inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Doris Day makes UK chart history

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/11/11 at 2:11 pm

Doris Day has become the oldest artist to score a UK Top 10 with an album featuring new material, according to the Official Charts Company.

At the tender age of 87, Day's new record My Heart has gone in at number nine, 62 years after her debut album was released in the US.

Playing In The Shadows, the third album by British pop artist Example has entered the chart at number one.

Mercury-winner PJ Harvey's Let England Shake is this week's number 24.

The critically-acclaimed record has leapt 151 places from last week.

In the singles chart, Pixie Lott has secured her third number one with All About Tonight.

Former X Factor-winner Leona Lewis and Swedish DJ Avicii's collaboration Collide has charted at number four.

The track found the pair at the centre of a copyright dispute after the producer claimed the singer had used a piano sample without his permission.

In a career spanning almost 50 years, Day - Hollywood's "girl-next-door" - appeared in 39 films and recorded 28 other albums.

Her latest My Heart is a selection of recordings produced by her son, Terry Melcher, prior to his death in 2004.

British singer Vera Lynn reached the top of the chart in August 2009 at the age of 92 but that was with a greatest hits album, We'll Meet Again - The Very Best Of Vera Lynn.

Subject: Re: Doris Day makes UK chart history

Written By: King Tut on 09/11/11 at 2:17 pm

Doris Day has become the oldest artist to score a UK Top 10 with an album featuring new material, according to the Official Charts Company.

At the tender age of 87, Day's new record My Heart has gone in at number nine, 62 years after her debut album was released in the US.

Playing In The Shadows, the third album by British pop artist Example has entered the chart at number one.

Mercury-winner PJ Harvey's Let England Shake is this week's number 24.

The critically-acclaimed record has leapt 151 places from last week.

In the singles chart, Pixie Lott has secured her third number one with All About Tonight.

Former X Factor-winner Leona Lewis and Swedish DJ Avicii's collaboration Collide has charted at number four.

The track found the pair at the centre of a copyright dispute after the producer claimed the singer had used a piano sample without his permission.

In a career spanning almost 50 years, Day - Hollywood's "girl-next-door" - appeared in 39 films and recorded 28 other albums.

Her latest My Heart is a selection of recordings produced by her son, Terry Melcher, prior to his death in 2004.

British singer Vera Lynn reached the top of the chart in August 2009 at the age of 92 but that was with a greatest hits album, We'll Meet Again - The Very Best Of Vera Lynn.

I'm waiting for the 2011-12 "Doris Day" tour, 60 cities in 61 days. Let's get Lady Gaga to open up for her, they can hang around together, exchange clothings, make-up secrets.
Patiently waiting for that "Doris Day & Adele" kiss at the 2012 Grammy's.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/11/11 at 7:57 pm

Can it be long before Doris Day and Eminem do a remake of "Que Sera Sera" ? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/11 at 1:21 am

Ah, good old Doris.  What a gal, I tells ya, what a gal!
:)

I nice relief from the gumbo of jingo and sophomoric sentimentality the mass media's been dishing up the last couple of days!

Did you know...

Terry Melcher passed on Charles Manson's demos.  Manson had been in Melcher's house at 10050 Cielo Drive.  When Manson sent his goons up there to kill everybody at 10050 Cielo Drive, he knew Melcher was no longer there.  He associated the property more than the person with his hurt feelings of rejection.  Good luck for Melcher.  Bad luck for Sharon Tate and her friends.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/11 at 1:38 am

Should George Michael alter his lyric?

"The UK chart shines brighter with Doris Day"

Written By: Howard on 09/12/11 at 6:43 am

Can it be long before Doris Day and Eminem do a remake of "Que Sera Sera" ? ???

I wouldn't want to see that.

Check for new replies or respond here...