inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Amazing Race

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/11 at 1:10 am

Stiff competition this season. 

Two Olympic athletes
A boating champ
An ex NFL player
And two Survivor winners. 

When the people in the airport started talking about Ethan & Jenna did they think they still had a million dollars each? I mean they paid about 1/2 of it to taxes and it was several yrs ago. Hopefully they hav a good finance manager but maybe not. If it were meidbe broke by now.

The passport thing annoyed me.  I mean I know the producers need to not interfere and let "good" tv happen but it bugs me that  they just filed the passport lying on the ground while the team drove off.  Tho I dislike that team and wouldn't mind their elimination

Speaking of 'their' I wanted to tweet @rainstorms so bad and call him out for his grammatical typo on national tv.  ::)  his mom must be so proud.

Speaking of proud parents, I think the Chick who can't cpread Chinese but can copyist after 7 yrs of Chinese school might need to offer her parents a refund.  Imfairly certain she said Confusion Temple instead of Confucious Temple.  :-\\

Subject: Re: The Amazing Race

Written By: Dagwood on 09/26/11 at 7:15 am

I loved Ethan and Jenna saying they weren't telling anyone they were on Survivor...cut to the others talking about them being on Survivor. ;D  Did they really think no one would recognize them?

I can't stand the girls that lost the passport either.  I would love to see them not even be able to start the race because of it.

It was great how every one kept missing the clue in the shopping center. 

It will be interesting to see how the double elimination goes next week. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/26/11 at 8:05 am

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/11 at 9:57 am

I loved Ethan and Jenna saying they weren't telling anyone they were on Survivor...cut to the others talking about them being on Survivor. ;D  Did they really think no one would recognize them?

I know right? I mean they have been on Survivor, some version of Survior "All-Stars"  (ie All Stars, Fans vs Favs, and Heroes vs Villans) so yeah....people have seen them.... Jenna was never my favorite of her season and I never saw Ethan's original season but I've seen every season since Jenna's so I recognize them both.... plus Ethan is on all kinds of shows on E! promoting his charity and what not.  He was on freaking Celebrity Apprentice to give money to Richard Hatch's team on the first ep of Hatch's CA appearance.   ::)   Even if I didn't recognize them I know the names.... ETHAN & JENNA....COME ON!  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I can't stand the girls that lost the passport either.  I would love to see them not even be able to start the race because of it.

It was great how every one kept missing the clue in the shopping center.  

woulda been nice!!!

That was funny.....that poor couple.... oy! I was exhausted just watching them... it's amazing how much red and yellow you see in China....especially when the clue you're looking for is red and yellow!!!!!

Let's ask the guy in the red and yellow boxers!   ;D

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  

My final reply has been resized so Carol doesn't have to read it until she watches!  8)

It will be interesting to see how the double elimination goes next week.

yeah....hope fully the two teams who were in 9th and 10th place will be in 10th and 11th next week.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/26/11 at 12:09 pm

I'm so far behind on my stuff to watch that the show might actually be over before I get half way through it.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/11 at 12:28 pm

I'm so far behind on my stuff to watch that the show might actually be over before I get half way through it.  ;D

;D  

guess that means we can spoil it for you because by the time you watch you will have forgotten what we said anyway!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/26/11 at 6:36 pm

My final reply has been resized so Carol doesn't have to read it until she watches!  8)

yeah....hope fully the two teams who were in 9th and 10th place will be in 10th and 11th next week.

I agree

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/11 at 8:50 pm

We're slacking!

I was disappointed that Ethan and Jenna were out last week... I didn't necessarily want them to win but I would've taken top 4. 

It's crazy that the AR producers would expect people to actually read the sign I mean they couldn't see the big assed screen in the center of china with the yellow and red balloons on it....why would they see/read 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with 12pt font and like 27 words on it!  :D
I say the dudes and the showgirls got lucky on that one!

I am so sick of the brother and sister team....if i were the brother I'd push the sister off a moving gondola first change I got!  >:(

I was so mad at the NFL player for deciding to start a new challenge when basically all they had to do was grab a few more scoops of grass and go back where they just came from... I don't know how long it took to do the rice but I imagine it took longer than finishing the first task would have.....although, in hind sight, I guess doing it their way worked in their favor.

The dudes are kinda growing on me.... I mean when they were bike surfing and popping wheels on that ride....that was pretty cool...plus they have a good attitude.  My mom didn't understand why they helped the NFL team but seriously? the hubby's not that bright so I'm guessing they figure better to help the team they can most likely beat!  ;D

the father and son are quasi local so I guess I sort of like them too  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/17/11 at 6:19 pm

those snowboarders kicked ass last night!!!   :o  

they're growing on me... I'm rooting for them!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/17/11 at 7:03 pm

I am too.  I love them.  Their attitude is great.  The remind me of the hippies and the cowboys. 

I wish the twins had gone.  They were on my last nerve.  Read the damn clue and you will do better.

Written By: snozberries on 10/17/11 at 8:29 pm

I am too.  I love them.  Their attitude is great.  The remind me of the hippies and the cowboys. 

I wish the twins had gone.  They were on my last nerve.  Read the damn clue and you will do better.

Seriously.

I thought they were gone the way the producers put in the story about losing their dad.  Ever notice the team that goes home gets just a little more air time than normal (unless they become popular ie the boarders) they'll get plenty of airtime.

Yeah they are totally the cool version of the cowboys......they're the cowdudes  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/11 at 8:04 pm

I have approx 40 mins to go til the end but I had to come by and say I no longer like the boarders  >:(

The sister (who normally annoys me) has the right attitude O0

Written By: snozberries on 10/30/11 at 9:58 pm

Those poor kids. I wish I had the money to send them real toy trucks  :-\\

What the hell that was a pretty misogynistic comment dude from England  >:(
Just because they are female doesn't mean the women will automatically ace a sewing challenge.  ::)  Hell, most of the women I know can't sew.  >:(

Pinched yourself with scissors eh? I call that karma for being a chauvinist pig  :P

Written By: snozberries on 10/30/11 at 10:27 pm

God I wish that last team had moved faster.  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...