inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music trends in the next few years

Written By: bigdsketch on 06/23/11 at 6:53 pm

What could be the next big trend in pop music in about the next 2 or 3 years? Do yall think that the who techno pop or electro pop (what ever yall wanna call it) will last a few more years, or is 2011 its last peak year?

Subject: Re: Music trends in the next few years

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/11 at 7:30 pm

The way music has been steadily devolving over the years, I'm guessing that by 2018 the Billboard Top 40 will be dominated by songs made by 2 year-olds with ADD beating on pots and pans.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/11 at 8:12 pm

The way music has been steadily devolving over the years, I'm guessing that by 2018 the Billboard Top 40 will be dominated by songs made by 2 year-olds with ADD beating on pots and pans.  :P

And the sad part is that stuff will be flying off the shelves, all the way to #1

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 06/23/11 at 11:24 pm

It's not great music, but I like the fact that Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were very removed from the late 90's. A lot of rock and pop music in the past decade, up until 2008, was too similar to the late 90's. I don't know what the next trends will be.

Written By: bigdsketch on 06/24/11 at 12:31 am

I'm thinking this, judging by previous decades, i'm thinking the electro (or techno) pop stuff has 2 maybe 3 more years at best b4 it fizzles. Of course, it could wind up like disco and take forever to fizzle out  ::)
Believe me, in 09 it grew on me, by 2010 i loved it, now in 2011...its aiiight, but its getting repetitive. I love extremely synthy dance songs and tha fact that hip hop and r&b has fused with pop, but its not like they all sound super unique or anything. Most top 40 songs now a days have at least 3 of these things in common.

1. Some form of 808 claps or snares
2. Main synth melody lines and/or arpeggiated synth (either way heavily synthesized)
3. Beats that are either very similar or almost identical to millions of other top 40 songs in the past 3 years
4. Refrains or verses that have either a constantly repeated phrase or word (Imma be is a good example of this one)

I'm not gonna mention other things like auto tune (more so around 08- early 10) and the sampling of old school (normally 80s) songs, but those go without saying.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/24/11 at 12:39 am

According to my research and analysis the quality of music has gone down quite tremendously since the late 90s.  ;D

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcZO8HgZhsBeNs36PanbW-42adgLrF4NJxuoWe_GsIMHwK2Zj_8Q

Written By: Howard on 06/24/11 at 6:31 am

In 2018,people will wind up being tone-deaf.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/11 at 6:33 am

I'm not sure but I know it's not going to sound good.

Written By: bigdsketch on 06/24/11 at 8:18 am

In 2018,people will wind up being tone-deaf.
I really REALLY hope not. As a musician that is my worst nightmare.  8-P I'm hoping that maybe once autotune finally fizzes out that true singing will fully comeback into the pop world. Like Bruno Mars for example.

Written By: bigdsketch on 06/24/11 at 8:27 am

According to my research and analysis the quality of music has gone down quite tremendously since the late 90s.  ;D

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcZO8HgZhsBeNs36PanbW-42adgLrF4NJxuoWe_GsIMHwK2Zj_8Q
I totally agree with you on that. Most of my music collection is from pre-1999. I barely have anything from 2000-2007 . 2008-2011, i have to admit i have a few songs i like, but they just dont have the same musical quality.

Written By: Emman on 06/24/11 at 9:05 am

I'm thinking this, judging by previous decades, i'm thinking the electro (or techno) pop stuff has 2 maybe 3 more years at best b4 it fizzles. Of course, it could wind up like disco and take forever to fizzle out  ::)
Believe me, in 09 it grew on me, by 2010 i loved it, now in 2011...its aiiight, but its getting repetitive. I love extremely synthy dance songs and tha fact that hip hop and r&b has fused with pop, but its not like they all sound super unique or anything. Most top 40 songs now a days have at least 3 of these things in common.

1. Some form of 808 claps or snares
2. Main synth melody lines and/or arpeggiated synth (either way heavily synthesized)
3. Beats that are either very similar or almost identical to millions of other top 40 songs in the past 3 years
4. Refrains or verses that have either a constantly repeated phrase or word (Imma be is a good example of this one)

I'm not gonna mention other things like auto tune (more so around 08- early 10) and the sampling of old school (normally 80s) songs, but those go without saying.

