inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Flying" scene NOT missing in Titanic IMAX 3D (Nevermind)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/07/12 at 1:37 am

Has anyone here seen Titanic in IMAX 3D today? If so, answer me this question...

Did you or did you not see this scene at all in the film?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/94932717/Flying_scene_Titanic_by_Sam_wyat.jpg

One of the most famous scenes in motion picture history... and not one second of it played when I saw the film in IMAX 3D tonight. Can anyone explain this? Did I miss it, despite not stepping out once?

If you saw the film, was the scene intact or removed? Nobody seems to be reporting on this. The Internet thinks I'm a crazy troll.

Thanks a bunch for your help. I am very confused.

Subject: Re: "Flying" scene missing in Titanic IMAX 3D ??? Confused...

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/07/12 at 12:27 pm

Nevermind. I just watched the scene on Youtube, and it is indeed in the IMAX 3D version. Oddly, all I remember from that scene last night is Jack and Rose dissolving into the next shot of the present-day ship.  :-[ :-[ :-\\ :-\\

My bad.

Subject: Re: "Flying" scene NOT missing in Titanic IMAX 3D (Nevermind)

Written By: Howard on 04/07/12 at 7:07 pm

Wasn't it after that scene that one of them drowned? ???

Subject: Re: "Flying" scene NOT missing in Titanic IMAX 3D (Nevermind)

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/12 at 7:34 pm

Wasn't it after that scene that one of them drowned? ???

yes howard... .immediately after Leo drowned the two of them got up on the bow of the ship and did that scene where they felt like they were flying

considering one of them was dead and the boat had sunk those effects were very, very special.  ::) 

Check for new replies or respond here...