inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My MJ Horror Stories...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/24/11 at 10:06 pm

Hey Y'all.  :)

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, but I'll put it here since this kind of offbeat. Lately, I've been writing a posting Michael Jackson themed horror stories to my fan club, and I was wondering should I share them here too? (I'd like to see what people outside the MJ community think of my writing.)If the response is nice I'll keep posting stories as i also post them to the Mj board. I've already posted about seven stories to the board and I have plenty waiting to be finished.

If I  should post here, please let me know and I will.

Also--is this the rigt forum for such a thing? LOL.

Subject: Re: My MJ Horror Stories...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/25/11 at 12:36 am

Nobody?  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/25/11 at 5:49 am

Hey Y'all.   :)

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, but I'll put it here since this kind of offbeat. Lately, I've been writing a posting Michael Jackson themed horror stories to my fan club, and I was wondering should I share them here too? (I'd like to see what people outside the MJ community think of my writing.)If the response is nice I'll keep posting stories as i also post them to the Mj board. I've already posted about seven stories to the board and I have plenty waiting to be finished.

I'd say yes... post 'em, or at least a hyperlink to the story on your site...  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/25/11 at 6:38 am

Hey Y'all.   :)

That's cool Tiff maybe you can post pictures from Thriller too as well.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/25/11 at 3:03 pm

Yay!  :)

Okay y'all! I'll post some of the stories. I'll just copy and paste them the way they are at the MJJE. Thanks and I hope you like them!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/25/11 at 3:07 pm

This is actually the second story I posted over at the MJJE, but I thought it would be a nice one to start off with. Enjoy!

Hey Y’all! I’m sure that at some point in your lives, everyone has played the children’s game, ’Hide and Seek’. The game’s rules are almost idiot proof. Someone counts while the players hide and  he has to find them before they reach a home base. Simple game right? When this game takes a supernatural twist, it’s anything but simple.

