inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Survivor: South Pacific

Written By: Dagwood on 09/14/11 at 8:27 pm

Woohoo!  Starts tonight!

I am meh on Coach and Ozzie coming back.  I am worried that it will be like Heroes V Villians and Coach will make me feel sorry for him and root for him.

Two Utahn's on this season.  The College Professor, Dawn, and Rick a rancher.  So far I love Rick.

Also, we have Russell  "the troll" Hantz's nephew.  He is not wanting to tell anyone who is uncle is.  Any bets on how long that lasts? ;D

I will be back at the end of tonights show to give more opinions.

Subject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific

Written By: Dagwood on 09/14/11 at 9:29 pm

Well, buh-bye Semhara.  At least to Redemption Island.  I kinda hope she doesn't win the duel...her hair isn't going to be good if she stays much longer.  Plus, her whining about the tribe lying to her about voting her out?  Get over it, sweetie.  It is Survivor...they lie.  Deal.

I hope Cochrane will improve.  I think I like him.

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:01 pm

Not reading yet! Just came to say.......

OZZY!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:03 pm

Intrigued by the prospect of Russell!s nephew trying to redeem the family name.

Annoyed with Coach's return.

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:07 pm

The cowboy dude looks like a charicature.

Oooh. The guy in the blue sweater might be hot. Gotta get a closer look at him and I need to hear him talk. I like my guys good luck but smart is a necessity as well. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:22 pm

The chick who climbed on top of the shelter is a lingere football player.....um.....is that a real thing???

The dude in the sweater is mow wearing a blue shirt. I think he said he coaches softball/baseball or something.

He can coach me anytime  :D

Omg they are totally playing little Russell to be a perverted predator. At first I thought it was gonna be he didn't like her cuz she'd lead him to temptation but when they zoomed in on him watching her from under cover of the shelter behind the bamboo log/limb I totally got a rapist vibe from him.  He's way creepier than his uncle. :o

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:39 pm

That dude on Ozzy's team who looks like a young Clark Kent/superman is hot too!

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/11 at 11:47 pm

Keith is superman

Albert is the anti coach/coach.  :D

I can't believe there was just a one coconut difference between the teams.

Written By: snozberries on 09/15/11 at 12:17 am

Woohoo!  Starts tonight!

I am meh on Coach and Ozzie coming back.  I am worried that it will be like Heroes V Villians and Coach will make me feel sorry for him and root for him.

Two Utahn's on this season.  The College Professor, Dawn, and Rick a rancher.  So far I love Rick.

Also, we have Russell  "the troll" Hantz's nephew.  He is not wanting to tell anyone who is uncle is.  Any bets on how long that lasts? ;D

I will be back at the end of tonights show to give more opinions.

If you start feeling sorry for and rooting for coach I'm'a call the Utah board of mental health and have you committed!  :D

I wanted to like Dawn but I don't tolerate spastic too well. I'm not sure how I feel about Rick his 'stache might need it's own zip code.

Ya know I love the Oz-man so um yeah, he's got my vote for as long as he lasts.

I was rooting for Semhar until she started whining. Did you see her nearly full blown tantrum (well hysterical crying) at the tag as she was being shown during her first few moments at redemption isle?  ::)

Cochran might be cool. He's so dorky it's cute.

Nope the rapist will be outed in like 2 eps. Lol. I anticipate one of those violent challenges where people shirts get torn and shyt! With Cochran going "hanz?" are you related to Russell?  ;D

So I'm rooting for monkey boy (Oz)
The other coach
or superman
I kinda like Edna but I'm not sure why. I think she reminds me of someone. Anyway that's it till next.

FYI - amazing race 9/25.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/15/11 at 7:12 am

If you start feeling sorry for and rooting for coach I'm'a call the Utah board of mental health and have you committed!  :D

Please do. ;D

I wanted to like Dawn but I don't tolerate spastic too well. I'm not sure how I feel about Rick his 'stache might need it's own zip code.

They are both locals so I was hoping neither was an idiot.  Rick won me over when he was talking about how much of an idiot you would be to go on the show and not try to get in shape or learn how to build a fire.  A big duh but too many people don't try to figure it out.  I still like him.  Jury is out on Dawn.  We'll have to see if she has another freakout or not.

I was rooting for Semhar until she started whining. Did you see her nearly full blown tantrum (well hysterical crying) at the tag as she was being shown during her first few moments at redemption isle?  ::)

I know.  How dare they lie to her and vote her out?  Um, sweetie, it's Survivor...they lie to you.  Expect it.

Cochran might be cool. He's so dorky it's cute.

I was worried he would be one of those walking around like king of the hill because he is so well versed on Survivor.  I like that he is willing to try to improve because he sees his shortcomings.  I may like him.

So I'm rooting for monkey boy (Oz)

I kinda like Edna but I'm not sure why. I think she reminds me of someone. Anyway that's it till next.

FYI - amazing race 9/25.

At the reality tv board I visit, Ozzy is also known as a dolphin. 

