inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does everyone really want the internet to take completely over?

Written By: chunkofgreen1 on 02/07/12 at 5:21 pm

Subject: Re: Does everyone really want the internet to take completely over?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/07/12 at 8:46 pm

As long as we can get cheap electricity and cheap Internet-accessing gadgets, the Internet will triumph over other media.  If electricity gets very expensive as we deplete fossil fuels, or if minerals such as gadolinium and columbite become too costly, then the age of the Internet is kaput.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/12 at 6:41 am

Hey Chunk we can watch Tv, listen to music, read books and newspapers, talk to people via video phone and engage in chatrooms. I think it will at some point.

Subject: Re: Does everyone really want Skynet to take completely over?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/12 at 7:09 am

No.

Skynet must be stopped.  :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 02/08/12 at 7:20 pm

No.

Skynet must be stopped.  :o :o :o

What's Skynet? ???

Written By: wildcard on 02/08/12 at 7:26 pm

no there are days I cant get online and the reason seems to be that the rest of the world is online.  What would happen if we lost internet and all our stuff with it?

Written By: Howard on 02/08/12 at 7:46 pm

no there are days I cant get online and the reason seems to be that the rest of the world is online.  What would happen if we lost internet and all our stuff with it?

we would have to find some other way.

Written By: wildcard on 02/08/12 at 8:03 pm

we would have to find some other way.

really?

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 6:46 am

I think eventually within the next 10-15 years the internet will do just about everything it does for you.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/09/12 at 8:15 am

What would happen if we lost internet and all our stuff with it?

Three words:  Improvise.  Adapt.  Overcome.  8)

Written By: wildcard on 02/09/12 at 12:39 pm

Three words:  Improvise.  Adapt.  Overcome.  8)

OOOOOOOOOOOO krudola

Written By: Creeder on 02/09/12 at 12:40 pm

Sad to say, but I'm an internet addict. I should get help for this problem. :(

Written By: wildcard on 02/09/12 at 1:04 pm

I'm deaf in one ear and it seems the other one is working it's way there from already hard of hearing.  Sure things like coclear inplants help, but when the brain cant process information ( had a brain tumor at age 7 )  makes things funner.  Anyway, I love the internet ans it would work for me if everyone could contact me through e- mail,  but I don't think the whole world can be online every day.

Written By: Braeden on 02/09/12 at 2:05 pm

There's a refrigerator with apps that's connected to the internet.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 2:11 pm

Sad to say, but I'm an internet addict. I should get help for this problem. :(

I'm on the internet 14-15 hours on my days off.

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/10/12 at 8:40 am

If the internet ever does take over society, I'm sure we'll adapt. It's not the first time we as a species have had to adapt to major social changes, such as the Industrial Revolution.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/10/12 at 2:33 pm

I would be completely screwed over without the internet.

Written By: Troy Jeffries on 02/10/12 at 2:58 pm

NO!!!! ;)
Why? Remember the 2001-2004-ish Internet? It was so much better, so... clean! As the Web ages web junk increases.
Besides, it's no longer cool, it has lost its cool factor now that everyone and his grandma is on Facebook, etc.
I am using it daily since 2005 and I'm no longer exciited by it. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/12 at 3:33 pm

Ok, here is my two cents:

The internet is a great tool. What will the weather be like tomorrow? I need a recipe for pork roast. You can read the news-even watch it. Watch movies/t.v. shows, listen to music, play games, etc. etc. I do a lot of research on the net. If someone in my family has a medical condition, I can do some research to educate myself as to what the best option for treatment is. If I am going to make a major purchase, I research it & read reviews as to what others have said about the item and if is it worth actually buying. Also, in our business of buying junk & selling antiques, I do research to find out about items we buy and how much they are worth and how much we should sell them for. 

However, I don't want everything I do connected with Facebook &/or Twitter. I am not on either nor will I EVER (Sorry Q). It pisses me off that Google & YouTube are connected. I have a gmail account & a YouTube account and they are in different names. However, Google seems to think they should be connected. So, I can't keep my email open & do anything on YouTube because Google will sign me out of my email.  >:(  It is a royal pain in the ass!

But, yeah, I am addicted to the internet.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Tango on 02/10/12 at 3:47 pm

It's an inevitability. However, you will adapt to change, just as we are in a constant state of change. These are the early days of the internet, and I suppose instead of this pessimism we should have a sense of optimism that this can be a tool for improving the way we live. Of course, there is a chance that in the future that the internet will be peoples' main obsession or rather, something that rules their life but I don't really want to speculate on that, but i'm sure that people in the future will say "Look how primitive things were in the 10s! I'm sure glad we live in the modern world."

Written By: Howard on 02/10/12 at 7:28 pm

I would be completely screwed over without the internet.

The internet today is a part of life, almost everyone uses it.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/12 at 7:31 pm

However, I don't want everything I do connected with Facebook &/or Twitter. I am not on either nor will I EVER (Sorry Q). It pisses me off that Google & YouTube are connected. I have a gmail account & a YouTube account and they are in different names. However, Google seems to think they should be connected. So, I can't keep my email open & do anything on YouTube because Google will sign me out of my email.    It is a royal pain in the ass!

I have the same thing Cat, Google and Youtube are connected. Do you have a "Sign In" on the corner of your computer screen? ??? To sign in to your email, Youtube will automatically sign you in.

Check for new replies or respond here...