inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Lady Gaga peaking?

Written By: famemonster99 on 09/19/11 at 4:19 pm

I noticed how many people are tired of her especially with her stunt  at the 2011 VMAS.  In my 7th grade English class everybody was talking about how she's gonna go away, even my teacher. Do you think she'll fade away? It seems to me she's already in her peak.  I really hope she doesn't go away, we need great talent to last for this era! :)

Subject: Re: Is Lady Gaga peaking?

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/11 at 4:23 pm

Here in Canada, Lady Gaga is definately "peaking"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqZtDV0pnQ

Written By: Brian06 on 09/19/11 at 4:30 pm

I personally liked her best in 2009, but she's still pretty good.

Written By: Emman on 09/19/11 at 4:41 pm

It seemed like she peaked with Bad Romance/Telephone in late '09/early '10(at least to me), she could still be moderately popular if she can evolve with the times. Like Britney Spears for example has evolved from her late '90s teen-pop period, come of age with urbanpop in '01, changed to electropop/dance music from '07-'11 even though her peak was '99-'01.

In the future(say in 10 years) Lady Gaga's peak period might be seen as '09-'11.

Written By: Creeder on 09/19/11 at 4:57 pm

Yeah, she will be moderately popular for many years to come.
I judge if an artist is popular by their youtube views and GaGa is doing poorly with her latest videos.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/11 at 6:47 am

Ben wants some of that. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/20/11 at 7:24 am

It seemed like she peaked with Bad Romance/Telephone in late '09/early '10(at least to me), she could still be moderately popular if she can evolve with the times. Like Britney Spears for example has evolved from her late '90s teen-pop period, come of age with urbanpop in '01, changed to electropop/dance music from '07-'11 even though her peak was '99-'01.

In the future(say in 10 years) Lady Gaga's peak period might be seen as '09-'11.

Yeah, I felt like late 2009 and early 2010 was her peak.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/20/11 at 7:26 am

He soooo wanted to do her in that interview.  ;D

Written By: Creeder on 09/20/11 at 10:25 am

GaGa is really hot when she normal without all that crazy makeup.

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/11 at 5:25 pm

Oh yeah, but since he is the son of Brian Mulroney, he has to keep a clean cut image.  However, I bet once the cameras were off, he was like "Just between you and me, if I wasn't married, I'd be on you like a fly on a windscreen"

Written By: King Tut on 09/20/11 at 5:58 pm

I think by 2013, a new flavor will take over.
If she hasn't peaked already, she will do so in the next 12 months.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/11 at 6:08 pm

I hope that Gaga does a collabo with Ke$ha.  8)

Written By: Howard on 09/20/11 at 7:25 pm

That was after the interview was over,If I was Ben I would jump on her like ice on fire. :D

Written By: Howard on 09/20/11 at 7:26 pm

Oh yeah, but since he is the son of Brian Mulroney, he has to keep a clean cut image.  However, I bet once the cameras were off, he was like "Just between you and me, if I wasn't married, I'd be on you like a fly on a windscreen"

he probably said to her "may I touch your breast"?  :D

Written By: Emman on 09/20/11 at 8:59 pm

I hope that Gaga does a collabo with Ke$ha.   8)

Then the world would truly come to an end.  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/20/11 at 11:44 pm

Then the world would truly come to an end.  :D

Psst.  I'll let you in on a little secret.  The Internet?  Pop culture?

It's sorta like the Arthur C. Clarke's 1953 short story, The Nine Billion Names of God, which you really should read because it's awesome, even though it has (almost) nothing to do with this thread.

And me?  I'm just a monk, doing my part.

05wleBE_uZs

8,999,999,873 PMVs on the 'net, 8,999,999,873 songs of ponies,
If one of those songs should get PMV'd, 8,999,999,872 PMVs on the 'net.

"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were turning into ponies."

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/21/11 at 1:56 am

I'd hit that like I was Mazeroski in the bottom of the ninth and she was pitching for The Yankees.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/21/11 at 6:41 am

I'd hit that like I was Mazeroski in the bottom of the ninth and she was pitching for The Yankees.  :P

But would she allow you to touch her?

Written By: kitkat1991 on 09/21/11 at 2:35 pm

wait lady gaga gaga is peaking? YAY! ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/21/11 at 5:45 pm

But would she allow you to touch her?