I think the Edna thing is she actually was nice and didn't just turn her back on Coach and stomp off.  She talked to him and tried to be human.  It looks like she is going to play a good social game which will get you further than just being a jerk.

And, can't wait for Amazing Race!  I am in tv heaven again!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/15/11 at 3:51 pm

The chick who climbed on top of the shelter is a lingere football player.....um.....is that a real thing???

Yes it is, since 2003. 7 on 7 tackle football for women wearing lingerie. CSI did an episode that featured lingerie football.

Sometimes it sucks being on th East Coast because I can't discuss what happens when it happens, it would be a spoiler.
I have to wait until the next day and by then I usually forget what I wanted to say. Anyway....

I think they voted off the wrong person. Yeah, Semhar was a whiner but not a threat. I think the guy who Jeff said was miming
was the one who should have got the vote. He shown his hand there, a selfish egotist. Ozzy has to watch out because he'll pull
the same stunt the other tribe did to Russell. He is already jabbering in some ears about Ozzy's agenda with the ladies, we'll see.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to pick up on the stalker side of of Russell's nephew.  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 09/15/11 at 4:13 pm

Lingerie Football:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu103/loki_13_2009/lingerie-football.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/15/11 at 6:42 pm

Yes it is, since 2003. 7 on 7 tackle football for women wearing lingerie. CSI did an episode that featured lingerie football.

Sometimes it sucks being on th East Coast because I can't discuss what happens when it happens because then it would be a spoiler.
I have to wait until the next day and by then I usually forget what I wanted to say. Anyway....

I think they voted off the wrong person. Yeah, Semhar was a whiner but not a threat. I think the guy who Jeff said was miming
was the one who should have got the vote. He shown his hand there, a selfish egotist. Ozzy has to watch out because he'll pull
the same stunt the other tribe did to Russell. He is already jabbering in some ears about Ozzy's agenda with the ladies, we'll see.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to pick up on the stalker side of of Russell's nephew.  ;D

Loki you can discuss. Just don't post the results. Or warn us before you post the results. Maybe write them in 3pt font  ;D

I agree that Seth Macfarkand dude should go but of course no one will clue into his evil ways until it's too late. 

I'm not too worrie about Oz and redemption isle I suspect he'll dominate there (hopefully long enough to stay in the game) but I hope he neve has to.  ;)

Thanks for the info on lingere football tho I'm still skeptical about it's "purpose" lol

Written By: snozberries on 09/15/11 at 6:43 pm

Lingerie Football:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu103/loki_13_2009/lingerie-football.jpg

Um. That's not the ball she's reaching for  ;D

Ref looks more interested in looking (. But looking like he's not looking) than calling plays. 

Yep I'm totally judging!  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 09/15/11 at 8:30 pm

Loki you can discuss. Just don't post the results. Or warn us before you post the results. Maybe write them in 3pt font  ;D

I just wouldn't feel right, I'll either write down my thoughts or just wait and watch it On Demand.

I just might have to root for Mikayla, the one Russell's nephew was ogling, for three reasons:
She plays lingerie football, she was on the cover of Playboy but the biggest reason is she is
a Jersey Girl.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 1:04 am

I just wouldn't feel right, I'll either write down my thoughts or just wait and watch it On Demand.

I just might have to root for Mikayla, the one Russell's nephew was ogling, for three reasons:
She plays lingerie football, she was on the cover of Playboy but the biggest reason is she is
a Jersey Girl.  ;D

;D

When the TiT (that's Troll-in-Training) traps her by the tree mail mail tree I hope she kicks him in the gnads.

However you wanna do it.  I knew dag was gonna reveal it so I figured out how to avoid her posts.  ;D

You just maybe don't want it to be the first line of the first post on a new page. That's the only way we can't really avoid it.

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/11 at 3:27 am

Now maybe you see why I call Oz "monkey boy" did u see him scaling the tree tops lol.  ;D

Omg I was laughing so hard at the little troll tonight!
Why is it Mikayla's fault tgat he's attracted to her? Hell, I don't even think she's on his radar!
I hope they stick around for away cuz he amuses me! But I want her to outlast him.

I can't wait for the reunion special.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/11 at 7:03 am

Trollboy jr is a little out there, isn't he?  I was surprised he told Coach.  That just put a target on his back if there is ever any reason for Coach not to trust him.

I was glad to see Christina go.  Her and Stacy were a little off in freaking out on Coach calling him a liar.  He didn't lie.  He was told they said they were voting Makayla.  That makes him an idiot for believing Trollboy though.  She and Stacy were driving me nuts with all the eye rolling and gestures.  I don't think she realizes how big of a target her calling Coach and Ozzie "temporary" put on her back.  Not a very smart move.

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/11 at 12:01 pm

Trollboy jr is a little out there, isn't he?  I was surprised he told Coach.  That just put a target on his back if there is ever any reason for Coach not to trust him.

I was glad to see Christina go.  Her and Stacy were a little off in freaking out on Coach calling him a liar.  He didn't lie.  He was told they said they were voting Makayla.  That makes him an idiot for believing Trollboy though.  She and Stacy were driving me nuts with all the eye rolling and gestures.  I don't think she realizes how big of a target her calling Coach and Ozzie "temporary" put on her back.  Not a very smart move.