“A Kid’s Game?”
A Michael Jackson Horror Story By:
Tiffeny AKA Apollonia 1986

http://blog.nativefoods.com/.a/6a0112796f38d028a40148c70426f2970c-800wi

It was the beginning of summer in the year 1971, and Michael Jackson was a lonely little boy. Earlier that year, his father had gotten a promotion at the advertising company he worked for, and had to relocate his family from their home in Indianapolis, Indiana to a small suburb of Los Angeles, called Sandy, California.
Sure, the promotion and move had provided a lot of nice things for Michael and his older sister, Latoya--they both had large bedrooms with all the clothes they could have ever wanted, stuffed into closets, and a lovely, safe home in a good neighborhood. There was even a pool in the backyard.
The neighborhood they had moved into was one of the best in the town, boasting a lot of old families, with a lot of old money.
The only thing this wonderful neighborhood lacked, was children for Michael and his sister associate with.
Basically, Michael, who was almost thirteen, and Latoya, fifteen, had to amuse themselves during the day, while their father worked and their mother went out with friends from her Christian Ladies Club.
That particular Friday started like all the others before it, with the two siblings sleeping late, and having breakfast way after lunchtime.
Then they had dressed, and propped themselves on their front porch, a little transistor radio playing the Top 40 tunes.
Michael lounged against the closed front door, eating a popsicle and reading a comic book; Latoya was reclining in the porch swing and leafing through a few fashion magazines.
“Sis, I’m bored…” Michael announced suddenly, speaking around the plastic tube he was sucking his popsicle out of.
“I don’t want to have this conversation again, Mike.” Latoya rolled her eyes at her brother and sighed deeply, annoyed. “You know I can’t do anything about there not being any kids around. We’re just gonna have to wait for school to start up again, then we can meet people.”
“Yeah, I know.” Michael replied dejectedly and went back to looking at his comic, not really reading it anymore.
“Whatever.” Latoya, who had adjusted to the loneliness far better than her sensitive brother and sometimes felt sorry he was taking the move so hard.
Rising from the swing, she stretched and offered,
“I’m going in for a soda, you want one?”
“Sure, orange.” Michael called as she let herself back in the house, pushing him aside with the door.
“Dang, I’m tired of being by myself.” He whined to himself and started to crack his book again.
“Hey kid!”
Startled by the sudden shout, Michael looked up and for the first time since he’d gotten to Sandy, he found he wasn’t alone.
Standing a few feet away, on the sidewalk, were four children, all leaning against gleaming blue bicycles.
There were two girls, one with pale skin and long and wild curly auburn hair, and a smattering of freckles across an impish nose, the other a bit plumper, had dishwater blonde hair and serious dark eyes.
One of the boys was very tall and rose above the others, with dark greasy hair and eyes so blue they seemed to glow. The other boy appeared to be the fat girl’s little brother, he seemed much younger than the rest, with the same blonde hair and brown eyes.
“Are you talking to me?” Michael questioned, closing his book and setting it down.
“I don’t see any other kids!” The redhead called and the other children laughed.
“What do you want?” Michael was tentative as the kids tossed their bikes down and came closer to the porch.
“We wanna talk to you.” The tall boy was smiling and Michael started to loosen up.
The kids looked friendly enough and he knew he wanted a friend badly.
“You must be new, cause we know everybody in town.” The fat girl giggled. “What’s your name?”
“I’m Michael Jackson.” The happy boy introduced himself, glad to finally be socializing with new people. “And I’m new, we’re new…my sister and I just here from Indianapolis--Latoya!”
“Oh, neat.” The redhead chimed in. “I’m Elizabeth Haughton--everyone calls me Lizzie.”
She them pointed out the other kids. “And this is, Tina Lancaster, Bobby Andrews and Tina’s little brother, Ryan.”
“Nice to meet you.” Michael nodded, eyes dancing.  “Latoya!”
When his sister still didn’t come, Michael attempted to make small talk, though he still felt incredibly shy with a crowd around him.
“What do you guys do for fun around here?” He wondered, picking at his large afro. “I mean you’re the first kids I’ve seen.”
“Oh yeah, that’s cause most of the kids go off to camp in the summer. We don’t do camp, so we stayed home.” Bobby chuckled.
“As far as fun goes…” Lizzie ran a hand through her hair. “That’s why we’re here. Every Friday night, we go out and play Hide and Seek.”
“Hide and Seek?” Michael raised an eyebrow skeptically. “That’s a kid’s game!”
“Not the way we play it!” Grinning, Tina came up on the porch and placed a hand on Michael’s shoulder.
“What’s makes your way so different, huh?” Michael challenged, still not truly trusting them just yet.
“It’s a surprise. If we told you, it’d spoil it.” Tina was speaking and was interrupted.
“We play behind the old cathedral.” Little Ryan spoke up for the first time, eyes shining. “Every Friday night.”
Tina shot her brother a deathly gaze, but he smiled up at her just the same.
“Behind a cathedral? Isn’t that sacrilegious?” Michael wondered, gazing at Tina, then the others, a little skeptical.
He thought it was a little wrong to used the backyard of a church as his playground.
“Oh don’t get your drawers in a knot!” Lizzie blew a lock of her hair out her eyes. “We’re just playing behind the church, not burning it down or anything crazy like that! Sandy is boring and you gotta make your own fun in this town!”
All the children crowed and Michael even cracked a smile.
“So, you in or not Mike?” Bobby was now on the porch, with Ryan trailing behind him.
Michael contemplated the matter a moment. He knew he wanted to have someone besides his sister to hang out with the whole summer. It was only a matter of time before Latoya wanted to braid his hair.
In!”
“Alright!” Lizzie clapped her hands and the others were patting at Michael with approval. “You meet us at eleven o’clock tonight behind the cathedral. There’s a set of brick pillars with gargoyles on them, just come through there and that’s where we’ll be. Bring your sister too. ”
“Why so late?” Michael was shocked to be going out so late, since he was usually in bed by nine.
“Because, it makes things interesting.” Bobby slapped him on the back, sending him stumbling a few steps, as the other kids filed off the porch and back to their bikes.
“Okay! Bye!” Michael waved as the kids began pedaling away.
“Hmm…interesting.” He repeated the word to himself as he turned and went back into the house to tell Latoya about the plans he’d just made.
Interesting was going be an understatement by the time the night was over.

