inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is this forum dead?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 05/30/12 at 6:10 pm

Outside of the OMG Decadeology Nostalgia thread, this place seems REALLY dead compared even with say a year ago...At least one of the moderators (Brian) hasn't even signed in in a month...Is this forum dying?

Subject: Re: Is this forum dead?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/12 at 6:18 pm

There has been a lot of activity. I guess you need to know WHERE to look. If you go to the Playful Penguin Place, the Writing On The Walrus, or More Than A Decade you will see a lot of activity. In fact, I think just within the last week there have been a lot of new threads. (Thanks, Quirk.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: Ryan112390 on 05/30/12 at 6:33 pm

There has been a lot of activity. I guess you need to know WHERE to look. If you go to the Playful Penguin Place, the Writing On The Walrus, or More Than A Decade you will see a lot of activity. In fact, I think just within the last week there have been a lot of new threads. (Thanks, Quirk.  ;) )

Cat

Yes but I mean the decade sections, which to me are the foundations of this forum.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/12 at 6:34 pm

Also, everyone always seem to think this board is dying but I have been here for about 10 years now and it still KICKS ASS!!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=43616

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=20654

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/30/12 at 7:34 pm

I've been here close to 12 years and there has been some inactivity but you have to go to the forums which have a lot of activity.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/12 at 10:03 pm

Yes but I mean the decade sections, which to me are the foundations of this forum.

It's not all about the decades, maybe you need to just branch out a bit. Explore the unknown. :D

Written By: Henk on 05/31/12 at 5:26 am

Outside of the OMG Decadeology Nostalgia thread, this place seems REALLY dead compared even with say a year ago...At least one of the moderators (Brian) hasn't even signed in in a month...Is this forum dying?

It is if you let it. ;)

Curious...what is it that you want/expect from us (apart from decadeology, 'cause you're not getting that)?  ???
And no offense, but I see you yourself have made 685 posts in just over 3 years... I mean, that's not helping (much).

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/12 at 5:33 am

Where else could you get 35 replies about a handbag?

Or read posts about a kid who wants you to give him money for an iPod because his mean mother won't?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 6:53 am

Where else could you get 35 replies about a handbag?

Or read posts about a kid who wants you to give him money for an iPod because his mean mother won't?  ;D

or where you want to have a laugh about my experiences with women.  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/12 at 7:53 am

or where you want to have a laugh about my experiences with women.  ;D

or lack therein

Written By: karen on 05/31/12 at 10:06 am

or find out how quickly a thread on any subject becomes a thread about Howard

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/12 at 10:25 am

Or ponies!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/Extra/psiv1.jpg

GOTCHA!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/12 at 11:34 am

or lack therein

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 11:39 am

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Oh Noez!!! You posted only smilies!!!! It was u they spoke of! You non-contributing culprit you!  >:(

Just kidding  ;) ;D

Maybe it was me!!!!  :P :D

Written By: meesa on 05/31/12 at 12:30 pm

This place beats Facebook and Twitter by a country mile for me-and there is so much diversity here that I can't see it dying.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/12 at 1:17 pm

This place beats Facebook and Twitter by a country mile for me-and there is so much diversity here that I can't see it dying.

Funny thing, is that when the site was busier about 8 years ago, people complained there were too many active threads. Now it's the opposite.  A lot of the activity is spread out too, so that tends to disguise how active things are as well.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 1:32 pm

or lack therein

yeah you could say that.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 1:33 pm

Funny...I thought the people were the foundations of this forum. 

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 1:33 pm

Yep, you could say that too.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 1:34 pm

plus there are so many topics to post in.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 1:35 pm

I think most of us discussed all we wanted/needed to discuss years ago. 

Written By: FormerMember on 05/31/12 at 1:44 pm

Usually forums die where new members are not tolerated while the rest is behaving like a big ignorant 'family' kissing each other. The forums die, especially the decade forums, because nearly everything is considered 'decadeology' even if it is not. The 'OMG'-thread shows how stupid this forum really is now.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 1:46 pm

Usually forums die where new members are not tolerated while the rest is behaving like a big ignorant 'family' kissing each other. The forums die, especially the decade forums, because nearly everything is considered 'decadeology' even if it is not. The 'OMG'-thread shows how stupid this forum really is now.

At least this forum is still around and has committed members. The same can not be said for retro world  or whatever it was.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 1:48 pm

Then why are you here, posting?  ;D  DUH.

Retroworld, which was supposedly dedicated to talking about decades died, and you are mad at us?  Perhaps that should have been some sort of sign that most people don't like talking about that crap and you should get a damn life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/12 at 1:49 pm

Oh Noez!!! You posted only smilies!!!! It was u they spoke of! You non-contributing culprit you!  >:(

Just kidding  ;) ;D

Maybe it was me!!!!  :P :D

Of course they were talking about me. People ALWAYS talk about me.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 05/31/12 at 1:50 pm

If you care to wade through that whole thread you will find that several people covered 'problems' with new members.  I think its been discussed fairly thoroughly now. 

Given that people having been predicting the death of these boards for the lack of tolerance towards new members for the past five years or so I think we can safely say that it really isn't going to happen.  Yes, we may have lost some potentially great members but we've also kept a lot of idiots away.

Written By: meesa on 05/31/12 at 1:51 pm

Wow, I am a new member, and so far it looks like people are 'tolerating' me fine. And as far as a family, I would rather be at a site where people treat each other as such and not as enemies, flaming every 5 seconds and going on tirades.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 1:51 pm

Then why are you here, posting?  ;D  DUH.

Retroworld, which was supposedly dedicated to talking about decades died, and you are mad at us?  Perhaps that should have been some sort of sign that most people don't like talking about that crap and you should get a damn life.

It's a forum member who's afraid to post as themselves...... I've never really understood hiding behind the "guest" mask and posting. Why not just log in and say what you think. I might not agree with you but I'd respect you more for doing it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 1:52 pm

Of course they were talking about me. People ALWAYS talk about me.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Except for when we're helping Howard talk about himself  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 1:54 pm

If you care to wade through that whole thread you will find that several people covered 'problems' with new members.  I think its been discussed fairly thoroughly now. 

Given that people having been predicting the death of these boards for the lack of tolerance towards new members for the past five years or so I think we can safely say that it really isn't going to happen.  Yes, we may have lost some potentially great members but we've also kept a lot of idiots away.

That about sums it up.  ;)

Written By: FormerMember on 05/31/12 at 1:57 pm

Retroworld was not even online for 2 months. In my opinion it had been closed too early and the administrator should have waited at least another six months. It did not die. It's just that only few people knew about it and there were not many google entries.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 1:59 pm

Retroworld was not even online for 2 months. In my opinion it had been closed too early and the administrator should have waited at least another six months. It did not die. It's just that only few people knew about it and there were not many google entries.

And like, 12 members who sat around and talked about US

You cannot seriously think that the general public cares about such things.  And if you think I'm wrong, go start your own Retroworld and prove it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 2:02 pm

We knew about it.  If we were the evil people you say we were we could've gone over and tried  to infect it the way decadeolgists keep coming here (repeatedly) but we respected your right to have your discussion elsewhere so we old peacefully coexist.

Anyone here interested in the discussions could've gone there...not many dud. That Shows you the lack of interest.  I wish itd been left open longer cuz I know we're going to be trolled again.....or should I say we are getting trolled again.... But it didn't make it.  You could always restart it yourself...or one similar and take the trolls with you. 

Written By: FormerMember on 05/31/12 at 2:06 pm

That was one single thread.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 2:08 pm

That was one single thread.

Who cares?  It was still totally pathetic.

Now seriously, just go away.  I'm bored with you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/12 at 2:08 pm

I find it interesting that you post as a "former member." I once belonged to a forum that I quit a LONG time ago and I have no idea what they are talking about now. I haven't been back since I quit because I didn't care for it. If you quit this site because you didn't care for it-then why are you lurking? Also, why do you have to disguise yourself and tell us who we know you as.

We welcome new members! However, some "new" members turn out not to be new after all and are "former members" who were banned.

And yes, we do have some threads that are basically nonsense threads. They are just meant to be fun and not have any meaningful discussions. Our meaningful discussions can be found in the Tenacious Tuxedo Talk.

Cat

Written By: FormerMember on 05/31/12 at 2:14 pm

Now seriously, just go away.  I'm bored with you.

That's exactly the behavior of the 'family members' I hate over here.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 2:15 pm

and who in the hell are you? ??? ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/31/12 at 2:16 pm

Except for when we're helping Howard talk about himself  :D

the forums are active when we're talking about ME!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/12 at 2:23 pm

You cannot seriously think that the general public cares about such things.  And if you think I'm wrong, go start your own Retroworld and prove it.

let's not feed the trolls folks... I'm sure it's not hard to guess which of the 12 retroworld members this is.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 2:27 pm

I find it interesting that you post as a "former member." I once belonged to a forum that I quit a LONG time ago and I have no idea what they are talking about now. I haven't been back since I quit because I didn't care for it. If you quit this site because you didn't care for it-then why are you lurking? Also, why do you have to disguise yourself and tell us who we know you as.

We welcome new members! However, some "new" members turn out not to be new after all and are "former members" who were banned.