Not a smart move at all.  Yeah I'm glad Christine is out. Hopefully she didn't share clue number one with Stacy.  I want the whiner to win the duel and take C out for good, coaches team to lose again and take out Stacy then I want the whiner to beat her too.

The look on the lil trolls face at tribal was priceless. 

It's like a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar yet instead of feeling guilty he gets mad at mom for putting cookies in the cookie jar in the first place......how DARE she tempt him in that way.  That boy needs serious reflection an counseling. 

Also, he's probably a wife beater but of course it's his wife's fault for acting out.  That's sad but probably accurate.  The boy has issues.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/22/11 at 6:12 pm

First he says he won't give in to the temptation, though I didn't see any tempting on Mikayla's part, and then the licentious bas#@rd ogles
her, good thing they shown him from the waist up God knows what his hands were up to.  ::)

Not that I am sticking up for the lascivious lecher but how much of that is editing. They show him ogling Mikayla, then they show Mikayla
standing provocatively. How do we really know the look and the stance were filmed at the same time? Either way I'd love to be a fly on
the wall when his wife sees the episode.

Watching the first two tribal councils I think stupidity is a must to be on the show. it is hard to blindside someone when you come right
at them at tribal council.

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/11 at 6:20 pm

First he says he won't give in to the temptation, though I didn't see any tempting on Mikayla's part, and then the licentious bas#@rd ogles
her, good thing they shown him from the waist up God knows what his hands were up to.  ::)

Not that I am sticking up for the lascivious lecher but how much of that is editing. They show him ogling Mikayla, then they show Mikayla
standing provocatively. How do we really know the look and the stance were filmed at the same time? Either way I'd love to be a fly on
the wall when his wife sees the episode.

Watching the first two tribal councils I think stupidity is a must to be on the show. it is hard to blindside someone when you come right
at them at tribal council.

Oh I'm not fooled by editing I know he editors scour hours of unrelated footage to find the right moments to piece together but they also have moments where he's ogling her and they are both in frame so there's some realism to it!

Spot on about shooting waist up. I'm fairly certain the lad spends an inordinate amount of time relieving himself in the jungle  ;D

I'm'a blame the lack of food.  Going hungry instantly makes you stupid.  You can't think straight when you're hungry.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/11 at 7:03 pm

I'm'a blame the lack of food.  Going hungry instantly makes you stupid.  You can't think straight when you're hungry.

Either that or it is the Hantz blood.  The troll proved they are idiots...troll boy is coming close to proving it for me as well.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/23/11 at 3:33 pm

Now maybe you see why I call Oz "monkey boy" did u see him scaling the tree tops lol.  ;D

He wasn't very bright doing it. He found the idol in a tree, someone is bound to read the clue that will tell them to look up,
so what does he do? He hides it in a tree. It would have been better for him to bury the idol, I won't be surprised if someone
finds the idol were ozzy hide it.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/11 at 3:45 pm

He wasn't very bright doing it. He found the idol in a tree, someone is bound to read the clue that will tell them to look up,
so what does he do? He hides it in a tree. It would have been better for him to bury the idol, I won't be surprised if someone
finds the idol were ozzy hide it.

I don't know about that... it looked like he put it pretty high in the tree.... the clue the other team had said "just out of reach" so, assuming it's the same clue for both teams Ozzie may have hidden it high enough. 

I never really understood hiding it in the first place.....what if someone does stumble across your hiding place? 

Written By: loki 13 on 09/28/11 at 7:48 pm

It has been bothering me for a couple of week now. Christine reminded me of someone but I couldn't figure out who,
tonight I realized it. Christine kind of reminds me of Deidre Lovejoy, the woman who plays Heather Taffet, aka The
Gravedigger on Bones. That's it for now, I will not throw out any spoilers.

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/11 at 11:10 pm

It has been bothering me for a couple of week now. Christine reminded me of someone but I couldn't figure out who,
tonight I realized it. Christine kind of reminds me of Deidre Lovejoy, the woman who plays Heather Taffet, aka The
Gravedigger on Bones. That's it for now, I will not through out any spoilers.

Now that you mention t she kinda does  ;D

Three eps.... Essentially 7 maybe 8 days is how long brandon lasted.
He's an even bigger idiot than I thought.  He should Tatoo a huge target on his back. I'm sure he's out next chance they get.... Well I think Stacy will go then him.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/28/11 at 11:27 pm

Trollboy sure did plant the target squarely on his butt, didn't he? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/11 at 2:08 am

I'm so glad Stacy lost.

That challenge was disgusting!  8-P
I gagged when Jeff said the tribe could take the meat back to camp.
The 2 Oz they win by was probably all spit  8-P 8-P 8-P

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/11 at 7:16 am

That was vomit inducing, wasn't it?  I don't know, maybe it is different when you are out there with little food...maybe "washing off the spit" will make it more palatable. 

