inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arsenio Hall Returning to Late-Night TV

Written By: Starde on 06/18/12 at 10:22 pm

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-arsenio-hall-will-host-new-latenight-talk-show-in-2013-20120618,0,785159.story

I'll take this as another sign of 90's nostalgia creeping back into this decade. :P

Subject: Re: Arsenio Hall Returning to Late-Night TV

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/18/12 at 11:14 pm

Yeah, I don't really get this. I mean, I know Arsenio was huge back in the day, but that was a long time ago. And other than the Clinton saxophone thing and his awkward interview with Vanilla Ice, I wonder how many people even remember his old show?

Written By: Howard on 06/19/12 at 6:47 am

Yeah, I don't really get this. I mean, I know Arsenio was huge back in the day, but that was a long time ago. And other than the Clinton saxophone thing and his awkward interview with Vanilla Ice, I wonder how many people even remember his old show?

I do and I also remember his catchphrase "Arsenio Hall, We Be Having A Ball".

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 10:02 am

a lot of people do...he still gets the dog pound fist pump and barked at from fans every where he goes.

You can thank Celeb Apprentice (and Donald  8-P Trump) for this.  Arsenio kicked ass on the show and won over fans old and new so yeah it's a good time for a relaunch.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/19/12 at 10:06 am

I LOVE Arsenio Hall!  He is sooooo talented and funny.  Can't wait to see him on tv again. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/19/12 at 2:23 pm

a lot of people do...he still gets the dog pound fist pump and barked at from fans every where he goes.

You can thank Celeb Apprentice (and Donald  8-P Trump) for this.  Arsenio kicked ass on the show and won over fans old and new so yeah it's a good time for a relaunch.

Well, that's good for him then. I had assumed that since his show went off the air like 20 years ago that he might be just a footnote now, but it's nice to hear that he still has a following. 8)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/19/12 at 5:17 pm

I will give it a shot.  I loved his show.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/12 at 6:19 pm

Woof woof woof !

Written By: Howard on 06/19/12 at 7:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLe71rT03Gg

Here is a small clip with Michael Jackson and Eddie Murphy (1989)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/12 at 4:44 pm

His interview with MC Hammer after Hammer's "Pumps and a Bump" video came out was memorable too.  8)

Written By: Howard on 06/21/12 at 6:47 am

Anyone remember when Clint Holmes did the introduction for The Arsenio Hall Show?

http://www.clintholmes.com/saved/ClintHolmesHeadShot.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...