inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson Murder Trial...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/22/11 at 2:43 pm

Hey Y'all,

As many of you know the jury selection in the Michael Jackson Murder Trial is nearing its end and the trial itself is set to begin next week. I know it will be a hot topic with plenty and I wanted to establish a thread where everyone can speak about it and air thier views on it. It's gonna be discussed, let's discuss it here.

http://mjphotoscollectors.com/web/uploads/1276022692/gallery_700_106487.jpg

Everyone please post!

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson Murder Trial...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/11 at 3:11 pm

Who's being charged for what in the death of Michael?  I'm hazy.  Haven't thought about it in a while.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/22/11 at 3:28 pm

@Max:
Doctor (though I use the term loosely) Conrad Murray is being charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael, who expired from an acute overdose of Profofol anesthetic on June 25, 2009. If convicted, Murray will be put away for 4 years and have his medical liscence revoked.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/11 at 5:35 pm

@Max:
Doctor (though I use the term loosely) Conrad Murray is being charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael, who expired from an acute overdose of Profofol anesthetic on June 25, 2009. If convicted, Murray will be put away for 4 years and have his medical liscence revoked.

Oh, that's right.  Involuntary manslaughter is a much lesser charge than murder.  I still think that doctor should do some time behind bars.  He was extremely reckless distributing surgical anesthetic to a patient who was already struggling with addiction problems.
>:(

Written By: Howard on 09/23/11 at 6:42 am

I think he'll be put away for the killing of another human being.  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/11 at 6:53 am

A 12-member jury has been chosen for the trial of Michael Jackson's personal doctor - more than two years after the pop star's death.

Seven men and five women were selected from a panel of nearly 400 people.

This involved completing a 30-page questionnaire about Jackson and the media coverage of his death in June 2009 in Los Angeles.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/26/11 at 11:39 am

(You know I'm gonna ve biased because of my devotion to Michael Jackson)

I just want them to do what's right--send that ape looking man to jail. (Or drop him off the Empire State Building like King Kong) He shouldn't practice medicine. It just seemed like the simplest thing to me. Michael goes to sleep, you grab a chair and sit your ass down and watch him. Seemed so simple and if Michael gurgled or something-- a death rattle maybe-- he could have called 911 then instead of watiting an hour.  >:(

I've also heard tell that Prince and Paris Jackson might testify on trial. I hope they do. Two teary eyed teens might sway the jury.

http://www.dawnali.com/lovinmysistas/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3586.0;attach=1494;image

I'd hate to see them cry, though.  :(

Written By: Howard on 09/26/11 at 12:46 pm

(You know I'm gonna ve biased because of my devotion to Michael Jackson)

I just want them to do what's right--send that ape looking man to jail. (Or drop him off the Empire State Building like King Kong) He shouldn't practice medicine. It just seemed like the simplest thing to me. Michael goes to sleep, you grab a chair and sit your ass down and watch him. Seemed so simple and if Michael gurgled or something-- a death rattle maybe-- he could have called 911 then instead of watiting an hour.  >:(

I've also heard tell that Prince and Paris Jackson might testify on trial. I hope they do. Two teary eyed teens might sway the jury.

http://www.dawnali.com/lovinmysistas/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3586.0;attach=1494;image

I'd hate to see them cry, though.  :(

Tiff I was just watching the discussion on Conrad Murray,I think they'll send him to jail.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/27/11 at 2:59 pm

I hope they send that fool to jail. I was watching the opening statements and the sentiment I'm getting from the other fans I know is that the prosecutuion are very adamant and clear and well researched on thier claims and the defense are just waffling about like fish out of water. But i'm not going to get a swollen head yet. This is just the first day, and I plan to be there everyday to see how it goes and stay in contact with the other fans and see hwo this goes.

The main thing is justice for Michael.

And maybe a punch in the eye for Murray.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/27/11 at 3:27 pm

I dunno...

I kinda feel like there is a chance he won't go to jail.  It is not totally impossible that Michael gave himself an injection after he had taken a sedative. I've read that a trace amount of the drug, typically injected intravenously, was found in his stomach.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/11 at 7:45 pm

I dunno...

I kinda feel like there is a chance he won't go to jail.  It is not totally impossible that Michael gave himself an injection after he had taken a sedative. I've read that a trace amount of the drug, typically injected intravenously, was found in his stomach.

So maybe he gave himself the injection.  ???

Written By: Howard on 09/29/11 at 6:50 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEiTEYiWsIA

Michael Jackson's slurred speech on May 10th,2009,I listened to it over and over and that cannot be his voice,Does anyone agree? ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/29/11 at 2:28 pm

Oh, that recording didn't bother me. I've ehard Michael "high" or "drugged" before, from way back in like 1994. He sounded similar to that.

I think Murray might fry, because the logistics guy, Alvarez said there was basically no life saving equipmen t in the room to help Michael in case his heart stopped and it appeared Murray didn't even know how to do CPR, which is outlandish and ridiculous. And murray looked about sick the whole time.