Loved the look on Ozzy's face when Elyse went.  They were getting too cocky.  I love it when the cocky ones get smacked down instead of kept around.

How about that rant of Christine and Staceys how they will call Coach "Benjamin" because that's what adults do?  That whole rant seemed a little immature to me.  Yeah, they sure showed him. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/11 at 1:27 pm

That was vomit inducing, wasn't it?  I don't know, maybe it is different when you are out there with little food...maybe "washing off the spit" will make it more palatable. 

Loved the look on Ozzy's face when Elyse went.  They were getting too cocky.  I love it when the cocky ones get smacked down instead of kept around.

How about that rant of Christine and Staceys how they will call Coach "Benjamin" because that's what adults do?  That whole rant seemed a little immature to me.  Yeah, they sure showed him. ::)

I couldn't understand half of what Stacey was saying, let alone follow her "logic"  ::)

But I like ozzy... I hate Jim.  >:(

I guess if I were hungry it would be different. Then again I'm thinking I would be reasonable enough to know other food challenges were coming plus it's basically only 24 days till  the game is over. I can wait...  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/19/11 at 8:52 pm

Won't post the spoilers because I know Q hasn't watched yet.  I just came here to say that Brandon is completely insane. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/11 at 10:44 pm

Won't post the spoilers because I know Q hasn't watched yet.  I just came here to say that Brandon is completely insane. 

Watched! 

Brandon is insane and has no clue how to play the game.  Based on his comments, when it gets down to just his alliance is he not gonna vote at all since he promised to never write down the name of anyone in his alliance.

That comment out I'd prefer so & so but I'm writing that name because I can't vote that one e en tho I'd rather vote that one out....wouldn't it be more loyal to take the one you prefer? Where is it written that's it's disloyal to change your mind or have a change of heart.

Did you see the look on probsts face when Brandon said that thing about who they should vote out instead if theyre just gonna be disloyal....(sorry trying not to reveal too much).  That look was priceless!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/20/11 at 7:14 am

He is an idiot.  I love his comment about how there is no gray it is all black and white.  I don't know if that is youth or insanity speaking, I hope it is just youth.  He will get smacked in the face with the real world at some point, though.

Probst seems shocked throughout the whole tirade.  You can tell Jeff thinks he is an idiot.

Ozzy really needed a can of grow the hell up last night.  You can't go into this game expecting everyone to go along with your ideas of how it should be played.  It makes the game so boring to watch when they blindly follow someone, like the sheep followed Rob last year. 

Christina, bitter much?  Rick was cheering her on and she flipped him off.  I get that it sucked to get voted out like she did, but if she really intends to get back to the game and win, that is not how to do it.  There were members of the other team watching this as well.  That kind of thing might get her to the end but she wouldn't win.  History shows that the jury is usually full of Bitter Betties and when people act like that they don't get votes.  Do these people not remember Russell.  He had great game play but was a complete jerk and people didn't want to vote for him because of that.

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/11 at 12:28 pm

He is an idiot.  I love his comment about how there is no gray it is all black and white.  I don't know if that is youth or insanity speaking, I hope it is just youth.  He will get smacked in the face with the real world at some point, though.

Probst seems shocked throughout the whole tirade.  You can tell Jeff thinks he is an idiot.

Ozzy really needed a can of grow the hell up last night.  You can't go into this game expecting everyone to go along with your ideas of how it should be played.  It makes the game so boring to watch when they blindly follow someone, like the sheep followed Rob last year. 

Christina, bitter much?  Rick was cheering her on and she flipped him off.  I get that it sucked to get voted out like she did, but if she really intends to get back to the game and win, that is not how to do it.  There were members of the other team watching this as well.  That kind of thing might get her to the end but she wouldn't win.  History shows that the jury is usually full of Bitter Betties and when people act like that they don't get votes.  Do these people not remember Russell.  He had great game play but was a complete jerk and people didn't want to vote for him because of that.

I think Brandon issue is maturity  I also think he got busted for cheating.....but baby I just kissed her, that's a gray area right?  In cheating there's no grey area in life the world's mostly gray. 

Ozzy's reaction disappointed me. I'm still rooting for him but the truth is he's always lost because he as no strategy. In 10 yrs (or however long it's been) he still hasn't learned much.  If i were going I'd watch all the avail seasons on DVD and learn the ins and outs of strategy.

I have to admit I wasn't at all bored by rob's game.  It was kind of fun watch the puppet master routine actually work. I wouldn't want to see it every season but rob was the perfect manipulator to watch pull it off.

Christina, if she makes it back in n game, would only  fair long enough to help Ozzy's team vote out Coach's team. It would be smart to take her to the finale if she pisses a ton of people off but then again they may be impressed by her staying power.

Coach, I ate to admit it, is playing a good game....he's ot being very, um, coach-y no crazy stories about pygmies etc.  ::)

He could win the jury if he keeps this up.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/20/11 at 6:02 pm

Coach, I ate to admit it, is playing a good game....he's ot being very, um, coach-y no crazy stories about pygmies etc.  ::)

He could win the jury if he keeps this up.

