inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why they 2010's suck!

Written By: kairosan on 08/13/11 at 6:28 pm

!. The ecomony sucks
!. Pessimisim
! eletro pop
! The collaps of the dollar
!. everyone is unemployed

If it wasn't for my IIU business online , I would be unemployed too. What d oyou hate about the 2010's?

Subject: Re: Why they 2010's suck!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/11 at 6:31 pm

!. The ecomony sucks
!. Pessimisim
! eletro pop

If it wasn't for my IIU business online , I would be unemployed too. What d oyou hate about the 2010's?

Yep, this decade sucks donkeys.

What's IIU business online? ???

Written By: Tia on 08/13/11 at 7:11 pm

!. The ecomony sucks
!. Pessimisim
! eletro pop

mostly also why the 00s sucked. hey, at least there's fewer horrific national disasters and apocalyptic terrorist attacks on US soil.

oo. i probably shouldn't have said that out loud, should i?

Written By: Emman on 08/13/11 at 10:00 pm

Why the '00s sucked

crunk/bling rap
emo
Bush
hipsters/posers
reality tv
baggy pants
grillz
"Nickelback"
Soulja Boy
Paris Hilton
clean but bland, moderate fashion

VS.

Why the '10s suck(so far)

electropop
Lady Gaga
Ke$ha
Beaver fever  ;D
economic decline
skinny pants
Jersey Shore/guidos and guidettes
social media everywhere
global riots
Tea Party
tacky, loud fashion

WHO WILL WIN THE EPIC SUCKAGE?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/11 at 11:49 pm

Why the '00s sucked

crunk/bling rap
emo
Bush
hipsters/posers
reality tv
baggy pants
grillz
"Nickelback"
Soulja Boy
Paris Hilton

VS.

electropop
Lady Gaga
Ke$ha
Beaver fever  ;D
economic decline
skinny pants
social media everywhere
global riots
Tea Party
tacky, loud fashion

I prefer the 10s over the 00s any day!

Written By: Brian06 on 08/14/11 at 12:57 am

Electropop is definitely better than Soulja Boy/snap music/emo of the late '00s that stuff sucked big time but the early '00s up till 2005 was good and gets hated on too much. Post grunge wasn't bad circa 2003, I liked Nickelback, Matchbook Twenty, Staind back then. Nickelback lost it around 2006 and I didn't like them much after that. Green Day had their big comeback in 2004-2005. Linkin Park was making great music then, the new wave revival stuff like the Killers or the Bravery was good in 2004-2005. R&B you had Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Usher, Ciara, Tweet (remember her lol), Musiq, Mariah's "comeback" in 2005, Ashanti  (yeah I like her lol). Pop rock Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne (first 2 albums), Kelly Clarkson are all good. Rap: Eminem (up to and including "The Eminem Show" then he tanked), Ludacris (hit or miss but he had a few good songs), Kanye West, 50 Cent (first album wasn't bad), Fabolous, even some Nelly was alright lol, Jay-Z, Twista (Overnight Celebrity, Slow Jamz), Eve, Missy Elliott. Finally, Gwen Stefani's great 2004 album "Love Angel Music Baby".

The good thing is that electropop helped kill that terrible ringtone rap and possibly has helped improve rap, considering rap now definitely seems better than in 2007. Also electropop songs actually have good beats, unlike D4L, Soulja Boy, Yung Joc, Mims, Hurricane Chris, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/11 at 1:04 am

!. The ecomony sucks
!. Pessimisim
! eletro pop

Everyone is not unemployed, for in the UK the unemployment rate stands at 7.7%.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/14/11 at 1:51 am

Electropop is definitely better than Soulja Boy/snap music/emo of the late '00s that stuff sucked big time but the early '00s up till 2005 was good and gets hated on too much. Post grunge wasn't bad circa 2003, I liked Nickelback, Matchbook Twenty, Staind back then. Nickelback lost it around 2006 and I didn't like them much after that. Green Day had their big comeback in 2004-2005. Linkin Park was making great music then, the new wave revival stuff like the Killers or the Bravery was good in 2004-2005. R&B you had Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Usher, Ciara, Tweet (remember her lol), Musiq, Mariah's "comeback" in 2005, Ashanti  (yeah I like her lol). Pop rock Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne (first 2 albums), Kelly Clarkson are all good. Rap: Eminem (up to and including "The Eminem Show" then he tanked), Ludacris (hit or miss but he had a few good songs), Kanye West, 50 Cent (first album wasn't bad), Fabolous, even some Nelly was alright lol, Jay-Z, Twista (Overnight Celebrity, Slow Jamz), Eve, Missy Elliott. Finally, Gwen Stefani's great 2004 album "Love Angel Music Baby".

