inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My SSI Wait has been over.

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/20/11 at 3:46 pm

It's been one month since I've been getting SSI, so I'll be getting a car soon.

I just hope to get SSDI because there's no limitation...and I may be going back to College.

Subject: Re: My SSI Wait has been over.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/11 at 4:18 pm

Awesome news.  :)

What is the difference between SSI and SSDI ? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/11 at 4:33 pm

Awesome news.  :)

What is the difference between SSI and SSDI ? ???

SSI is an income supplement for low income households and SSDI is disability. I finally got my SSDI hearing date which will be in Oct.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/11 at 6:37 pm

I just hope to get SSDI because there's no limitation...and I may be going back to College.

Make sure of all the regulations.  My son gets SSDI because he has autism, but he cannot have personal assets worth more than $2000.  If he does have stuff in his name worth over that he is tossed off until he "spends down" his assets, then he can reapply.  If the car is in someone elses name there isn't a problem.  He also isn't allowed to make more than $60 a month, after that they take away dollar for dollar until they reach the amount of his check.  Draconian. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/20/11 at 6:45 pm

I'm on SSDI as well.  It's better than nothing, but I sure hope I'm not on it forever.  In this economy, once you've been unemployed for a couple of years the prospects are pretty bleak.
::)

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 7:17 pm

I'm on SSD and I can obtain my part time job at Pathmark and make money as well.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 7:18 pm

Congratulations.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 7:19 pm

I'm on SSDI as well.  It's better than nothing, but I sure hope I'm not on it forever.  In this economy, once you've been unemployed for a couple of years the prospects are pretty bleak.
::)

what were you doing before you were unemployed?  ???

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 7:20 pm

Make sure of all the regulations.   My son gets SSDI because he has autism, but he cannot have personal assets worth more than $2000.  If he does have stuff in his name worth over that he is tossed off until he "spends down" his assets, then he can reapply.  If the car is in someone elses name there isn't a problem.  He also isn't allowed to make more than $60 a month, after that they take away dollar for dollar until they reach the amount of his check.  Draconian.  

I have to spend down my money too,I have a little bit too much in my bank account.

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/24/11 at 8:11 am

I heard now that there'll be no SSI checks until further notice...did you Cat, Max, Howard, and D&M's son get that note?

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 1:07 pm

I heard now that there'll be no SSI checks until further notice...did you Cat, Max, Howard, and D&M's son get that note?

I don't get checks, the money is put into my checking account but no I didn't get that notice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/11 at 3:05 pm

I do not get SSI. I have applied for SSDI which I have a hearing in Oct. I won't know if I get it until then.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/25/11 at 12:54 pm

I do not get SSI. I have applied for SSDI which I have a hearing in Oct. I won't know if I get it until then.

Cat

I just realized that the reason why I won't be getting anymore SSI is because I make more money now and such...

Should I make an appeal?

Written By: Howard on 07/25/11 at 1:22 pm

I just realized that the reason why I won't be getting anymore SSI is because I make more money now and such...

Should I make an appeal?

You can try calling Social Security up to talk to them or you can go down there to make an appointment with them face to face and discuss your appeal.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/25/11 at 2:13 pm

Should I make an appeal?

I guess it depends on how much money you make. I know that if I had a job I wouldn't want to collect SSI, especially if it would be less than my salary.

Do you qualify for medical coverage, like Medicare?

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/27/11 at 12:26 pm

I guess it depends on how much money you make. I know that if I had a job I wouldn't want to collect SSI, especially if it would be less than my salary.

Do you qualify for medical coverage, like Medicare?

I did get something by Medicade...as well as SSDI, which I wanted in the 1st place because there's no limit to my saving and I can STILL work.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/11 at 7:37 pm

I did get something by Medicade...as well as SSDI, which I wanted in the 1st place because there's no limit to my saving and I can STILL work.

and you can keep your part time job too while being on SSDI.

Check for new replies or respond here...