Written By: Howard on 09/30/11 at 6:42 am

Oh, that recording didn't bother me. I've ehard Michael "high" or "drugged" before, from way back in like 1994. He sounded similar to that.

I think Murray might fry, because the logistics guy, Alvarez said there was basically no life saving equipmen t in the room to help Michael in case his heart stopped and it appeared Murray didn't even know how to do CPR, which is outlandish and ridiculous. And murray looked about sick the whole time.

Murray didn't know how to do CPR?  :o ::) shame on him,He could've taken classes on it and MJ would've been alive and well today but because of his stupidity,he is no longer around. :(

Written By: Howard on 09/30/11 at 6:46 am

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/09/27/165154-michael-jackson.jpg

To everyone who wants to view this do you think this is his dead body or just one of those fake dummies?  ???

Written By: nally on 09/30/11 at 11:54 am

I hope they send that fool to jail. I was watching the opening statements and the sentiment I'm getting from the other fans I know is that the prosecutuion are very adamant and clear and well researched on thier claims and the defense are just waffling about like fish out of water. But i'm not going to get a swollen head yet. This is just the first day, and I plan to be there everyday to see how it goes and stay in contact with the other fans and see hwo this goes.

The main thing is justice for Michael.

And maybe a punch in the eye for Murray.

I just hope they do what's right.

Written By: nally on 09/30/11 at 11:56 am

I think Murray might fry, because the logistics guy, Alvarez said there was basically no life saving equipment in the room to help Michael in case his heart stopped and it appeared Murray didn't even know how to do CPR, which is outlandish and ridiculous. And murray looked about sick the whole time.

Murray didn't know how to do CPR?  :o ::) shame on him,He could've taken classes on it and MJ would've been alive and well today but because of his stupidity,he is no longer around. :(

I agree; how did Murray ever become a physician without knowing how to do CPR? I thought they taught that in medical school.

Written By: Howard on 09/30/11 at 7:27 pm

I agree; how did Murray ever become a physician without knowing how to do CPR? I thought they taught that in medical school.

You have some really stupid doctors these days. They should take away his license.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/11 at 8:17 pm

They teach at the YMCA for free!
::)

Written By: Howard on 10/01/11 at 6:38 am

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/conrad-murray-mug-shot.jpg

Wow look what I found,he was indicted for domestic violence in 1994.  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/11 at 3:12 pm

You have some really stupid doctors these days. They should take away his license.  >:(

Read this guy's resume.

http://bestlifehealthcenter.com/about.html

He has a clinic near my house.  Claims to be able to get you off drugs in a matter of days and an 85% success rate. 

He also specializes in "age management" (prescribing testosterne shots), and "Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women" in a clinic in Pahrump, NV at his practice called the "Rock Star Medical Institute" http://www.therockstarmedicalinstitute.com/, and is pursuing a medical license in Dubai in addition to practicing in seven states.

Draw your own conclusions...

Written By: Howard on 10/01/11 at 7:24 pm

Read this guy's resume.

He has a clinic near my house.  Claims to be able to get you off drugs in a matter of days and an 85% success rate. 

He also specializes in "age management" (prescribing testosterne shots), and "Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women" in a clinic in Pahrump, NV at his practice called the "Rock Star Medical Institute" http://www.therockstarmedicalinstitute.com/, and is pursuing a medical license in Dubai in addition to practicing in seven states.

Draw your own conclusions...

Well he certainly won't be my doctor.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/11 at 1:20 am

Read this guy's resume.

In a matter of days
you'll be pushing up the daisies with Dr. Murray, that's why!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/02/11 at 3:33 pm

I don't beleive this. Murray actually had the nerve to hit a woman. I really hope he's puit in a cell with a big burly, horny man that thinks he has a pretty mouth!  >:(

I don't put anything past that man now.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/11 at 6:39 am

I don't beleive this. Murray actually had the nerve to hit a woman. I really hope he's put in a cell with a big burly, horny man that thinks he has a pretty mouth!  >:(

He'll get what he deserves.

Written By: nally on 10/03/11 at 1:56 pm

He'll get what he deserves.
Let's hope so.

It all seems confusing at the moment...

