inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Miami Cannibal

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/12 at 12:14 am

This is one of the most gruesome stories I've heard in a long while.  Rudy Eugene, 31, of Miami, Florida, chewed 85% of a homeless man's face off in an apparently unmotivated assault that lasted 18 minutes.  Eugene got out of his car, which had broken down on the causeway, stripped naked, walked across traffic and attacked Ronald Poppo, 65, who was sleeping under an overpass. 

Police responded to a cell phone call from a witness who reported homeless men fighting.  Officer Larry Vega ordered Eugene to back off from Poppo.  Vega stated Eugene looked at him and growled with his face bloody and pieces of flesh hanging from his mouth.  The officer shot Eugene when he continued to savage Poppo and then shot Eugene fatally when the first shot failed to stop the attack. 

Eugene has a history of minor offenses and marijuana possession, but nothing heinous.  He was divorced from his wife in 2008 and his home was foreclosed on in 2008.  People who saw Eugene in the days before the attack said he often appeared confused as he wandered the streets.

Poppo is in critical condition as of June 1, 2012, but is expected to survive pending extensive surgeries, albeit traumatized and disfigured. 

There is no definite explanation for Eugene running amok.  The dominant theory is violent delirium brought on by designer amphetamines known as "bath salts."  I've only heard of "bath salts" a couple of times before, and exactly what they are or what they're believed to be is rather vague to me.  Doctors aren't sure either.  Some media reports claim Eugene was on "LSD" or an "LSD-like" drug.  However, psychedelics rarely result in violence, except in urban legends.  It sounds more like Eugene was on meth or angel dust (PCP).  The particular behavior of stripping ones clothes off is frequent in PCP inebriation, which can also generate dissociation, paranoia, and violence. 

Rudy Eugene of Miami, now deceased.
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/imagecache/350width/Rudy-Eugene-Miami-cannibal.jpg

Ronald Poppo, the victim.
http://hinterlandgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ronald-poppo1.jpg

Crime scene.  I won't post the really gruesome pics.
http://chicangelique.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/sicko.jpg

:o :o :o

Subject: Re: Miami Cannibal

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/12 at 12:24 am

Is that the one they are calling the Zombie killer?  I saw Erin Burnett talking about it on CNN and I just could not believe it.  The most gruesome murder I have heard about in a very long time

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/12 at 12:28 am

Is that the one they are calling the Zombie killer?  I saw Erin Burnett talking about it on CNN and I just could not believe it.  The most gruesome murder I have heard about in a very long time

They're killing him the Zombie killer, but that's misleading.  Poppo isn't dead -- not yet.  Eugene is dead.  The cops had to shoot him twice to bring him down!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/12 at 1:52 am

The cops had to shoot him twice to bring him down!

Which leads me to my second rule: The Double Tap.  In those moments when you're not sure the undead are really dead-dead?  Don't get all stingy with your bullets.  I mean, one less clean shot to the head, and that cop could have ended up being a human happy meal.

LDJedaxA2eU

Wouldn't, should't, didn't.

But the first rule was cardio.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/12 at 6:52 am

I thought that scene was abolutely disgusting but to eat another person's face just because your hungry for human flesh, I don't know what goes on in that person's mind, I kinda wonder if Rudy Eugene ever had a girlfriend?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/02/12 at 7:00 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/miami-face-chewing-911-ca_n_1564322.html#s=1042356

Written By: gibbo on 06/02/12 at 7:19 am

It was a real face off!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/12 at 12:16 pm

I thought that scene was abolutely disgusting but to eat another person's face just because your hungry for human flesh

Wot, he should have eaten his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti...Thhhhhppppthhhfff!!!
:o

Written By: Howard on 06/02/12 at 1:56 pm

Wot, he should have eaten his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti...Thhhhhppppthhhfff!!!
:o

Hannibal Lechter said it best.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/12 at 1:57 pm

What in the world was Rudy thinking when he got naked too? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/12 at 7:32 pm

I read an article today where Rudy's mother was complaining that the cops shoudl not have shot him, because he was really a "nice boy".

Suonds like SHE ought to get the ol' double tap too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/12 at 7:36 pm

I kinda wonder if Rudy Eugene ever had a girlfriend?  ???

???

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/12 at 7:46 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46195.0

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/03/12 at 12:42 am

???

You know, like in the song!

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/music-fails-music-fails-eat-me-maybe.png

The one Carly Rae Jepsen did, right?

Written By: Howard on 06/03/12 at 3:47 pm

I read an article today where Rudy's mother was complaining that the cops should not have shot him, because he was really a "nice boy".

Suonds like SHE ought to get the ol' double tap too.

A nice guy? really? ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/03/12 at 3:52 pm

???

I was just wondering.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/12 at 12:39 am

???

I said his ex-wife divorced him in 2008.  His ex-wife said, "I don't like your friends," so Rudy said, "Then just eat the vegetables!"
:D

Written By: Howard on 06/04/12 at 6:42 am

I said his ex-wife divorced him in 2008.  His ex-wife said, "I don't like your friends," so Rudy said, "Then just eat the vegetables!"
:D

;D HA HA Good One!

Check for new replies or respond here...