inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When do you think Family Guy will end?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 07/19/12 at 5:53 pm

Seth MacFarlane wants to end it
but doesn't think the fans can take it.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-macfarlane-family-guy-star-trek-247364

Any idea on when he will end the show?

Subject: Re: When do you think Family Guy will end?

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/12 at 8:31 pm

Family Guy won't ever end. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/20/12 at 1:58 am

I truthfully don't think Family Guy should have come back after it was originally cancelled. I know that it was still a bit of an acquired taste even back then, but the early seasons look like The Wire compared to what it has become now.

Hopefully it'll be gone within the next few years. It's quickly on it's way to becoming as culturally irrelevant as The Simpsons now is.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/12 at 6:45 am

Family Guy won't ever end.

I think Family Guy is quite funny.

Written By: belmont22 on 07/20/12 at 4:41 pm

I think Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park will all finish around 2018 or so.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/20/12 at 11:47 pm

I truthfully don't think Family Guy should have come back after it was originally cancelled. I know that it was still a bit of an acquired taste even back then, but the early seasons look like The Wire compared to what it has become now.

Hopefully it'll be gone within the next few years. It's quickly on it's way to becoming as culturally irrelevant as The Simpsons now is.

I have to agree with mach!ne_he@d, I have never found the show funny, and in truth I think it was an acquired distaste when it first aired. The theme song speaks against sex and violence, but does that mean the only alternative is stupidity? Seriously, most characters on there are certifiably brain-dead, which is something I just about never find funny. The main problem with television in the 21st Century is that it seems written for either Mensa members or drugged-out fratboys, with almost no middle ground left.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Howard on 07/21/12 at 6:57 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Glenn_Quagmire.png

I love Quagmire. He always gets the chicks.

Written By: warped on 07/21/12 at 7:37 am

I think the show is hilarious, but goes a wee bit overboard at times. As long as the writers can still find decent material and the show keeps earning lotsa cash, it will go on and on.

Like the Simpsons, their best years are behind them, but I still laugh.
If we couldn't laugh, we'd all go insane.

Check for new replies or respond here...