inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sir Paul McCartney gives notice to marry

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/11 at 3:05 am

Sir Paul McCartney could marry his fiancee at Marylebone Register Office - scene of his wedding to first wife Linda - after they posted banns there.

Sir Paul, 69, announced his engagement to New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell in May after four years together.

According to documents, Ms Shevell, who would become Sir Paul's third wife, moved into his home in St John's Wood, London, earlier this month.

Couples can marry 16 days after giving notice of their intention to marry.

Documents lodged with the register office list the singer under his full name, James Paul McCartney, and describe him as "a business executive".

"The best thing about being a registrar is the knowledge that in one moment you have changed people's lives, and I'm delighted that Paul and Nancy have chosen Marylebone Town Hall for their special day," said Superintendent Registrar Alison Cathcart.

"I am honoured to be conducting the ceremony and will get to see the look of joy on both their faces when I declare them husband and wife.," she added

Then-Beatle McCartney married Linda Eastman at a low-key ceremony at the same venue in 1969. Linda McCartney died of cancer in 1998.

Sir Paul and Linda's eldest daughter, Mary, also married at the register office last year.

Sir Paul, whose first ballet, Ocean's Kingdom, will premiere in New York next week, married model Heather Mills in 2002 and had a child, Beatrice, with her before the couple divorced in 2008.

Ms Shevell was married for more than 20 years to American lawyer and political candidate Bruce Blakeman.

She is a board member of New York's transportation authority and vice-president of her family business.

Subject: Re: Sir Paul McCartney gives notice to marry

Written By: Bobby on 09/18/11 at 8:49 am

I wish Sir Paul McCartney all the best but this seems like he hasn't let go of Linda. He should be thinking about his future with Ms Shevell rather than let the sentimental past control how he makes his immediate decisions in his current relationship.

If I was a man marrying a woman who wanted to get married in her dead husband's registry office I would seriously wonder whether this is the right relationship to be in.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/11 at 11:31 am

I am surprised that Sir Paul is even THINKING of getting married again after his last debacle. I hope that this time he finds true happiness.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/11 at 11:49 am

Does Nancy Shevell know who The Beatles are?

Written By: King Tut on 09/18/11 at 1:45 pm

I am surprised that Sir Paul is even THINKING of getting married again after his last debacle.
Cat

Yup.

Hey Paul, remember Heather Mills?

"The hearing took six days, finishing on 18 February 2008, with the judgment being made public on 17 March 2008.  Mills was eventually awarded a lump sum of £16.5m ( , together with assets of £7.8m, which included the properties she owned at the time. The total was £24.3 million (about 49 million US), plus payments of £35,000 per annum, for a nanny and school costs for their daughter."

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/BangHead.gif

Good luck to you.

Written By: Bobby on 09/18/11 at 1:49 pm

Yup.

Hey Paul, remember Heather Mills?

"The hearing took six days, finishing on 18 February 2008, with the judgment being made public on 17 March 2008.  Mills was eventually awarded a lump sum of £16.5m ( , together with assets of £7.8m, which included the properties she owned at the time. The total was £24.3 million (about 49 million US), plus payments of £35,000 per annum, for a nanny and school costs for their daughter."

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/BangHead.gif

Good luck to you.

I guess the big difference is Nancy Shevell is absolutely loaded herself because of her dad's $250 million trucking industry. I'm quite content to believe, for the moment, that money will not factor too much in this relationship.

Written By: King Tut on 09/18/11 at 1:56 pm

I guess the big difference is Nancy Shevell is absolutely loaded herself because of her dad's $250 million trucking industry. I'm quite content to believe, for the moment, that money will not factor too much in this relationship.

Let's hope so.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/18/11 at 3:28 pm

She's in my industry, American Trucking.  Her family controls the carrier 'New England Motor Freight'.

Kudos to her landing Paul McC.  :) 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/11 at 11:31 pm

She's in my industry, American Trucking.  Her family controls the carrier 'New England Motor Freight'.

Kudos to her landing Paul McC.   :) 8)

Sir Paul's gonna get some American F**king!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/19/11 at 6:54 am

Maybe she needs a history lesson.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/19/11 at 5:13 pm

She's 51, not 15.

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/11 at 5:30 pm

She's 51, not 15.

Ha ha.  ;D

I think Shevell may have heard of that little known group called The Beatles.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/19/11 at 6:16 pm

I hear this bird's got three legs to balance things out from Heather!
:-X

Written By: Dagwood on 09/19/11 at 6:27 pm

;D

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/11 at 6:29 pm

I hear this bird's got three legs to balance things out from Heather!
:-X

Maybe Rolf Harris can write a song about her. 'Nancy the peg' doesn't have the same ring to it though...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/11 at 1:37 am

Maybe Rolf Harris can write a song about her. 'Nancy the peg' doesn't have the same ring to it though...
"diddle-iddle-iddle-um"

Check for new replies or respond here...