That Night

“Michael, I don’t know how on earth you managed to get talked into this mess!” Latoya scolded, as she walked arm in arm with her little brother down the darkened and quiet street.
“I got talked into it because I’m tired of sitting around doing absolutely nothing during the day because Mom and Dad are busy.” Michael hissed defensively, as he hated being reprimanded. He hated it even more when the one doing the reprimanding was a fifteen year old girl in a tube top and plaid bellbottoms.
“Now don’t you want to hang out with some people? They looked nice.”
“Whatever.” Latoya tossed her long hair and sighed with angst. “I just think it’s ridiculous to be out this late, to play some silly game. What do we do if Mom and Dad come back home before we do? They’ll kill us!”
“Now who’s ridiculous? You know Dad is still at work, finishing up that ad campaign for that hot dog restaurant and Mom is hosting that bingo game at the mission. They’ll both be out late. Calm down.”
“I am calm!” Latoya snapped as they jogged across an empty road.
A head of them, the old Catholic cathedral, with it’s sharp gothic features appeared ahead of them.
It’s ancient stained glass windows, the depicted Christ at different stages of his life were lit from within.
“Why is that church lit up?” Michael wondered more to himself than his sister, but she answered anyway.
“Probably a priest in there praying--we’ll need it if our folks catch wind of this!”
“He ain’t praying for us, we’re not Catholic, we’re Jehovah’s Witnesses!” Michael rolled his eyes at her as they came up the walk to the church.
As they snuck off to the side and along the length of the chapel, a window was open and through it, they could see a lone person.
Indeed it was an elderly priest, going around, lighting the candles on the altar inside, all the while reciting a prayer.
“…Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners Now, and at the Hour of our Death. Amen…”
Latoya stopped and was pulling Michael back.
“This isn’t right, Michael. We’re playing while that man is praying!”
Now it was Michael who was getting tired of Latoya’s complaining instead of what was usually the other way around.
“We won’t disturb him. Come on, the guys are waiting.” Michael didn’t want to be alone all summer, and that was the only thought in his mind as he tugged his sister along behind him.
As they came around to the back of the church, both children stopped, cold in their tracks and stared at each other in the dimness of the night, horror gripping both their faces.
Sure enough, there was Lizzie, Tina, Bobby and Ryan, all standing around in front of the two gargoyle topped brick pillars that Lizzie had told him about.
But it was what lay beyond the pillars that left both of the Jackson siblings speechless.
Behind the low brick wall, that was attached to the pillars, was an old cemetery and as far as the eye could see in the darkness, only lit by the light of a crescent moon were row up row of headstones.
“It’s a cemetery Michael…oh no! No!” Latoya whimpered as Michael, set on having a good time, no matter how gloomy and scary the surroundings, was yanking her towards the group of kids.
“They’re hoodlums!”
Admittedly, Michael Jackson was shaken to the core at the sight of the cemetery, but someone had to be the brave one since Latoya was crumbling like a stale piece of bread.
“Hey, hey! Look who showed up!” Bobby called as they got over to them. “Hi Mike! Is this Latoya?”
“Yeah!” Michael, glad of the attention was smiling and began introducing the group to his sister.
“Hi…” Latoya was nervous and it clearly showed on her face. “You guys play in a graveyard?”
She wasn’t pulling any punches.
“Yeah!” Ryan cackled. “Makes things interesting!”
“Aren’t you afraid of desecrating the graves?” Latoya wondered and Michael hung his head, ashamed. His sister was going to ruin his and her chances of having a group of friends to run with if she didn’t shut her big fat mouth!
“We’re just hiding behind the stones, not digging up the bodies! Relax, girl!” Lizzie was laughing and the other joined in. Even Michael.
Latoya was unphased by the chuckles at her expense.
“Well, what about the priest? Won’t he hear us and call the police or something?” She questioned and Michael pinched her out of aggravation.
“The priest?” Bobby doubled over. “Man, Father Finley is so deaf an H-bomb could fall out here and he’d never know until he stepped out and fell in the crater it left behind!”
Latoya looked around at all the grinning faces and eventually settled in on Michael’s. He looked so happy--for the first time since they’d come to Sandy.
Ah, it wouldn’t kill her to indulge him for one night, especially when it meant so much.
“Whatever.” She shrugged and satisfied, Tina exclaimed,
“Home base is the back door of the church, stay within the cemetery! New kids count to thirty!”
With that, the group of four scattered, the girls flying through the opening between the pillars, the boys hopping over the low wall and all disappeared into the night.
“Great! We’re it!” Michael was shaking his head dejectedly and went over to a pillar and began to count.
One…two….three…”
“Michael, we’ll be all night trying to find those kids. This cemetery is huge and I’m scared! What if we see a ghost or something?” Latoya whimpered and was sticking her bottom lip out like a child.
“Stop being ridiculous! There‘s no such thing as ghosts!” Michael chortled. “Seventeen…eighteen….”
“Don’t chastise me or I’ll knock the kinks out your head!” Latoya, enraged shook a fist at her brother. “Keep it up and you won’t see thirteen!”
Thirty!” Michael turned and winked at her. “See ya!”
With that he took off, leaving Latoya yelling as she scampered to keep up with him and not be left behind for whatever ghoul or goblins she believed was waiting for her behind every stone.
For the next hour, Michael and Latoya participated in no less than six rounds of Hide and Seek. Sometimes they were It, and the other kids also took turns as being It.
Michael was having the time of his life, running around, freely in the warmth and darkness, triumphing in finding the others who were hidden behind trees and large gravestones.
Latoya, who had once been scared and worried about breaking all sorts of moral rules, was just as giddy and gleeful as her brother, running around until she was breathless, thoroughly enjoying herself. She was even glad she’d come along.
