inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrity Wife Swap

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 4:38 pm

Um....it's like Wife Swap but with "Celebrities"    And I'm only making it a topic because I want to bitch about Antonio Sabato Jr's wife...

She is acting like a 16 yr old girl...What the hell!!!

okay so this woman swaps with some wrestler's wife.    AS jr's wife is a control freak who has a 6pg daily checklist taped to the fridge.....  she controls all aspects of the house.    The WWE wife? Not so much....

anyway during the swap (when the rules change) come around the WWE mom relaxes the rules... Antonio, thinking that the control was a good thing, sees the benefits in relaxing a bit....  when he brings i up she's all  what? Don't you love me? Why are you so mean to me? 

I know reality tv is scripted and stuff but, much as I LOVE Antonio, he's not that good of an actor.  ;)    and neither is she..... I think she really is a big whiny baby!

Makes me wanna go back and watch his reality dating show-

Subject: Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 4:48 pm

Why would anyone want to do that? I would be afraid that Carlos will think that there is someone better than I am.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 5:07 pm

Why would anyone want to do that? I would be afraid that Carlos will think that there is someone better than I am.  :-\\

Cat

I don't know- I mean it's become sensationalized a bit now- I blame Fox coming up with TRading Spouses- 
but.... when  ABC first started airing the show.... it was quite interesting. Basically they take people with two very different approaches to living, particular practices and just varying socio-economic issues.

It was quite interesting to watch.

at any rate the idea isn't to make the wives feel inferior it's just to give a glimpse into alternate pov's and maybe get you sucked out of your rut. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 5:45 pm

I don't know- I mean it's become sensationalized a bit now- I blame Fox coming up with TRading Spouses- 
but.... when  ABC first started airing the show.... it was quite interesting. Basically they take people with two very different approaches to living, particular practices and just varying socio-economic issues.

It was quite interesting to watch.

at any rate the idea isn't to make the wives feel inferior it's just to give a glimpse into alternate pov's and maybe get you sucked out of your rut.

I happen to like the rut we are in-well, the rut we are USUALLY in. Of course we are not in a rut right now...well, you know.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 5:46 pm

I happen to like the rut we are in-well, the rut we are USUALLY in. Of course we are not in a rut right now...well, you know.

Cat

I know.... 

the thing about ruts,  your general one not your current one,  is you don't really realize you're in one or that things could use a shake up/change....until you are forced to face it and see that change can be a positive thing.  not always but sometimes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/12 at 6:17 pm

Boy, TV sure has changed since the Waltons!
:D

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 6:38 pm

Boy, TV sure has changed since the Waltons!
:D

can you imagine a wife swap on Walton Mountain.....wait....did anyone else live on walton mountain?

forget it.  A wife swap would've totally worked on Little House.  Caroline for Mrs Olsen.... I'd totally watch that swap!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 6:41 pm

can you imagine a wife swap on Walton Mountain.....wait....did anyone else live on walton mountain?

forget it.  A wife swap would've totally worked on Little House.  Caroline for Mrs Olsen.... I'd totally watch that swap!!!

Charles would probably smack Mrs. Olsen. In those days wife beating was allowed-as long as the used the rule of thumb. They couldn't hit their wife with a switch any thicker then their thumb.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 6:46 pm

Charles would probably smack Mrs. Olsen. In those days wife beating was allowed-as long as the used the rule of thumb. They couldn't hit their wife with a switch any thicker then their thumb.

Cat

Charles was a peaceful man but Half Pint woulda kicked the shyt outta her shins tho!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 7:07 pm

Charles was a peaceful man but Half Pint woulda kicked the shyt outta her shins tho!  ;D

You are SOOOO right!

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...