I know.  I am actually beginning to root for him.  He is playing well this time.  He has proved that it is possible to learn from past experiences on the show.  Hear that, Ozzy?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/11 at 8:23 pm

Don't worry, no spoilers. ;)

Love the war paint...especially on Brandon.  That's all I gonna say. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/11 at 10:20 pm

I cannot wait for next week!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 8:56 am

HOW IN THE WORLD DID WE MANAGE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT SURVIVOR?!?!?!?

I'm not gonna be able to recap it all but I'll give you my thoughts on what I can recall

I know Ozzy is not popular....and well, even I found him cocky and arrogant during the Thanksgiving recap episode, but you can't deny he's dominating... I would love to see Ozzy and Coach in finale. 

Having said that Cochran - what an idiot he was... Hmmmm let me go from being 6th in my tribe to being 7th in the other tribe...that'll show them!!!  ::)      When he begged for one more day as a show of good faith I was like please! Does he not realize what he's saying to the others standing there?  but I get  his point because the longer you stay in the more money you win.... I'd go on Survivor and be the first person voted out for 2500 but I'd rather be in the final three and get guaranteed 85K  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 8:57 am

found this....

Survivor Payout Scale....assuming it's accurate...

1st Place: $1,000,000
2nd Place: $100,000
3rd Place: $85,000
4th Place: $70,000
5th Place: $55,000
6th Place: $45,000
7th Place: $35,000
8th Place: $27,500
9th Place: $20,000
10th Place: $15,000
11th Place: $10,000
12thPlace: $7,500
13th Place: $5,500
14th Place: $4,500
15th Place: $3,500
16th Place: $2,500

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 9:05 am

Edna? oh Edna...... if only you weren't so....well....edna-ish...

Remember how loki was talking about all the idiots following Boston Rob (YAY ROB!) last season....well how about this group following coach  ::)    And coach professing he's not in control of the game... he controls every aspect of the game except Brandon's mouth!

Brandon is an idiot.  I know we know that but I had to say it again... I kept thinking Albert you could convince Brandon to give you the Immunity Necklace and then Brandon just goes and does it on his own.... Hey Dag, That's like 25X dumber than when that Eric (was that his name? You always remember) got it coaxed off his neck by the girls in that one season.

I wonder what Brandon will think when sees the last couple of eps...that ep with Edna completely painted him as a bully. I just hope he can see it.  When Edna remarked about how saying you're sorry isn't the same as feeling sorry  (actually I guess she said he says you're sorry and thinks that absolves him of any responsibility)  it was spot on! 

I can imagine the looks from his uncle and dad as they watch last nights eps....here's hoping he had the good sense to stay away from home last night.... oh wait...it's Brandon...he has no sense.  :D

Can't wait til Sunday....but I'm gonna be in LA that night so I guess I have to wait until Monday to watch....or watch it when I get home and hope I'm not late for work the next morning.   

Written By: Dagwood on 12/15/11 at 6:24 pm

Brandon is an idiot.  I know we know that but I had to say it again... I kept thinking Albert you could convince Brandon to give you the Immunity Necklace and then Brandon just goes and does it on his own.... Hey Dag, That's like 25X dumber than when that Eric (was that his name? You always remember) got it coaxed off his neck by the girls in that one season.

Yes, Brandon is an idiot.  I don't think his was more stupid than Eric, though.  Eric trusted Natalie, who basically formed the she-woman man haters club.  Brandon was trusting people who were "on his side" the whole game.  It was close though.

I love how Albert squeaked through.  Dude was exposed for all his lies and still managed to get the idol off of Brandon's neck.  He deserves to win for that alone. 

The tribe does blindly follow Coach.  Crazy. 

An Ozzy/Coach final would be good, but I don't see it happening unless they both win an idol.  There is no way the others would let either through to the end.  Coach is too good at schmoozing and Ozzy is a beast in challenges.  They still seem to have no clue that the jury doesn't vote for who played the best game, the jury always turns out to be a a bunch of bitter betties who vote against someone rather than for.

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 11:21 pm

Yes, Brandon is an idiot.  I don't think his was more stupid than Eric, though.  Eric trusted Natalie, who basically formed the she-woman man haters club.  Brandon was trusting people who were "on his side" the whole game.  It was close though.

I love how Albert squeaked through.  Dude was exposed for all his lies and still managed to get the idol off of Brandon's neck.  He deserves to win for that alone. 

The tribe does blindly follow Coach.  Crazy. 

An Ozzy/Coach final would be good, but I don't see it happening unless they both win an idol.  There is no way the others would let either through to the end.  Coach is too good at schmoozing and Ozzy is a beast in challenges.  They still seem to have no clue that the jury doesn't vote for who played the best game, the jury always turns out to be a a bunch of bitter betties who vote against someone rather than for.