Both of the Jackson siblings could see themselves hanging out with these nice--maybe offbeat--kids for a long time to come.
Finally, a little after midnight, Lizzie gathered the kids around at the front pillars and hoisted herself up onto a low wall.
“Okay gang, last round of the night.” She announced the warm breeze making her hair bounce. “Rules are the same. New kids are It!”
As the four children took off running, Michael and Latoya leaned against a pillar and gamely counted to thirty, before breaking out and running themselves.
To avoid losing one another, Michael and his sister linked arms and were laughing to each other, sneaking and peeking around the plain headstones, trying to catch their friends hiding.
“I’m having fun, how about you, Sis?” Michael wondered as they started up a hill near the center of the cemetery.
“I can’t believe it, but I am having fun, too. And I like those kids. They’re great. This is a weird thing to do, but I like it.” Latoya put a hand to her cheek thoughtfully.
“See, I told you! And they do this every Friday night. We get to this every Friday night! This is awesome!” Michael was jubilant and pumped a fist in the air.
Suddenly, Latoya grabbed his arm and pinned it at his side.
“Sis--” He started and a long finger was mashed to his lips, silencing him.
Look!” Latoya whispered excitedly and was pointing ahead of them.
A few yards away, loomed a large mausoleum, decorated with ornate and slightly crumbled angels. And scurrying around the side of it to hide was plump Tina.
Michael and Latoya looked at each other with an expression that clearly said,
“Let’s get her!”
Both took off sprinting, and Michael a far better runner than his sister was nearly to the squat stone building when he heard it.
Aaaah!”
It was an ear piercing scream, followed by what sounded like a thump and a low groan.
Michael skidded to a stop and hunched over to catch his breath.
“Did you hear that Sis?” He inquired and was met with sheer silence.
Turning in a circle and looking about himself, he saw he was alone.
“Latoya? Sis? Latoya!” He called surprised his sister was nowhere in sight.
Michael! Help me--I’m hurt!” Came the worried call, a few feet behind him.
Quickly retracing his steps, Michael found his sister.
Earlier they had passed a freshly dig grave, a shovel sticking out the pile of displaced dirt.
And six feet down, in the grave, Latoya sat clutching her left ankle and wincing in pain, dirt smudging her pretty face.
“Latoya! What happened?” Michael dropped to his knees on the edge of the hole and stared down at her.
“I fell! My ankle! I think I sprained it! I need help!” Latoya pleaded. Staring up at her brother, her face wild.
“Alright, hold on! I’ll get the gang!” Michael turned and cupped his hands around his mouth.
“Game over! Game over! My sister’s hurt! Lizzie, Tina, Bobby, Ryan! Game over! Come out y‘all!”
Several times, Michael shouted this and surprisingly not one kid appeared to lend a helping hand.
“No one’s coming! They must think we’re trying to cheat!” Michael scratched at his head, not sure what to do.
“Go get that priest!” Latoya instructed. “I don’t care if we do get in trouble for being out here! I need some help! I don’t wanna stay in a grave, for crying out loud! Get the priest!”
“Alright! Stay here!” Michael was off with a dash, Latoya yelling after him,
“Where the devil am I gonna go? I’m in a grave!”
Meanwhile, Michael was making it to the backdoor of the cathedral and when he reached it, he began pounding on it so hard, it was rattling on its hinges.  
A moment later, the door opened and old Father Finley stood there, holding a flaming white candle.
“Yes, young man?” He asked, white furry brows raising in amazement at finding a little boy out so late.
“Father! You’ve got to help me! My sister--she fell in an open grave and she’s hurt! Help us please!” Michael was nearly hysterical, pulling on the man’s arm and nearly ripping the long black robe he wore.  
Father Finley stared at the boy and holding up his hand, ambled back into the church and returned, carrying a large floodlight.
“Show me where your sister is!” The old man mumbled and Michael swiftly led the old man to the grave where Latoya sat.
The priest jumped into action, handing the light off to Michael and slowly climbing in the hole.
A short while later, he had managed to push Latoya out and pulled himself out.
Together, he and Michael carried the injured girl on into the cathedral and set her out on a pew.
As Michael sat trying to comfort his sister, Father Finley quickly ran and got some bandages to wrap Latoya’s now swelling ankle.
In the fuss of it all, she’d fainted.
“Now young man, before I call your parents to tell them you were trespassing on Holy Ground, I’d like to know, just what you and your sister were doing, running around a dark graveyard in the middle of the night?” The priest asked as he draped a soft quilt over Latoya. “You’re lucky all your sister has is a slightly sprained ankle. God forbid if she’d fallen on her head and snapped her neck!” He wagged a finger at the frightened boy.
“Father! I’m sorry! I’m not even Catholic!” Michael was so shaken he was near tears as he plead for mercy. “We were playing Hide and Seek with our  friends!”
“What friends? You two were the ones I saw in the cemetery.” Father Finley sniffed and was rising to his feet.
“Lizzie Haughton, Bobby Andrews, and Tina and Ryan Lancaster…they invited my sister and me to play. I guess they ran off when you came.” Michael dropped his head with shame and was speaking.
He kept expecting to hear the priest proclaim he was also going to call the other’s parents, but he was strangely quiet.
Wondering why, he lifted his head and peeped at the priest.
Father Finley was staring, open mouthed, at Michael, eyes glazing over.
“What?” Michael, unnerved by the glare spoke.
Grabbing the light, the priest motioned Michael after him.
“I want to show you something young man.”
Lighting the way, with Michael following, Father Finley began leading him back into the graveyard.
Just inside the brick pillars, behind the low brick wall to the right, he began illuminating the first row of headstones.
“Read what’s written on the ones I shine the light on.” Was all the priest said and shined the light on the first stone, in the shape of a heart.
“Oh my God!” The gasped escaped Michael and shaky hands went to his face. Michael couldn’t believe it. This couldn’t be true.
“Read it, boy!” The priest demanded and voice quivering as his heart was in his throat, Michael squeaked,

