inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fragmentary writing

Written By: yelimsexa on 01/26/12 at 6:23 am

A recent trend in the literary world is a concept where the effects of digital technology reflect upon how fiction is written. Since we've increasingly been accustomed to shorter and shorter pieces of text before an interruption, such as a hyperlink, reply, or even ad, many of today's writers are accustoming to a fragmentary concept, where some material is written twitter-style or is full of constant references to a subject. As people are increasingly giving up paper books in favor or e-readers, it also means that people will be trying to cram more things into a shorter amount of time. The days of longform narratives are at least taking a back seat in these days.

Subject: Re: Fragmentary writing

Written By: Jessica on 01/27/12 at 10:14 pm

k...

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/28/12 at 12:08 am

When one robot loves another dearly, and the second gets drunk and wears a short skirt, dubstep is the result. That's why I listen to it.

/138 characters.  How'd I do?

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/12 at 11:19 am

When one robot loves another dearly, and the second gets drunk and wears a short skirt, dubstep is the result. That's why I listen to it.

/138 characters.  How'd I do?

All I can think of now is Bender in a short skirt dancing to Skrillex.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/31/12 at 9:21 pm

All I can think of now is Bender in a short skirt dancing to Skrillex.

I'm pressed for time; will this meatbag do?

HIajLe8bAaA

"I will now perform my peoples' native dance!"

Check for new replies or respond here...