The good thing is that electropop helped kill that terrible ringtone rap and possibly has helped improve rap, considering rap now definitely seems better than in 2007. Also electropop songs actually have good beats, unlike D4L, Soulja Boy, Yung Joc, Mims, Hurricane Chris, etc.

I agree with 99% of what you said. The 1% I don't agree on is Ashanti. Her music wasn't my taste! LOL.

Written By: Brian06 on 08/14/11 at 2:02 am

I agree with 99% of what you said. The 1% I don't agree on is Ashanti. Her music wasn't my taste! LOL.

Yeah that's why I kinda joked about it "yeah I liked her lol" LMAO, I know a lot of people HATE her...especially now. But my computer was loaded with Ashanti when I was 15-16  :D, I can't help the nostalgia.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/14/11 at 2:12 am

Yeah that's why I kinda joked about it "yeah I liked her lol" LMAO, I know a lot of people HATE her...especially now. But my computer was loaded with Ashanti when I was 15-16  :D, I can't help the nostalgia.  ;D

Also, she was easy on the eyes!  ;)

I never hated her, I just hated her music! ;D

Written By: kairosan on 08/14/11 at 5:17 am

Yep, this decade sucks donkeys.

What's IIU business online? ???  The link to it is on my
signature, to find out more...(i am an affilaite marketer) idk ppl in this era are 4epression, don't you agree

Written By: kairosan on 08/14/11 at 5:23 am

Why the '00s sucked

crunk/bling rap
emo
Bush
hipsters/posers
reality tv
baggy pants
grillz
"Nickelback"
Soulja Boy
Paris Hilton

VS.

electropop
Lady Gaga
Ke$ha
Beaver fever  ;D
economic decline
skinny pants
social media everywhere
global riots
Tea Party
tacky, loud fashion

Don't forget home grown terrorist, internet 2, carbon credits/taxes, tsa every where.....all of these things will come later,but you'll understand it soon in a few years!

Written By: Howard on 08/14/11 at 6:40 am

Why the '00s sucked

crunk/bling rap
emo
Bush
hipsters/posers
reality tv
baggy pants
grillz
"Nickelback"
Soulja Boy
Paris Hilton

VS.

electropop
Lady Gaga
Ke$ha
Beaver fever  ;D
economic decline
skinny pants
social media everywhere
global riots
Tea Party
tacky, loud fashion

That pretty much sums it up Enman.

Written By: kairosan on 08/14/11 at 7:05 am

Alex jones...although hes informative!

Written By: Creeder on 08/14/11 at 9:30 am

Essentially bad things in the 2010s:
- Bad economic & big unemployment
- Obama
- Pro-GLBT culture
- Electropop
- Decline of rock music
- Death of music video
- Club music
- Troubles in arab nations
- Bad fashion
- Facebook's dominance

Written By: Mat1991 on 08/14/11 at 12:49 pm

- Pro-GLBT culture

Why is this a bad thing?

Written By: Howard on 08/14/11 at 1:41 pm

- Bad economic & big unemployment
- Obama
- Pro-GLBT culture
- Electropop
- Decline of rock music
- Death of music video
- Club music
- Troubles in arab nations
- Bad fashion
- Facebook's dominance

I agree with you on some of them.

Written By: Creeder on 08/14/11 at 3:39 pm

Why is this a bad thing?

Nothing against those people, but their constant showing off got really annoying.

Written By: Starde on 08/14/11 at 4:51 pm

Yep, I miss the early-mid 00's (2000-2003/2004). Hell, I'm even starting to miss 2005 a little bit. Music has changed a lot in the 6 years since then!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/14/11 at 5:09 pm

Nothing against those people, but their constant showing off got really annoying.

