inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anne Hathaway cast in Les Miserables film

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/11 at 2:56 pm

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56142000/jpg/_56142281_56142190.jpg
Hathaway sang a parody version of Les Miserables song On My Own at this year's Oscars

US actress Anne Hathaway has been cast in the big-screen adaptation of the hit stage musical Les Miserables.

After months of speculation, the 28-year-old will play prostitute Fantine in The King's Speech director Tom Hooper's film.

Hugh Jackman also stars in the film as fugitive Jean Valjean, while Russell Crowe will play Inspector Javert in the retelling of the Victor Hugo novel.

The film is due for release on 7 December 2012.

Hathaway had been linked to the role for some time, along with Amy Adams and Britain's Rebecca Hall.

The Oscar-nominated star has had some experience with the musical. When she co-hosted the Academy Awards in February, she sang a parody version of the song On My Own to Jackman.

She also joined Jackman on stage at the Oscars two years previously for another duet, when he was hosting the ceremony.

Gladiator writer William Nicholson has written the screenplay for the film. Sir Cameron Mackintosh - who produces the stage musical - will also produce the big-screen version.

Hathaway is currently playing Catwoman in Batman sequel The Dark Knight Rises, due for release next summer.

Subject: Re: Anne Hathaway cast in Les Miserables film

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/11 at 8:09 pm

DEFINITELY party material...  :P

Written By: Howard on 10/19/11 at 8:39 pm

DEFINITELY party material...  :P

I agree with you LB.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/11 at 8:42 pm

I agree with you LB.

Something about her (besides her smoking hot looks).

She hath a way about her...

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/11 at 8:43 pm

Boooooooo lol

Written By: Howard on 10/20/11 at 7:18 am

Something about her (besides her smoking hot looks).

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...