I think electropop music will definitely be heavily identified with the first half of the '10s(2010-2014) in the future, I'm guessing it has around 2-3 years of mainstream popularity left like you said, after that it gets very tricky. The dubstep sound has been hyped since last year, I think it might have some further influences on pop music but I don't know if the original style itself will become dominant in mainstream pop music, also the electropop sound will probably influence much dance music for the rest of the decade, I think the most likely thing that will happen to electropop will be it morhping into something else(pop-oriented of course).

I think a alternative pop-rap boom might happen in the early/mid '10s, I mean if you look at alot of the popular rap now it is actually quite different from the majority of the '00s style rap, while Lil Wayne is still popular there is also people like Lupe Fiasco, B.o.B, Bruno Mars and Tinie Tempah who are growing in popularity(esp. in 2011). Then there is rock music which is doing very terrible in the 2010s so far, it' s commercial and mainstream popularity looks like it's finally coming to an end, if rock music is to be relevent it will probably have to go electronic or radically re-invent itself. In the '00s, most of the rock trends(besides emo) were just revivals(garage-rock, neo new wave), we did not see the same thing with hip-hop, it was always evolving(or devolving to some), going from the relaxed R&B style hip-hop of the early '00s, the crunk rap of the mid '00s, to the snap rap and techno/rap hybrids of the late '00s. Indie is probably the most promising thing going for rock right now(of the MGMT/Vampire Weekend/Sleigh Bells variety).

Written By: Creeder on 06/24/11 at 10:30 am

Definitely country music will be huge for the next couple of years (and already is on top 40). This is because coutry filled the void after rock music disappeared.
As for electropop it will be gone by 2013.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/24/11 at 12:28 pm

I totally agree with you on that. Most of my music collection is from pre-1999. I barely have anything from 2000-2007 . 2008-2011, i have to admit i have a few songs i like, but they just dont have the same musical quality.

You and I have the same opinion then. I thought 1999 was when it started to go downhill, BUT there have been a few songs I liked from the past decade, but only a few!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/24/11 at 12:29 pm

Definitely country music will be huge for the next couple of years (and already is on top 40). This is because coutry filled the void after rock music disappeared.
As for electropop it will be gone by 2013.

I don't mind myself a little country!  8)

Written By: Creeder on 06/24/11 at 12:33 pm

You and I have the same opinion then. I thought 1999 was when it started to go downhill, BUT there have been a few songs I liked from the past decade, but only a few!

I would say 2003 was the year it all went downhill, but still there was a lot of good tunes from the whole 2000s when I look back now.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/24/11 at 12:36 pm

I would say 2003 was the year it all went downhill, but still there was a lot of good tunes from the whole 2000s when I look back now.

I once saw a woman on inthe00s who thought music already went downhill in about 1986!! I guess people have different opinions.  :D

Written By: Creeder on 06/24/11 at 12:41 pm

I once saw a woman on inthe00s who thought music already went downhill in about 1986!! I guess people have different opinions.  :D

Yeah, to each with his own. But the 80s look truly the best in every aspect.

Written By: Emman on 06/24/11 at 1:28 pm

Because of 50 Cent and crunk(exploded in popularity that year)? 8-P

Written By: RG1995 on 06/24/11 at 6:09 pm

Outkast also was big that year, so it wasn't bad at all.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/11 at 7:33 pm

I live in the past so my collection is really jamminoldies and maybe some new music as well.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/11 at 7:35 pm

You got that right.

