inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adele cancels all 2011 live dates

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/11 at 12:28 pm

Singer Adele has cancelled all her remaining live dates and promotional appearances for 2011 after suffering continuing problems with her voice.

A statement on her website said she was undergoing surgery "to alleviate the current issues with her throat".

"As a result, doctors have ordered her to rest her voice and completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments," it said.

The statement added the singer was expected to make a full recovery.

Adele cancelled her 10-date US tour earlier this month after being diagnosed with a vocal cord haemorrhage.

The singer had been due to perform six dates in the UK next month, which had been postponed from September after she suffered from a severe cold and chest infection.

The singer wrote on her website earlier this month that she was "heartbroken and worried" by the ongoing problems with her voice.

"I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or I risk damaging my voice forever," she said.

Adele won best female artist and best track at Q magazine's music awards earlier this week.

Subject: Re: Adele cancels all 2011 live dates

Written By: 80sfan on 10/29/11 at 9:32 pm

Poor girl has stage fright! :-\\

Subject: Re: Adele cancels all 2011 live dates

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/30/11 at 11:49 am

Let's hope that Adele makes a full recovery after this break in the action, and whatever surgery she has to get done.

She's got one AWESOME voice.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...