inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ricky Gervais Back to the Golden Globes

Written By: danootaandme on 11/21/11 at 9:45 am

After the brouhaha last year over Gervais' skewering of some Hollywood hotshots it was surmised that he wouldn't be called back, ever.  Some were even predicting the end of his career.  Well, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S  BAAAAAAAAAAACK!  and promises that this year he won't hold back like he did last year.  Can't wait  ;D

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/16/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-host-mean/

Whether you love Ricky Gervais, or loathe the man behind The Office, Extras, and last year’s offensive Golden Globes ceremony, one thing’s for certain: You’re going to tune into the Golden Globes this year. Why wouldn’t you? Gervais made a splash hosting last year, cutting into the likes of Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, and the HFPA itself. But, clearly, members of the latter was not as offended as they seemed to be during and following last year’s ceremony, because Gervais will be back to host the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.

Subject: Re: Ricky Gervais Back to the Golden Globes

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/11 at 6:44 pm

Gervais was a fantastic host for the Globes.  People who know his brand of comedy, should not have been surprised of the outcome of his hosting.

Subject: Re: Ricky Gervais Back to the Golden Globes

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/11 at 6:47 pm

Gervais as MC does not bother me.  Besides, I only tune in to the Golden Globes so that I can watch... the golden globes.

Check for new replies or respond here...