) $517, ending balance (including tax) $206.xx :)

NICE!

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/11 at 10:15 pm

check out the Krazy Coupon Lady on facebook...she has tons of info on deals ;)

On this particular item I printed up a coupon for it on smart source. I was going to go to the store that doubles coupons next week so I left it at home. I then went to the grocery store that was closest to me and wondered if they carried the item....figures the item which is normally 6.99 was on sale for 4.99 plus my dollar off coupon....too bad it wasn't on sale at the store that doubles coupons...it would've been 2.99 for that item...  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...