Written By: Howard on 10/03/11 at 3:35 pm

Has anyone heard the recording of Michael from June 24th 2009?  ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/03/11 at 8:26 pm

The proceedings are relatively confusing because the defense is pulling at straws. They keep stumbling and repeating themselves and useless questions in an effort to confuse the witness on the stand. It's so silly. And I keep hearing the judge saying "double negative" all the time. (Like. "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee)

It's ridiculous. I saw we pick a few of the fattest and biggest Jacksons, give them a baseball bat and lock them in a room with Murrass for a while.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/03/11 at 8:27 pm

I don't beleive this. Murray actually had the nerve to hit a woman. I really hope he's puit in a cell with a big burly, horny man that thinks he has a pretty mouth!  >:(

Doesn't surprise me in the least.
::)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/11 at 6:35 am

The proceedings are relatively confusing because the defense is pulling at straws. They keep stumbling and repeating themselves and useless questions in an effort to confuse the witness on the stand. It's so silly. And I keep hearing the judge saying "double negative" all the time. (Like. "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee)

It's ridiculous. I saw we pick a few of the fattest and biggest Jacksons, give them a baseball bat and lock them in a room with Murrass for a while.  ;D

or have Murray listen to Michael Jackson songs all day.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 4:56 pm

So, it was a mess in court todat, from what i saw before I felt dialysis. There was a parade of young whores--am I allowed to say that?--in court, 2 were Murray's exes and one was his baby's momma who is STILL WITH HIM.  :( Which is astonishing to me. Away fromt he trial, this woman saw Murray NAKED and I'd want to gouge my eyeballs out and set myself on fire.

What's worse, while the woman was carrying the demon spawn of Murray, she got to meet Michael Jackson. I dont' get it. She's with the Devil, and I'm here with no kidneys and never got to meet michael. Saw him once, never met him. And my best friend is besides herself with rage and all she wants is for Murray to leap from a rooftop. Into Heavy traffic. During rush hour.

I really want to see him go to jail, jail, jail. So I can dance dance dance.  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/04/11 at 6:42 pm

... this woman saw Murray NAKED and I'd want to gouge my eyeballs out and set myself on fire.

Who knows, maybe he's hung like a horse.  :-\\

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/11 at 7:16 pm

So, it was a mess in court todat, from what i saw before I felt dialysis. There was a parade of young whores--am I allowed to say that?--in court, 2 were Murray's exes and one was his baby's momma who is STILL WITH HIM.  :( Which is astonishing to me. Away fromt he trial, this woman saw Murray NAKED and I'd want to gouge my eyeballs out and set myself on fire.

What's worse, while the woman was carrying the demon spawn of Murray, she got to meet Michael Jackson. I dont' get it. She's with the Devil, and I'm here with no kidneys and never got to meet michael. Saw him once, never met him. And my best friend is besides herself with rage and all she wants is for Murray to leap from a rooftop. Into Heavy traffic. During rush hour.

I really want to see him go to jail, jail, jail. So I can dance dance dance.  >:(

Yowsa Yowsa Yowsa!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 7:20 pm

Who knows, maybe he's hung like a horse.   :-\\

;D

Doesn't do anything to help a face that looks like spoiled tuna salad! LMAO

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/04/11 at 7:26 pm

Really???  A little extreme, isn't it?  I mean it's not like he forcefully restrained Michael and injected him against his will.  Michael wanted drugs and sadly he was able to find a doctor willing to give him the drugs. I'm sure Murray wasn't the first doctor...I bet Michael had plenty over the years. Sadly Michael died but some of the blame lies with him...he was the one addicted.

I know you hate Murray but I find it very sad that you would drag his child into your rant.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/11 at 7:30 pm

Who knows, maybe he's hung like a horse.   :-\\

;D

Maybe he should've been the one taken propofol.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 7:31 pm

I regret nothing. His kid is the one that has to live with his father being the one who had a hand in Michael Jackson's death.

And even if Michael was addicted, Murray wasn't doing his job. He was supposed to WATCH Michael for reactions after he gave him that stuff--actually he wasn't supposed to give it in the first place--but he did and he let Michael die. He could have said NO when Michael asked for the stuff, but he was too greedy to have the restraint he should have.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/11 at 7:32 pm

I regret nothing. His kid is the one that has to live with his father being the one who had a hand in Michael Jackson's death.

And even if Michael was addicted, Murray wasn't doing his job. He was supposed to WATCH Michael for reactions after he gave him that stuff--actually he wasn't supposed to give it in the first place--but he did and he let Michael die. He could have said NO when Michael asked for the stuff, but he was too greedy to have the restraint he should have.

Exactly how in the eff can you walk away from a dying person and not give that person CPR? dumbass!  >:(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 7:58 pm

Thanks Howard.

I mean if you're a cardiologist, the first thing you'd know is how to do compressions on a human heart. Even I know how to do that and I have no interest in the medical field at all. But I've seen my mom close enough to death enough times to know a thing or two about it. And Murray was half assing it, with Michael on the bed and using one hand. It was ridiculous.

And as far as talking about the child, a child is always a reflection on the parents and vice versa. I'm not saying its nice or anything, that's just hwo it is. My mom has been in heaven for 3 years and people still kind of expect me to do things like she did. But thankfully, my mom was a good person. And so is my father. Neither one killed anybody. (Well dad fought the Germans in WW2, but he didn't kill any friends. And I'm sure Michael counted Murray as a friend of his.)

