inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whitney Houston Dead??????

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/12 at 7:11 pm

Seeing it reported on Yahoo, Associated Press, and TMZ.  Wondering if it is true......

Subject: Re: Whitney Houston Dead??????

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 7:11 pm

Seeing it reported on Yahoo, Associated Press, and TMZ.  Wondering if it is true......

It was a race to post....don't know which of us won.  ;) 

I'm wondering if it is too... but it's spreading like wildfire

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/12 at 7:13 pm

Eh, I'm sure the mods can merge the topics.  I'm seeing it on TMZ, and despite them being sleazy, they're usually accurate.

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/12 at 7:16 pm

Looks like it's true.  Just popped up as breaking news on CNN.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 7:18 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/whitney-houston-superstar-records-films-dies-15565063#.TzcTFoGwX0Q

SHOCKER!!!!!

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/12 at 7:26 pm

Whitney bit it?

Was it drugs? ???

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/12 at 7:58 pm

Whitney bit it?

No.  She passed away

Written By: Howard on 02/11/12 at 7:59 pm

Whitney bit it?

Was it drugs? ???

I don't know I'm so afraid to find out.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/12 at 8:29 pm

No.  She passed away

thank you!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/12 at 8:34 pm

God rest her soul.

Whitney Houston was one of the greatest stars of the past century. 

I'm stunned. 

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/11/12 at 8:37 pm

God rest her soul.

Whitney Houston was one of the greatest stars of the past century. 

I'm stunned. 

:\'(

In the mid 80's she was great.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/12 at 8:46 pm

I know she had a hard time with drugs and a rocky relationship with Bobby Brown.  Initial investigation found no evidence of drugs or drug paraphernalia.  They're not reporting any obvious cause of death. 

She had eleven number one hits.  Whitney had a sweet soaring voice and a beautiful physicality with a radiance coming from deep within.  You didn't have to be a fan of her style to appreciate that.  I remember when she became a superstar with "Saving All My Love For You" in 1985.  She was one of those universally loved pop stars...

I'm watching the story unfold on MSNBC.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/11/12 at 8:57 pm

No.  She passed away

Thanks.

Real Christian, Lyric'boy.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/12 at 11:36 pm

Xanax was found in her room.  It can cause terrible drowsiness when combined with alcohol.  She might have returned to her room intoxicated, taken Xanax, gone to sleep in the tub, and drowned.  It'll take up to eight weeks for the toxicology screening,so don't hold your breath.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/12 at 6:46 am

Xanax was found in her room.  It can cause terrible drowsiness when combined with alcohol.  She might have returned to her room intoxicated, taken Xanax, gone to sleep in the tub, and drowned.  It'll take up to eight weeks for the toxicology screening,so don't hold your breath.

Xanax is a sleeping pill so maybe she needed some calming pill to ease her anxiety.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/12 at 10:07 am

It can certainly help a person sleep.  Xanax is an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) drug in the benzodiazepine class of drugs, which can be lethal if consumed with alcohol. However, it is very unlikely to be lethal unless great quantities of both alcohol and Xanax are used.  I doubt it was an overdose on Xanax and alcohol.

Of course, with the "other drugs" they're talking about, it will be impossible to tell for sure until the toxicology screenings are complete.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/12 at 12:36 pm

http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Whitney-Houston-White-Swimsuit-1985.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/13/12 at 7:51 pm

It can certainly help a person sleep.  Xanax is an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) drug in the benzodiazepine class of drugs, which can be lethal if consumed with alcohol. However, it is very unlikely to be lethal unless great quantities of both alcohol and Xanax are used.  I doubt it was an overdose on Xanax and alcohol.

Of course, with the "other drugs" they're talking about, it will be impossible to tell for sure until the toxicology screenings are complete.

Lorazepam (trade name: Ativan) can absolutely knock you on your a$$.  I can easily see somebody partaking of alcohol and then the Lorazepam knocking them out.  Lorazepam is nasty stuff.

Combine Xanax, Valium, Ativan with an alcohol chaser and you're begging for trouble.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/12 at 9:15 pm

Lorazepam (trade name: Ativan) can absolutely knock you on your a$$.  I can easily see somebody partaking of alcohol and then the Lorazepam knocking them out.  Lorazepam is nasty stuff.

Combine Xanax, Valium, Ativan with an alcohol chaser and you're begging for trouble.  :-\\

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  I speculate her body was already compromised by long-term substance abuse.  She might have been a 48-year-old partying with 68-year-old insides. 

I've had Xanax.  It's gross.  It made me feel like my head was full of mud.  Valium and Klonopin are the good benzos, IMO.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/12 at 5:10 am

Whitney Houston's body has been flown from California to her home state of New Jersey, ahead of a funeral expected later this week.

A gold hearse took her body from Teterboro airport to a funeral home in her hometown of Newark, reports said.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 6:52 am

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  I speculate her body was already compromised by long-term substance abuse.  She might have been a 48-year-old partying with 68-year-old insides. 

I've had Xanax.  It's gross.  It made me feel like my head was full of mud.  Valium and Klonopin are the good benzos, IMO.

What did you take Xanax for if you don't mind me asking?  ???

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 6:52 am

Whitney Houston's body has been flown from California to her home state of New Jersey, ahead of a funeral expected later this week.

A gold hearse took her body from Teterboro airport to a funeral home in her hometown of Newark, reports said.

Wow a gold hearse?  :o How much did that cost?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/12 at 7:00 am

Wow a gold hearse?  :o How much did that cost?
No idea on the cost, but is an image of it.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01453/Whitney_Houston_53_1453283a.jpg

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 7:04 am

No idea on the cost, but is an image of it.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01453/Whitney_Houston_53_1453283a.jpg

That's gonna cost at least a million.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/12 at 7:10 am

http://cmsimg.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BZ&Date=20120214&Category=ENT&ArtNo=302140034&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Hearse-arrives-Newark-funeral-home-handling-Houston

Funeral arrangements for Whitney Houston are being made by Whigham Funeral Home in Newark.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/12 at 6:05 pm

What did you take Xanax for if you don't mind me asking?  ???

Anxiety attacks.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/14/12 at 7:23 pm

It's not real gold, it just a gold color.

Written By: Jessica on 02/14/12 at 7:29 pm

Anxiety attacks.

Those are soooooooooooooo fun.  Not. :P

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 7:34 pm

Anxiety attacks.

I took Anaframil and Prozac. (for my OCD.)

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 7:35 pm

I always wondered where her life could've taken her if she had married someone else besides Bobby Brown? ???

Written By: slim on 02/15/12 at 8:33 am

http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Whitney-Houston-White-Swimsuit-1985.jpg

that's BEAUTIFUL pic of her! She looked like a model.

<3

Written By: Howard on 02/15/12 at 7:36 pm

that's BEAUTIFUL pic of her! She looked like a model.

<3

and after that, she fell apart.

Check for new replies or respond here...