inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sheryl Crow diagnosed with benign brain tumour

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/12 at 2:00 pm

Singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow has been diagnosed with a benign brain tumour.

The 50-year-old told the Las Vegas Review Journal the growth had been discovered last November after she had an MRI scan.

She said: "I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumour. And I was, like, 'See? I knew there was something wrong'.

"It's benign, so I don't have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit."

The singer has since posted on her official Facebook page, telling fans not to worry.

She wrote: "Hey everyone - please don't worry about my 'brain tumour', it's a non-cancerous growth. I know some folks can have problems with this kind of thing, but I want to assure everyone I'm ok.

"Really appreciate everyone's love and concern, I feel so blessed to have the support of all my fans, but I'm good - really!"

Crow's spokeswoman Christine Wolff added the revelation "was not meant to alarm anyone".

She added: "The tumour is a meningioma. It's typically benign and develops from the protective linings of the brain and spinal cord. She is doing great and is healthy and happy."

Crow said she doesn't need surgery but will continue to have scans to monitor the growth.

The singer has previously had breast cancer, and received the all-clear in 2006 after undergoing radiation therapy.

Her biggest chart hits include All I Wanna Do, Everyday Is A Winding Road, A Change Would Do You Good and the Bond theme Tomorrow Never Dies.

Check for new replies or respond here...