inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What will music be like in 2015?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/21/12 at 3:14 am

I'm thinking it will probably be a lot better. Autotune and this rap obsession will probably be faded out by then.

Subject: Re: What will music be like in 2015?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/21/12 at 3:27 am

I think we will see a radical change around summer 2013.

Written By: Henk on 02/21/12 at 5:45 am

OK, I'll bite - before the younger generation takes over. ;)

I'm thinking it will probably be a lot better. Autotune and this rap obsession will probably be faded out by then.

There's no such definite thing as 'better'. Some people might argue that music wise the 1980s were better than the 1990s, while others firmly believe the opposite. In the end, it's all just a matter of opinion and taste.
I don't expect autotune or rap to have faded out by 2015, but it will probably be less dominant.

I think we will see a radical change around summer 2013.

I don't recall any radical changes in the past, so I'm not expecting to see one in (near) future. Everything will be changing gradually.

Well, those are my two cents. Now I'll leave it to others to argue that we're gonna see a fusion of post-post-post-grunge / chunk metal with autotune new wave, hiphop, rap and reggae into this new kinda music that will be...rock & roll. :D
(IOW: it's all been done before!)

Written By: Shiv on 02/21/12 at 7:51 am

soul-pop (ie Adele), indie rock and alt-rap. Upbeat lyrics. Backlash against autotune, emo and 00s rap. All in all, pretty much the opposite of 2005 music.

Written By: Emman on 02/21/12 at 9:16 am

soul-pop (ie Adele), indie rock and alt-rap. Upbeat lyrics. Backlash against autotune, emo and 00s rap. All in all, pretty much the opposite of 2005 music.

Even MTV seems to think some kind of indie wave will break out during the 2010s(with bands influenced by Vampire Weekend), akin to what happened in the early '90s with alternative rock. I'm starting to think the whole culture could be more sanitized, more classy, less profanity, so in a way(but maybe not completely) sort of a return to the pre counterculture 1950s/early '60s.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/12 at 9:40 am

Wait until 2015 to find out

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 02/21/12 at 8:52 pm

there is a theory that by 2030s, the world culture would be modest... so I do believe that the music would be less trashy

but as far as 2015 goes... I don't think we'll see the anti 2005....

Written By: Howard on 02/22/12 at 7:09 am

there is a theory that by 2030s, the world culture would be modest... so I do believe that the music would be less trashy

but as far as 2015 goes... I don't think we'll see the anti 2005....

That would be 20 years from now, Who knows what music will sound like by then.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/22/12 at 11:05 pm

I hate to admit it, but I don't see music being good again for a long time. Of course popular music will still be here for decades to come, but to be good like it was the pre-1999 era again? I wouldn't hold my breathe. I'm guessing music won't be good again until at least the 22nd century. Sorry to say to those of you expecting an earlier date for my response.

Written By: Creeder on 02/23/12 at 3:51 am

I'm guessing music won't be good again until at least the 22nd century. Sorry to say to those of you expecting an earlier date for my response.

That's a REALLY long time. But one thing is for sure - the rock era /1950s-2000s/ is over.

Written By: Howard on 02/23/12 at 6:53 am

That's a REALLY long time. But one thing is for sure - the rock era /1950s-2000s/ is over.

You'll never hear music like that anymore on the radio.

Written By: Dundee on 09/15/18 at 5:42 am

Like this:

m6MY0aNNTkE

I hope it answered your questions, people of 2012 :)!

Check for new replies or respond here...