Written By: RG1995 on 06/24/11 at 10:33 pm

70s were the peak of music!  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/11 at 12:34 am

I'm pushing for a craze involving sixties and seventies music, but I mean the kind that was coming out of the ONCE Festival, The Sonic Arts Union, The Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center, Center for Contemporary  Music (CCM) Mills College, the New York Minimalist Movement, and experimental studios from around the world and so forth:

Try:

Robert Ashley: A Purposeful Lady Slow Afternoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnH_jjAJuDw

Alvin Lucier: I Am Sitting in a Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgicEWD1Nc&feature=related

Noah Creshevsky: Strategic Defense Initiative
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeerrVbzkIA

Steve Reich: Come Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uh0SQwegt0

Meredith Monk: The Tale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=759BKxAS5nE

Paul Lansky: Idle Chatter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjhvdKffr-g

Charles Dodge: A Man Sitting in the Cafeteria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIBvBDlNaE

Gordon Mumma: Megaton for WM. Burroughs 1 0f 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueFb-Wg4F0A

Pauline Oliveros: Bye Bye Butterfly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrNL063Gys

Hugh Le Caine's Electronic Sackbut Synthesizer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69B82HrWZZU

Elaine Radigue: Jetsun Mila (excerpt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE4rfXy4T0

John Cage: Water Walk (live presentation with long TV presenter introduction)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSulycqZH-U

The music on these 12 selections  -- First it repels you.  Then it amuses you.  Then it intrigues you.  Then it attracts you.  Then you want to listen to more and more of it and so you go searching the stores and the Internet for it.  Then you get to think EVERYBODY should at least hear it!  So what if your friends and family think you're mad.  You've never had a relationship with sound like this!  How could they possibly understand.  So you try to play some of for them.  Most of them call it horrible crap and don't want to hear it again, but one says, "Say, that's kinda interesting...."  Focus on that one.  Ignore the others!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

Written By: Howard on 06/25/11 at 6:34 am

70s were the peak of music!  8-P

and that was a good time for music.

Written By: tv on 06/27/11 at 1:04 pm

No that was 2004 actually with the popularity of Lil Jon.

Written By: Shiv on 06/27/11 at 1:59 pm

I think electropop has reached saturation point, its starting to get really cliched and all sounds the same. Its basically a modern-day version of the late 90s-early 00s teen pop, and we all know how long that lasted :P I give it 1-3 more years.

Hip hop will still be popular, but not on the same level as the 00s. By the 20s, it will be "parents music" and no longer popular with youth (I currently have no idea what will be).

Mainstream rock will consist of the hipster-indie stuff (Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend), with traditional rock maintaining a cult following.

True R&B/soul may make a comeback as a backlash against the autotuned, heavily-synthesized stuff.

Autotune will be a joke by 2012.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/27/11 at 2:30 pm

I think electropop has reached saturation point, its starting to get really cliched and all sounds the same. Its basically a modern-day version of the late 90s-early 00s teen pop, and we all know how long that lasted :P I give it 1-3 more years.

Hip hop will still be popular, but not on the same level as the 00s. By the 20s, it will be "parents music" and no longer popular with youth (I currently have no idea what will be).

Mainstream rock will consist of the hipster-indie stuff (Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend), with traditional rock maintaining a cult following.

True R&B/soul may make a comeback as a backlash against the autotuned, heavily-synthesized stuff.

I hope you're right.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/27/11 at 2:54 pm

IMO it started going downhill in 2005/2006. As someone who was 17 in 2004, I loved 2004 really...2006,2007 was a lot worse. I came of age in the early-mid '00s so I'm a bit biased for that era, even if it wasn't really the best.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/27/11 at 3:02 pm

No that was 2004 actually with the popularity of Lil Jon.

Get Low was a 2003 song, also there was "Damn!" by the Youngbloodz from 2003, so Crunk's breakthrough was definitely in 2003.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/27/11 at 5:12 pm

Get Low was a 2003 song, also there was "Damn!" by the Youngbloodz from 2003, so Crunk's breakthrough was definitely in 2003.

Yeah, I agree. 2003 was the beggining of the crunk phenomenon!

Written By: Howard on 06/27/11 at 7:18 pm

You mean from the 70's and 80's?  ???

Written By: Shiv on 06/27/11 at 9:18 pm

You mean from the 70's and 80's?  ???

No, the sequencer-based, autotuned, 808 drum machine 00s sound. The 70s and even 80s stuff was way more organic.

