inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ANOTHER Pawn Shop Show

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/28/11 at 7:33 pm

I just saw that the History Channel will be running another pawn show, called "Cajun Pawn Stars".  ::)

How many pawn shop shows do we need?  There's already Pawn Stars and 'Hard Core Pawn'.  What's next, "The Real Pawn Stars of Beverly Hills?" ???

The cable airwaves are flooded with copycat car repo shows and copycat storage bin auction shows.  WTF?

Subject: Re: ANOTHER Pawn Shop Show

Written By: Claybricks on 12/28/11 at 7:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Dan

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/11 at 8:16 pm

Is Hardcore Pawn still on?  I used to watch that often

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/28/11 at 8:57 pm

A couple of hillbillies staring at an old washing machine does not qualify as "history," IMO. 

BUT neither does the rest of the programming on History:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/168/051/alien2.jpg?1314644812

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/28/11 at 8:57 pm

Is Hardcore Pawn still on?  I used to watch that often

Yes, Hardcore Pawn is on TruTV (a.k.a. CourTV)

Written By: gibbo on 12/28/11 at 9:26 pm

This is pretty much all we get on our free-to-air tv these days.  Reruns of American reality shows. Those two Pawn broker shows previously mentioned ... plus car repo shows, Swamp People etc etc etc. It's hard to find any decent dramas. Oh wait ... what am I saying?  Wagon Train and Adam 12 were on just this morning... followed by Charlie's Angels. It was a bonus 'cos the girls had to infiltrate a beauty pageant (read swim suit competition)!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/11 at 6:54 am

I just saw that the History Channel will be running another pawn show, called "Cajun Pawn Stars".  ::)

How many pawn shop shows do we need?  There's already Pawn Stars and 'Hard Core Pawn'.  What's next, "The Real Pawn Stars of Beverly Hills?" ???

The cable airwaves are flooded with copycat car repo shows and copycat storage bin auction shows.  WTF?

I watch Hard Core Pawn once in a while.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/11 at 11:08 am

The reason why there are so many copycat shows is because they can't think of anything new. When a new concept comes out (i.e. Hoarders, Storage Wars, Deadliest Catch, etc) and it seems to be a hit-everyone has to jump on the band wagon.

What bothers me is that the so-called History Channel has shows which doesn't add up to history in my book. I'm not talking about Pawn Stars or American Pickers because I can see how history relates to the objects that are found/sold. It is very interesting stuff. But I'm wondering how history relates to Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People or Lady Hoggers.  ??? 

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/11 at 6:08 pm

The reason why there are so many copycat shows is because they can't think of anything new. When a new concept comes out (i.e. Hoarders, Storage Wars, Deadliest Catch, etc) and it seems to be a hit-everyone has to jump on the band wagon.

What bothers me is that the so-called History Channel has shows which doesn't add up to history in my book. I'm not talking about Pawn Stars or American Pickers because I can see how history relates to the objects that are found/sold. It is very interesting stuff. But I'm wondering how history relates to Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People or Lady Hoggers.  ??? 

Cat

Why should they think of anything new when they can make a buck off more o' the same old crap?
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/11 at 6:20 pm

Why should they think of anything new when they can make a buck off more o' the same old crap?
::)

I think you are on to something Max.  We need some shows about crap.

First there will be a show simply titled, "Crap".  On the heels of its ratings success, the Animal Planet Channel will produce "Dog Crap".  Then there will be a romantic/saucy spinoff from VH-1 called "Hot Steaming Crap".  BET will run a serial called "C-Rap fo' Real".  CMT will run a backwoods version in Louisiana called "Crap Creek".  PBS might get in on the action with a child's reading show called "Turds 'n' Words".  The possibilities are endless.

And finally, when somebody complains that there is nothing but crap on TV... they'll actually be telling the truth.   ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/11 at 8:10 pm

First there will be a show simply titled, "Crap".  On the heels of its ratings success, the Animal Planet Channel will produce "Dog Crap".  Then there will be a romantic/saucy spinoff from VH-1 called "Hot Steaming Crap".  BET will run a serial called "C-Rap fo' Real".  CMT will run a backwoods version in Louisiana called "Crap Creek".  PBS might get in on the action with a child's reading show called "Turds 'n' Words".  The possibilities are endless.

And finally, when somebody complains that there is nothing but crap on TV... they'll actually be telling the truth.   ;D

Always wanted to start a Canadian hip-hop station: CRAP Radio!

Written By: Howard on 12/30/11 at 6:45 am

or MTV's favorite " A Whole Load of Crap" ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/11 at 6:47 am

Always wanted to start a Canadian hip-hop station: CRAP Radio!

we play crap all day and all night.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/11 at 12:22 pm

http://www.boardgamecentral.com/img/misc/FactOrCrap.jpg

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/30/11 at 10:23 pm

The number one movie in America was called "Ass."

And that's all it was for 90 minutes.

http://robsmovievault.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ass_idiocracy.jpg

It won eight Oscars that year, including best screenplay.

- Time-traveler Mike Judge, from a 2505 documentary brought back to the year 2006.

Check for new replies or respond here...