And yes, we do have some threads that are basically nonsense threads. They are just meant to be fun and not have any meaningful discussions. Our meaningful discussions can be found in the Tenacious Tuxedo Talk.

Cat

Ha ha. Former member. Remember when I told you I sometimes scan and wind up misreading usernames? Yeah I just did that. So I thought it read forum member. Well at least it's not like that one time when I referred to member by the wrong name for tears cuz I read it as Mc instead of Mr lol.

Anyway-  yeah once you leave it makes sense to stay away. Whoops did I type that out loud.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 2:29 pm

In Cleveland?

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 2:30 pm

let's not feed the trolls folks... I'm sure it's not hard to guess which of the 12 retroworld members this is.

Okay I'll stop guessing. But it's so much fun!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/31/12 at 4:48 pm

^Look at this guy. What a sore loser crybaby. This forum isn't dying, not by a long shot. If anything it's as alive and fun as it's ever been.

Does anyone else here think this place is dying out? Can I get a HELL NO???  ;)

Retroworld didn't die because of lack of funds, it died because none of the fun, cool people from inthe00s who like to laugh and have a good time went over there. Seriously...aren't these "decadeologists" the most humorless, boring collection of party-poopers you've ever seen in your life? They're about as much fun as a meeting of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Hell, they wouldn't know how to have a good time even if you got them all drunk and then dropped them off at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch with a platinum VISA. We even created the TTT just because one of them was whining that we were having too much fun.

I wasn't going to say anything about the demise of retroworld until "FormerMember" came barging in here and calling us all stupid and ignorant. And yeah, I know I'm feeding a troll but I had to say what I had to say.

FormerMember:  You know how at the top of each one of our boards we have a sticky thread titled "Decadeology - What it is and why it is banned - please read?"  Well, if and when you decide to start up another decadeology site you may want to give people fair warning before they register. At the top of each one of your boards you should put up a sticky thread of your own with the title "Humor - What it is and why it is banned - please read."  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 4:51 pm

^Look at this guy. What a sore loser crybaby. This forum isn't dying, not by a long shot. If anything it's as alive and fun as it's ever been.

Retroworld didn't die because of lack of funds, it died because none of the fun, cool people from inthe00s who like to laugh and have a good time went over there. Seriously...aren't these "decadeologists" the most humorless, boring collection of party-poopers you've ever seen in your life? They're about as much fun as a meeting of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Hell, they wouldn't know how to have a good time even if you got them all drunk and then dropped them off at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch with a platinum VISA. We even created the TTT just because one of them was whining that we were having too much fun.

I wasn't going to say anything about the demise of retroworld until "FormerMember" came barging in here and calling us all stupid and ignorant. And yeah, I know I'm feeding a troll but I had to say what I had to say.

FormerMember:  You know how at the top of each one of our boards we have a sticky thread titled "Decadeology - What it is and why it is banned - please read?"  Well, if and when you decide to start up another decadeology site you may want to give people fair warning before they register. At the top of each one of your boards you should put up a sticky thread of your own with the title "Humor - What it is and why it is banned - please read."  ::)

*Stands up and applauds.*

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 4:52 pm

THEN DON'T COME OVER HERE!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/12 at 4:54 pm

*Stands up and applauds.*

You are just kissing family.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/12 at 4:55 pm

You are just kissing family.

Cat

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Yep.  I love my family.  They're awesome.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/31/12 at 4:57 pm

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Yep.  I love my family.  They're awesome.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

((((((((((((((Ash)))))))))))))))

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/12 at 6:16 pm

This is my opinion, too.  Life is too short to spend your free time somewhere you hate to be.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/31/12 at 7:00 pm

O K  what is this retroworld place and why does this guy show up here?

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/12 at 7:27 pm

Retroworld was formed by former members who were not allowed to discuss their decadology here.  It closed due to lack of interest so I guess they are coming back to whine about how horrible we are.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/12 at 7:54 pm

In Cleveland?

Did Mr.Cleveland get banned ???

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/31/12 at 8:16 pm

I'm NOT banned...I'm still around! (I just got into a fender-bender, which sucks ass)!

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 8:43 pm

Dude. If you wanted karma all you had to do was ask!!!

That was fantastic! O0

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 8:49 pm

No and I never said he did. But he tends to talk negatively about family so it was a random guess.

Some people posting in retro world still had active memberships here but hadn't posted in a a while. I was running thru a list of people who either left on their own (wooops) and those I hadn't seen in a while. I didn't quite get to mcbayareanostilgistfly. Or superfly kid or some others I can't think of.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/12 at 9:35 pm

I wonder whatever happened to Andrew the Talking Walnut.  ???

I would not mind him coming back to these boards to chat.  8)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/12 at 10:08 pm

It sure ain't.  :)

It's still one of the few sites I actively post on, the other two are Woodus and Ponibooru.

I have accounts on several other sites I haven't posted on in awhile, although this was due to losing interest in them, nothing more or less.

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/12 at 10:57 pm

This quoted post is brought to you by Pampers.

"When the shit comes out, trust Pampers.  No decadeologist is without a pair"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/31/12 at 11:06 pm

Retroworld sucked. End of story. When you went there as a new member, you were ignored. When you made new threads, no one posted in them. If you weren't a "decadeologist"....you were basically invisible. TRUE STORY. ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/01/12 at 12:37 am

Retroworld sucked. End of story. When you went there as a new member, you were ignored. When you made new threads, no one posted in them. If you weren't a "decadeologist"....you were basically invisible. TRUE STORY. ::)

And you're probably the nicest person here, and if they weren't willing to accept YOU then that speaks volumes about them. :P

Written By: 80sfan on 06/01/12 at 12:43 am

No, it's alive and well!

Written By: 00s on 06/01/12 at 4:43 pm

SHUT UP!

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 5:02 pm

Donnie Darko?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 5:03 pm

HELL NO!

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 5:03 pm

Ha! Another sore loser.  ::)

DECADEOLOGY IS DEAD.

Or same loser

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 5:04 pm

I agree Ash.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 5:04 pm

Hey Ma.  :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/12 at 5:04 pm

DECADEOLOGY!?  I REMEMBER YOU.  WE KILLED YOU!

WE KILLED YOU !!!!

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/9/9c/Vlcsnap-241348.jpg/500px-Vlcsnap-241348.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 5:05 pm

I don't know what happened to him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/12 at 5:07 pm

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/8e2/8d1/8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/01/12 at 5:20 pm

SHUT UP!

LMAO!!  Love!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/01/12 at 5:20 pm

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/8e2/8d1/8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06

Cat

But it's fun...  :( ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 5:36 pm

Yeah...I'm bored. I need to occupy my time till something good comes on tv

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/12 at 5:37 pm

Yeah, I know. But the more you feed them, the more they keep coming back.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 5:45 pm

Cat

Honestly they come whether they are fed or not.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/01/12 at 5:46 pm

Cat

But now they have nowhere else to go.  :(  ::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/01/12 at 5:47 pm

Cat

Yeah...Trolls LOVE food...like everyone else.

3kqOhF-RrFM

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/12 at 5:50 pm

Are you feeling sorry for them?

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/01/12 at 6:06 pm

I created a whole second forum for them to go hang out on. no idea why they don't go use it

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 6:21 pm

I created a whole second forum for them to go hang out on. no idea why they don't go use it

Which one?

So I know to avoid it

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 6:22 pm

Cat

or they'll wind up angry.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 6:23 pm

Cat

what do trolls eat?

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 6:24 pm

Cat

nobody should ever feel sorry for a troll. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 6:24 pm

what do trolls eat?

Decadeology

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/01/12 at 6:25 pm

what do trolls eat?

Their boogers.

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 6:27 pm

Their boogers.

Soooooo meaty

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 6:29 pm

Decadeology

sounds tasty.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/12 at 6:30 pm

Soooooo meaty

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/12 at 9:52 pm

Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlnFleSasSs

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/12 at 1:06 am

I think most of us discussed all we wanted/needed to discuss years ago.

Well, there's a lot of that.

And there's the fact that it's a lot easier to just farking google it today than it was even five years ago.  Ten years ago, you had to personally know someone who knew something.  Five years ago, you had to be able to google around a bit before you could find a forum where there were people who recognized that obscure game/remix reference you were looking for and who had done the original research, because they couldn't JFGI.

Today, a lot of random users can just aimlessly google "thing that you hit with the thingies" and come up with either Richard Cheese's lounge cover version of Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up or the, umm, version with the Russian subtitles if you like to bang the drum slowly if you know what I mean and I think you do... but when they've found the answer to their problem elsewhere, they don't need to find places like this.  They've got the direct YouTube link to the lyrics, movie, video, or parody they were looking for, without having to ask members of any particular forum for guidance.

HIM!

And while we're at it, Sister Morphine.  (Sorry about flaming you with that Bill Hicks quote.  We disagreed on the marketing thing.  But you were cool, and I repsected the way you flamed me right back.)

And King Tut, who was just plain funny.

DECADEOLOGY!?  I REMEMBER YOU.  WE KILLED YOU!

OK, I'm ready to bury the hatchet, but props for the Robocop reference, even though I can't find track 8 from Drama Dream.

I've felt nothing but pity for it since I realized just how obsessed it was with us, but that's beside the point.

