inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady snatches shirt from 14 year old tennis fan

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/12 at 2:41 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/teenager-had-djokovic-shirt-snatched-away-speaks-against-185203397.html

We wonder why kids these days are so lacking in basic manners.  Well, they're learning from their parents!  This woman should be ashamed...but of course she isn't.

Subject: Re: Lady snatches shirt from 14 year old tennis fan

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/01/12 at 2:59 pm

Her response was "Such is life"...b!tch!  :D

It's a shame how so many so called "grown ups" have no manners.

My son, 8 years old, was holding the door open for a grown man and woman (30ish) and they never even acknowledged his presence.  So, the quiet person that I am said "You're welcome" as they walked by...nothing...so I yelled "You're welcome!!!" and they looked at me like I did something wrong but never said a word to my son.  So I turned to Hunter and said "I'm sorry if people have no manners and are rude."

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/12 at 3:55 pm

Her response was "Such is life"...b!tch!  :D

It's a shame how so many so called "grown ups" have no manners.

My son, 8 years old, was holding the door open for a grown man and woman (30ish) and they never even acknowledged his presence.  So, the quiet person that I am said "You're welcome" as they walked by...nothing...so I yelled "You're welcome!!!" and they looked at me like I did something wrong but never said a word to my son.  So I turned to Hunter and said "I'm sorry if people have no manners and are rude."

At least you're raising your kids right. 

Written By: Howard on 02/01/12 at 7:40 pm

She should've at least gave him the shirt back.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/12 at 5:19 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/teenager-had-djokovic-shirt-snatched-away-speaks-against-185203397.html

We wonder why kids these days are so lacking in basic manners.  Well, they're learning from their parents!  This woman should be ashamed...but of course she isn't.

I actually saw something much worse happen at a Cubs game back in 1999.

My brothers, a friend and I drove to Chicago so we could catch a couple games at Wrigley Field. We were sitting about 7 or 8 rows up from the field, on the first base line about halfway between home plate and the dugout. Sammy Sosa was at bat, and he swung at a pitch but he just ticked the ball and it went almost straight up and then over the net behind home plate.

About 10-15 seats to the left and maybe 3 rows down from us, this goofy-looking guy in his 30's (who I'll call Goofy Guy) suddenly jumped up out of his seat, ran about 10-12 rows up the stairs behind him and then dove into the seats to the left of the aisle to go after the ball. He caught it, but when he came down he landed hard on a girl who looked to be about 13 or 14 years old and who was sitting 4 seats in from the aisle. (He wasn't a small guy either, he probably weighed around 200 lbs.) The girl immediately began bawling loudly and Goofy Guy just got up and started nonchalantly walking back down toward his seat, ball in hand, without showing even the slightest trace of concern or remorse for what he just did to that poor girl.

Meanwhile the girl's father, who must have just gone to the bathroom or concession stand, was walking back down towards his seat and saw the whole thing happen, and he started charging at Goofy Guy but before he could get to him he was intercepted by two stadium security personnel, who were doing all they could do to restrain him while he furiously yelled at Goofy Guy and called him a stupid motherf-er and threatened to kick his ass.

Goofy Guy went back to his seat and just sat there with this dumb look on his face while I could hear someone behind him say over and over, "Dude, it's just a baseball. It's just a baseball." Finally, after about 5-10 minutes one of the stadium security personnel walked down and said something to him. I couldn't quite hear her but I'm guessing it was something to the effect of, "You'd better get up there and apologize to that girl and give her that baseball or you can get the hell out of my ballpark."

Goofy Guy finally got up out of his seat and walked up the aisle with the security personnel and he said something to the girl and then handed the baseball to her, but it was pretty obvious that he really didn't want to.

It was one of the most insanely selfish and stupid things I've ever seen.  >:(

(And before anyone asks, no, Goofy Guy wasn't Steve Bartman.  ::))

Subject: Re: Lady snatch

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/12 at 9:04 pm

The woman has been identified as mother of three, Yael Rothschild.

Great role modeling, sis.  Teach your kids to be grabby little sh*ts too!
::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/03/12 at 11:17 am

I actually saw something much worse happen at a Cubs game back in 1999.

My brothers, a friend and I drove to Chicago so we could catch a couple games at Wrigley Field. We were sitting about 7 or 8 rows up from the field, on the first base line about halfway between home plate and the dugout. Sammy Sosa was at bat, and he swung at a pitch but he just ticked the ball and it went almost straight up and then over the net behind home plate.

About 10-15 seats to the left and maybe 3 rows down from us, this goofy-looking guy in his 30's (who I'll call Goofy Guy) suddenly jumped up out of his seat, ran about 10-12 rows up the stairs behind him and then dove into the seats to the left of the aisle to go after the ball. He caught it, but when he came down he landed hard on a girl who looked to be about 13 or 14 years old and who was sitting 4 seats in from the aisle. (He wasn't a small guy either, he probably weighed around 200 lbs.) The girl immediately began bawling loudly and Goofy Guy just got up and started nonchalantly walking back down toward his seat, ball in hand, without showing even the slightest trace of concern or remorse for what he just did to that poor girl.

Meanwhile the girl's father, who must have just gone to the bathroom or concession stand, was walking back down towards his seat and saw the whole thing happen, and he started charging at Goofy Guy but before he could get to him he was intercepted by two stadium security personnel, who were doing all they could do to restrain him while he furiously yelled at Goofy Guy and called him a stupid motherf-er and threatened to kick his ass.

Goofy Guy went back to his seat and just sat there with this dumb look on his face while I could hear someone behind him say over and over, "Dude, it's just a baseball. It's just a baseball." Finally, after about 5-10 minutes one of the stadium security personnel walked down and said something to him. I couldn't quite hear her but I'm guessing it was something to the effect of, "You'd better get up there and apologize to that girl and give her that baseball or you can get the hell out of my ballpark."

Goofy Guy finally got up out of his seat and walked up the aisle with the security personnel and he said something to the girl and then handed the baseball to her, but it was pretty obvious that he really didn't want to.

It was one of the most insanely selfish and stupid things I've ever seen.  >:(

(And before anyone asks, no, Goofy Guy wasn't Steve Bartman.  ::))

OMG.  What the hell is wrong with people.  >:( >:( >:(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/03/12 at 5:38 pm

I know. I really wished that stadium security wouldn't have caught the dad in time and that he could have ran down and just beaten the living crap out of that goofy bastard.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 02/03/12 at 6:58 pm

I know Ash, people are so stupid sometimes.

Check for new replies or respond here...