inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tween Wave

Written By: joeman on 06/22/11 at 7:43 pm

I watched the new South Park episode where kids are getting into new music that has heavy electronic bass/drums to it.  The writers made it that the kids were listening to, literally, crap, but is the "in thing" that has been going from 2009 to maybe 2012.  Is heavy electronic music, like dubstep and crabcore, really that popular with kids these days?  I'd imagine an electronic music revolution happening this decade but didn't realize that kids ages 10 and older and getting into it deeply now.

Personally, I like Drum N Bass, but that isn't popular enough right now...

Subject: Re: Tween Wave

Written By: RG1995 on 06/22/11 at 8:32 pm

I watched the new South Park episode where kids are getting into new music that has heavy electronic bass/drums to it.  The writers made it that the kids were listening to, literally, crap, but is the "in thing" that has been going from 2009 to maybe 2012.  Is heavy electronic music, like dubstep and crabcore, really that popular with kids these days?  I'd imagine an electronic music revolution happening this decade but didn't realize that kids ages 10 and older and getting into it deeply now.

Personally, I like Drum N Bass, but that isn't popular enough right now...
Dubstep is known, but Electropop(which isn't anything as electronic as Dubstep) is still #1 with Rap and Rock popular as usual.

Check for new replies or respond here...