inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Creepy Commercial

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/12 at 7:26 pm

Lately I have been seeing these ads on TV for www.BeenVerified.com.

The ad shows various mother figures, opining that they would not let anybody into their families' lives without first running a criminal background check on this website that they're hawking.

In another scene some chick says "I would never go on a first date with anybody without first checking them out on beenVerified.com".

All of this sounds pretty creepy to me.  How's this for a pickup line... "Hey baby, I checked you out at BeenVerified.com and you don't have many prior arrests.  Wanna join the Mile High Club?"  8-P

What say you? ???

Subject: Re: Creepy Commercial

Written By: whistledog on 03/29/12 at 7:29 pm

There are a few websites like these.  It's a scam, just like that QuiBids.com thing

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/12 at 7:44 pm

There are a few websites like these.  It's a scam, just like that QuiBids.com thing

Well here in Pennsylvania you don't really need to pay for one of those sites.  You can look up somebody's criminal record online for free.

My boss's daughter is getting married later this year to some dude who's been arrested for sexual assault(twice), indecent exposure(twice, pled guilty to one of them), false imprisonment(twice, pled guilty to one of them), involuntary manslaughter(acquitted, found guilty of careless driving, he was racing with two other dudes and one of them ran into a motorcycle rider, killing him).

My boss is a multi-multi millionaire and I am 100% sure that he's run a background check on this dude, he makes a point of knowing who's who.  I'll bet THAT was an interesting father-daughter discussion.  :-X

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/12 at 8:51 pm

Well here in Pennsylvania you don't really need to pay for one of those sites.  You can look up somebody's criminal record online for free.

My boss's daughter is getting married later this year to some dude who's been arrested for sexual assault(twice), indecent exposure(twice, pled guilty to one of them), false imprisonment(twice, pled guilty to one of them), involuntary manslaughter(acquitted, found guilty of careless driving, he was racing with two other dudes and one of them ran into a motorcycle rider, killing him).

My boss is a multi-multi millionaire and I am 100% sure that he's run a background check on this dude, he makes a point of knowing who's who.  I'll bet THAT was an interesting father-daughter discussion.  :-X

If that were my daughter, I would have made the dude disappear....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/29/12 at 9:30 pm

Who needs Big Brother when you've got Little Brother.
::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/29/12 at 10:07 pm

I've already done research on everybody here.  ;) :D  Can't waste my time talking to a bunch of criminally insane degenerates... oh wait...  ;D 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/12 at 11:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfnZMmOYws

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/30/12 at 3:04 pm

QuiBids is not a scam, they charge you to bid.  If something like an iPad2 (Which normally sells for around $500) is sold on quibids for $25.00, it means approximately 2500 bids have been placed on the item. At 25 cents per bid that means bidders spend $625.00 just bidding on the item which has easily payed for the ipad.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/12 at 7:26 pm

QuiBids is not a scam, they charge you to bid.  If something like an iPad2 (Which normally sells for around $500) is sold on quibids for $25.00, it means approximately 2500 bids have been placed on the item. At 25 cents per bid that means bidders spend $625.00 just bidding on the item which has easily payed for the ipad.

That's why it's a phony.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/12 at 7:27 pm

Lately I have been seeing these ads on TV for www.BeenVerified.com.

The ad shows various mother figures, opining that they would not let anybody into their families' lives without first running a criminal background check on this website that they're hawking.

In another scene some chick says "I would never go on a first date with anybody without first checking them out on beenVerified.com".

All of this sounds pretty creepy to me.  How's this for a pickup line... "Hey baby, I checked you out at BeenVerified.com and you don't have many prior arrests.  Wanna join the Mile High Club?"  8-P

What say you? ???

I guess some dates need a background check.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/30/12 at 8:08 pm

That's why it's a phony.

No, it's not phony. 

You bid, you win, you get the item.  Bidding will cost you though, but it is still cheaper that buying the same item at a store.

I wouldn't use it because I like to have the option to return or have an item serviced.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/30/12 at 8:33 pm

No, it's not phony. 

You bid, you win, you get the item.  Bidding will cost you though, but it is still cheaper that buying the same item at a store.

I wouldn't use it because I like to have the option to return or have an item serviced.

It's sort of like the the balloon game at the carnival. That crummy bunny is worth two bucks, but you'll spend fifty bucks in blunt darts to get it!
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3545337/boy_at_carnival_booth_throwing_darts_at_balloons_spm29011.jpg
If you want Suzie Smith to go steady, you better win her that bunny!
;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/30/12 at 8:52 pm

If that were my daughter, I would have made the dude disappear....

Yeah, I kinda wonder why that did not happen in the case of the boss's daughter's fiance.  :-X

Written By: europa on 03/30/12 at 10:47 pm

If that dude is my friend, I would never admit it.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 7:16 am

Wow there are 17 Howard Starr's out there.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...