inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you ready for Internet 2?

Written By: kairosan on 08/16/11 at 1:39 am

It's offical, internet 2 has been in the works for a few years now. It's going to probably be big by the end of the decade. But there are a few things you may not like about internet 2's interface:

1.One centralized login and password
You will no longer have to use multiple logins or passwords just to enter an excluse area on any website anymore. Nor those stupid activation e-mail just to "confirm". However, say anything about 9\11 truth, the president in a negitive way, or about terrorism, and you will never be allowed to use the internet again, or be indefinatly suspended
By the government!

2.You will have to pay-per-view like subrciption to visit your favorite sites

Want to visit Mcdonalds.com on the high speed internet 2? That will be a subsrciption of $20 a month to access newsletters, and to ultalize the site..or using facebook will cost you a subsctiption of $12.99 a month! But with that,you're get to send your friends 10 green mails, and visit their page 10 times....go beyond that and there will be an overage charge striaght to your internet 2 bill

3. No alternative websites

Only mega corporations will be able to have websites. You and me have our,own blog or website....won't exist...and there will only be a few hundred websites for you to view...have a news blog? Sorry, only skynews, or CNN can have blogs,you'll only allowed to blog.......on your facebook profile

4. Everything will be saved on the cloud

Gone are the days you save anything on your harddrive, by the end of the decade,tablets won't have hardrives,so the government can see what you like to save...

5. E-mail will cost money

6. Bio scann login

This is real,so wake up guys!

Subject: Re: Are you ready for Internet 2?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/16/11 at 5:56 am

This sounds cool.  :)

When do we get to sign up?  ???

Written By: Howard on 08/16/11 at 6:45 am

5. E-mail will cost money

that shouldn't have to cost anything,I'd like to get my email for free. ::)

Written By: 1PlayerD on 08/16/11 at 8:34 am

Doesn't sound like it will be so big, specifically for most of those facts. :S
If they improve on what they have there (Especially the subscriptions BS) It may end up getting bigger.

Written By: kairosan on 08/16/11 at 8:54 am

that shouldn't have to cost anything,I'd like to get my email for free. ::)
Kind of like recieving and sending text messaging

oh here is the website for it. Mostly universities and government are involved with the interface now and is at it's early stages..but trust me, it will be sold to us as " a faster" moire modren way" to get information. This shouldbe phased in at least by the end of the decade if not that early 2020. http://www.internet2.org/

Written By: Tia on 08/16/11 at 10:21 am

could be a bit paranoid, could be quite real, i dunno. i think the internet has backfired on the establishment big time, and folks are turning to it for news rather than going to newspapers and cable TV -- which, i don't know if everyone's noticed, presents a very narrow range of opinion. did you know that there was a budget plan presented by the progressive caucus that allegedly cut the deficit by more than the ryan plan, the gang of six or the plan that was eventually agreed on? do you know why you don't know about it? because as far as i know it was NEVER mentioned on cable news. but if you get your news from the internet you quite likely do know about it.

i've been hearing buzz about quashing dissent on the internet for a long time now. you think the US government wants an american version of the arab spring? hells 2 the no. they're gonna come up with one way after another to try and reel in freedom of speech on the 'net, and when they do it'll always be under the guise that they've built a better mousetrap and the politics has nothing to do with it. is it a better mousetrap? maybe, but only if you realize you're the mouse.

Written By: Tia on 08/16/11 at 10:22 am

incidentally, this is already Web 2.0, that was things like streaming video and social media. this is actually going to be internet 3.

Written By: kairosan on 08/16/11 at 11:42 am

could be a bit paranoid, could be quite real, i dunno. i think the internet has backfired on the establishment big time, and folks are turning to it for news rather than going to newspapers and cable TV -- which, i don't know if everyone's noticed, presents a very narrow range of opinion. did you know that there was a budget plan presented by the progressive caucus that allegedly cut the deficit by more than the ryan plan, the gang of six or the plan that was eventually agreed on? do you know why you don't know about it? because as far as i know it was NEVER mentioned on cable news. but if you get your news from the internet you quite likely do know about it.

i've been hearing buzz about quashing dissent on the internet for a long time now. you think the US government wants an american version of the arab spring? hells 2 the no. they're gonna come up with one way after another to try and reel in freedom of speech on the 'net, and when they do it'll always be under the guise that they've built a better mousetrap and the politics has nothing to do with it. is it a better mousetrap? maybe, but only if you realize you're the mouse.

couldn't said it better.found out on infowars 3 years ago.