I figure Jim and Cochran are the wild cards. those are the two who will actually play pick the one who played the best game. 
I think, I could be wrong, but I think, if Ozzy makes it Keith, his girlfriend and Dawn will vote for their teammate.... I don't think Edna really wants to vote for any of her team mates  ;D

there's a part of me that would love to see Brandon in the finale because that jury q&a would be entertaining as hell

btw, maybe it's just me....but I'm seriously offended by all the praying (not for the normal reasons or reasons you might think  ;D ) 
Honestly. I think its downright selfish to pray for god to help you win a reality show. I mean, these guys were praying pretty hard, i feel like its the equivalent of saying  hey dude, I know you've got all those families praying for their soldiers and others praying for their sick and dying relatives and others who are out of work and hoping they can just find a way to feed their kids tonight but can you take a break and help us win this challenge? oh yeah and can you stop and let us thank you for getting us to the top 5 oh and while you're at it can you tell me who's name I should put down on the scroll. I mean...since you're here anyway.  ::)      ya know?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/16/11 at 7:09 am

All the praying is getting ridiculous.  It doesn't offend me (imagine that ;D)  I honestly think it is Coach trying to control things in his tribe.  This is how he gets Brandon under his wing. 

I do find it funny that they think God cares who wins the game.  He has much more important things to deal with than Survivor. ;D

There is a verse in the bible that says to pray "in your closet" not out in front of everyone all showy.  I always took that to mean that the ones who take great pains to show everyone who religious they are by praying out in the middle of everything are hypocritical.  I don't know if that is the intention or not, but it smacks of it to me.

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/11 at 7:43 am

All the praying is getting ridiculous.  It doesn't offend me (imagine that ;D)  I honestly think it is Coach trying to control things in his tribe.  This is how he gets Brandon under his wing. 

I do find it funny that they think God cares who wins the game.  He has much more important things to deal with than Survivor. ;D

There is a verse in the bible that says to pray "in your closet" not out in front of everyone all showy.  I always took that to mean that the ones who take great pains to show everyone who religious they are by praying out in the middle of everything are hypocritical.  I don't know if that is the intention or not, but it smacks of it to me.

that's what I was thinking...it feels very hypocritical.

I was thinking it's Brandon but you're right it makes sense that's it's Coach leading it as a way to manipulate Brandon.
I wonder how Brandon's black and white approach to everything works for him in the real world?  Although I get a sense that this transformation of his is relatively new... maybe he's only been clean (or on a "straight" path) for 6 months so he hasn't had time to adapt and adopt a more reasonable POV. 

I think his story about his "gang" or whatever - since he was hesitant to refer to them as such... was about as real as Coach story about floating down the river and seeing a band of pygmies  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/17/11 at 8:51 am

I think you are right.  Brandon's approach to life does come from being a recent convert to his faith.  I have noticed that in most religions, new converts are more "black and white" where as the older ones understand that not everything is black and white.

I will be glad when this season is over, though.  I hope the powers that be never bring in a Hantz again.

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/11 at 8:56 am

I think you are right.  Brandon's approach to life does come from being a recent convert to his faith.  I have noticed that in most religions, new converts are more "black and white" where as the older ones understand that not everything is black and white.

I will be glad when this season is over, though.  I hope the powers that be never bring in a Hantz again.

I anticipate Family Survivor... starring the Hantz' Uncle, Brother and Nephew versus.....whoever else they can get to participate as a family  ::)  god that would be ugly!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/17/11 at 12:02 pm

I anticipate Family Survivor... starring the Hantz' Uncle, Brother and Nephew versus.....whoever else they can get to participate as a family  ::)  god that would be ugly!

As much as I love Survivor....that would be the season I stopped watching. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/11 at 12:06 pm

As much as I love Survivor....that would be the season I stopped watching. 

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/18/11 at 5:47 pm

can't wait for the finale tonight!!!! just an hour and 15 mins to go!!!! but I won't be home for two hours so I guess I have to wait a bit lol

glad I get the east coast feed tho so I don't have to wait.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/18/11 at 10:52 pm

So you know now?  I will be back tomorrow.  I won't say a thing just in case. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 12:38 am

I know! I have stuff to say. I think it'll be easier to do from a computer. I too will be back tomorrow.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 7:02 am

Gotta go to work so I will talk more tonight, but I felt bad for Brandon.  He truly looked hurt that none of his family showed up at the Reunion because they didn't like how he played the game.  Poor kid.

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 12:40 pm

Gotta go to work so I will talk more tonight, but I felt bad for Brandon.  He truly looked hurt that none of his family showed up at the Reunion because they didn't like how he played the game.  Poor kid.

I almost felt sorry for him too... then I remembered how he presented in the beginning....

remember when he was all stalker-y with Mikayla? the boy was battling some pretty big demons I think - well I hope but I know I'm wrong - that some of the issue the family had was with that... my guess is he cheated on his girlfriend/wife and probably has more than one baby momma out there so he was exhibiting signs of his old behavior. 