No hard feelings, weve-got-a-pretty-good-idea-who-you-are (and are OK with it, mostly :).  For what it's worth, I think we've got the opposite problem - a thousand posts a day from two or three members posting one-word replies to a hundred threads.  None of which are actually read by human eyes, and all of which serve only to drive actual content off the "most recently-active threads" boards.  How's about we love and tolerate and bury the hatchet?

At the risk of turning this thread into serious discussion... how about we just don't index them?  Don't have 'em show up in most-recent-active-threads?  Just leave 'em there for accounting purposes and let those who want to participate in that sort of thing go hog-wild and get their post counts into the millions?  I mean, sure, I could write a shell script that would accomplish as much within a few days (and as a courtesy to my fellow board members, I'd put it all in one single, easily-ignored, longest-thread-ever, to the tune of 400 threads a day, rather than twenty individual posts to twenty threads a day)

Remember back in the day that we created "Writing on the Walrus" as a sub-board because our noise-threads, particularly competing attempts to generate the longest-thread-ever were crushing the server?  Chucky's servers may have gotten faster, but if, every 24 hours, there are about 200 threads (only 10-15 of which contain content meant to be read by human eyes), what does that make us look like to any potential newcomers who've chanced upon this place from a random Google search like I did about 5 years ago?

Thisis Chucky's board, Chucky's hardware, Chucky's hosting, Chucky's paying the bills, so I play by Chucky's rules.  But if you showed a stranger the recent actions (with cookies temporarily disabled so they saw what a new user would see), would they conclude that there are actual human beings here, or only spambots?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/02/12 at 2:07 am

And while we're at it, Sister Morphine. 

Umm....

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/12 at 4:15 am

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/hasselhoffli0.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/12 at 5:26 am

Whateverhappento AbsolutelyVile ?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/02/12 at 6:47 am

Wasn't it years ago that she decided to leave the boards because she was being harassed?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/12 at 10:08 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/12 at 10:10 pm

Which one?

So I know to avoid it

Too late. You are already a member.  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/12 at 10:11 pm

Too late. You are already a member.  ;)

Cat

oooh that one....I thought it just existed so we could curse out loud  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/03/12 at 3:53 pm

This forum is alive and kicking.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/03/12 at 6:49 pm

Heck yeah.  Every day there is something new.  Hats off to ChuckyG !  8)

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/12 at 7:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp26kj2lTtE

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/03/12 at 8:27 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46208.0

Sure beats less than two months.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/12 at 2:25 am

Yeap! Still going!

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 6:39 am

Heck yeah.  Every day there is something new.  Hats off to ChuckyG !  8)

new exciting people every day.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 6:41 am

Yeap! Still going!

still going strong!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/12 at 8:26 am

still going strong!
Getting stronger everyday!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/04/12 at 2:41 pm

This board is dead.

DEAD SEXY!

http://celebrityroast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/david-hasselhoff.jpg

Written By: wildcard on 06/04/12 at 5:08 pm

This board is dead.

DEAD SEXY!

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/glubsch.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/04/12 at 5:12 pm

This board is dead.

DEAD SEXY!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/arrrrrgh.gif

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/04/12 at 5:32 pm

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Spazhawk/deadsexy.png

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/12 at 5:52 pm

This board is dead.

DEAD SEXY!

AWWWW, Puppies!!!!

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/12 at 7:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXasfIN310

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 7:27 pm

with more new members from all around the world.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 7:28 pm

AWWWW, Puppies!!!!

Cat

I bet you were looking at his hairy chest!  :P

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 7:30 pm

This board is never dead it just goes on vacation.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/06/12 at 1:43 am

But ponies love you, Mr./Miss unpronounceable name!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/pony78.png

Written By: Howard on 06/06/12 at 6:58 am

But ponies love you, Mr./Miss unpronounceable name!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/pony78.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDLqb3umsw

Written By: Step-chan on 06/06/12 at 6:07 pm

There was someone(who used random letters for a guest name) posting about suicide and death last night, Howard.

I was feeding them responding to them with that.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/12 at 6:44 am

There was someone(who used random letters for a guest name) posting about suicide and death last night, Howard.

I was feeding them responding to them with that.

was this guy named FormerMember? ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/07/12 at 7:23 am

You mean ex-Penis? ;D ;D ;D

Written By: FormerMember on 06/07/12 at 9:45 am

How **** are you, Howard? He said explicitly 'random letters'.  ::)

Written By: Bobo on 06/07/12 at 11:35 am

I'm not sure who you are or what your motive is for reposting here, but be sure, if you continue to make posts such as this, rest assured we will take appropriate action.

Of course, if you had nothing to hide, you would be a registered member here.

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/12 at 11:37 am

I'm not sure who you are or what your motive is for reposting here, but be sure, if you continue to make posts such as this, rest assured we will take appropriate action.

Of course, if you had nothing to hide, you would be a registered member here.

Is that bobo wearing a mod hat? It looks good on you!  8)

Written By: FormerMember on 06/07/12 at 11:41 am

You mean ex-Penis? ;D ;D ;D

If THIS is better, than I don't know how serious this forum is.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/07/12 at 11:55 am

It's certainly better than coming in here at 2 am and posting a bunch of gibberish about suicide like you did the other noght. ::)

Written By: meesa on 06/07/12 at 12:08 pm

This reminds me of those people that go on CNN entertainment pages and complain about how silly it is that CNN puts the 'unimportant' stories out there. Really, I have a question for you:

If you don't like it here, why are you still hanging around?

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/12 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of those people that go on CNN entertainment pages and complain about how silly it is that CNN puts the 'unimportant' stories out there. Really, I have a question for you:

simple math....

no life + no purpose in world = troll

Written By: FormerMember on 06/07/12 at 12:32 pm

It's certainly better than coming in here at 2 am and posting a bunch of gibberish about suicide like you did the other noght. ::)

That was not me.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/07/12 at 12:38 pm

So seriously...Rhett Donnie  ex-penis FormerMember, why do you hide your identity?  If we all suck, and you hate us, why do you care if we know that it's you? 

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/12 at 1:26 pm

Sounds like John Avery

That was not me.

This denial pretty much validates my suspicion.

Written By: wildcard on 06/07/12 at 1:58 pm

It's all my fault,  I mean loosing it in the first place.  Then other people start writing stuff.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/07/12 at 2:41 pm

So seriously...Rhett Donnie  ex-penis FormerMember, why do you hide your identity?  If we all suck, and you hate us, why do you care if we know that it's you?

I'm not Donnie Darko, never was and never will be, nor am I any former member of this site. The date it says I joined on my profile is when I joined. I don't feel you all suck nor do I hate any of you, I actually like this site a lot and don't want to ever see it die. Just because I like a topic you hate and disagree on it, or feel that certain policies and attitudes are hurting this site rather than helping it, doesn't make me a troll or a spammer like Donnie Darko.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/12 at 2:47 pm

This denial pretty much validates my suspicion.

I blocked that person's IP address... though Donnie does know how to use a proxy so it wouldn't be unlike him to just switch to a new one.  No idea why people keep responding to this individual whoever they are.  They clearly just want the attention.

I mean it's not like I didn't start a whole separate messageboard for the decadeaology stuff.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/07/12 at 3:58 pm

I'm not Donnie Darko, never was and never will be, nor am I any former member of this site. The date it says I joined on my profile is when I joined. I don't feel you all suck nor do I hate any of you, I actually like this site a lot and don't want to ever see it die. Just because I like a topic you hate and disagree on it, or feel that certain policies and attitudes are hurting this site rather than helping it, doesn't make me a troll or a spammer like Donnie Darko.

I believe you.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/07/12 at 6:04 pm

I blocked that person's IP address... though Donnie does know how to use a proxy so it wouldn't be unlike him to just switch to a new one.  No idea why people keep responding to this individual whoever they are.  They clearly just want the attention.

I mean it's not like I didn't start a whole separate messageboard for the decadeaology stuff.

What message board?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/12 at 6:07 pm

Well, I don't know myself.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/12 at 7:34 pm

I'm doing well. How are you?

Written By: Howard on 06/07/12 at 7:36 pm

probably waiting for someone to piss off.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/07/12 at 8:15 pm

FormerMember is gone, which makes me glad for the most part but I wish he could answer me on this:

He kept calling us ignorant, and stupid, and juvenile, and narrow-minded, but as far as I know, none of US ever spammed Retroworld. Sure we may have constantly made fun of it in the OMG DECADEOLOGY NOSTALGIA LOVE thread, but we never actually interfered with them. WE never went over there and posted as guests and insulted them. Yet he thought it was perfectly acceptable to troll us. Seems rather hypocritical, dontcha think?

Truthfully, I don't think it's so much the concept of decadeology that most of us hate as it is the constant trolling and spamming that some of them seem to get their jollies from. I'm not going to speculate on who FormerMember really is, because that's exactly what he wants us to do. All that does is stir up suspicion and mistrust among us, which was his true intent, and sadly he's been quite successful at it.

But it doesn't matter who FormerMember really is, because the important thing is that he's gone now and this site is a much better place without him.