Written By: Tia on 08/16/11 at 11:59 am

couldn't said it better.found out on infowars 3 years ago.
i love you but i'm not big on infowars. and i've heard a lot of alex jones. i think there's a way to make this argument without winding up in the land of FEMA camps and GWEN towers and chemtrails. reforming the internet to suppress dissent is a lot more like cointelpro, if you ask me, and that's not conjectural at all, that's verified history. infowars starts with verified history but then goes far too far into speculation.

don't get me wrong, i'd probably make common cause with the infowars guys before i made common cause with your typical hardcore southern establishment conservative at this point, but y'all would have a lot of work to do before you won me over. it's a lot like the ron paul camp. i literally think i like 3/4 of the stuff ron paul says, but the other 1/4 is a dealbreaker. 

Written By: Creeder on 08/16/11 at 2:09 pm

Hell no!
The internet as it is now is best and it will always live in one form or another.
In the future internet freedom will be just as important as freedom of speech and such.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/11 at 2:16 pm

Isn't one Internet enough?

Written By: Milkof1996 on 08/16/11 at 4:12 pm

Paying for websites and E-mail? Oh hell no!

By the way, I accidentally voted for yes, when I meant to say no. Is it possible to delete my vote??

Written By: Howard on 08/16/11 at 7:14 pm

Kind of like recieving and sending text messaging

oh here is the website for it. Mostly universities and government are involved with the interface now and is at it's early stages..but trust me, it will be sold to us as " a faster" moire modren way" to get information. This shouldbe phased in at least by the end of the decade if not that early 2020. http://www.internet2.org/

By 2020,stuff might be done using a tablet.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/11 at 7:16 pm

Hell no!
The internet as it is now is best and it will always live in one form or another.
In the future internet freedom will be just as important as freedom of speech and such.

one word: FREE! 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/11 at 8:23 pm

It would be stupid for the U.S. government to waste its time watching and suppressing an already sheepish population.  BUT I wouldn't put it past the U.S. government to do something stupid.
::)

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/11 at 8:57 pm

The internet we have now already does what I want.  What more does one possibly need?

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/16/11 at 9:15 pm

At the risk of feeding the troll, I'm compelled to point out that Internet2 is none of the things it's claimed to be amongst the make-money-fast/tinfoil-hat brigade.

Internet2 is merely a high-bandwidth network infrastructure for academia, and it's been around for more than 10 years in one form or another.  It was never intended to replace "the" internet.  Its only practical application is high-speed data interchange for academic supercomputing and/or astronomy projects.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/11 at 10:34 pm

At the risk of feeding the troll, I'm compelled to point out that Internet2 is none of the things it's claimed to be amongst the make-money-fast/tinfoil-hat brigade.

Internet2 is merely a high-bandwidth network infrastructure for academia, and it's been around for more than 10 years in one form or another.  It was never intended to replace "the" internet.  Its only practical application is high-speed data interchange for academic supercomputing and/or astronomy projects.

...AND enslaving the masses!  Sure, it's all benign.  Never mind what those important men behind the ivy walls are doing, just be assured it's for your own good!

Mandrake, did you ever see a commie drink a glass of water?

http://www.comixconnection.com/uploaded_images/Bat_Guano-757290.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/11 at 1:35 am

Paying for the access of website on the Internet will be the death of this medium.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/11 at 6:52 am

The internet we have now already does what I want.  What more does one possibly need?

It has what I need and that is downloading free videos.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/11 at 6:52 am

Paying for the access of website on the Internet will be the death of this medium.

How much will they charge? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/11 at 12:56 pm

How much will they charge? ???
I do not wish to know.

Written By: Creeder on 08/17/11 at 3:48 pm

This has to be just another conspiracy theory. It sounds insane.
Internet was made to be free!

Written By: Howard on 08/17/11 at 7:52 pm

This has to be just another conspiracy theory. It sounds insane.
Internet was made to be free!

It should always be free except for some music sites.

Check for new replies or respond here...