inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boy bands coming back to America?

Written By: Brian06 on 02/16/12 at 11:13 pm

British boy bands "The Wanted" and "OneDirection" are starting to make a splash in the USA. Is this a sign that boy bands are coming back?  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ggzxInyzVE&ob=av3e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

Subject: Re: Boy bands coming back to America?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/17/12 at 12:06 am

I heard the top video song, but not the bottom.

Maybe, but we need time to see.

Don't forget also Big Time Rush is one also.

Written By: Creeder on 02/17/12 at 10:14 am

Backstreet boys were legendary back in the day. Nothing will ever beat them.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/17/12 at 10:50 am

I don't think any pop boy band will be as big as Backstreet Boys and Nsync in a long time. The 1997 to 2002 era of boy bands were the peak of pop boy bands and even if there is a batch of boy bands again that are as big as Backstreet Boys or Nsync, it'll probably be another 200 years or something.

Oh, and don't forget The Beatles were and still are the biggest boy band of all time!  :D

Written By: Brian06 on 02/17/12 at 11:47 am

I don't if any music artist will ever be able to achieve that level of fame again, it really seems near impossible these days. Fact is the music scene is mostly based on cheap hits now and there's not many true phenomenons. 1998-2001 was the last truly great music era.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/17/12 at 3:27 pm

They must be stopped.

And I've got to stop them.  :o :o :o

http://gallery.fanserviceftw.com/_images/2cd38d3df9eb4ab1a04df561f5ed7d44/9992%20-%20animated_gif%20futurama%20machine_gun%20tagme.gif

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/12 at 4:55 pm

Boy Bands are still huge in Europe.  Back in 2006, when Take That scored a surprise Top 40 hit in Canada with 'Patience', I thought Boy Bands were going to come back in a BIG way to North America, but it didn't happen.  However, I still see Take That and Boyzone albums in stores

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/17/12 at 5:37 pm

Music is like the tide.  In and out, in and out.  Boy Bands have been in fashion, then back out of fashion, then back in fashion, then back out of fashion, since Rock and Roll began. 

Written By: Howard on 02/17/12 at 7:33 pm

Backstreet boys were legendary back in the day. Nothing will ever beat them.

Backstreet Boys were great.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/12 at 7:34 pm

I don't if any music artist will ever be able to achieve that level of fame again, it really seems near impossible these days. Fact is the music scene is mostly based on cheap hits now and there's not many true phenomenons. 1998-2001 was the last truly great music era.

Whatever happened to boy bands?  ???

Written By: bchris02 on 02/17/12 at 11:33 pm

We definitely need something, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys, I much prefer them to Katy Perry and Jessie J.  Music right now is a stale as it has ever been.  Things are definitely ripe for some new fad to start and take over pop music.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/18/12 at 9:30 am

Oh, and don't forget The Beatles were and still are the biggest boy band of all time!  :D

There is no comparison!  The Beatles were musicians, who wrote and played their songs, not some manufactured group.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/18/12 at 9:32 am

There is no comparison!  The Beatles were musicians, who wrote and played their songs, not some manufactured group.

Yes. ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/20/12 at 3:28 pm

Dang! I have got to wait 24 hours before I can karma you again! 8)

Written By: Slim on 02/22/12 at 1:04 pm

Meh, i don't think any boy band would be as huge as BSB and Nsync were. 1999-2001 was the peak.

Check for new replies or respond here...