I'd also like to say that I believe Rhett Butler when he says that he's not involved in any of the trolling that has been going on. Lots of us (myself especially) have thrown a lot of rocks and arrows his way but not only has he stuck by his convictions, he has also never been anything other than polite and respectful about it. Perhaps it's only fair that we treat him likewise.

Rhett: I've been a real dick to you on numerous occasions and really for no good reason, and I apologize for my actions. And if you still think I'm a dick I understand, but I just want you to know that I'm not going to ridicule you or treat you with disrespect anymore.

Written By: FormerMember on 06/08/12 at 2:58 am

Do you guys really thing, people only have ONE single IP? My IP changes every day.

BTW:

I am not spamming. At least it's not more spamming than you guys do in that OMG-thread.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/12 at 4:48 am

Do you guys really thing, people only have ONE single IP? My IP changes every day.

it doesn't change as much as you think it does

Written By: Henk on 06/08/12 at 5:25 am

BTW:

I am not spamming. At least it's not more spamming than you guys do in that OMG-thread.

Gosh, the things I could say in reply... but I better not.

Written By: Henk on 06/08/12 at 5:26 am

FormerMember is gone, which makes me glad for the most part but I wish he could answer me on this:

He kept calling us ignorant, and stupid, and juvenile, and narrow-minded, but as far as I know, none of US ever spammed Retroworld. Sure we may have constantly made fun of it in the OMG DECADEOLOGY NOSTALGIA LOVE thread, but we never actually interfered with them. WE never went over there and posted as guests and insulted them. Yet he thought it was perfectly acceptable to troll us. Seems rather hypocritical, dontcha think?

Truthfully, I don't think it's so much the concept of decadeology that most of us hate as it is the constant trolling and spamming that some of them seem to get their jollies from. I'm not going to speculate on who FormerMember really is, because that's exactly what he wants us to do. All that does is stir up suspicion and mistrust among us, which was his true intent, and sadly he's been quite successful at it.

But it doesn't matter who FormerMember really is, because the important thing is that he's gone now and this site is a much better place without him.

I'd also like to say that I believe Rhett Butler when he says that he's not involved in any of the trolling that has been going on. Lots of us (myself especially) have thrown a lot of rocks and arrows his way but not only has he stuck by his convictions, he has also never been anything other than polite and respectful about it. Perhaps it's only fair that we treat him likewise.

Rhett: I've been a real dick to you on numerous occasions and really for no good reason, and I apologize for my actions. And if you still think I'm a dick I understand, but I just want you to know that I'm not going to ridicule you or treat you with disrespect anymore.

Well said. I agree with you on all points.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/12 at 6:54 am

BTW:

So why won't you sign up? What are you waiting for?  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/12 at 10:16 am

So why won't you sign up? What are you waiting for?  ::)

Because the person wants people to keep guessing who it is.  I am pretty certain I know who it is, but I'll let them have their fun.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/12 at 11:10 am

Sorry Chucky but I just HAVE to say this.

BTW:

How can WE be spamming when we are members of this forum and we are all abiding by the rules of this forum? You really don't know what the definition of spamming is, do you? Spamming is when you STILL hang around even though you claim you hate it here and you hate us and it is clear that the feeling is mutual.

Cat 

Written By: FormerMember on 06/08/12 at 12:39 pm

Even if you know my account, you still don't really know who I REALLY am.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/12 at 12:55 pm

Even if you know my account, you still don't really know who I REALLY am.

I REALLY don't care.  You're kind of boring all of us at this point.

Written By: wildcard on 06/08/12 at 1:10 pm

I know I don't want to play guess the person.

Written By: karen on 06/08/12 at 1:37 pm

I know who it is...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/08/12 at 1:39 pm

A strange game. The only way to win is not to play.

Written By: wildcard on 06/08/12 at 3:26 pm

I know who it is...

Fred Flintstone?

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/12 at 3:44 pm

A strange game. The only way to win is not to play.

Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess? :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/08/12 at 5:03 pm

I'd rather play kick ball or red rover. 

Mostly red rover...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/12 at 5:06 pm

I'd rather play kick ball or red rover. 

Mostly red rover...

I don't recall that line in Wargames.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 06/08/12 at 5:08 pm

I haven't bowled in a while

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/08/12 at 5:42 pm

Cat

Oh.  I didn't realize ya'll were quoting a movie.  ;D  I've never seen Wargames.  ;D

I still want to play red rover.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/12 at 7:37 pm

Because the person wants people to keep guessing who it is.  I am pretty certain I know who it is, but I'll let them have their fun.

I think I know who it is.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/12 at 7:38 pm

or tiddlywinks?  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/08/12 at 8:27 pm

I haven't bowled in a while

I can't bowl to save my own life. :P

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/12 at 8:54 pm

Cat

It's in the deleted scenes.  ;)

Oh.  I didn't realize ya'll were quoting a movie.  ;D  I've never seen Wargames.  ;D

Oh honey I love you but please, please correct this over sight stat.

There are references to it in Psych cuz John Badham, war games director, directed a few eps of psych.

I still want to play red rover

They play red rover in Now & Then are you referencing that movie at least?

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/12 at 8:58 pm

I rock wii bowling

Written By: wildcard on 06/09/12 at 12:49 am

I rock wii bowling

I do both.  160 with a 10 pound bowling ball.  If you can wii then you can bowl unless you cant lift the ball.

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/12 at 1:40 am

I do both.  160 with a 10 pound bowling ball.  If you can wii then you can bowl unless you cant lift the ball.

I never said I couldn't bowl. Actually, outside of the wii bowling comment I wasn't talking about it at all.
I'm not really a fan of regular bowling. Too loud, alleys smell, and the show rental skeeves me out. But sounds like youre good at it and that's awesome. 

Written By: Howard on 06/09/12 at 6:33 am

I used to bowl a 185 but now I stopped bowling for good put away my bowling ball and retired it, it's been 9 years since I last bowled. I don't bowl anymore cause of my carpal tunnel syndrome.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/09/12 at 9:19 am

I never said I couldn't bowl. Actually, outside of the wii bowling comment I wasn't talking about it at all.
I'm not really a fan of regular bowling. Too loud, alleys smell, and the show rental skeeves me out. But sounds like youre good at it and that's awesome.

Even though I can't bowl worth a damn, I've always liked bowling alleys. There's just something kind of old-school and manly about them, and aside from indoor smoking bans they seem to have almost the exact same atmosphere and vibe that they had 30+ years ago when I was a kid.

Plus, this might sound a little weird but the sound of bowling pins falling down is one of my favorite sounds, I've always found it to be oddly pleasant and soothing .

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/12 at 2:14 pm

Even though I can't bowl worth a damn, I've always liked bowling alleys. There's just something kind of old-school and manly about them, and aside from indoor smoking bans they seem to have almost the exact same atmosphere and vibe that they had 30+ years ago when I was a kid.

Plus, this might sound a little weird but the sound of bowling pins falling down is one of my favorite sounds, I've always found it to be oddly pleasant and soothing .

That's cool.... It's just not my scene.

Written By: wildcard on 06/09/12 at 6:32 pm

I love the sound of the pins being hit

Written By: Howard on 06/09/12 at 7:27 pm

I used to love the smell of bowling alleys back in the days.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/09/12 at 7:47 pm

Kind of an odd thing to geek out about, but I think it's kind of cool that Brunswick still makes bowling pins with the red crowns on them.

http://www.bowling2u.com/trivia/pins/PinTypes02.jpg

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/12 at 9:41 pm

Kind of an odd thing to geek out about, but I think it's kind of cool that Brunswick still makes bowling pins with the red crowns on them.

http://www.bowling2u.com/trivia/pins/PinTypes02.jpg

that's not a bowling pin... this is a bowling pin

http://www.chuckyg.com/images/candlepin.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/12 at 9:53 pm

I found my bowling ball not too long ago. I can't really bowl either. I'm lucky if I get over 100 on my score by the end.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/09/12 at 9:57 pm

that's not a bowling pin... this is a bowling pin

http://www.chuckyg.com/images/candlepin.jpg

That's not a bowling pin, that's a candlepin.

(Ha ha! Bet you didn't think I knew that!  :D)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/12 at 11:00 pm

That's not a bowling pin, that's a candlepin.

(Ha ha! Bet you didn't think I knew that!  :D)

You are correct sir (on both counts)  (said in an Ed McMahon voice as impersonated on SNL)

I swear if WCVB hadn't cancelled Candlepin bowling in the late 90s, my grandmother would have had the willpower to go past her 90s (died at 99).  I know what a Four Horsemen is... and how much fun it is to hit wood (get your mind out the gutter or you'll never pick up that spare).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/09/12 at 11:13 pm

You are correct sir (on both counts)  (said in an Ed McMahon voice as impersonated on SNL)

I swear if WCVB hadn't cancelled Candlepin bowling in the late 90s, my grandmother would have had the willpower to go past her 90s (died at 99).  I know what a Four Horsemen is... and how much fun it is to hit wood (get your mind out the gutter or you'll never pick up that spare).

Actually, the only reason I knew that is because I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations a few months back where he was in Boston and he went to a candlepin bowling alley.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/10/12 at 1:28 am

Not me, I have a clumsy streak a mile long, and the bowling alley is NOT my friend.