I don't recall Bill Mazeroski asking Ralph Terry for permission.  :o

Written By: Howard on 09/21/11 at 7:30 pm

I don't recall Bill Mazeroski asking Ralph Terry for permission.  :o

So that would be a "yes"?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/21/11 at 7:34 pm

So that would be a "yes"?

Yes.  Like Mazeroski, I would circle the bases and make it to home plate while the crowd cheered me on.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/21/11 at 8:23 pm

Yes.  Like Mazeroski, I would circle the bases and make it to home plate while the crowd cheered me on.   :P

What? not in the bedroom? :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/22/11 at 1:46 am

What? not in the bedroom? :o

"Circle the bases" was simply a colorful metaphor.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 09/22/11 at 6:59 am

Would Hugh offer a lot to Lady Gaga to pose do you think?

Written By: Labella1991 on 09/23/11 at 6:05 pm

I think so, many of my friends are getting so tired of her. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/23/11 at 7:38 pm

I want to see Gaga peak. ;)

Written By: Labella1991 on 09/24/11 at 9:42 am

I want to see Gaga peak. ;)

lol!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/11 at 7:48 pm

Sometimes I'm peeking at Lady Gaga!
8)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/11 at 8:14 pm

Sometimes I'm peeking at Lady Gaga!
8)

I'd like to peek at her too.  ;)

Written By: bchris02 on 09/24/11 at 10:32 pm

I noticed how many people are tired of her especially with her stunt  at the 2011 VMAS.  In my 7th grade English class everybody was talking about how she's gonna go away, even my teacher. Do you think she'll fade away? It seems to me she's already in her peak.  I really hope she doesn't go away, we need great talent to last for this era! :)

She's past her peak.  She has yet to top "Bad Romance" and likely never will.  Her peak was late 2009-early 2010.

Written By: Creeder on 09/25/11 at 2:40 am

She changed her style like all big artists do in their career.
Electropop will die, but GaGa will live on. ???

Written By: bchris02 on 10/19/11 at 8:14 pm

She changed her style like all big artists do in their career.
Electropop will die, but GaGa will live on. ???

Really?  I don't know anybody who likes that new country-ish one she has out, and EVERYBODY loved Bad Romance.

Written By: Emman on 10/19/11 at 8:19 pm

Really?  I don't know anybody who likes that new country-ish one she has out, and EVERYBODY loved Bad Romance.

You and I is actually pretty good in my opinion and is possibly one of the best singles she's ever released.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/03/11 at 10:27 pm

You and I is actually pretty good in my opinion and is possibly one of the best singles she's ever released.

Maybe from an artistic standpoint, but nobody is talking about her anymore.  Fun dance songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance made her popular.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/03/11 at 10:48 pm

Maybe from an artistic standpoint, but nobody is talking about her anymore.  Fun dance songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance made her popular.

Wow, she peaked fast! Her peak was definitely late 2009 and the first half of 2010.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/03/11 at 11:03 pm

Wow, she peaked fast! Her peak was definitely late 2009 and the first half of 2010.

Lady Gaga made three critical errors in my opinion.

-She was obsessed with trying to "outdo" herself so much that she became redundant and predictable
-She overdid it in terms of pandering to the gay community, so much as to alienate her straight fans
-There was so much hype surrounding her "Born This Way" album and she simply failed to live up to the hype

I think she will definitely make a comeback, but ultimately will fail to top the Bad Romance era.  Bottom line is her fresh sound and look made her famous, and now that is worn and tired.

Written By: Shiv on 11/04/11 at 7:55 am

Uhhh "You and I" is like a huge hit right now, so...

Written By: Paul on 11/04/11 at 8:14 am

Who?  ???

Written By: Howard on 11/04/11 at 7:14 pm

Who?  ???

Lady Gaga.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 11/05/11 at 6:39 am

no i think she might change herself in the future sometime this decade and she will have other major hits in the future... just not what she use to be

Written By: Howard on 11/05/11 at 6:42 am

no i think she might change herself in the future sometime this decade and she will have other major hits in the future... just not what she use to be

Like what? change herself into a man?  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/05/11 at 9:01 pm

;D

Written By: bchris02 on 11/06/11 at 8:32 pm

Uhhh "You and I" is like a huge hit right now, so...

You and I may be a hit, but has its sales come anywhere close to Bad Romance or Poker Face?

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 11/07/11 at 6:32 pm

:D who knows

Written By: Howard on 11/08/11 at 6:36 am

:D who knows

She might be another Chaz Bono.

