inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guess which classic horror movie is getting a remake now!

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/25/11 at 12:02 am

Stephen King's first-published novel Carrie is being re-adapted into a film (the original adaptation was that of Brian De Palma which was released in 1976). Technically, this is more of a re-adaptation of the original novel than a remake of the original movie based off the novel. Does that make sense?  ;)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77777

Subject: Re: Guess which classic horror movie is getting a remake now!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/11 at 12:27 am

Maybe they could get Michele Bachmann to play Mrs. White!
:o

Written By: Howard on 09/25/11 at 7:04 am

OMG,now they're re-making Carrie?  ::) :o

Written By: 80sfan on 09/25/11 at 3:33 pm

Let's all pour pigs blood on them for remaking Carrie!  >:(

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/11 at 4:12 pm

There was already a TV remake of Carrie, as well as a theatrical sequel called 'The Rage:  Carrie 2'

Doing another remake is just pointless, nad if it happens, I have just one thing to say to the producers ...

"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/15 at 7:56 pm

I have seen the remake and it is good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/15 at 8:23 pm

I have seen the remake and it is good.
How I sum it up as is, if you have seen the original, it is good, and if not seen the original it is excellent.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/10/15 at 1:30 pm

How I sum it up as is, if you have seen the original, it is good, and if not seen the original it is excellent.

You were, like, 19 or 20 when the original came out right? Did you see it back in the day in theaters? Did you like it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/15 at 1:40 pm

You were, like, 19 or 20 when the original came out right? Did you see it back in the day in theaters? Did you like it?
Yes, I can even remember which cinema which has now been demolished. I was impressed by the film, which got me (then) addicted to Stephen King.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/15 at 2:28 pm

I originally saw it at a drive-in double feature-Carrie/Let's Scare Jessica To Death. We arrived late and the only part of Carrie that I saw was the VERY, VERY end after the lone survivor (played by Amy Irving) woke up from her nightmare screaming and crying. That was it-I didn't even see her dream. I was totally bummed about not seeing it. So, we sat through Let's Scare Jessica To Death which I wasn't that impressed with. I can't remember how long it was after that before I saw the entire movie. I don't think it was too long-a week or so maybe.

Cat

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/11/15 at 11:08 am

I Know What You Did Last Summer is getting a remake. I doubt it will actually go forward. It will go into development hell. If it does really become a thing, I don't think the cast will be anywhere near as good as the original four (although Freddie Prinze Jr. isn't that great of an actor).

Check for new replies or respond here...