Back in 1990 me and a few other friends were at a west side of Columbus, OH bowling alley drinking pitchers of beer at midnight (when we should of been working on studio artwork for college) and I slipped up at the foul line...

My right leg went forward, my ankle went right, my knee went left...and my kneecap popped right out. I had just, very painfully, separated my patella (kneecap). :o

Now, I'm laying halfway down the lane, in pain, holding my kneecap in my right hand.
My friends are cracking themselves up, as they think I just pulled off the funniest bowling move short of Fred Flintstones twinkle toes bowling set up.

Long story short, the paramedics were called, and one of them asked what I was doing with my hand.

I said, "holding my kneecap in".
He said, "What are you talking about?"

He took a look at the limp piece of bone hanging by a thread of cartridge in my pants leg and said, "Wow, yeah, you'd better hold that".

Leave it to say, I will NEVER go into a bowling alley again. Count me out. :P

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 06/10/12 at 1:56 am

Ever since this post, Not anymore!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/12 at 2:14 am

Not me, I have a clumsy streak a mile long, and the bowling alley is NOT my friend.

Back in 1990 me and a few other friends were at a west side of Columbus, OH bowling alley drinking pitchers of beer at midnight (when we should of been working on studio artwork for college) and I slipped up at the foul line...

My right leg went forward, my ankle went right, my knee went left...and my kneecap popped right out. I had just, very painfully, separated my patella (kneecap). :o

Now, I'm laying halfway down the lane, in pain, holding my kneecap in my right hand.
My friends are cracking themselves up, as they think I just pulled off the funniest bowling move short of Fred Flintstones twinkle toes bowling set up.

Long story short, the paramedics were called, and one of them asked what I was doing with my hand.

I said, "holding my kneecap in".
He said, "What are you talking about?"

He took a look at the limp piece of bone hanging by a thread of cartridge in my pants leg and said, "Wow, yeah, you'd better hold that".

Leave it to say, I will NEVER go into a bowling alley again. Count me out. :P

Dude that's crazy! Hopefully you found better friends after that.

And hopefully you're fully healed.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/12 at 3:45 am

I, too, love bowling alleys but am a bad bowler.  Even back in high school when we'd go bowling a few times a month (yeah the area I grew up in had TONS of stuff for teens to do.  :D ) I was having a great night when my final score was 100.  Oh well, it was still fun to hang out with friends and maybe see other friends at the alley.  It was either that or miniture golf.  I'm an even worse golfer.  ;D

I am not real sure why I like bowling alleys, but I do.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/12 at 6:54 am

I found my bowling ball not too long ago. I can't really bowl either. I'm lucky if I get over 100 on my score by the end.

I still have my bowling ball downstairs in the basement stopped bowling 9 years ago.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/12 at 6:57 am

I, too, love bowling alleys but am a bad bowler.  Even back in high school when we'd go bowling a few times a month (yeah the area I grew up in had TONS of stuff for teens to do.  :D ) I was having a great night when my final score was 100.  Oh well, it was still fun to hang out with friends and maybe see other friends at the alley.  It was either that or miniture golf.  I'm an even worse golfer.  ;D

I am not real sure why I like bowling alleys, but I do.

I used to bowl so good 6 strikes in a row in my bowling league and wound up with a 185 so close to 200 if it hadn't been for that 6/10 split. >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 06/10/12 at 8:38 am

I used to bowl so good 6 strikes in a row in my bowling league and wound up with a 185 so close to 200 if it hadn't been for that 6/10 split. >:(

I am just curious Howard, were in the game did the 6/10 split come in? If it came in the frame after the 6 strikes
it wasn't the split that did you in.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/12 at 11:02 am

I was on a bowling league way back in the dark ages.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/10/12 at 11:40 am

Before NAFTA sucked most of the good-paying manufacturing jobs down to Mexico, Lincoln, Nebraska was a much more blue collar town back in the 1980's. My dad and his work buddies from National Crane in Waverly had a bowling team (The Steelworkers) that played in a league on Tuesday or Wednesday nights, and their main rivals were from the big Goodyear plant in Lincoln.

Oftentimes my dad would take me along on league night, but the average 12 year-old's idea of fun isn't sitting around and watching a bunch of grown men bowl so between frames I'd hit my dad up for quarters and run off to the arcade in the bowling alley. Which my dad didn't seem to mind for the most part because I wasn't pestering him.

Well, one night in 1983 I was there with my dad, doing the usual begging him for quarters and him obliging me, but when I came back I saw that he had rolled 3 strikes in a row. I then got another quarter and played some more video games for about 10 minutes and when I came back he'd rolled a couple more. By this time I knew something special was happening and pretty soon some of the other bowlers started gathering around.

My dad was on fire like I'd never seen it and everyone was all thinking he might just roll a 300. Alas, he finally missed in the 9th or 10th frame but he ended up with a 275 which turned out to be the high game of the year for his league and he got a nice trophy which is still in my parent's basement. (The man who had the previous high game, which was a 267, was a friend of our family and he was cool about it.) 

But it was cool to see all my dad's work buddies slapping him on the back and treating him like the hero of the night.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/10/12 at 12:19 pm

I am just curious Howard, were in the game did the 6/10 split come in? If it came in the frame after the 6 strikes
it wasn't the split that did you in.  ;D

towards the end I was on fire and that's where the 6/10 split came in it was either 1, both or a gutter ball so it wound up as a gutter ball.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/12 at 12:19 pm

I was on a bowling league way back in the dark ages.

Cat

My Father was on Bowling For Dollars December 24th,1976.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/12 at 4:06 pm

My Father was on Bowling For Dollars December 24th,1976.

I was on Bozo the Clown back in 1969.  8)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/12 at 4:51 pm

I still have my bowling ball downstairs in the basement stopped bowling 9 years ago.

I think mine is over 10 years old.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/12 at 5:05 pm

Mine is over 20 years old and it has a name inscribe in it-not mine name. I bought it off of someone. I joke that it is just a different way to spell it.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 06/10/12 at 5:10 pm

no I'm Marge Homer is my balls name

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/12 at 5:27 pm

Best movies that feature Bowling:

Kingpin
Greedy
The Big Lebowski

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/12 at 6:09 pm

Mine is over 20 years old and it has a name inscribe in it-not mine name. I bought it off of someone. I joke that it is just a different way to spell it.

Cat

Still haven't gotten my name put in mine.

Written By: wildcard on 06/10/12 at 6:52 pm

Don't have my name on mine, I don't really need it to be. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/12 at 7:37 pm

Cat

We bought bowling balls at a yard sale as a kid.  I always said that my bowling ball was named Mildred (the name inscribed)  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/12 at 7:52 pm

Best movies that feature Bowling:

Kingpin
Greedy
The Big Lebowski

I liked how Janeane Garofolo had her character's father's skull in her bowling ball and would talk to it in Mystery Men.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132347/

http://www.mymovies.net/player/default.asp?filmid=184&url=/film/fid184/trailers/trid185/wm/high.asx

Also the series, Ed took place around a bowling alley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGJxMOPP30

and the Bowling for Raspberries episode on Laverne and Shirley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYcBvn0tfM0

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 6:33 am

I was on Bozo the Clown back in 1969.  8)

1969? really? how could that be?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 6:34 am

mine has been used weekend after weekend and after a while it got worn out.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 6:35 am

Still haven't gotten my name put in mine.

I got my name put in it. It was my favorite ball.

Written By: karen on 06/11/12 at 10:34 am

I got my name put in it. It was my favorite ball.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somwhere for the dirty minded amongst you!

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/12 at 10:37 am

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/12 at 11:03 am

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/11/12 at 1:23 pm

1969? really? how could that be?  ???

You might be familiar with a show called Romper Room, where they have kids in the audience come onto the show as "helpers".  Same concept with Bozo the clown, Lyric boy was on the show in 1969, when he was a kid (presumably).  Unless he literally meant that he was "on" Bozo the clown, and then... well... I guess you'll have to use your own imagination for that one.  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/12 at 1:47 pm

You might be familiar with a show called Romper Room, where they have kids in the audience come onto the show as "helpers".  Same concept with Bozo the clown, Lyric boy was on the show in 1969, when he was a kid (presumably).  Unless he literally meant that he was "on" Bozo the clown, and then... well... I guess you'll have to use your own imagination for that one.  8-P

I was gonna make some off color ref. too but thought better of it...glad I wasn't alone.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/11/12 at 6:11 pm

I love how these threads just kind of evolve and go wherever. :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/11/12 at 6:34 pm

I was gonna make some off color ref. too but thought better of it...glad I wasn't alone.

You can count on me to make the inappropriate joke.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/12 at 6:58 pm

You can count on me to make the inappropriate joke.  ;D

I'm just glad to be in such good company!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 7:18 pm

no there's no joke Karen no joke at all.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 7:22 pm

Yes I remember Romper Room back in 1981 when I was 7 years old always tuned into Channel 9 and watched Mr.Do-Bee.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/12 at 7:23 pm

I love how these threads just kind of evolve and go wherever. :D

It always does, eventually.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/11/12 at 7:43 pm

Let me clear this up.  I did not, uh. "party" with Bozo the Clown.  I was a guest on his show when I was a young lad.  Channel 53 in Picksburgh PA.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/11/12 at 8:07 pm

Let me clear this up.  I did not, uh. "party" with Bozo the Clown.  I was a guest on his show when I was a young lad.  Channel 53 in Picksburgh PA.

