inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glee concert film flops at US box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/11 at 3:28 pm

A 3D film featuring the cast of TV's Glee has failed to make the US box office Top 10 after taking $5.7m (£3.5m) over the weekend.

Glee: The 3D Concert Movie was ranked 11th in the weekly chart after opening in more than 2,000 screens.

According to tracking site Box Office Mojo, only an estimated 500,000 tickets were sold for the movie.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes, last week's top film, retained pole position with takings of $27.5m (£16.9m).

Feel-good movie The Help and horror sequel Final Destination 5 rounded off this week's top three.

The former, in which Emma Stone plays a young woman investigating the lives of black housekeepers in 1960s Mississippi, took $25.5m (£15.6m) in its first weekend in cinemas.

The latter, in which Death hunts down the survivors of a bridge collapse, earned $18.4m (£11.2m) between Friday and Sunday.

Part-animated fantasy The Smurfs took fourth place, with Jesse Eisenberg comedy 30 Minutes or Less a new entry at five.

The film, in which a pizza delivery man with a bomb strapped to his chest is forced to rob a bank, took $13m (£7.9m) in its opening weekend.

Subject: Re: Glee concert film flops at US box office

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/11 at 6:48 pm

"Glee" has turned the corner where people are getting sick of the hype.  If I see Jane Lynch do her one-trick-pony schtick one more time I'm gonna puke.  8-P  I'm guessing that's why at the last minute she was cut from the film, the producers figuring it would sell better without her.

I think I'll go out and see the "Apes" movie, the trailers look kinda cool.  8)

"30 Minutes or Less"?  I'll pass.  A buddy of mine saw the REAL pizza bomb dude go kaboom and he tells me it was not funny.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/15/11 at 11:34 pm

Is it bad I wanted to go see the Glee movie?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/16/11 at 7:27 pm

Is it bad I wanted to go see the Glee movie?

Only if you were disappointed that Jane Lynch was cut...  :P

Written By: gibbo on 08/17/11 at 7:11 am

Sorry ... but I'm not a fan of glee. They take great songs and kill them with their plastic singing and dancing. I applaud The Foo Fighters for not allowing them to use the bands material.

Can't stand it.... 8-P  Glad the film failed because it means that they will take it out of theatres quicker!!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/11 at 9:37 am

I bet the movie was just like the show and people were like "Why watch the movie, it's probably just like watching two one hour episodes of Glee?".

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/11 at 12:55 pm

"Glee" has turned the corner where people are getting sick of the hype.  If I see Jane Lynch do her one-trick-pony schtick one more time I'm gonna puke.  8-P  I'm guessing that's why at the last minute she was cut from the film, the producers figuring it would sell better without her.

I think I'll go out and see the "Apes" movie, the trailers look kinda cool.  8)

"30 Minutes or Less"?  I'll pass.  A buddy of mine saw the REAL pizza bomb dude go kaboom and he tells me it was not funny.
"Apes" and "Super 8" are on my it list.

Check for new replies or respond here...