inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amy Winehouse cancels two dates of European tour

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/11 at 3:03 pm

Amy Winehouse is to cancel part of her European tour after the singer was booed for appearing to be too drunk to perform at a concert in Serbia's capital Belgrade.

She is pulling out of shows in Istanbul, Turkey, on Monday, and Athens, Greece, on Wednesday.

A spokesman said Ms Winehouse would like to apologise to fans, but "feels that this is the right thing to do".

The singer has struggled with addiction for some time.

Her spokesman added that Ms Winehouse will return home after agreeing with management that "she cannot perform to the best of her ability".

Her tour, which was originally scheduled to include 12 performances, is now due to resume in Bilbao, Spain, on 8 July.

The concert in Belgrade was the first of the tour, and for almost 90 minutes, Amy Winehouse mumbled her way through parts of songs, said the BBC's Mark Lowen.

He added: "She sang a few strained notes, before stumbling across the stage and at one point throwing her microphone to the floor.

"At times she left the stage altogether - her band attempting to fill in.

"She was frequently booed by the crowd. Many had paid up to €45 (£40) to see her in a country in which wages are some of the lowest in Europe, and their anger was clear."

The Grammy-award winning singer had been under strict instructions not to drink after recently finishing a course of alcohol rehabilitation in London.

Hotel staff on her European tour are said to be under orders to remove alcohol from her room.

Subject: Re: Amy Winehouse cancels two dates of European tour

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/11 at 6:34 pm

Amy Winehouse is to cancel part of her European tour after the singer was booed for appearing to be too drunk to perform at a concert in Serbia's capital Belgrade.

I thought being drunk was part of the act.  :-\\

Written By: Shiv on 06/19/11 at 7:19 pm

Train wreck.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/19/11 at 8:11 pm

Train wreck.

She's addicted to alcohol.  :(

I'm not a fan of her, but I love her song 'Rehab'.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/11 at 6:09 am

She's addicted to alcohol.  :(

I'm not a fan of her, but I love her song 'Rehab'.

I like "Rehab",She definitely needs help.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/20/11 at 11:31 pm

Hotel staff on her European tour are said to be under orders to remove alcohol from her room.

They'd have to remove alcohol from the whole city when Amy rolls into town!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...