inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Indie band picks up John Waters hitchhiking in the middle of Ohio

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/16/12 at 8:02 pm

Hitchhiking Director John Waters Picked Up In Ohio By Indie Rock Band

Earlier this afternoon, somewhere "in the middle of Ohio," groundbreaking indie director John Waters was found hitchhiking on the side of a road. We're trying to find out just what the Baltimore-based director of Pink Flamingos was doing begging for a lift in the middle of the Buckeye State—indie rock band Here We Go Magic says they picked him up! And he's currently riding around in their van.

I didn't even know people still hitchhiked. Let alone famous directors.

Subject: Re: Indie band picks up John Waters hitchhiking in the middle of Ohio

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/12 at 9:36 pm

Hitchhiking Director John Waters Picked Up In Ohio By Indie Rock Band

Earlier this afternoon, somewhere "in the middle of Ohio," groundbreaking indie director John Waters was found hitchhiking on the side of a road. We're trying to find out just what the Baltimore-based director of Pink Flamingos was doing begging for a lift in the middle of the Buckeye State—indie rock band Here We Go Magic says they picked him up! And he's currently riding around in their van.

I didn't even know people still hitchhiked. Let alone famous directors.

Publicity stunt. 

If you saw John Waters hitchhiking and you didn't know John Waters, would you pick him up?
8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/16/12 at 10:31 pm

Publicity stunt. 

If you saw John Waters hitchhiking and you didn't know John Waters, would you pick him up?
8)

“To me, beauty is looks you can never forget. A face should jolt, not soothe.”
― John Waters, Shock Value: A Tasteful Book About Bad Taste

I would.  I think he's really insanely brilliant.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/18/12 at 2:50 pm

Touring indie band picks up hitchhiker who looks like John Waters. It was John Waters.

He was like, "I have a lot of control in my life and I just wanted to let go of the reins a little bit, have an adventure."

It's gotta be hard to do that when you're still well known.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/01/12 at 5:35 am

Touring indie band picks up hitchhiker who looks like John Waters. It was John Waters.

He was like, "I have a lot of control in my life and I just wanted to let go of the reins a little bit, have an adventure."

It's gotta be hard to do that when you're still well known.

His name and face are known, but not really well known.  It isn't like he is Clint Eastwood.  If he went into most cities in the USA he could walk around completely anonymous, even give his name, and most people wouldn't know who he was.  If someone pointed him out it would elicit an "oh, yeeaaaahhh"  but that's pretty much it.

Check for new replies or respond here...