inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ben & Jerry's Files Lawsuit Against Filmmakers...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/12 at 5:12 pm

Ice cream company Ben & Jerry's has filed a lawsuit against the producers of the Ben & Cherry's series of films.  The ice creamery alleges that film titles such as Boston Cream Thigh, New York Fat & Chunky, and Peanut Butter D Cup infringe upon their trademarks for various, similarly-named ice cream flavors.

I better hold off on that flavor I was gonna sell, Cherry Sandusky.  :-X

Subject: Re: Ben & Jerry's Files Lawsuit Against Filmmakers...

Written By: Step-chan on 09/06/12 at 5:22 pm

What in the... ?

Well, the defendents could try the parody angle in court.

Funny how I haven't heard of Ben and Cherry's, then again, maybe not. Probably because my taste lean in other areas.

:D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/07/12 at 1:42 am

I was not expecting this thread to go that far wrong that quickly. I can't karma you twice in 24 hours, but I want the record to show that after a casual night watching campaign speeches in the second monitor, I really am mopping beer off a somewhat-damp keyboard, having swapped it for a spare.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/163/6/7/a_chance_of_cider_by_lamiaaaa-d538twk.png

On the chance that the beer doesn't soak up nicely, you owe me a new keyboard, you (magnificent) bastard!

Written By: Howard on 09/07/12 at 3:30 pm

Ice cream company Ben & Jerry's has filed a lawsuit against the producers of the Ben & Cherry's series of films.  The ice creamery alleges that film titles such as Boston Cream Thigh, New York Fat & Chunky, and Peanut Butter D Cup infringe upon their trademarks for various, similarly-named ice cream flavors.

What would Cherry Sandusky be made with?

Written By: warped on 09/07/12 at 3:41 pm

What would Cherry Sandusky be made with?

Well, I dunno what it's made of, but iit only sells to kids 13 and under. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...