inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rare Beatles single to be auction this weekend

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/11 at 6:24 am

A copy of the Beatles single Please Please Me, is expected to fetch thousands of pounds when it's sold this weekend.

The seven-inch - which is signed on both sides - is described as "very, very rare" and has an estimated value of £7,000-£8,000.

The annual Beatles memorabilia auction in Liverpool also includes items which once belonged to John, Paul, George and Ringo.

A toilet from one of John's homes in the late 60s is to be sold and could reach the £1000 mark.

Other lots in the annual Beatles Convention sale include photographs of the Fab Four at the Sunderland Empire.

A cap belonging to John Lennon is expected to fetch up to £4,000

Subject: Re: Rare Beatles single to be auction this weekend

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/11 at 2:04 pm

The copy of the Beatles hit single Please Please Me signed on both sides by all four members of the band has fetched £9,000 at auction in Liverpool.

Subject: Re: Rare Beatles single to be auction this weekend

Written By: Paul on 08/30/11 at 1:26 pm

Impressive, but I dread to think how much one of these unsigned original US copies (with spelling mistake) will set you back these days...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Beattles.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...