That aside, look at how he played the game...of course Russell and his dad were pissed  ;)
He told every secret
Mapped out every alliance
Projected every vote
aligned with the strongest players
voted off the people he could actually beat
won only one individual challenge
looked weak most of the time
was the played like a violin by coach
became the puppet
gave up the immunity necklace
stayed loyal to his team

None of these are acceptable by Hantz standards....  ;D

now I know you said you wouldn't watch "family" survivor but would you watch a season of Russell vs Brandon?  I would. I'd actually, god help me, vote for Brandon.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 12:53 pm

I was soooooo sad that Ozzy didn't make it to finale. So glad he won the fan favorite tho!  The man was an animal and totally deserved to win the whole thing. 

I really didn't want any of the final three to win.  Albert did turn into a spineless weasel...he seemed so cute in the beginning.. I love how he's a baseball and Dating coach (WTF how do those two correlate?) 

Sophie is a spoiled brat.  When she told Albert to drop his tiles and come pick up hers I would've told her to fudge off..... Although I kinda wish albert had cuz it would've been funny if albert had dropped his shyt and then jeff said it's an individual challenge so no one can help anyone else... I also like how Albert kept slowing her down in the final challenge by going everywhere she went.....too bad he didn't slow her down more.  >:( 

Coach really blew it... he should've voted off Sophie instead of Rick. Dude Rick was soooo pissed!  ;D 
The thing is Coach either wanted to go to the end with the strongest players or he didn't.... if he did then he should've gone with Ozzy and Sophie...if he didn't then he should've gone with Rick and Albert.    Instead he split hairs and it cost him the votes.

I knew Cochran would vote for coach and I suspect Brandon voted for coach too... did you see that look on Brandon's face when he found out coach lied about the immunity idol. I'd forgotten all about that. I love how Sophie busted that out at the end.... I also love how Coach got caught in all the lies. 

I do think Ozzy blew it by telling everyone what Coach promised him. It was a stupid, rookie move on Ozzy's part. He's never had much of a strategic game. I get where he's coming from, I don't trust coach either but I don't know that it served him in anyway other than to plant a small seed of doubt in the already paranoid. 

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 4:54 pm

I don't know...I think Ozzy was screwed either way.  The only way he would have made it would have been to win that final immunity.  The jury was stacked with his team, he would have been a shoo-in. 

Out of the final three, I wanted Coach.  I agree with everything you said about Sophie and Albert.  I thought it was rather ballsy of her to demand that Albert drop his stack and go pick up hers.  Not cool, Sophie.  And when she was whining that Ozzy called her spoiled?  How about you calling him cocky and arrogant, Sophie?  Same thing?  Get over yourself, sweetheart.

Rick?  I wish the Jury rick would have shown up more often.  I love it when he is pissed.  He rocks.

I loved Edna's speech.  We signed up to be lied to, deal with it.  Loved it ;D

I still don't think I would watch a family.  Russell needs to leave my tv screen and never come back.  I may watch Brandon again.  It would be interesting to see if he has learned from this experience.  I still think his family are jerks for not showing up.  At least support the dude even if you think he made stupid moves.  Especially the whole giving up the idol thing.  I loved how he went after Albert asking if he knew he was going.  Hilarious.

As for Albert...love that he went into it so sure he had it in the bag then the jury gave it to him with both barrels.

Can't wait for next season.

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 5:27 pm

I don't know...I think Ozzy was screwed either way.  The only way he would have made it would have been to win that final immunity.  The jury was stacked with his team, he would have been a shoo-in. 

Out of the final three, I wanted Coach.  I agree with everything you said about Sophie and Albert.  I thought it was rather ballsy of her to demand that Albert drop his stack and go pick up hers.  Not cool, Sophie.  And when she was whining that Ozzy called her spoiled?  How about you calling him cocky and arrogant, Sophie?  Same thing?  Get over yourself, sweetheart.

Rick?  I wish the Jury rick would have shown up more often.  I love it when he is pissed.  He rocks.

I loved Edna's speech.  We signed up to be lied to, deal with it.  Loved it ;D

I still don't think I would watch a family.  Russell needs to leave my tv screen and never come back.  I may watch Brandon again.  It would be interesting to see if he has learned from this experience.  I still think his family are jerks for not showing up.  At least support the dude even if you think he made stupid moves.  Especially the whole giving up the idol thing.  I loved how he went after Albert asking if he knew he was going.  Hilarious.

As for Albert...love that he went into it so sure he had it in the bag then the jury gave it to him with both barrels.

Can't wait for next season.

Pissed off Rick could've won this thing!  ;D

I was sort of kidding about my assesment of Brandon it's quite obvious that he has no familial support... I'm guessing that's probably  what led to whatever dark path he went down before he "reformed"  Its really sad. Russell kept saying season one that the guy we saw on Survivor was not who he was at home but I see nothing but evil in his eyes.. I think, if he thought he could get away with it....and he probably does....he'd be a serial killer.  I wonder if that crap about him being a millionaire was ever real. It never rang true to me....  he strikes me as a worker on an oil rig or a mechanic or something else in the manual labor field.

Oh I love the way the jury turned on Albert.  I'm still not sure what he did... I mean I know he didn't do anything around the camp but Albert's power, in the game, was all in his head... I don't think albert pulled of one strategic move on his own. In fact all the good ideas that came his way he shot down. And all the stuff that happened that he had a "hand" in I think always came from some other player.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 5:44 pm

I heard Russell's "millions" came from the fact that his family owns an oil business.  It is a family thing, not a Russell thing.  He is a scary little man, isn't he?

