inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newspaper misprint leads woman to believe she won a $54 million lotto jackpot

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 10:40 am

I'D BE PISSED!!!!!

Full article here 

A Fresno County woman who thought she had won the $54-million Mega Millions jackpot after checking the numbers in her local newspaper is actually not a winner after all. The Fresno Bee indicated she had hit it big in Tuesday's drawing.....

Thinking she had won $54 million, she started screaming and crying in celebration. Betancourt, who lost her husband in late July and is in need of a new roof, believed she had an angel looking out for her.

But, the excitement was short-lived.

A family member went to a lottery ticket vendor to verify the numbers and they were different from those in the paper.

It turns out the Bee reprinted Friday's Mega Million drawing results instead of Tuesday's.

Betancourt told KMPH-TV she always plays the same numbers in every drawing, but for some reason she played a "quick pick" last Friday.

"I rechecked it about five times and they were still the same numbers and I started screaming and crying. I sat down on the floor," she told the television station. "My son heard me screaming. He thought I was having a heart attack."

This amazed me... first.....thinking you had the winning numbers only to find out the numbers that hit were from the previous draw and then to realize you always played the same numbers but on the one day you didn't play those numbers the numbers hit....

personally I don't think that woman "always" played those numbers. She may have played them frequently but not always..... still.... talk about karma kicking your ass!

Subject: Re: Newspaper misprint leads woman to believe she won a $54 million lotto jackpot

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/11 at 5:53 pm

Newspaper error.  I think they owe her $54 million

Subject: Re: Newspaper misprint leads woman to believe she won a $54 million lotto jackpot

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/11 at 6:09 pm

Or at least some coupons for Applebee's!
:P

Written By: Howard on 09/16/11 at 7:40 pm

Or at least some coupons for Applebee's!
:P

for 54 million? nah how about a nice fancy restaurant?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 8:21 pm

for 54 million? nah how about a nice fancy restaurant?  ???

Good point.  Chilis it is!  :D

Written By: gibbo on 09/17/11 at 12:11 am

The newspapers should pick a different person each week! Sounds like fun ...... ::)  Oh wait...it's the U.S.....surely someone will be sued in all of this!  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 09/17/11 at 5:36 am

Don't make me hungry.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/17/11 at 5:49 am

I WOULD JUST BE PISSED!  >:(  Someone give that woman a new roof  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/17/11 at 6:28 am

Yeah sure like what can you get for a thousand dollars at Chilis?  ::)

How about a glass of white wine?

Written By: Howard on 09/17/11 at 6:30 am

I WOULD JUST BE PISSED!   >:(  Someone give that woman a new roof   ;)

and more money.

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/11 at 8:52 am

I WOULD JUST BE PISSED!   >:(  Someone give that woman a new roof   ;)

In fairly certain someone will.

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/11 at 8:54 am

Yeah sure like what can you get for a thousand dollars at Chilis?  ::)

How about a glass of white wine?

Who wants to spend a thousand dollars on a meal you're just gonna crap out a few hours later?

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/11 at 8:55 am

and more money.

She didn't get any money Howard so technically that should read "and some money"

Written By: Howard on 09/17/11 at 7:42 pm

Who wants to spend a thousand dollars on a meal you're just gonna crap out a few hours later?

;D karma

Check for new replies or respond here...