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/04/11 at 8:06 pm

Oh, come on!! Michael Jackson thought he could buy everything to make his life better...friends, wild/exotic animals, amusement parks, a new face, doctors to cater to his drug habits.  A normal person wouldn't require a general anesthesia for sleep. My goodness, that's pretty hard core.

sadly, Murray was doing what he was paid to do...administer drugs to a person who got whatever he wanted, when he wanted.  He shouldn't have died...he should have been in rehab.  Do I think Murray is greedy? Yes! Do I think he was wrong for prescribing the drugs? Yes! But he is not the only one to blame. And I don't think he intended for him to die.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 8:23 pm

Oh, come on!! Michael Jackson thought he could buy everything to make his life better...friends, wild/exotic animals, amusement parks, a new face, doctors to cater to his drug habits.  A normal person wouldn't require a general anesthesia for sleep. My goodness, that's pretty hard core.

sadly, Murray was doing what he was paid to do...administer drugs to a person who got whatever he wanted, when he wanted.  He shouldn't have died...he should have been in rehab.  Do I think Murray is greedy? Yes! Do I think he was wrong for prescribing the drugs? Yes! But he is not the only one to blame. And I don't think he intended for him to die.

I;m not saying Michael isn't to blame. He does have a part in it because he was addicted. But you have to know, addiction is a disease and it can take hold of a person and not let go. So perhaps Michael was just slave to his addiction. Well apparently he was. I will be the first to say he had some of the blame. But he's human and humans make mistakes everyday. He was mortal, flesh and blood. But he was also a man under alot of pressure with an unhappy child hood and tried to escape as much as he could. It was wrong for him to take things he didn't need. But we can't escape the fact that Murray was underqualified and failed miserably at his job. I'm not so far gone on Michael Jackson that I can't see his faults. I understand him. But it's Murray who is in the hot seat for making a regular comedy of errors with Michael's health. And he should pay for it because hasn't Michael already paid the ultimate price?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 8:29 pm

This is the way I break it down to my friends so they understand.

Michael is like a baby in a bathtub. A baby is weak and helpless and needs someone to watch them in that tub or they will be harmed.

Under the sedation, Michael was as helpless as a baby in a tub.

Now if a mother or guardian walks off on the phone for any amount of time and comes back to find the baby unresponsive or floating, they will be held accountable for thier doing.

Murray walked off when he should have been watching the "baby" Michael and when he came back from chatting up one of his tramps, Michael was basically floating. And he shoudl be responsible for being negligent. And I'll argue the point until I turn blue. It means alot to me because my own mother died because of medical negligence in a health care facility and it makes me upset that Michael was neglected and he died. I fought for my mother (she wasn't a substance addict, she was a a diabetic who died with a staph infection) and I'm fighting with all my friends for Michael.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/11 at 8:48 pm

I don't mean to be rude, it's just I am exceptionally passionate and loyal about Michael Jackson. You guys know me, I'm a big dork generally.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/04/11 at 10:40 pm

I don't mean to be rude, it's just I am exceptionally passionate and loyal about Michael Jackson. You guys know me, I'm a big dork generally.  :)

One dork to another, no hard feelings.

But y'know what?  Everyone in this picture was a consenting adult.  No kids involved (this time :).  If Michael Jackson wasn't mentally competent to consent to being injected with tranquilizers, he should have had a guardian, the same way someone might get power of attorney over their grandparent-with-Alzheimers.  But he didn't do that.

If he was only "like a baby in a bathtub" after the tranqs, well then, why should I stop when this fourth beer is gone?  (A 24-oz bomber of Imperial Russian Stout at 10% is four 12-oz beers at 5%... but tastes a hell of a lot better :)  Why not do five, six, sev-hell, I'm at home and not driving anywhere for a while, I'll just keep going all night.  And when my boss asks me why I'm not at work tomorrow, I'll blame my "illness".  And when, after a few years of that "lifestyle", my liver finally squirms its way and chokes me out at the brainstem (or vice versa!), I'll have my next-of-kin sue the guy at the grocery store who sold me the nth beer.  Because the first n-1 were totally not his fault, but that last one totally was.

Back to the case at hand. 

As a doctor, he's probably committed malpractice, but that's a civil issue.  (Same way as any bartender who serves someone who's intoxicated is civilly liable for everyone the drunk kills on his way home.  A good bartender is unafraid to cut off even his favorite patron - and a good patron never gets close to crossing that line.)

As a random citizen, the doc might be guilty of prescribing The Wrong Thing to The Wrong Person for The Wrong Reason, and the DEA can charge him with (pick a crime, any crime :) if it sees fit.

Calling what happened "murder" is (to me) ludicrous.  Charging the doc with involuntary manslaughter is really pushing it, but it might stick.  Intended to commit a lesser felony, screwed up.  Sounds more like criminal negligence causing death to me, but the distinction between those two crimes is admittedly murky.