Albert was a legend in his own mind.

I agree, pissed off Rick would have won.  I wish he had been that way before...I was rooting for him from the start.  I'm glad he made it as far as he did.

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 5:54 pm

I heard Russell's "millions" came from the fact that his family owns an oil business.  It is a family thing, not a Russell thing.  He is a scary little man, isn't he?

Albert was a legend in his own mind.

I agree, pissed off Rick would have won.  I wish he had been that way before...I was rooting for him from the start.  I'm glad he made it as far as he did.

I still don't buy it... maybe someone in the family got run over by a BP truck and that's why they supposedly have a million dollars.  ::)

OMG I just came across this  Apparently A&E have signed Russell and some family to a reality show about flipping houses in houston  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 6:00 pm

I still don't buy it... maybe someone in the family got run over by a BP truck and that's why they supposedly have a million dollars.  ::)

OMG I just came across this  Apparently A&E have signed Russell and some family to a reality show about flipping houses in houston  ::)

;D  I wouldn't be surprised if you are right.

His own show?  Really?  the A&E execs need to be slapped ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 6:04 pm

;D  I wouldn't be surprised if you are right.

His own show?  Really?  the A&E execs need to be slapped ::)

do doubt!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 6:31 pm

found this online... it's from Brandon's wife. It's pretty telling... I mean given how volitale the relationship and how possessive he was I'm convinced he cheated on her... they are way too young. But, if he/they can afford an apartment at 16 & 17 maybe the family did come into money.....

"As I was reading this I could’nt help but look back on mine and my husbands mariage and dating relationship! (please do not judge me or my husband in this story for we have both changed and gave our lives to the lord). First of all I would like to tell you that I am 17 years old and my husband, Brandon, is 18 we have a little boy, Elijah who is 6 months old and we have been married for a year and 2 months(we got married on my 16th birthday, may 15th) we have our own apartment ..etc.. Well we have had a REALLY rough relationship full of arguments and fights we even used to hit each other. Our relationship was no romance thats for sure to me it was HELL ... From then on our relationship went downward WAYYYYYY DOWNWARD to make a very long story short he was extremely jealouse i was extremely tired of it and we fought like cats and dogs, i couldnt go anywhere without him and when i did i had to put my head down just so he wouldnt think i was looking at anyone
... We now have a wonderful apartment in texas which we’ve been living in for 7 months and we don’t hit each other, we have given our lives over to the lord and its all because of GODS mighty power and he put us together for a reason!!!! I am telling you this story to show you that true love also means being there when you dont want to be, enduring through all the pain and that has been our whole relationship and now we also enjoy each other and selflessly give to one another our love and kindness!!!!! I hope my story has helped someone, encouraged someone out there because no matter what situation your going through GOD can bring you out of it all you have to do is give him your all and he will heal every affliction, but be patient because GODS perfect will has to be done and thats all in HIS timing!!!! thank you for reading, candace hantz!!!!!!"

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 7:21 pm

found this online... it's from Brandon's wife. It's pretty telling... I mean given how volitale the relationship and how possessive he was I'm convinced he cheated on her... they are way too young. But, if he/they can afford an apartment at 16 & 17 maybe the family did come into money.....

"As I was reading this I could’nt help but look back on mine and my husbands mariage and dating relationship! (please do not judge me or my husband in this story for we have both changed and gave our lives to the lord). First of all I would like to tell you that I am 17 years old and my husband, Brandon, is 18 we have a little boy, Elijah who is 6 months old and we have been married for a year and 2 months(we got married on my 16th birthday, may 15th) we have our own apartment ..etc.. Well we have had a REALLY rough relationship full of arguments and fights we even used to hit each other. Our relationship was no romance thats for sure to me it was HELL ... From then on our relationship went downward WAYYYYYY DOWNWARD to make a very long story short he was extremely jealouse i was extremely tired of it and we fought like cats and dogs, i couldnt go anywhere without him and when i did i had to put my head down just so he wouldnt think i was looking at anyone
... We now have a wonderful apartment in texas which we’ve been living in for 7 months and we don’t hit each other, we have given our lives over to the lord and its all because of GODS mighty power and he put us together for a reason!!!! I am telling you this story to show you that true love also means being there when you dont want to be, enduring through all the pain and that has been our whole relationship and now we also enjoy each other and selflessly give to one another our love and kindness!!!!! I hope my story has helped someone, encouraged someone out there because no matter what situation your going through GOD can bring you out of it all you have to do is give him your all and he will heal every affliction, but be patient because GODS perfect will has to be done and thats all in HIS timing!!!! thank you for reading, candace hantz!!!!!!"

I have heard about that before....maybe Brandon mentioned something about the hitting.  Hopefully they both have really changed, since they have since had another child.  They are young and definitely have a lot against them.  I wish them luck.

Check for new replies or respond here...