inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yale, Drinking, Death and Priviledge

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/12 at 8:45 am

Last November a Yale student, driving a U-Haul truck loaded with beer, plowed into a crowd,
hitting three, and killing one person.  Per agreement with the state attorney general, the student was allowed to finish the school year before turning himself in.  Ummmmmmmmmm.........

Subject: Re: Yale, Drinking, Death and Priviledge

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/12 at 6:45 pm

Last November a Yale student, driving a U-Haul truck loaded with beer, plowed into a crowd,
hitting three, and killing one person.  Per agreement with the state attorney general, the student was allowed to finish the school year before turning himself in.  Ummmmmmmmmm.........

Well we mustn't interfere with his schooling.  :D

Was he drunk at the time? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/05/12 at 7:22 pm

You shouldn't drink and drive, he should've learned.  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/12 at 9:16 pm

Gee, I wonder who his daddy was...  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/12 at 11:51 pm

You shouldn't drink and drive, he should've learned.  ::)

Last November a Yale student, driving a U-Haul truck loaded with beer, plowed into a crowd

What Howard said!
:D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/12 at 12:02 am

As my drunk friends would say 'Don't drenk and driee'!  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/12 at 12:20 am

We used to sneak them in under our jackets.  I never thought of a U-Haul truck!
:-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/12 at 12:24 am

Somewhere among all the junk I've accumulated over the years is a bota bag that was a hand-me-down from my older brothers and sisters and has successfully sneaked hard alcohol in to God-knows-how-many rock concerts and Nebraska football games.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/12 at 1:44 am

Somewhere among all the junk I've accumulated over the years is a bota bag that was a hand-me-down from my older brothers and sisters and has successfully sneaked hard alcohol in to God-knows-how-many rock concerts and Nebraska football games.  ;D

What were they, Basque shepherds?
8)

Written By: Howard on 05/06/12 at 7:02 am

And what if was loaded with milk would they have cookies on hand?  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/12 at 7:04 am

How much beer?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/12 at 4:43 pm

What were they, Basque shepherds?
8)

No, they were just typical resourceful late-70's/early 80's teenagers.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/12 at 11:36 am

It was the Harvard/Yale football game.  A U-Haul full of kegs for the tailgate party. Yale now figures it isn't such a good idea to let U-Hauls full of beer kegs driven by frat boys on their way to a party in a parking lot isn't such a good idea.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/12 at 4:19 pm

It was the Harvard/Yale football game.  A U-Haul full of kegs for the tailgate party. Yale now figures it isn't such a good idea to let U-Hauls full of beer kegs driven by frat boys on their way to a party in a parking lot isn't such a good idea.  ::)

"My advice to you is to start drinking, heavily."

-- Otter

http://images.wikia.com/animalhouse/images/d/de/3260736993_0c46550b09_(2).jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/07/12 at 4:21 pm

Hell, they should have just hired me to haul that beer in, because I'm a per-fessional!  :D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/12 at 6:09 pm

Hell, they should have just hired me to haul that beer in, because I'm a per-fessional!  :D

You should be here every August when they are moving in.  There's always one that doesn't quite get why they give you a height on the truck.  ;D

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/epic-fail-moving-truck-fail.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/07/12 at 7:15 pm

you'd probably start drinking some.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/12 at 8:33 pm

You should be here every August when they are moving in.  There's always one that doesn't quite get why they give you a height on the truck.  ;D

And the height of the crossings!
http://media.masslive.com/republican/photo/8515287-large.jpg
The old railroad bridge in Northampton is a truck magnet.  They finally put up enough signs on Route 9 to alert truckers on the nod!
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/12 at 8:47 pm

Agreed, but that's because U-Haul's fleet of rental trucks is widely regarded as being poorly-maintained.  If the truck is the thing that was loaded with beer and the driver was sober, what was the charge?

Check for new replies or respond here...