inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you know anyone besides on the internet that uses the term YOLO?

Written By: slim on 08/09/12 at 8:27 pm

My 16 year old cousin uses it all the time. "You only live once" ::)

How long has this YOLO acronym  crap been out, maybe i'm just late.

Subject: Re: Do you know anyone besides on the internet that uses the term YOLO?

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 08/09/12 at 11:50 pm

Yes! and it annoys me so much. Every second person at my school....  >:( It's dumb because I knew that term before it became popular and I thought it's a nice term and idea. Now I can't stand all the kids my age thinking they are cool using it. I actually see it more at school than the Internet but both on Facebook, YouTube and other sites it's still widely used. It's dumb imo.....

Subject: Re: Do you know anyone besides on the internet that uses the term YOLO?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/12 at 4:46 pm

I find people referring to themselves as CHOLO is on the rise too.

Written By: Starde on 08/10/12 at 10:44 pm

I had no idea what the hell YOLO even meant until just a few months ago! I've been seeing it on social networking websites and I think I may have heard a few people say that phrase once or twice.

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/12 at 10:59 pm

YOLT?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01434/007_1434905c.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/12 at 11:22 pm

I find people referring to themselves as CHOLO is on the rise too.

Yeah, but that's not an acronym.  It just means Mexican/Latino with an orientation towards gangsta.  As for YOLO?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/361/461/146.jpg

If YOLO is true, take heed the price.
There is no undo; you cannot live twice.

(With apologies to Shirley Bassey and James Bond.)

Written By: Inertia on 08/11/12 at 6:08 am

This is the first time I've ever seen this phrase. It must be a teenager fad.

Written By: slim on 08/11/12 at 1:57 pm

Yeah, but that's not an acronym.  It just means Mexican/Latino with an orientation towards gangsta.  As for YOLO?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/361/461/146.jpg

If YOLO is true, take heed the price.
There is no undo; you cannot live twice.

(With apologies to Shirley Bassey and James Bond.)

that picture is true.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/12 at 2:17 pm

Another worn-out phrase: calling everybody "cuz".

If they aren't your cousin, why call 'em "cuz"?  ::)

Written By: warped on 08/11/12 at 2:29 pm

Yolo? o no.

(oops, wrong decade)

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/funny-celebrity-pictures-imagine.jpg

Written By: Howard on 08/11/12 at 7:28 pm

cause they're idiots. ::)

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/15/12 at 2:22 am

That was more of the 90's thing, at least on the West Coast. In New York, everyone was calling each other "son".

Written By: Howard on 08/15/12 at 7:06 am

That was more of the 90's thing, at least on the West Coast. In New York, everyone was calling each other "son".

They still use that term today.  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/16/12 at 10:03 pm

I wonder when things shifted to 'bro, 'bro. (By definition it must predate September 2007 and the introduction of Don't Taze Me, Bro, but I started hearing it a lot in the following years.)

Check for new replies or respond here...