inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Netflix/Quikster debacle

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/26/11 at 8:16 pm

Anyone else pissed off/confused about this? I'm sure everyone and their mother has heard about Netflix splitting their disc-by-mail and streaming services into two separate entities. the mail service will be called Quikster, while the streaming service will retain the Netflix name.

Two entities means two different websites. Two different queues. Two different items on your monthly bill. Two different headaches.

What the fudge gives? If it were the man of the house, I'd drop the disc service and keep the streaming service at least until Power Rangers gets released on DVD or ends its Netflix run. If I want to rent a movie, there's always Family Video or Blockbuster.

P.S. Blockbuster is making a biggish comeback and taking advantage of the death of Netflix.

http://meanhood.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/netflix-envelope-295x192.jpg

RIP Netflix
1997 - 2011

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/09/medium_qwikster.jpg

RIP Quikster
2011-2011

Reed Hstings is so screwed right now.  :o Blockbuster, here I come.

Subject: Re: The Netflix/Quikster debacle

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/11 at 12:53 pm

We have never used the streaming so when they changed, our price went down. We will be affected by the new name. But, what is a name? Would a rose by any other name...

If the service is effective, we will find another outlet. If the service remains the same, we won't because we have been happy with Netflix for the most part. Our only complaint is some of the discs are scratched and doesn't play right but they always replace them.

Cat

Subject: Re: The Netflix/Quikster debacle

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/11 at 8:14 pm

All the Blockbuster Video stores in Canada recently closed down.  When the US chain went out of business, it left the Canadian chain some 80 million dollars in debt, and for each year, cost Blockbuster Canada some 3.5 million just to use the Blockbuster name.

Now I see ads on TV for Blockbuster online service.  I am so confused.

I wanna just be able to go and rent a movie at a store.  Screw all this online crap

Check for new replies or respond here...