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 12/31/11 at 6:29 pm

In my opinion, I think Gaga isn't peaking yet..but pretty soon. I think the whole crazy outfits/makeup thing is really holding her back. If you listen to the duet she did with Tony Bennett on his album, (or her other not-overly autotuned songs), you can tell she has a great voice. I am a huge fan of her stage show and being "shocking" to an audience, and not being afraid to be different than the other artists out there...but I think she should be more like my favorite artist, Alice Cooper (who is also a big Gaga fan), in the sense where she seperates her on stage persona and her off stage persona.

She has the talent to be a star for a long time, but trying to one-up herself is going to only disappoint future fans.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/31/11 at 6:56 pm

She might be another Chaz Bono.

Good Lord let's hope not...

Written By: bchris02 on 01/02/12 at 3:16 pm

In my opinion, I think Gaga isn't peaking yet..but pretty soon. I think the whole crazy outfits/makeup thing is really holding her back. If you listen to the duet she did with Tony Bennett on his album, (or her other not-overly autotuned songs), you can tell she has a great voice. I am a huge fan of her stage show and being "shocking" to an audience, and not being afraid to be different than the other artists out there...but I think she should be more like my favorite artist, Alice Cooper (who is also a big Gaga fan), in the sense where she seperates her on stage persona and her off stage persona.

She has the talent to be a star for a long time, but trying to one-up herself is going to only disappoint future fans.

How has she not peaked?  "Born This Way" has not come close to the success of her previous two albums.  In 2009 and 2010, EVERYBODY was talking about Lady Gaga.  Now, nobody I know is talking about her except my gay friends which are still obsessed with her, and I believe Gaga will continue to be popular in that community for decades to come same as Madonna and Cher.  If she really hasn't peaked, she needs to prove it with her next album.  I actually was a big fan of her first two albums, but "Born This Way" has been nothing but a disappointment and a lot of people feel the same. 

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 3:20 pm

Let's hope she doesn't peak TOO much.  ;D

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 01/03/12 at 6:11 am

How has she not peaked?  "Born This Way" has not come close to the success of her previous two albums.  In 2009 and 2010, EVERYBODY was talking about Lady Gaga.  Now, nobody I know is talking about her except my gay friends which are still obsessed with her, and I believe Gaga will continue to be popular in that community for decades to come same as Madonna and Cher.  If she really hasn't peaked, she needs to prove it with her next album.  I actually was a big fan of her first two albums, but "Born This Way" has been nothing but a disappointment and a lot of people feel the same.

True, I like her old songs better compared to her recent hits. The only song I like from this album is "Edge of Glory" because she brought a very nice pop sensibility and the saxophone addition to the song makes it a classic one ;) Other songs seems to be overdone just saying

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/12 at 10:22 am

Yeah, I remember in late 2009 and the first half of 2010, Gaga was at her peak. Her 'Bad Romance', 'Telephone', and 'Alejandro' video was when she was at her peak.

Who knows? Maybe she'll have a comeback with her next album. She's talented enough and can sing and write songs. She just got lost along the way and
became too oriented towards one demographic (the gays). I have nothing against gays I'm just saying other demographics can't relate to her currently.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/03/12 at 5:27 pm

Yeah, I remember in late 2009 and the first half of 2010, Gaga was at her peak. Her 'Bad Romance', 'Telephone', and 'Alejandro' video was when she was at her peak.

Who knows? Maybe she'll have a comeback with her next album. She's talented enough and can sing and write songs. She just got lost along the way and
became too oriented towards one demographic (the gays). I have nothing against gays I'm just saying other demographics can't relate to her currently.

Yeah I have to agree, I preferred her earlier songs for the most part. She's talented but she seems so damn weird to me now rofl. Her videos lately scare me.  ;D

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 01/07/12 at 4:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc&ob=av2e

this was banned in china and it's super weird video, i dont even understand the message

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/07/12 at 7:01 am

I'd like to see Lady Gaga and Ke$ha do a collabo.  That would be awesome.  8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/07/12 at 8:09 pm

this was banned in china and it's super weird video, i dont even understand the message

Anything that encourages "youthful independence" is "vulgar", and is a threat to "national cultural security".  It's not censorship, there's simply no distribution agreement that permits the tracks to be hosted.  Heh.

Check for new replies or respond here...