inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Streets Closed! Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Flick...

Written By: Davester on 05/29/11 at 10:07 pm

Found a flyer under my wiper blade one morning last week.  The street in front of my digs and other surrounding streets are going to be closed all this week for a film shoot.  The flyer referred to the film as "Untitled Western" then goes on to say that it's set in the 1940s.  Probably not a western, methinks, but a front ala Blue Harvest.  Explains the commotion last week - apparently a set construction crew has been renovating an old house about six doors up from me.  I saw about 50 people there.  At first I thought it was Habitat For Humanity.  They didn't appreciate me walking through their construction zone...

A little digging reveals what might be a new Paul Thomas Anderson movie possibly called "The Master" and possibly starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix...

I'll try to get some piccys when this goes down...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/UntitledPTAPoster.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/teaser-image-untitled-paul-thomas-anderson-film/#more-104196

Subject: Re: Streets Closed! Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Flick...

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/11 at 1:03 am

Thank goodness it's not a sequel to 'Magnolia'.  That movie was horrible.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/11 at 8:10 am

I'd like to see him come out with Boogie Nights II, maybe even in 3-D.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/11 at 12:15 pm

I'd like to see him come out with Boogie Nights II, maybe even in 3-D.  8)

I don't need to see a man's junk come at me in 3-D  8-P
I'll gladly see Julianne Moore's breasts come at me in 3-D  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/11 at 1:23 pm

I don't need to see a man's junk come at me in 3-D  8-P
I'll gladly see Julianne Moore's breasts come at me in 3-D  :P

True, true...  ;)

Written By: Davester on 05/30/11 at 4:21 pm

I forgot about Boogie Nights.  Me like, me like..!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/11 at 4:45 pm

Maybe Davester can get a part as an extra!
:)

Written By: Davester on 06/16/11 at 12:14 am

Maybe Davester can get a part as an extra!

That would've been the schiznick!  I learned that the roster was filled long before we even knew they were going to shoot here...

I got no piccys, but one day I watched them shoot.  The house they were filming in belonged to a retired man, Tony, who used to work at C&H sugar, where I currently work.  Apparently the studio had already arranged to shoot a scene in his house awhile back.  He passed away around a month ago, leaving the house to his son, whom I've never met.  The studio put him up in a hotel all that week.  Also the son gave the studio permission to use Tony's old navy uniform as a costume for the scene at the house.  I did see Joaquin Phoenix, from across the street, dressed in the navy uniform.  The scene was pretty quick.  He walked up the street, climbed the stairs to the porch, knocked on the door, waited, and strained to look through the peep hole.  I'm sure more was filmed inside since the studio completely customized the interior of the house, 1940s vintage...

Best part is, as me and a neighbor are standing on the corner watching everything, a group of people dressed-up in vintage costumes walk past us.  The dressing room trailers were on the next block down.  My neighbor and I thought the people were extras.  One lady wearing a dress smiled and waved.  I told her she looked pretty in that dress.  She stopped and said thank you, but she really didn't like wearing it - too uncomfortable.  I asked her if she was an extra.  She said no and that her name was Amy Adams.  She's playing the wife of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character.  Phoenix is playing one of Scientology's early converts...of all the times not to have a camera in my hand..!

Anyway, this flick is based loosely on L. Ron Hubbard's creation of Scientology...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/11 at 5:40 pm

Cool!  I've heard of Amy Adams.  She was in Charlie Wilson's War and she's been on The Office several times.

Check for new replies or respond here...