Back in the 80's our basic cable package included WGN out of Chicago and they had their own version of The Bozo Show. The one thing I remember was that they had these various carnival games and the consolation prize was always Schneider's string cheese.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/11/12 at 11:04 pm

In 1969, your TV had 53 channels?  What the hell kind of advanced TV did you have? :D
When I was a kid in the early 80s, my TV only had 13 channel memory and it was a new set at the time

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/11/12 at 11:30 pm

In 1969, your TV had 53 channels?  What the hell kind of advanced TV did you have? :D
When I was a kid in the early 80s, my TV only had 13 channel memory and it was a new set at the time

Back then TV's had 2 dials: one for VHF (Very High Frequency) and one for UHF (Ultra High Frequency). VHF, which was much more commonplace, was Channels 2 through 13 (there was no Channel 1), and UHF was Channels 14 through (I think) 83.  We didn't have a UHF station in eastern Nebraska until 1986 when a new Fox affiliate (KPTM) started up on Channel 42,  and since we had only 5 channels before that it was actually quite a big deal.

Perhaps it might have been differsnt up in Canada.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/12 at 6:46 am

My Tv had bunny ears back in the 1980's.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/12 at 6:48 am

http://images.firiz.multiply.com/image/1/photos/3/500x500/7/DSCN1384.JPG?et=c5L5nUzTMIVeNVi6Fx8ZAg&nmid=99171914

Television of the 1980's.

Written By: whistledog on 06/12/12 at 8:27 pm

Back then TV's had 2 dials: one for VHF (Very High Frequency) and one for UHF (Ultra High Frequency). VHF, which was much more commonplace, was Channels 2 through 13 (there was no Channel 1), and UHF was Channels 14 through (I think) 83.  We didn't have a UHF station in eastern Nebraska until 1986 when a new Fox affiliate (KPTM) started up on Channel 42,  and since we had only 5 channels before that it was actually quite a big deal.

Those were the old school TVs with the rotary dials.  The UHF nob used to make a loud click when you turned it.  We never had UHF channels until the mid 80s.  First channel I remember getting above the standard 13 was Channel 50 (WWTI) out of Watertown.

Written By: wildcard on 06/12/12 at 11:37 pm

I remember my parents having an old school TVs with rotary dials when I was staying in Sacramento for radiation for my tumor, I use to watch Funhouse on it. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/12 at 1:43 am

Those were the old school TVs with the rotary dials.  The UHF nob used to make a loud click when you turned it.  We never had UHF channels until the mid 80s.  First channel I remember getting above the standard 13 was Channel 50 (WWTI) out of Watertown.

I'm pretty sure I remember there were affiliates of Nebraska Public Television in other parts of the state that broadcast on UHF before the 1980's.

As I said before, when KPTM Fox 42 came on line in 1986 (maybe '87) it was actually quite a big deal, and now that I've looked into it, a while back I made a thread about the start-up of the Fox Network.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=15410.0

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/12 at 5:22 am

My Tv had bunny ears back in the 1980's.

WPGH-53 was the new cool UHF channel in town.  Although for years we had WQEX-16 and I think channel 16 counted as UHF, not sure there.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/12 at 6:50 am

I hated rotary dials gave me blisters.  :P

Written By: Howard on 06/13/12 at 6:51 am

WPGH-53 was the new cool UHF channel in town.  Although for years we had WQEX-16 and I think channel 16 counted as UHF, not sure there.

was there channels 2-13 at the time? ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/13/12 at 9:08 am

Rotary dials.  Is that what you call it now? :P ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/12 at 3:49 pm

Dials, knobs, six of one, half dozen of the other.

Back in the 1970's I hated TV rotary dials not because they gave me blisters but because before TV's had remotes, if you were the youngest then once you were tall enough to reach the dial, YOU were the remote. "Hey Alan, get up and go over to the TV. Now turn it to Channel 3. Now Channel 6. Now 7. OK that's good, sit back down now."

And it wasn't just the dials either. "Now grab the right antenna. Right a little, now back...back a little more...little more...perfect!" Not just that but before TV's had electronic tuning, you had to adjust the picture manually. By the time I was 6 I knew what the little TUNE, CONTRAST, HORIZ, AND VERT. HOLD knobs were for.

The worst part is, my younger brother was born in 1975 and by the time he was big enough to take over for me, guess what? We had a TV with a remote by then.  :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/13/12 at 3:55 pm

Dials, knobs, six of one, half dozen of the other.

Back in the 1970's I hated TV rotary dials not because they gave me blisters but because before TV's had remotes, if you were the youngest then once you were tall enough to reach the dial, YOU were the remote. "Hey Alan, get up and go over to the TV. Now turn it to Channel 3. Now Channel 6. Now 7. OK that's good, sit back down now."

And it wasn't just the dials either. "Now grab the right antenna. Right a little, now back...back a little more...little more...perfect!" Not just that but before TV's had electronic tuning, you had to adjust the picture manually. By the time I was 6 I knew what the little TUNE, CONTRAST, HORIZ, AND VERT. HOLD knobs were for.

The worst part is, my younger brother was born in 1975 and by the time he was big enough to take over for me, guess what? We had a TV with a remote by then.  :P

^^^You just described my entire childhood.

My dad would yell for me to come and change the channel just about every half hour, I swear.  Even if I was outside.  Even if I was across the street at a friends.  It was ridiculous.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/12 at 4:04 pm

My dad would yell for me to come and change the channel just about every half hour, I swear.  Even if I was outside.  Even if I was across the street at a friends.  It was ridiculous.

Perhaps we've just hit upon the real reason why childhood obesity wasn't really an issue 30+ years ago.  ;D ;D ;D

I think this might just merit a spinoff thread.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/12 at 4:08 pm

Spinoff thread:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46289.0

Written By: Howard on 06/13/12 at 7:26 pm

I forgot, it was 30-35 years ago.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/13/12 at 7:28 pm

that was what my father did with me, he was too lazy to change the channel so he asked me to change it for him.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/14 at 12:53 am

This forum is now well and truly alive!

Written By: Howard on 10/16/14 at 2:46 pm

That is correct.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/14 at 2:05 am

...but then again no!

Written By: Howard on 12/13/14 at 7:08 am

The forum is still alive and kicking, people are not on here as much anymore but it's still here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/15 at 6:47 am

The forum is still alive and kicking, people are not on here as much anymore but it's still here.
Ditto to that.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/15 at 7:35 am

Ditto to that.

It used to be quite active.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/16/15 at 11:12 pm

Another day.  Another 160 bumped threads with words that could be generated by a script, posted solely to inflate one user's postcount.  Another, maybe 20-30 threads with people actually attempting to converse. 

We didn't run out of things to say.  We didn't even run out of people with things to say.  What we ran out of was people with things to say to people.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/15 at 12:17 am

Another day.  Another 160 bumped threads with words that could be generated by a script, posted solely to inflate one user's postcount.  Another, maybe 20-30 threads with people actually attempting to converse. 

We didn't run out of things to say.  We didn't even run out of people with things to say.  What we ran out of was people with things to say to people.
I believe it is all down to a new fad or interest into annualology, comparing of years instead of comparing decades?

Written By: Howard on 01/17/15 at 7:08 am

not many discussions.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/15 at 7:10 am

I believe it is all down to a new fad or interest into annualology, comparing of years instead of comparing decades?
I could be worse if it is a leap year?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/15 at 7:11 am

not many discussions.
Just discussions amongst themselves.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/15 at 5:36 pm

Just discussions amongst themselves.

people come and go.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/17/15 at 6:28 pm

Well at least it would be focusing on a particular year instead of comparison of years from different decades.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/15 at 3:05 pm

No, this forum is alive!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/18/15 at 4:00 pm

No, this forum is alive!

This site kicks butt !  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/15 at 3:27 pm

This site kicks butt !  :)

sure does! ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/19/15 at 9:13 pm

http://i.imgur.com/j0Wq1s7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x28leJe.jpg

By bumping all such threads with a cut and paste from Wikipedia, however, they remain in the list of most recently updated threads, and it only further lowers the already abysmal signal-to-noise ratio. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/15 at 8:06 pm

http://i.imgur.com/j0Wq1s7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x28leJe.jpg

By bumping all such threads with a cut and paste from Wikipedia, however, they remain in the list of most recently updated threads, and it only further lowers the already abysmal signal-to-noise ratio. 
It has all been clear up now, deleted, and as proven nobody read them.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/15 at 4:03 pm

We're always gaining new members.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/25/15 at 5:04 pm

I've been meaning to come on here more often, it's just both a combination of work and gaming as of lately that contributed to my absence.

I definitely don't feel the forum is dead though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/15 at 3:24 am

people come and go.
More go that come here!