Car Analogy Time:  Empty back road 50 miles from the nearest town, and a cop in an airplane clocks a guy on a motorcycle at 100 (120? 150? 200?) mph between two mile markers.  Calls ahead with the report.  The motorcylist is doing the speed limit when he gets to the next town where he's pulled over.  Should the cop who pulls him over charge him with speeding or reckless driving?  The answer may depend entirely in which state, or in which county of which state, the crime occurred.

(Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/11 at 10:55 pm

One dork to another, no hard feelings.

But y'know what?  Everyone in this picture was a consenting adult.  No kids involved (this time :).  If Michael Jackson wasn't mentally competent to consent to being injected with tranquilizers, he should have had a guardian, the same way someone might get power of attorney over their grandparent-with-Alzheimers.  But he didn't do that.

If he was only "like a baby in a bathtub" after the tranqs, well then, why should I stop when this fourth beer is gone?  (A 24-oz bomber of Imperial Russian Stout at 10% is four 12-oz beers at 5%... but tastes a hell of a lot better :)  Why not do five, six, sev-hell, I'm at home and not driving anywhere for a while, I'll just keep going all night.  And when my boss asks me why I'm not at work tomorrow, I'll blame my "illness".  And when, after a few years of that "lifestyle", my liver finally squirms its way and chokes me out at the brainstem (or vice versa!), I'll have my next-of-kin sue the guy at the grocery store who sold me the nth beer.  Because the first n-1 were totally not his fault, but that last one totally was.

Back to the case at hand.  

As a doctor, he's probably committed malpractice, but that's a civil issue.  (Same way as any bartender who serves someone who's intoxicated is civilly liable for everyone the drunk kills on his way home.  A good bartender is unafraid to cut off even his favorite patron - and a good patron never gets close to crossing that line.)

As a random citizen, the doc might be guilty of prescribing The Wrong Thing to The Wrong Person for The Wrong Reason, and the DEA can charge him with (pick a crime, any crime :) if it sees fit.

Calling what happened "murder" is (to me) ludicrous.  Charging the doc with involuntary manslaughter is really pushing it, but it might stick.  Intended to commit a lesser felony, screwed up.  Sounds more like criminal negligence causing death to me, but the distinction between those two crimes is admittedly murky.

Car Analogy Time:  Empty back road 50 miles from the nearest town, and a cop in an airplane clocks a guy on a motorcycle at 100 (120? 150? 200?) mph between two mile markers.  Calls ahead with the report.  The motorcylist is doing the speed limit when he gets to the next town where he's pulled over.  Should the cop who pulls him over charge him with speeding or reckless driving?  The answer may depend entirely in which state, or in which county of which state, the crime occurred.

(Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer.)

I'd push for negligent manslaughter with depraved indifference.  I think that's the maximum any jury could convict Murray on.  

I'm sure if Murray didn't sell Jackson the drugs, Jackson would have found a croaker who would.  That said, Murray is no less culpable for Jackson's death.  Should Jackson have had a guardian if he didn't know his ass from his elbow?  Yes, but when you have $200 million you pretty much do as you please until they lock you up.  However, Murray should have been Jackson's guardian inasmuch as Murray was a licensed physician.  A doctor takes you into his "care."  If a doctor is handing out operating theater anesthetics in private homes, he's acting as a drug pusher, not a doctor caring for a patient, IMO.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/11 at 6:26 am

This is the way I break it down to my friends so they understand.

Michael is like a baby in a bathtub. A baby is weak and helpless and needs someone to watch them in that tub or they will be harmed.

Under the sedation, Michael was as helpless as a baby in a tub.

Now if a mother or guardian walks off on the phone for any amount of time and comes back to find the baby unresponsive or floating, they will be held accountable for thier doing.

Murray walked off when he should have been watching the "baby" Michael and when he came back from chatting up one of his tramps, Michael was basically floating. And he shoudl be responsible for being negligent. And I'll argue the point until I turn blue. It means alot to me because my own mother died because of medical negligence in a health care facility and it makes me upset that Michael was neglected and he died. I fought for my mother (she wasn't a substance addict, she was a a diabetic who died with a staph infection) and I'm fighting with all my friends for Michael.

I agree it's Conrad's fault,giving CPR saves lives.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/11 at 6:31 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/05/11 at 1:49 pm

I looked in a medical handbook while I was in dialysis and read about profofol and some of the other things Michael had in his system. I like to be informed on stuff. And besides I always have three hours to kill in dialysis. Dialysis is such a waste of time.

But back on topic, even the damn book said that Profofol was supposed to be given in small quantities and the recipient of it should be monitored in a strict hospital setting.

