inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My New Blog!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/10/11 at 7:44 pm

Hi Y'all!

So on a whim, I decided to start a blog that shares some of my interests with the general public and I wanted to post it and ask if you'd like to suggest various topics for me to cover on it.

It's not just Michael Jackson, it contains ALL my interests from MJ to 80s pop culture to pageants to books I'm reading, etc.

http://tiffiebscorner.blogspot.com

So please give it a look see. Thanks

Subject: Re: My New Blog!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/11 at 8:15 pm

Awesome blog, 'pollonia !

I too was a huge fan of Prince's girlfriend Apollonia  :-* .  Damn, she was hot.  Prince got all the hot chicks.  8)

And Rockwell was awesome too.

Of course, I got to actually enjoy them DURING the 80's.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/11/11 at 6:48 am

Hi Y'all!

So on a whim, I decided to start a blog that shares some of my interests with the general public and I wanted to post it and ask if you'd like to suggest various topics for me to cover on it.

It's not just Michael Jackson, it contains ALL my interests from MJ to 80s pop culture to pageants to books I'm reading, etc.

http://tiffiebscorner.blogspot.com

So please give it a look see. Thanks

Very nice blog Tiff. :)

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/11/11 at 12:58 pm

It's really nice, thank you for sharing it with us  :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/11/11 at 3:27 pm

Thanks y'all. I'm glad you enjoy it.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/11/11 at 7:20 pm

Thanks y'all. I'm glad you enjoy it.  ;D

Wow,never knew you liked Prince too.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/11/11 at 11:26 pm

Yes I like Prince too. I say liking Prince is not like my adoration of MJ. I like Michael unconditinally and Prince pisses me off every so often. Well he pisses off his fanbase every so often because I've never seen anyone's fans trash talk an artist like Prince's fans do..  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/11 at 5:56 am

With a name like apollonia I would expect nothing else...  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/12/11 at 6:32 am

Yes I like Prince too. I say liking Prince is not like my adoration of MJ. I like Michael unconditinally and Prince pisses me off every so often. Well he pisses off his fanbase every so often because I've never seen anyone's fans trash talk an artist like Prince's fans do..  ;D

Didn't Prince and Michael have the same mannerisms on stage like grabbing their crotch or licking themselves?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/12/11 at 10:39 am

Well Michael and Prince had comepletely different onstage personas. Both danced, but of course Michael is a far more gifted dancer than Prince, especially with Prince in those 4 inch heels. Michael tried to be sexy with the crotch grab and body rolling and i've got some footage of Prince so vulgar.... ::) woo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlD4ifmq3s

Prince June 7, 1986. (I was 29 days old then!) performing Kiss. I have this show in DVD, he did his song Head earlier in the set, it was pretty ripe, trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RhkQSjj_k&feature=related

Same song, 18 years later, on the Ellen show, 2004.

Kiss=Billie Jean, Purple Rain= Man in the Mirror.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/11 at 6:17 pm

Let's not forget Prince's excellent album from 1980, "Dirty Mind".  8)  It seems to get lost in all the hubbub about his mid-1980's stuff.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/12/11 at 6:55 pm

Let's not forget Prince's excellent album from 1980, "Dirty Mind".  8)  It seems to get lost in all the hubbub about his mid-1980's stuff.

Karma man! Dirty Mind is a masterpiece.  ;D One of my faves.  (3 years ago, my boyfriend went dressed as Prince from that album cover. It did NOT sit well with his neighbors)

Written By: Howard on 08/12/11 at 7:37 pm

Well Michael and Prince had comepletely different onstage personas. Both danced, but of course Michael is a far more gifted dancer than Prince, especially with Prince in those 4 inch heels. Michael tried to be sexy with the crotch grab and body rolling and i've got some footage of Prince so vulgar.... ::) woo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlD4ifmq3s

Prince June 7, 1986. (I was 29 days old then!) performing Kiss. I have this show in DVD, he did his song Head earlier in the set, it was pretty ripe, trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RhkQSjj_k&feature=related

Same song, 18 years later, on the Ellen show, 2004.

Kiss=Billie Jean, Purple Rain= Man in the Mirror.

Wow,Prince never changes,I guess that's what makes him so popular and women love that.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/11 at 7:39 pm

and also he had another song "Jerk U Off"or "Get U Off" or something like that. ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/12/11 at 9:58 pm

and also he had another song "Jerk U Off"or "Get U Off" or something like that. ???

Not sure which song you mean.

Jack U Off--on Controversy Album (Strange thing is, I heard Michael Jackson liked and was intruiged by this song. He's ask people what it meant ot see how flustered they'd get)

Gett Off--On Diamonds and Pearls Album. (d&p is the ISH! Thunder is my JAM!)

Written By: Howard on 08/13/11 at 6:43 am

Not sure which song you mean.

Jack U Off--on Controversy Album (Strange thing is, I heard Michael Jackson liked and was intruiged by this song. He's ask people what it meant ot see how flustered they'd get)

Gett Off--On Diamonds and Pearls Album. (d&p is the ISH! Thunder is my JAM!)

Prince always liked songs about masturbation.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/14/11 at 1:01 pm

Does anyone have any suggestiosn about the next topic I should post to my blog?  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/14/11 at 1:39 pm

Does anyone have any suggestiosn about the next topic I should post to my blog?  :)

How about discussing about what music you grew up with? ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/14/11 at 1:51 pm

Hey Howard.

I'll make that my next post. I just posted one about my MJ doll collection.  ;D Thanks for the idea!

Written By: Howard on 08/14/11 at 2:18 pm

Hey Howard.

I'll make that my next post. I just posted one about my MJ doll collection.  ;D Thanks for the idea!

Damn I wish I had saved my doll. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/11 at 2:18 pm

Does anyone have any suggestiosn about the next topic I should post to my blog?  :)
It is your blog, you are in command.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/24/11 at 2:10 pm

I posted the music blog and am now contemplating a make up how-to blog. Any suggestions. LOL.

Check for new replies or respond here...