Written By: tv on 06/29/11 at 1:54 pm

Yeah but I remember "crunk" really being popular in 2004 though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/11 at 2:17 pm

A lot of college rock bands are imitating Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend these days.  This is a good thing.  I'd rather hear bands trying to sound like Arcade Fire than Alice In Chains.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/29/11 at 2:20 pm

True 2004 was its most successful year. Funny how quick it faded away, but that's how it goes I guess.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/29/11 at 3:10 pm

It was huge in the mid-00s wasn't it?

Written By: Brian06 on 06/29/11 at 3:16 pm

It was huge in the mid-00s wasn't it?

Yeah totally it was the genre of choice when I was a junior and senior in high school.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/29/11 at 3:20 pm

Yeah totally it was the genre of choice when I was a junior and senior in high school.

Ugh! Not for me.  8-P

Written By: RG1995 on 06/29/11 at 5:34 pm

A lot of college rock bands are imitating Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend these days.  This is a good thing.  I'd rather hear bands trying to sound like Arcade Fire than Alice In Chains.

What bands copy AIC? They copy Nickelback if anything. Arcade Fire/Indie Rock will never be huge because it just isn't melodic enough for everyone.

Written By: Emman on 06/29/11 at 6:37 pm

What bands copy AIC? They copy Nickelback if anything. Arcade Fire/Indie Rock will never be huge because it just isn't melodic enough for everyone.

I don't know ANY "college rock" type bands that want to sound like Nickelback.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/11 at 7:34 pm

What's crunk? ???

Written By: Shiv on 06/29/11 at 10:58 pm

What's crunk? ???

A style of hip hop where everything's screamed, basically.

Written By: Shiv on 06/29/11 at 11:03 pm

Some of it is. Best Coast is a good example.

Arcade Fire's last album did go to #1 on the billboard 200 (which surprised me and a lot of others, I'm sure), so they are pretty popular. There are a lot of hipsters out there  :D

I don't know anyone under 30 who listens to post-grunge.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/29/11 at 11:12 pm

Some of it is. Best Coast is a good example.

Arcade Fire's last album did go to #1 on the billboard 200 (which surprised me and a lot of others, I'm sure), so they are pretty popular. There are a lot of hipsters out there  :D

I don't know anyone under 30 who listens to post-grunge.

I don't think is true, people in their mid-late 20s grew up with post grunge, I grew up with post grunge and I would chose it over emo every day. I don't know anyone who's my age that was emo, they were a few years younger than me. Now I do think real grunge is better than the post grunge I grew up with, but I still like some post grunge. Now people under 21-22 today or so probably prefer emo.

Written By: Shiv on 06/29/11 at 11:22 pm

I don't think is true, people in their mid-late 20s grew up with post grunge, I grew up with post grunge and I would chose it over emo every day. I don't know anyone who's my age that was emo, they were a few years younger than me. Now I do think real grunge is better than the post grunge I grew up with, but I still like some post grunge. Now people under 21-22 today or so probably prefer emo.

Emo is kind of dead.

I really think indie is the strongest rock genre right now.

Written By: Creeder on 06/30/11 at 4:41 am

Post-grunge > indie.
Indie will never be big or mainstream as grunge was.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/11 at 7:01 am

A style of hip hop where everything's screamed, basically.

like hardcore cursing rap? ???

Written By: Shiv on 06/30/11 at 10:01 am

like hardcore cursing rap? ???

No its party music. Its just that every lyric was screamed. Theres a reason why it didn't last long.

Written By: RG1995 on 06/30/11 at 10:11 am

No its party music. Its just that every lyric was screamed. Theres a reason why it didn't last long.
'Family Affair' by Mary J. Blige was kind of Crunk and she didn't scream.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/30/11 at 12:22 pm

'Family Affair' by Mary J. Blige was kind of Crunk and she didn't scream.