Here's what bothers the hell out of me. Michael was pretty much paying for all this stuff. He was footing the bill. Not a dime came from Murrass. If all that particular medical equipm,ent was needed, why didn't Murrass open his mouth and say "Michael, we need this that and the other thing for when I put you down..." I'm sure Michael would have popped open a wallet or something, given him the money and say get it. No the SOB gets the cheapest things on the planet that don't even really work and are unnessceary. I discussed with my friends. There was only a 500 dolalr difference in the price of a pulse oxygen mearuere that made a noise if something went wrong. 500 dollars. Michael spent 500 dollars on his shoes, on toys for his kids. Hell I spend that much on eyeliner alone annually. 500 dollars would have been nothing to Michael. I bet his kids pet dog cost more than that. And think that small amount of money might have saved his life, if a certain murderer had spoken up. It's things like that , that contnue t make me cringe and turn blue with rage.  >:(

Stupid stuff like that.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/05/11 at 4:09 pm

I'm amazed that no one tried to help Michael...I mean he had family and so many people who loved him...where were they?  They all stood by as he was killing himself. Where were the other staff? His mother? His sisters and brothers? Weren't his children concerned for him did they try to ask for help from someone?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/05/11 at 4:29 pm

I'm amazed that no one tried to help Michael...I mean he had family and so many people who loved him...where were they?  They all stood by as he was killing himself. Where were the other staff? His mother? His sisters and brothers? Weren't his children concerned for him did they try to ask for help from someone?

Hold it.  I have to correct you there.

The family did try several times over the years to stop, so far as arranging interventions. They werent just "standing by". They were aware and trying to help. Unfortunately, like most addicts--I hate that word--Michael didn't really listen or take it. The way I see it is, Michael wasn't on a street corner jonesing for a crack rock or anything. He probably assumed that since he got prescriptions for things, he wasn't taking or doing anything that bad.

I told you I had a firm grasp of the situation. And I understand him. I saw my mother have the same problem with a particular medication that she also wanted to help her sleep, and she would literally sleep for DAYS, to the point she didn't know what day it was. Unlike Michael, though, who had a sheeshty doctor like she did, a friend and I WERE able to get my mom off that particular pill. And we probably saved her life because of it. I see my mother in Michael.  In some ways anyway.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/11 at 6:48 am

Maybe his children were afraid of the situation that they didn't know what to do for that moment.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/11 at 6:54 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Conrad_Murray_Trial/conrad-murray-trial-michael-jackson-audio-lost-childhood/story?id=14674700

And yet another recording from MJ taken May 10th,2009.

Written By: karen on 10/14/11 at 8:51 am

So I heard that the doctor had originally said Michael took the profofol himself.  He now admits that this wouldn't have been possible.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/11 at 7:30 pm

So I heard that the doctor had originally said Michael took the profofol himself.  He now admits that this wouldn't have been possible.

Well he did have to use the bathroom.  ::)

Written By: karen on 10/15/11 at 11:09 am

Well he did have to use the bathroom.  ::)

:-\\

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/15/11 at 3:08 pm

Of course Michael couldn't have taken it. He would have had to break the bottle open to get the medicine out.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/11 at 7:27 pm

:-\\

What I was saying Karen that he could've waited,help him first to revive him then use the restroom.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/11 at 7:27 pm

Of course Michael couldn't have taken it. He would have had to break the bottle open to get the medicine out.

Michael might have been too weak and fragile open the bottle.

Written By: karen on 10/16/11 at 3:38 pm

What I was saying Karen that he could've waited,help him first to revive him then use the restroom.

Right

Silly me

I was trying to link your statement with mine

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/19/11 at 10:15 pm

He probably soiled himself when he saw Michael was in a bad way. Hope he soils himself when the verdict is handed down.

Michael couldn't have opened the bottle. I couldn't have opened the bottle.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hz-xzK5Vy3c/Sl_FcuvWF3I/AAAAAAAAAAw/ZXpcqPlz74U/s320/propofol-200mg.jpg

I've handled bottle similar to this one because my mother and grandmother were both diabetics and insulin comes in a bottle like this. That little grey cap on top comes off and under it is the little white film you push a needle through in order to get the medicine out. There is a silver, heat sealed lip on it to keep the film in place. Now it's practically impossible to get this opem. i lived in a house with my grandmother from the time I was 4 until her death when I was 6 and we kept bottles like that in fridge and I would get into everything. (I burned my mouth putting a battery in it, I cut my stomah with a knife, etc.) I even handled the bottles of insulin when MDear needed a shot. Never once did i get the top off or did anyone else pull the top off. A needle went in, took out the medicine and the rest was placed back in the fridge for next time. My mom couldn't open it, my dad couldn't...no one can just pop it open like a can of soda. You'd have to throw the bottle to break it and get the medicine out. Unless Michael pulled some David Copperfield sleight of hand stuff, he didn't drink it...

Just wanted to explain that point.  ;D (My friends keep telling me I should be on the Jackson's legal team with all I know. I can't. I'd throw my briefcase at Murray and cause a coup.)

Written By: Howard on 10/20/11 at 7:13 am

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/02/05/alg_dr-conrad-murray.jpg

LOS ANGELES - A New York doctor slammed Michael Jackson's personal doctor Wednesday, telling jurors he undeniably caused the King of Pop's death two years ago.

