inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Schwarzenegger split: Maria Shriver files for divorce

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/11 at 11:56 am

The wife of film star and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has filed for divorce.

Mr Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, a Kennedy heiress and former journalist, separated in May amid revelations that he had fathered a child out of wedlock.

The divorce papers cite irreconcilable differences as the reason to end their 25-year marriage.

The couple have four children together. Ms Shriver is seeking joint custody of the two younger sons, aged 17 and 13.

Mr Schwarzenegger was elected Republican governor of California in 2003. He left office in January, planning to resume his career in Hollywood.

In May, it was revealed he had a child with a member of his household staff more than 10 years ago.

The divorce papers, filed in a Los Angeles court, do not indicate the couple had a pre-nuptial agreement regarding division of their wealth.

Analysts say that indicates they will split evenly Mr Schwarzenegger's earnings as a Hollywood star since 1986.

Subject: Re: Schwarzenegger split: Maria Shriver files for divorce

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/02/11 at 7:53 pm

I wonder if they will split Mrs. Schwarzenneger's earning since 1986 50/50 too? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/11 at 10:00 pm

I wonder if they will split Mrs. Schwarzenneger's earning since 1986 50/50 too? ???

They split the "marital assets".  How they will split them does depend on who the idiot was, and that is pretty obvious, isn't it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/02/11 at 11:56 pm

:o Divorced?  I hadn't heard  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/11 at 9:02 am

I've seen articles in the news today where she is purportedly receiving offers from publishers, to write a "Tell All" book, for a $15,000,000 advance.  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 07/03/11 at 5:29 pm

They may be sending the offers, don't know if she is considering them.  I would say not.

Check for new replies or respond here...