inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DWTS Begins a New Season

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/12 at 6:13 pm

Dancing With The Stars (DWTS) begins its latest season tonight with the following cast of contestants...

Sherri Shepherd
Martina Navratilova
Melissa Gilbert
Maria Menounos  :-* :P
Gladys Knight  8)
Jaleel White  :)
Donald Driver ???
Roshon Fegen ???
Jack Wagner
Gavin DeGraw
Katherine Jenkins ???
William Levy ???

I'm quite smitten by Ms. Menounos and I hope that she goes the distance.  To say that she is "hot" would be a ridiculous understatement.  She's smokin.  :-* :P

With Gladys Knight on the cast, one can only hope that we'll see an appearance by The Pimps in an R&B-themed episode.  Maybe she and the Pimps could do Midnight Train to Georgia whilst one of the other contestants dances to it.  'Twood be cool for sure.  8)

Subject: Re: DWTS Begins a New Season

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/12 at 12:50 am

I haven't watched yet... I've probably only seen two or three eps.....ever.....but since I'm the proud owner of a Team Sherri Tshirt I guess I have to watch now lol

Be back later.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/20/12 at 6:47 am

Sherri did really well.  I don't think there was a single bomb tonight.  They all did really well.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/12 at 9:16 pm

Okay, it has been a while since this has been at the top.  We are a bunch of slackers. ;D

Loved KISS starting the show.  They should replace the band, who stunk up the set.  I know they have to have thy lyrics to the songs.  Messing up the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody should be punishable by losing their job.  They really blow this year.

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/12 at 5:05 pm

That Bohemian Phapsody performance was wrong on so many levels!!!

I don't know much about dancing but I hope Gavin or that dude with accent goes home. I don't like that sherri got low scores and even tho Melissa lacks confidence I wanna see her grow.

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/12 at 5:08 pm

Btw....at Paley tonight. Dag can you text me "You'll be happy" if Sherri is saved or "Dont watch" if she's eliminated? That's all I want to know. If anyone else is eliminated I'll watch it but if sherri is I don't want to be surprised.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/12 at 5:16 pm

K, will do.

I am afraid it will be Melissa, though.  She was taken away in an ambulance last night.  They didn't say why, though.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/12 at 7:32 pm

Maria Menounos is gonna go all the way this season.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/12 at 7:33 pm

I hope not, that would mean Derek would win.  I can't stand his smug face.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/12 at 7:59 pm

The lovely Maria has a partner?  Never noticed him.  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/12 at 8:38 pm

The lovely Maria has a partner?  Never noticed him.  :P

Why does this not surprise me? ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/12 at 8:38 pm

They just gave a shout-out to James Van der Douche.

I wonder if he and Ke$ha will do a duet later in this season? ???

One could only hope.    8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 9:46 pm

I don't like his face either.  Seriously.  It looks...pretend or something.  It's creepy.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/12 at 9:53 pm

I don't like his face either.  Seriously.  It looks...pretend or something.  It's creepy.

Good description.  Creepy. 

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/12 at 10:01 pm

Dammit....the goodbye speech made me cry.  :\'(

and the band closes the show with Another One Bites The Dust?  Classy ::)

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/12 at 1:23 am

I have no words....so Florida's gonna speak for me... >:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e08iD26Rj8

Written By: Dagwood on 04/11/12 at 7:05 am

It was sad. She was so devistated.  It sucks, she wanted to be there and was having fun with it. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/12 at 12:20 pm

It was sad. She was so devistated.  It sucks, she wanted to be there and was having fun with it.

I feel bad for not voting... I just found out I could've voted 10x per email and phone number... I could've, essentially gotten her 130 more votes.... probably not enough but still.

I blame the View... if she hadn't gone back to work last week she would've had more rehearsal time.  >:(

Have they ever done an All-Stars...like fave contestants come back for a second chance? they should if they haven't... I'm done watching so someone keep me posted on how the others do although I still have no idea who 6 (or so) of them are.

Also, Gladys was WAY WORSE than Sherri... and Melissa was WAY MORE UNCOMFORTABLE!  Sherri got robbed!

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/12 at 6:35 pm

My flash wasn't working so this pic didn't come out that well.. I gray scaled it on Fotoflexer but I'm happy with the quality. I'll fix it on photoshop later but too lazy to drag out the laptop...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/580194_10100758587710977_3623089_56640981_1049761426_n.jpg

BTW.....that tall ass shoulder behind me is Sherri's husband Sal....dude is a freaking TREE!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/11/12 at 6:51 pm

But you got Val.  That is awesome!

I blame the judges.  They ripped her for not being bubbly during her dance.  She was dancing the freaking Tango.  Not exactly a bubbly dance.  She was ripped off, for sure.

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/12 at 7:03 pm

But you got Val.  That is awesome!

I blame the judges.  They ripped her for not being bubbly during her dance.  She was dancing the freaking Tango.  Not exactly a bubbly dance.  She was ripped off, for sure.

did you see the view today? The audience was great... she started crying again...yes, she came to work today...you realize of course that the show taped in LA last night 6pm PST....ended at 7 and she was at work this am by, presumably 8am.... she had to be on air by 10 or 11 for their live broadcast... (I forget what time it airs in NYC)

of course I was thinking if all those damn audience people had voted...  >:( 
truth is I didn't know she was trouble. I didn't watch until well after the voting had closed...the minute I saw her scores I knew she was in trouble and I'd wished I'd watched earlier so I could've voted.... and I would've voted  oh well that will teach me to wait and assume the fun one is safe.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 04/11/12 at 7:49 pm

I didn't see the View today.  I can imagine she cried.  Out of all of them this season she is the one that wanted it the most.  To me, Jaleel looked like he had checked out and was just going through the motions.  It sucks.

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/12 at 7:53 pm

I am surprised Katherine Jenkins is on this season.  Of all the albums she has released (8 since 2004), she's had zero success in the States.  I'm not a fan of Opera music, but I have always enjoyed looking at her

Check for new replies or respond here...