Columbia University professor Dr. Steven Shafer said Dr. Conrad Murray acted more like an employee than a doctor when he pumped the sleepless, drug-hungry singer with the surgical anesthetic propofol without proper monitoring equipment, paperwork or backup medical personnel.

"At Columbia University Medical Center, we put patients first," he said, testifying for prosecutors in Murray's involuntary manslaughter case. "That does not mean doing what the patient asks. It means doing what is right for the patient."

He said Murray "egregiously" violated standard medical practice 17 times with his propofol use and because he left the sedated singer's bedside, failed to immediately call 911 and failed to disclose the propofol to paramedics and emergency room doctors.

"This did result in Michael Jackson's death," he said.

Murray has pleaded not guilty and faces up to four years in jail and the loss of his medical license if convicted.
His defense claims Jackson, 50, popped as many as eight lorazepam pills and possibly injected extra propofol while Murray wasn't looking, leading to his fatal overdose.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/11 at 7:15 am

He probably soiled himself when he saw Michael was in a bad way. Hope he soils himself when the verdict is handed down.

Michael couldn't have opened the bottle. I couldn't have opened the bottle.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hz-xzK5Vy3c/Sl_FcuvWF3I/AAAAAAAAAAw/ZXpcqPlz74U/s320/propofol-200mg.jpg

I've handled bottle similar to this one because my mother and grandmother were both diabetics and insulin comes in a bottle like this. That little grey cap on top comes off and under it is the little white film you push a needle through in order to get the medicine out. There is a silver, heat sealed lip on it to keep the film in place. Now it's practically impossible to get this opem. i lived in a house with my grandmother from the time I was 4 until her death when I was 6 and we kept bottles like that in fridge and I would get into everything. (I burned my mouth putting a battery in it, I cut my stomah with a knife, etc.) I even handled the bottles of insulin when MDear needed a shot. Never once did i get the top off or did anyone else pull the top off. A needle went in, took out the medicine and the rest was placed back in the fridge for next time. My mom couldn't open it, my dad couldn't...no one can just pop it open like a can of soda. You'd have to throw the bottle to break it and get the medicine out. Unless Michael pulled some David Copperfield sleight of hand stuff, he didn't drink it...

Just wanted to explain that point.  ;D (My friends keep telling me I should be on the Jackson's legal team with all I know. I can't. I'd throw my briefcase at Murray and cause a coup.)

Michael was too weak to open the bottle so he couldn't have done it. ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/26/11 at 10:14 pm

Well, I screamed when I saw the picture of that animal Murray. I refuse to recognize him as a human being because he signed off on the privledge the moment he let the life seep out of Michael Jackson. (I would post the picture of Michael's little cold blue dead and nude body here, but I don't want to disturb anybody) He just doesn't look like any body with emotion at all. I've only seen a show of emotion from that beast twice. And hell, I show more emotion when I stub  my toe trying to get to the bathroom at night. He's just a greedy, ugly, classless mongel and I desperately hope he gets what's coming to him. Because I wanna throw a g-dang MJ themed party.

http://mjphotoscollectors.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=39872&type=download

The animal stole THAT from the world.
I hope he goes to hell. Cause to the fanbase, he IS the devil.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/11 at 6:56 am

Well, I screamed when I saw the picture of that animal Murray. I refuse to recognize him as a human being because he signed off on the privledge the moment he let the life seep out of Michael Jackson. (I would post the picture of Michael's little cold blue dead and nude body here, but I don't want to disturb anybody) He just doesn't look like any body with emotion at all. I've only seen a show of emotion from that beast twice. And hell, I show more emotion when I stub  my toe trying to get to the bathroom at night. He's just a greedy, ugly, classless mongel and I desperately hope he gets what's coming to him. Because I wanna throw a g-dang MJ themed party.

http://mjphotoscollectors.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=39872&type=download

The animal stole THAT from the world.
I hope he goes to hell. Cause to the fanbase, he IS the devil.

So when is this trial over?  ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/02/11 at 2:50 pm

From what I've been hearing it could be all over as early as tomorrow afternoon--closing arguments will be made and the case will be handed over for jury deliberation. So we could have a verdict tomorrow afternoon, Friday or even Monday at the latest.

I just hope this doesn't turn into some Fonda, 12 Angry Men mess  and they stay tied up arguing for longer than the duration of the trial. And then spring the beast free.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 11/02/11 at 7:22 pm

From what I've been hearing it could be all over as early as tomorrow afternoon--closing arguments will be made and the case will be handed over for jury deliberation. So we could have a verdict tomorrow afternoon, Friday or even Monday at the latest.

I just hope this doesn't turn into some Fonda, 12 Angry Men mess  and they stay tied up arguing for longer than the duration of the trial. And then spring the beast free.  >:(

I think he'll go to jail and then they'll take away his license.  >:(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/02/11 at 8:10 pm

I just hope he drops the soap alot in prison.