No offense, but I don't think that song was 'crunk'.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/30/11 at 1:40 pm

Yeah it's not really crunk itself but it did help popularize the term crunk.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/11 at 1:51 pm

I'm glad it didn't last long.What a silly name for a genre. ::)

Written By: Emman on 06/30/11 at 3:16 pm

I think the crunk synth(Yeah by Usher is a very good example) and 808 drum is the definitive sound of the '00s, kind of like the casio/huge snare drum sound of the '80s, respectively.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/05/11 at 8:06 pm

Eletropop is past its peak.  I say 2010 was its peak year.  Lady Gaga's new songs, while still popular, are NOTHING like Poker Face and Bad Romance in terms of widespread popularity.  Ke$ha's last song was "Blow" which flopped when compared to "We R Who We R" and "Tik Tok".  If anybody keeps up with the "Promo Only" DJ CDs, they are moving towards less and less electropop in the mainstream edition.  Katy Perry is probably one of if not the most successful artists right now but she fits in better with Miley Cyrus than Lady Gaga.  Electropop is nothing other than this decade's teen pop craze.  The last one lasted roughly from 1998 through 2001.  I give electropop one more year.

Its kind of disappointing because I was hoping electropop would be the bridge to more genuine electronica in mainstream music.  With David Guetta's surge in popularity in 2009 it was sure looking that way, but then 2010 came and so came the Katy Perry craze, which was a HUGE step backward for music in my opinion.

Written By: Creeder on 07/06/11 at 2:29 am

Katy Perry is really good and has that classic pop sound. She is the best pop female performer as of today, along with Bruno Mars as the best male pop artist.
The problem with modern music is that there are no new classic influential albums coming up. I found my self listening predominantly to old albums (pre-2007).
There are no new bands who could stand the test of time. Music is dead.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/11 at 10:17 pm

Its kind of disappointing because I was hoping electropop would be the bridge to more genuine electronica in mainstream music.  With David Guetta's surge in popularity in 2009 it was sure looking that way, but then 2010 came and so came the Katy Perry craze, which was a HUGE step backward for music in my opinion.

/puts his serious business hat on

Are you talking "end-of-an-era, get ready for a few more years of Official Disney Product(tm)" kind of step backwards, or are you talking "wait a year, electronica will step back in to fill the gap" step backward?

I'm divided in my opinions as to how this plays out.  I'm still in the "guardedly optimistic" camp. 

Written By: Brian06 on 07/08/11 at 12:21 am

Eletropop is past its peak.  I say 2010 was its peak year.  Lady Gaga's new songs, while still popular, are NOTHING like Poker Face and Bad Romance in terms of widespread popularity.  Ke$ha's last song was "Blow" which flopped when compared to "We R Who We R" and "Tik Tok".  If anybody keeps up with the "Promo Only" DJ CDs, they are moving towards less and less electropop in the mainstream edition.  Katy Perry is probably one of if not the most successful artists right now but she fits in better with Miley Cyrus than Lady Gaga.  Electropop is nothing other than this decade's teen pop craze.  The last one lasted roughly from 1998 through 2001.  I give electropop one more year.

"Blow" didn't do too bad, tbh the song wasn't really that catchy imo, I'm surprised it even did that well. And you got LMFAO and Pitbull topping the charts now, so electropop is certainly not over yet. Though yeah electropop has been a sensation for say about 3 years now so it's probably nearing time for some other fad to take its place. Lady GaGa's new album definitely is more experimental and distances itself somewhat from the typical electropop production. I'd bet on alternative hip-hop personally, many rappers seem to be embracing a more alternative sound even Lil Wayne with his newest song and Eminem has pretty much fully embraced it. One thing that I've noticed as a hip-hop fan is the gangsta era has become really distant in the last few years, hip-hop pretty much seems the opposite of gangsta at this point.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/08/11 at 12:49 am

I remember "Raise Up" by Petey Pablo from '01, also Ludacris was already HUGE in 2001, those aren't specifically "crunk" but they're definitely of the larger "dirty south" style which actually was gaining popularity even going back to the late '90s. Of course also Outkast (greatest southern rappers imo), but they're in their own class compared to your average southern rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnA94-hTC8&feature=relmfu

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/11 at 1:08 am

"Blow" didn't do too bad, tbh the song wasn't really that catchy imo, I'm surprised it even did that well. And you got LMFAO and Pitbull topping the charts now, so electropop is certainly not over yet. Though yeah electropop has been a sensation for say about 3 years now so it's probably nearing time for some other fad to take its place. Lady GaGa's new album definitely is more experimental and distances itself somewhat from the typical electropop production. I'd bet on alternative hip-hop personally, many rappers seem to be embracing a more alternative sound even Lil Wayne with his newest song and Eminem has pretty much fully embraced it. One thing that I've noticed as a hip-hop fan is the gangsta era has become really distant in the last few years, hip-hop pretty much seems the opposite of gangsta at this point.

