inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scorsese's George Harrison film gets Liverpool premiere

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/11 at 10:38 am

Martin Scorsese's profile of the late Beatle George Harrison is to have its UK premiere in Liverpool.

George Harrison: Living in the Material World will be screened at the city's Foundation for Art and Creative Technology (FACT) on 2 October.

The film was made in collaboration with Harrison's widow Olivia and follows his life from his upbringing in Liverpool.

It includes interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Yoko Ono.

Scorsese, who an Academy Award as Best Director for The Departed, said: "Like so many millions of people, I first came to know George through the music, which was the soundtrack of our world.

"George was making spiritually awake music, we all heard and felt it, and I think that was the reason that he came to occupy a very special place in our lives.

"So when I was offered the chance to make this picture, I jumped at it."

Chris Peters, general manager of Picturehouse at FACT said: "FACT is over the moon to be bringing Liverpool audiences the premiere of George Harrison: Living in the Material World in the city where George's story began.

"A spiritual and musical journey, the documentary places the imaginative and inspired eye of one of cinema's greatest filmmakers on one of the world's most influential men, and Liverpool audiences should expect a deeply moving and touching experience."

Subject: Re: Scorsese's George Harrison film gets Liverpool premiere

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/17/11 at 11:39 pm

"George was making spiritually awake music, we all heard and felt it, and I think that was the reason that he came to occupy a very special place in our lives.

Like "The No No Song"!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_biggrin.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 09/18/11 at 5:11 am

He did a brilliant job on Dylan.  Can't wait to see this.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/18/11 at 6:52 am

What's the rating?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/11 at 7:02 am

What's the rating?  ???
Yet to be certificated.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/18/11 at 9:31 am

I am a huge fan of all the Beatles, but not blinded by the facts, and the fact is that George wasn't always as spiritual and nice a guy as he himself would like to believe.  Can't wait to see if they stay true to the truth.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/11 at 3:10 pm

Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are among the guests at the London premiere of Martin Scorsese's George Harrison documentary.

Check for new replies or respond here...