inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sir Paul McCartney to get married for the third time

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/11 at 2:08 am

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney is expected to marry for a third time later by tying the knot with Nancy Shevell at a London register office.

New Yorker Ms Shevell, 51, is an heiress to a trucking fortune.

The wedding is expected to take place at Old Marylebone Town Hall, which is where Sir Paul married first wife Linda Eastman - also an American - in 1969.

She died in 1998 and Sir Paul, 69, split from second wife Heather Mills during an acrimonious divorce in 2008.

Mirror showbiz journalist Clemmie Moodie said she expected Sunday's wedding to be a low-key affair.

"Given his last marriage to Heather Mills obviously was a fairly lavish, spectacular do and look how that ended... I think this time round it's going to be a far quieter, more civilised affair," she said.

"It's just close family, a few friends - we believe about 30 people - so far more intimate."

Earlier this month Ms Shevell moved in with Sir Paul at his home in St John's Wood, London, where it is believed a reception will take place.

Ms Shevell, who was married for 20 years to American lawyer and political candidate Bruce Blakeman, became engaged to Sir Paul in May.

The couple began dating four years ago in the upmarket Hamptons area of Long Island.

Life-long Beatles fan Chiara Amato said she had sat outside the register office every day since September 29 in anticipation of the couple's wedding.

She said: "This marriage is going to last. She seems to be really nice and deeply in love with him. I have been listening to The Beatles since I was six-years-old. I have been to see Sir Paul in concert 27 times."

Sir Paul's eldest daughter, Mary, also married at the register office last year.

Ms Shevell is a board member of New York's transportation authority and vice-president of her family haulage firm.

But the wedding is expected to mean an end to her work in the family business and her leaving her position on the board of the transportation body.

Ms Shevell told the New York Post she would "love" the couple to live in the US but she would "probably" move to England after the wedding.

Subject: Re: Sir Paul McCartney to get married for the third time

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/11 at 9:37 am

Latest picture...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55935000/jpg/_55935441_jex_1193844_de27-1.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/11 at 10:35 am

Latest picture...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55935000/jpg/_55935718_013122327-1.jpg
Ringo Starr was a high-profile guest at the ceremony

Written By: King Tut on 10/09/11 at 1:41 pm

Getting married on "what would have been " John Lennon's 71st birthday.

I think Yoko's in Reykjavík at the "Imagne" peace tower.

Nice to see Ringo and Barbara still together.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/09/11 at 2:28 pm

Glad to see she is closer to his age and has her own money behind her.  Heather Mills just screamed "gold digger" to me.  May they have many happy years together.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/09/11 at 3:23 pm

Heather Mills just screamed "gold digger" to me.

You never see her with no broke singer...

Written By: Howard on 10/09/11 at 5:58 pm

Now let's see how long this will last before they divorce.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/11 at 1:24 am

Now let's see how long this will last before they divorce.  ::)

I hope this one's for keeps.  Sir Paul deserves a nice lady to have and to hold in his golden years.
:)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/11 at 4:10 am

Seems she is Barbara Walters second cousin.  What that woman will do or an interview.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/11 at 11:43 am

The volume had to be turned down at Sir Paul McCartney's wedding reception after a complaint from neighbours in north-west London, it has emerged.

Westminster Council said its officers dealt with a complaint about noise in St John's Wood at 01:30 BST on Monday.

"The volume was reduced on request," said the council's head of noise and licensing, Andrew Ralph. "No further action is being taken."

Written By: Howard on 10/10/11 at 12:47 pm

The volume had to be turned down at Sir Paul McCartney's wedding reception after a complaint from neighbours in north-west London, it has emerged.

Westminster Council said its officers dealt with a complaint about noise in St John's Wood at 01:30 BST on Monday.

"The volume was reduced on request," said the council's head of noise and licensing, Andrew Ralph. "No further action is being taken."

Was Paul singing his tunes?  ???

Written By: King Tut on 10/10/11 at 1:10 pm

Naw, Heather Mills crashed the reception singing "I WANT MORE MONEY..THAT'S WHAT I WANT!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/11 at 1:43 pm

It was reported yesterday that Paul would be singing some of the Beatles songs, his own songs, and will be singing a new song (having it's premiere) to celebrate the day, as yet with the title of the song still unknown.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/10/11 at 2:18 pm

This time is a charm...though Linda was McCartney's 1st Charm...the 2nd one was a bitch who deserves to get her other leg blown-up! (Sorry...needed to vent).

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/11 at 2:19 pm

Among those attending the party on Sunday night were Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, model Twiggy and artist Sam Taylor-Wood.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/11 at 2:21 pm

Macca is doing fine after allegedly dying back in the late 60's.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/10/11 at 5:21 pm

Well his bride is a member of my indistry... American trucking... So I have to say I have taken quite a fancy to her.

I could make all sorts of comments about how she can help Sir Paul with package delivery and whatnot, but I'll refrain.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/23/11 at 4:47 pm

Don't know how I missed this story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492314/Father-Maccas-millionairess-faced-Mafia-probe.html

Apparently Paul's new father-in-law is/was an associate of Vinny the Chin and Tony Pro.  :o

And Paul was dating his new wife while she was... well... somebody else's wife (though separated).  :o

On a sad note, one of her father's terminal managers, who graduated from High School with me here in Beater Beaver County, passed away yesterday.  RIP George...

Written By: danootaandme on 10/23/11 at 7:21 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492314/Father-Maccas-millionairess-faced-Mafia-probe.html

Apparently Paul's new father-in-law is/was an associate of Vinny the Chin and Tony Pro.   :o

And Paul was dating his new wife while she was... well... somebody else's wife (though separated).  :o

On a sad note, one of her father's terminal managers, who graduated from High School with me here in Beater Beaver County, passed away yesterday.  RIP George...

Trucking company....New York....well YUH!  The story of Paul dating her while she was married has been reported all along. 

Written By: Howard on 10/24/11 at 6:38 am

Apparently Paul's new father-in-law is/was an associate of Vinny the Chin and Tony Pro.   :o

Wow.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...