Gosh I hope he goes!

Written By: Howard on 11/03/11 at 7:09 am

I just hope he drops the soap alot in prison.

Gosh I hope he goes!

when will they reach a verdict Tiff?  ???

Written By: nally on 11/03/11 at 3:08 pm

when will they reach a verdict Tiff?  ???

I heard on the news this morning that they might reach one tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I still hope the right verdict is made.

Written By: karen on 11/03/11 at 3:25 pm

I heard on the news this morning that they might reach one tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I still hope the right verdict is made.

It strikes me that this is one of those court cases that, whatever the verdict, some people will be unhappy

Written By: nally on 11/03/11 at 3:26 pm

It strikes me that this is one of those court cases that, whatever the verdict, some people will be unhappy
That's true, not everyone is going to be satisfied with it. The same can be said about other court cases.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/11 at 3:48 pm

Me too.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/03/11 at 6:01 pm

I'm just sick. SICK.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/11 at 6:40 am

The question is: will he or won't he?

Written By: karen on 11/07/11 at 2:28 pm

Result at 9 pm tonight apparently.  Though what time zone that is I have no idea!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/11 at 2:45 pm

Result at 9 pm tonight apparently.  Though what time zone that is I have no idea!
9pm tonight in the UK, or 1pm local time in California.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/11 at 3:23 pm

Guilty - Involuntary Manslaughter

for this they pre-empt Judge Judy  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/11 at 3:24 pm

for this they pre-empt Judge Judy  ???
Murray, 58, could now receive a maximum prison term of four years and lose his licence to practise medicine.

Written By: nally on 11/07/11 at 4:16 pm

9pm tonight in the UK, or 1pm local time in California.

Just found it out a little while ago.

I had a feeling...

Now he's scheduled to be sentenced later this month...

Written By: Junior12 on 11/07/11 at 4:43 pm

A jury in the US gets it wrong again.  Michael was a drug addict and yet not one of his family stepped forward to get him treatment because they were all hanging onto his financial shirt tail. He would have eventually died of an overdose of something.  If anyone would have asked MJ what he thought of his doc before he died he would have claimed he was the best doc in the world. Now that he's dead his family should take responsibility for their sons drug addiction. MJ was a drug addict way before he ever met this doc.

An addict with money can get anything he wants. If not Murray, someone else would have done it for the money. He's not guilty of manslaughter or murder. He's guilty of greed and supporting an addicts habit.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/11 at 5:19 pm

A jury in the US gets it wrong again.  Michael was a drug addict and yet not one of his family stepped forward to get him treatment because they were all hanging onto his financial shirt tail. He would have eventually died of an overdose of something.  If anyone would have asked MJ what he thought of his doc before he died he would have claimed he was the best doc in the world. Now that he's dead his family should take responsibility for their sons drug addiction. MJ was a drug addict way before he ever met this doc.

An addict with money can get anything he wants. If not Murray, someone else would have done it for the money. He's not guilty of manslaughter or murder. He's guilty of greed and supporting an addicts habit.

I disagree.  True, Michael may have ended up killing himself, but a licensed physician cannot be the vehicle that drives him  If not Murray than someone else.  You can argue that, but it is a lame excuse. 

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/07/11 at 10:55 pm

I disagree.  True, Michael may have ended up killing himself, but a licensed physician cannot be the vehicle that drives him  If not Murray than someone else.  You can argue that, but it is a lame excuse. 

Can't say its a lame excuse. Its true, if not for for Murray, it WOULD of been some other Dr. (if not Michael himself) that overdosed the king of pop.

Yes the Dr. should be charged and should be found guilty, he did wrong without question, but he was only acting on the behalf of Michael, and the reality is that Michael would of gone on the next Dr that was paid $150K a MONTH to dispense of said drugs, if Murray refused.

That doesn't justify the Dr's actions, but it does explain the circumstances and what happened.

Can we stop kidding ourselves? A drug addict is going to get what he wants, a RICH drug addict is going to get his drugs ABSOLUTELY.

I won't bring or blame his family into this, no one can really stop or take ownership of an addiction other than the addict himself however...

Written By: Howard on 11/08/11 at 6:30 am

for this they pre-empt Judge Judy   ???

It was important enough.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/11 at 6:30 am

Murray, 58, could now receive a maximum prison term of four years and lose his licence to practise medicine.

just keep him in jail before he does anymore damage.  >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/11 at 12:27 pm

Murray is on suicide watch, can't sleep...propofol anyone?  ::)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 11/08/11 at 5:46 pm

Murray is on suicide watch, can't sleep...propofol anyone?   ::)

The irony

Written By: Howard on 11/08/11 at 7:53 pm

sure why not.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/08/11 at 9:57 pm

...I'm sorry.

http://i.imgur.com/L06Be.jpg

Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm not sorry!  I'm laughing.

Check for new replies or respond here...