“Elizabeth Marie Haughton Beloved Daughter.
June 8, 1940- -August 19, 1953.”

The stone beside it was lit up.
“Robert “Bobby” Andrews. Cherished Son.
October 21, 1949--August 19, 1963.”

A third stone.

“Tina Rita Lancaster. Dearest Daughter.
September 28, 1950--August 19, 1963.”

And a fourth.

“Ryan Burt Lancaster. Dearest Son.
August 21, 1953--August 19, 1963.”

Michael dropped to the soft dirt.
“I…I don’t understand. That’s the names of all the kids I played with tonight…” Michael whimpered, the world seeming to swirl before his eyes and he felt sick. He stared up at the priest and grasped his hand to make sure he was at least real.
“You mean these kids are all…dead?”
Father Finley knelt beside Michael and draped an arm around his shoulder.
“I don’t know who you played with tonight, son, but these children have all been dead for years. I know. I was here when they all died.”
“They were out here, playing Hide and Seek like you said you were. But it had been raining off and on for the week before hand, and the grounds were wet and muddy. It was misting the day it happened. And just like your sister, Ryan Lancaster fell into an open grave. But this one had filled with water and boy had started to drown. Tina and the other children ran over and jumped in the hole to try to save him. I saw it happen from the back of the church and ran to try to help.
Just as I got to the hole, there was a clap of loud thunder, louder than I’d ever heard and a bright white flash of light. . That flash was lightening and it struck right in the pool of water the children were in. Electrocuted them all right there. It was too late when I got there. They were gone. Saddest one was the youngest boy--two days shy of his tenth birthday. His parents had been planning a big party for him. Instead they had to plan a funeral. I conducted the services for them and their heartbroken families myself. Saddest thing I ever saw. ”
“Son…” The priest was stroking at the back of Michael’s head as he began sobbing, overwhelmed with fear and confusion. “You aren’t the first kid I’ve found out here claiming to have played with them, and I’m quite sure you won’t be the last. Perhaps you did play with them. Perhaps they’re getting in one last game…I don’t know.” The priest sighed sadly and shook his head and helped Michael to his feet.
Michael Jackson may not have known who or what he’d been romping with half the night but he knew one thing, he didn’t want to ever encounter them again. He didn’t even know how to explain it to his sister.
Michael and Latoya never did return to the cemetery again and they never saw their four friends ever again.
They didn’t want to either.

The end!

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/25/11 at 9:45 pm

The end!

It's no "Cupcakes", but it's close enough to set off my creepypasta appreciation vibe, and it's the right time of the year.  Karma and MOAR!

Check for new replies or respond here...