Written By: Howard on 01/26/15 at 2:47 pm

More go that come here!

maybe cause they're bored.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/15 at 5:42 pm

maybe cause they're bored.
...or found a better life?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/15 at 5:44 pm

I'd like to see some old board members like RockNRollFan and Andrew-TalkingWalnut come back to the boards.  :)

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/26/15 at 9:56 pm

I'd like to see some old board members like RockNRollFan and Andrew-TalkingWalnut come back to the boards.  :)

Never knew them of course, but what I want to see is a few Generation Z people come on and talk about their perspective.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/15 at 7:39 am

...or found a better life?

found a different message board.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/15 at 7:39 am

haven't seen them in a while.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/15 at 4:55 am

Things picked up yesterday, but how long will it last?

Written By: Howard on 02/03/15 at 2:40 pm

Things picked up yesterday, but how long will it last?

hopefully a while?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/15 at 8:02 pm

hopefully a while?
For some of this month I will be away.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/03/15 at 8:34 pm

Considering that there is 257 responses to this question, I'd guess that means that it isn't completely dead yet.  Just maybe it's got a lingering illness....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/15 at 8:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/04/15 at 2:44 pm

Considering that there is 257 responses to this question, I'd guess that means that it isn't completely dead yet.  Just maybe it's got a lingering illness....

someone has to bring it back to life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/15 at 8:53 pm

someone has to bring it back to life.
CPR?

Written By: Howard on 02/07/15 at 7:10 am

CPR?

give mouth to board resuscitation.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/15 at 10:24 pm

Are things picking up?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/08/15 at 12:05 pm

Reports of this forum's demise are greatly exaggerated.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/15 at 2:41 pm

Are things picking up?

little by little.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/15 at 6:24 am

Is this forum dead?
Worn out and gone to bed.
Or without us knowing,
It will keep on just on going!

Written By: Howard on 02/09/15 at 2:45 pm

It is alive and kicking!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/15 at 3:41 am

The board is alive and kicking,
though something still is missing.
No need to go into mourning,
When new members are joining.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/15 at 2:48 pm

Is there a reason why this board should be kept alive?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/15 at 4:53 pm

Is there a reason why this board should be kept alive?

We are keeping it alive just for you, Howard.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/11/15 at 2:56 pm

Cat

Thanks, Cat. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/16 at 12:56 pm

Cat
Too true!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/07/16 at 1:11 pm

Too true!

Oh man, you dug up this old fossil?

Man, this thread was a real sh!tshow at the beginning until "FormerMember" finally gave up after we made it clear that we'd no longer give him the attention he sought, and then we started talking about bowling.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/16 at 11:54 am

http://i.imgur.com/mlCN2R3.jpg

He only has 649046 posts. The next closest competitor has only 284607 posts. He doesn't want to take the chance that he might fall behind.

Ouch!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/10/16 at 3:47 pm

It's just getting started.

Written By: annimal on 01/10/16 at 5:23 pm

yes it was, and then I came along

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/16 at 8:20 am

yes it was, and then I came along
Oh yeah!

Written By: annimal on 01/17/16 at 10:19 am

Yah yah yah yah stayin alive stayin alive

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/16 at 10:36 am

Yah yah yah yah stayin alive stayin alive
You can tell by the way I walk!

Written By: Howard on 01/17/16 at 3:03 pm

It's still alive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/16 at 3:05 pm

It's still alive.
Well and truly!

Written By: Howard on 01/18/16 at 3:10 pm

Well and truly!

and with new members every day.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/16 at 3:16 pm

and with new members every day.  :)
...and things are picking up too!

Written By: Howard on 01/18/16 at 4:16 pm

...and things are picking up too!

Yes, they sure are.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/16 at 4:16 pm

Yes, they sure are.
We are sure!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/16 at 4:20 pm

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAwurbIEqR9Ot6a6Dj45ouArcMGZtfsz-jFyLONSgpjnLUHTNZ

Can she join us?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/16 at 5:14 pm

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAwurbIEqR9Ot6a6Dj45ouArcMGZtfsz-jFyLONSgpjnLUHTNZ

Can she join us?  ???
It could all turn spooky?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/16 at 7:20 pm

It could all turn spooky?

All you have to do is feed her once a day, change her diapers, and give her a little bit of attention. OR ELSE!!!  ;)  :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/18/16 at 7:28 pm

Can she join us?  ???

That'll be nice. Is she interested towards this website?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/16 at 7:39 pm

That'll be nice. Is she interested towards this website?

https://lifeofjulie.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/easter-bunny.jpg

Yes, but be careful. Her friend may get your kids.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 6:40 am

All you have to do is feed her once a day, change her diapers, and give her a little bit of attention. OR ELSE!!!  ;)  :P
Or else what?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 9:19 am

Or else what?

She'll get you.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 9:19 am

She'll get you.  :(
In what way?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 9:22 am

In what way?

She'll scold you and then you'll have low self-esteem.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 9:41 am

She'll scold you and then you'll have low self-esteem.
Best keep away?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 9:43 am

Best keep away?

I'll throw her in the river.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 9:46 am

Won't the fish complain?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 9:51 am

Won't the fish complain?

I'll net them all out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 9:53 am

I'll net them all out.
Everyone?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 9:54 am

Everyone?

She'll drown and die. And everyone else will be happy!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 9:59 am

She'll drown and die. And everyone else will be happy!
...and the fish will be happy too!

Written By: Howard on 01/19/16 at 2:42 pm

Can she join us?  ???

she has to sign up first.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/16 at 2:42 pm

or else what?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/19/16 at 2:43 pm

https://lifeofjulie.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/easter-bunny.jpg

Yes, but be careful. Her friend may get your kids.

Is that Barney?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/16 at 2:45 pm

But she'll stick her head right back up. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:10 pm

she has to sign up first.
She could be a real party doll!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:11 pm

Is that Barney?
Yeap!

Written By: annimal on 01/19/16 at 3:35 pm

Now where's my magnum 44?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:37 pm

In the holster?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/16 at 3:41 pm

dolls know how to party.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:44 pm

or else what?  ???

She'll scold you, and you'll have low self esteem. Or she'll yell at you!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:45 pm

Is that Barney?

I think so.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:47 pm

But she'll stick her head right back up. :o

Uh oh!  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:47 pm

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:47 pm

She'll scold you, and you'll have low self esteem. Or she'll yell at you!
What does she yell at you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:48 pm

;D
Thank you

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:49 pm

I don't know.  :-[  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 3:50 pm

What does she yell at you?

Profanity, and she does a very scary voice.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:51 pm

Is her name Annabelle?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 3:53 pm

Profanities from a doll can be disgraceful at times.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 4:05 pm

Is her name Annabelle?

No, Jessica.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 4:06 pm

Profanities from a doll can be disgraceful at times.

Not as bad as when Barney yells profanity.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 4:09 pm

No, Jessica.
It must be a different doll?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 4:10 pm

Now that would be interesting?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 4:11 pm

Now that would be interesting?
Ice Age profanities?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 4:12 pm

It must be a different doll?

Yup.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 4:13 pm

Ice Age profanities?

Ice Age, the computer animated series?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 4:16 pm

Ice Age, the computer animated series?  ???
Dinosaur profanities.

Jurassic Park?

Written By: annimal on 01/19/16 at 6:39 pm

Ice ice ageies

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 7:13 pm

Dinosaur profanities.

Jurassic Park?

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-dinosaur-trex-hat-birthday.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/16 at 7:14 pm

Ice ice ageies

Yay!!

Written By: muppethammer26 on 01/19/16 at 7:40 pm

Yay!!

Very funny!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/16 at 4:22 am

Ice ice ageies
Superb!

Written By: Howard on 01/20/16 at 2:51 pm

Uh oh!  :o

could be dangerous.

Written By: Howard on 01/20/16 at 2:55 pm

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/talking-doll.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/20/16 at 2:56 pm

What does he scream?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 10:43 am

A deep scary voice?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 12:35 pm

What does he scream?
Help Me!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/16 at 2:30 pm

What does he scream?

He says the F word, and B word. Stay away!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/16 at 2:31 pm

A deep scary voice?

Nope a girly voice, a ghostly voice.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/16 at 2:32 pm

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/talking-doll.jpg

Oh my, that's very scary! It looks cursed.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/16 at 2:34 pm

This forum is dead, but can be revived like zombie curses.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Observer/Pix/pictures/2015/8/6/1438857241566/One-way-to-get-through-th-009.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=daa5a4ba61b226d9c0650dc287dbe5c0

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 2:36 pm

He says the F word, and B word. Stay away!
Naughty dinosaur!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 2:37 pm

Oh my, that's very scary! It looks cursed.
Take it away, quickly!

Written By: Howard on 01/21/16 at 3:44 pm

A deep scary voice?

A demonic voice.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/16 at 3:44 pm

Help Me!

I thought it was "I Love You"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 5:26 pm

I thought it was "I Love You"?
There is a big difference?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/16 at 8:13 am

There is a big difference?

His song was always "I Love You, You Love Me".

Written By: annimal on 01/22/16 at 10:14 am

Let's get together and kill Barney

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/16 at 10:28 am

Let's get together and kill Barney
Good idea, he ruined a generation of children!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/16 at 10:29 am

His song was always "I Love You, You Love Me".
How did this song go?