Electro pop will die about 2015 I'm predicting! My crystal ball says so!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/08/11 at 6:44 am

Electro pop will die about 2015 I'm predicting! My crystal ball says so!  ;D

Will they ever bring back the days of disco?

Written By: Shiv on 07/08/11 at 10:14 pm

Will they ever bring back the days of disco?

Electropop is modernized disco, basically.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/11 at 6:50 am

Electropop is modernized disco, basically.

remember when they were playing "real" instruments?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/11 at 6:51 am

remember when they were playing "real" instruments?
Rock n' Roll!

Written By: Howard on 07/09/11 at 6:52 am

Rock n' Roll!

trumpet,saxaphone,electric guitar and the horn.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/11 at 7:02 am

trumpet,saxaphone,electric guitar and the horn.
Jazz then?

Written By: Howard on 07/09/11 at 7:20 am

Jazz then?

how about a more funky sound?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/11 at 7:21 am

With a touch of R 'n B?

Written By: Howard on 07/09/11 at 7:07 pm

With a touch of R 'n B?

that sounds good.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/09/11 at 7:19 pm

Listen to Raphael Saddiq's Stone Rollin' for some good R&B...  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/09/11 at 7:36 pm

Listen to Raphael Saddiq's Stone Rollin' for some good R&B...   8)

Wow that's cool,sounds almost like something from The Motown Era.  8)

Written By: nintieskid999 on 07/10/11 at 9:55 am

Hopefully it will get better in the 2020s. So far, I'm not calling this "my music". In the age of the internet, the concept that you just have to listen to something just because you're a certain age is outdated. I'll just listen to other music I like on the internet until things get better.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/11 at 1:52 pm

Who knows what music will sound like by 2020?

Written By: Creeder on 07/10/11 at 3:13 pm

Hopefully it will get better in the 2020s. So far, I'm not calling this "my music". In the age of the internet, the concept that you just have to listen to something just because you're a certain age is outdated. I'll just listen to other music I like on the internet until things get better.

What happened to the social side of music? People of certain generations used to listen to certain types of music, but not any more...

Written By: nintieskid999 on 07/10/11 at 5:00 pm

Who knows what music will sound like by 2020?

Probably much better

Written By: nintieskid999 on 07/10/11 at 5:02 pm

What happened to the social side of music? People of certain generations used to listen to certain types of music, but not any more...

Clear Channel happened and not all of us want to be forced to listen to music that doesn't take any talent to produce. Plus we have the option of listening to what we want on the internet.  I think we're in a postmodern age where generational ties to the music of your teens and 20s is disappearing.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/11 at 6:38 am

I love my jamminoldies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/11 at 6:40 am

The social side of music is now karaoke, and it must be stopped.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/11 at 6:42 am

The social side of music is now karaoke, and it must be stopped.

karaoke is done in bars and social clubs.

Written By: Creeder on 07/11/11 at 12:38 pm

Clear Channel happened and not all of us want to be forced to listen to music that doesn't take any talent to produce. Plus we have the option of listening to what we want on the internet.  I think we're in a postmodern age where generational ties to the music of your teens and 20s is disappearing.

Hm... ok.
Then what music a man in his early 20s is supposed to listen nowadays. What do you listen?

Written By: Howard on 07/11/11 at 12:51 pm

Hm... ok.
Then what music a man in his early 20s is supposed to listen nowadays. What do you listen?

I'm close to 40 and I listen to the jamminoldies.

Check for new replies or respond here...