I can see why you'd be kind of annoyed Creeder, but when a minority group (race, sexuality, sex, physically disabled, etc.) is discriminated against they fight back and you'd fight back too if people weren't treating you very nice or didn't like you because of your skin color, sex, physical disability or sexuality. I'm not judging you, I'm just trying to bring up another side of the story.

I bet some white people in the 50s and 60s got sick of the the protests against racism by blacks. When a minority group doesn't have a voice, it can seem like that's the only voice you hear, but that's because in order for that minority group to get attention, they have to be aggressive! Thus, that's why the minority group can seem 'in your face', but the truth is if that group were to be passive or weak, no one would listen. And when no one listens, no one cares, and when no one cares? Nothing is changed for the better for that minority group.

Written By: Mat1991 on 08/14/11 at 5:43 pm

What do you mean by "showing off?" Does their greater visibility bother you? To be fair, they're probably pretty sick of our heteronormative society.

Written By: 00s_teen on 08/15/11 at 12:06 pm

I prefer the 00s over the 10s any day, the early-mid 00s that is.
When life was simpler, no Facebook, no Twitter.
No lady Gaga, no Ke$ha And annoying Anne Hathaway, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus were not stars.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/17/11 at 10:34 am

I have some reasons for why the 2010's suck:

1. I'm older. I'm in my 30's now, will be in my 40's by the end of the decade. My 30's suck.
2. Being older, I now can't relate to the music that the young people are in to. There's a South Park episode about this (Season 15, Episode 7)
3. Facebook. That website has caused so many problems in my life, yet I can't seem to pull away from it. It's basically like crack, meth, or heroine.
4. At least with women's fashion, they are looking a lot sexier now than the boho chic fashion of the mid-2000's. However, now that I'm older I can't get any of the youger girls (early 20's) that dress in these sexy styles >:(.

Written By: Milkof1996 on 08/17/11 at 11:12 am

Am I the only one who likes both the 00s (Early to mid) and the 10s? Although, I would agree that they both kinda sucked politically and pop culturally, my personal life is great. But then again, I'm still a teenager.

Written By: Creeder on 08/17/11 at 1:51 pm

Being older, I now can't relate to the music that the young people are in to. There's a South Park episode about this (Season 15, Episode 7)

But the new music really sounds terrible... autotuned electropop, dubstep and indie all sound like ****.
And I'm not old, but this is the truth.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/11 at 7:56 pm

But the new music really sounds terrible... autotuned electropop, dubstep and indie all sound like ****.
And I'm not old, but this is the truth.

I'm older,at 37 I hear today's music and it doesn't sound as good as it did in the 1980's.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/11 at 9:36 pm

Am I the only one who likes both the 00s (Early to mid) and the 10s? Although, I would agree that they both kinda sucked politically and pop culturally, my personal life is great. But then again, I'm still a teenager.

No you're not. There's a lot of people out there who did and do like the 00s and early 10s!

My personal life in the 00s was sh*tty though, so that really contributed to my dislike of the 00s.

Written By: 00s_teen on 08/18/11 at 3:55 am

I have some reasons for why the 2010's suck:

1. I'm older. I'm in my 30's now, will be in my 40's by the end of the decade. My 30's suck.
2. Being older, I now can't relate to the music that the young people are in to. There's a South Park episode about this (Season 15, Episode 7)
3. Facebook. That website has caused so many problems in my life, yet I can't seem to pull away from it. It's basically like crack, meth, or heroine.
4. At least with women's fashion, they are looking a lot sexier now than the boho chic fashion of the mid-2000's. However, now that I'm older I can't get any of the youger girls (early 20's) that dress in these sexy styles >:(.

Well, I was born in 1988 and these were supposed to be the best years of my life.
However, I'll never remember my late teens like 18-19 and early 20s fondly. The best years of my life are already behind me -- when I was 13-17 were the best years of my life and that happens to be in the early-mid 2000s, so I surely miss them but I'll never miss the late 00s and the early 10s.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/11 at 6:56 am

I'm 37,gonna be 40 in just a couple of years,I don't think my 30's sucked.

Written By: robodog on 08/18/11 at 4:09 pm

Actually the 2000's and 2010's contained some of the best years of my life. This year especially has been a blast. Some of my favorite things of all time came out in these years.

Written By: Starde on 08/20/11 at 12:53 pm

I miss the early 00's and some of the mid 00's (2000-2004/2005).

Check for new replies or respond here...