Written By: annimal on 01/22/16 at 10:46 am

I love you    You love me  where a happy fammily

( sorry I'm sick already)

I hate you you hate me let's get together and kill Barney
We'll shoot him in the head with a magnum 44  no more purple dinosaur

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/16 at 10:48 am

I love you    You love me  where a happy fammily

( sorry I'm sick already)

I hate you you hate me let's get together and kill Barney
We'll shoot him in the head with a magnum 44  no more purple dinosaur
Aren't all dinosaurs already dead?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/16 at 2:54 pm

Good idea, he ruined a generation of children!

and his laugh was annoying!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/16 at 2:55 pm

and his laugh was annoying!
How annoying?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/16 at 2:55 pm

How did this song go?

I love you You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.
Won't you say you love me too
I love you You love me
We're best friends like friends should be
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/16 at 2:58 pm

I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
To a traditional tune?

Written By: annimal on 01/22/16 at 7:05 pm

dam extinct tune ruiner.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 8:24 am

dam extinct tune ruiner.
Far from it now!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 10:49 am

I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me

Howard, how do you know the whole song?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 10:49 am

Far from it now!

There was 61 people on today!!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 10:53 am

There was 61 people on today!!  :o
The majority were guests, potential new members?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 10:54 am

I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
From Sesame Street?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 10:56 am

Let's welcome them when they come.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 10:57 am

From Sesame Street?

Nope, Barney and Friends.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 10:58 am

That dinosaur?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 10:59 am

Begs the question, how does Howard know?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 11:58 am

That dinosaur?

I thought he was a lizard that stood on his feet?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 12:01 pm

Who knows who is watching who anymore?  :(

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 12:02 pm

Ugh, when my sister was a toddler she played his videos non-stop! All day all night!  >:( I can imagine his exact voice singing this song.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 12:03 pm

Ugh, when my sister was a toddler she played his videos non-stop! All day all night!  >:( I can imagine his exact voice singing this song.

This thread here, has gotten off the rails, like a train driven by an unstable conductor.  :o  :o

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 12:07 pm

This thread here, has gotten off the rails, like a train driven by an unstable conductor.  :o  :o

LOL I thought this whole thread was off-topic.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 12:34 pm

I thought he was a lizard that stood on his feet?
That purple one?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 12:39 pm

LOL I thought this whole thread was off-topic.  :(
Has it been ever on topic?

Written By: annimal on 02/29/16 at 1:11 pm

Lets get together and kill Barney      We'll shoot him in the head with a magnum 44      No more purple dinosaur

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 1:22 pm

Lets get together and kill Barney      We'll shoot him in the head with a magnum 44      No more purple dinosaur
Who has a magnum 44?

Written By: annimal on 02/29/16 at 1:27 pm

I don't, but let's just kill him.  Let's see, has Hooward found his broom?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 1:28 pm

Yes, the broom will help!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 1:37 pm

Yes, the broom will help!
Once the broom has been found?

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:21 pm

Howard, how do you know the whole song?

I got it from the internet.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:22 pm

We need more new members.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:22 pm

From Sesame Street?

Barney

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:23 pm

That dinosaur?

purple dinosaur.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:23 pm

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:25 pm

Who has a magnum 44?

I don't.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:25 pm

We can sweep him away.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 3:30 pm

I actually have a video with Barney. They used to do a thing where Barney would 'appear' in your house and you could have your own episode with him (for personal use). One of my cousins (family-friends) did it and invited me to it. I wonder if he still has the tape.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 4:00 pm

Do you trust the Internet?

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 4:29 pm

I actually have a video with Barney. They used to do a thing where Barney would 'appear' in your house and you could have your own episode with him (for personal use). One of my cousins (family-friends) did it and invited me to it. I wonder if he still has the tape.

How much did you have to pay him?

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 4:30 pm

Do you trust the Internet?

Sometimes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/16 at 4:38 pm

It alive!

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 4:40 pm

How much did you have to pay him?

Can't remember. It was my friend's parents who paid.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 3:31 pm

the forum is alive and kicking.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/02/16 at 8:00 pm

Look, another thread where there once was a topic, but it's just people bumping the thread to increase their own post count.

We're here.

We're in a bad place.

We're not going away.

While I admire your compassion...

Nobody. Freaking. Cares.

Written By: Ripley on 03/02/16 at 8:40 pm

I don't care about my post count. I mean I don't even pay attention half the time.  Not the I get on this topic often anyway

Written By: annimal on 03/02/16 at 9:46 pm

I don't care about post numbers,  I want people to talk to.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/16 at 3:26 pm

I don't care about post numbers,  I want people to talk to.

same here.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/16/16 at 11:20 pm

Some people don't post here anymore. Some have posted a lot less. Some people have simply moved on and never came back.

I remember something happened like five or six years ago, really created a rift between people on this site.     

Written By: Toon on 03/17/16 at 3:23 am

I tend to have situations where I'd join a forum. For the first few weeks/months I'm constantly on the site. As time progresses I started show up less frequently. And then I just disappear and just move on. But I assume that as old members leave new members will join. Kind of like the unstoppable cycle of traffic that a website will have. My own cousin recommended this site to me as he thought I'd be interested. And from my time on this site I can say that I enjoy the people here. Been a pretty positive community so far.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/16 at 11:55 am

I tend to have situations where I'd join a forum. For the first few weeks/months I'm constantly on the site. As time progresses I started show up less frequently. And then I just disappear and just move on. But I assume that as old members leave new members will join. Kind of like the unstoppable cycle of traffic that a website will have. My own cousin recommended this site to me as he thought I'd be interested. And from my time on this site I can say that I enjoy the people here. Been a pretty positive community so far.

It's just a cycle!

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/jix/oBX/jixoBX6ET.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/16 at 12:03 pm

It's just a cycle!

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/jix/oBX/jixoBX6ET.png
What comes around, comes around?

Written By: Howard on 03/17/16 at 2:45 pm

Some people don't post here anymore. Some have posted a lot less. Some people have simply moved on and never came back.

I remember something happened like five or six years ago, really created a rift between people on this site.   

people have things to do and they just moved on with their lives.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/16 at 2:45 pm

What comes around, comes around?

Recycling.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/16 at 2:47 pm

people have things to do and they just moved on with their lives.

Their hearts will go on.

http://bunow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TitanicBow.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/16 at 2:47 pm

Recycling.
Recycling changes the item into a different shape, re-using uses the item in the same state.

Written By: Howard on 03/18/16 at 7:46 am

The forum is alive and well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 7:54 am

The forum is alive and well.
Things are looking good for us!

Written By: Howard on 03/18/16 at 8:46 am

Things are looking good for us!

and we're getting newer members.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 8:47 am

and we're getting newer members.
...and everything is rolling again.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:02 am

I like both of your attitudes!  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 10:03 am

O0

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:08 am

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTem1z-0RxEXQ-h7b-CrxBlGaMoKuFm3XEAoTFp14ce6e7zJxIE_w

Keep the fire on inthe00s alive!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 10:12 am

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTem1z-0RxEXQ-h7b-CrxBlGaMoKuFm3XEAoTFp14ce6e7zJxIE_w

http://talktoislam.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=12396612855930266063

"BURN BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!"

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:16 am

http://talktoislam.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=12396612855930266063

"BURN BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!"

I'm talking about the fires of passion, not hell fire. But..... ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 10:20 am

I'm talking about the fires of passion, not hell fire. But..... ;D

I'm talking about the fires of Disco that burned throughout the 70's. ;) ;D ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:42 am

I'm talking about the fires of Disco that burned throughout the 70's. ;) ;D ;D

Heeheehee!

Written By: annimal on 03/18/16 at 11:19 am

hmm the color red

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 11:38 am

hmm the color red

Uh oh, did something give you an idea?  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 11:49 am

burning red?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 11:53 am

burning red?

Red, like blood?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 11:55 am

Red, like blood?  :o
We can only wait in wonder?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 11:57 am

We can only wait in wonder?

And they called it.....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Wonder_Years_logo.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 11:59 am

And they called it.....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Wonder_Years_logo.jpg
Waiting that long?

Written By: Howard on 03/18/16 at 3:14 pm

Thanks. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/16 at 3:14 pm

Keep them burning.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 3:16 pm

Waiting that long?

Yup.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/18/16 at 8:13 pm

I tried leaving a few times.  Certain people and the endless drama bring me back.  I've stopped fighting it.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 8:18 pm

I see it as fate, or a lover. If I love it, I'm not sure I could leave it if I tried.

Written By: annimal on 03/18/16 at 8:25 pm

I'm just hungry

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 8:39 pm

I'm just hungry

Okay.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/16 at 7:19 am

I tried leaving a few times.  Certain people and the endless drama bring me back.  I've stopped fighting it.  :)

glad to see you back. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/16 at 8:17 am

I'd like to see a return of Donnie Darko and Andrew the Talking Walnut (a.k.a., Andrew-CoolestDude and MasterSplinter).  8)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/16 at 5:55 pm

I'd like to see a return of Donnie Darko and Andrew the Talking Walnut (a.k.a., Andrew-CoolestDude and MasterSplinter).  8)

I hope he comes back too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/20/16 at 6:57 am

I hope he comes back too.

Donnie? Or Andrew?  ???

Written By: Howard on 03/20/16 at 2:34 pm

Donnie? Or Andrew?  ???

Andrew.

Check for new replies or respond here...