inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will Carly Rae dominate 2013?

Written By: belmont22 on 09/19/12 at 7:31 am

I downloaded Carly's newly-released album Kiss tonight and last night from YouTube (don't shoot me, I will buy the CD when I get paid in a couple weeks...).

The tracks are for the most part really strong and radio-friendly. I also think people are getting sick of the 'old guard' of Rihanna and Katy Perry, it seems like their latest tracks haven't been getting to number one like all their songs were for a long time.  ::)

I think Carly has a unique voice and a pretty diverse style and I could see her becoming monumental next year and possibly even into 2014 and beyond. I think this album could go platinum several times over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbcz7c2E6c

Subject: Re: Will Carly Rae dominate 2013?

Written By: Creeder on 09/19/12 at 10:02 am

Actually I hope so, she is very nice. :)
She has that "2010's sound" and she's good in blending electropop, bubblegum and indie.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 09/19/12 at 12:10 pm

I don't think so. I like her but I think she is a One Hit Wonder.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 09/19/12 at 1:35 pm

I hope she's not just a one hit wonder. I think it would be cool to see a Canadian Idol contestant become one of the icons of a decade. I mean people are usually wondering if an American Idol contestant will do that, who would predict a Canadian Idol would? I'm American but I used to follow CI online when it aired...I was rooting for Carly Rae that year.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 09/19/12 at 3:37 pm

the album was made to make sure she isnt a one hit wonder

thats why there is so many hits

Written By: Brian06 on 09/19/12 at 3:49 pm

"Good Time" with Owl City is a top 10 hit now...she's NOT a "one hit wonder".

Written By: Emman on 09/19/12 at 4:37 pm

Hard to believe this "woman" is nearly 27!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/12 at 6:46 pm

I don't think so. I like her but I think she is a One Hit Wonder.

She already has a collabo with owl City so she's no longer a one hit wonder.

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/12 at 8:25 pm

I have both of her albums as well as the EP she released earlier this year.  She's had 7 singles to date (the forthcoming 'This Kiss' would be the 8th) since Canadian Idol launched her career back in 2008, so she is nowhere near a one hit wonder

She did not win Canadian Idol, and she's not the biggest name to come from Canadian Idol, but she's the first one to chart in the US Hot 100, the UK Top 75 and other countries.  This was her debut back in 2007 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V458He7UYSM

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 09/19/12 at 8:56 pm

I was Facebook friends with Carly before she got big and chatted with her on FB.  :) But I liked her old music better. It was more down to earth and less fake. I don't like her new songs or her new album she released it's too mainstream. Oh well. Call Me Maybe is catchy alright that's for sure.

Written By: belmont22 on 09/19/12 at 9:46 pm

Hard to believe this "woman" is nearly 27!

I think it's kind of a relief to have a teen-like woman rather than an actual teen popular, in today's youth-obsessed society. I hope her erm, 'advanced age' doesn't count too much against her success.  ::)

Written By: belmont22 on 09/19/12 at 9:48 pm

I was Facebook friends with Carly before she got big and chatted with her on FB.  :) But I liked her old music better. It was more down to earth and less fake. I don't like her new songs or her new album she released it's too mainstream. Oh well. Call Me Maybe is catchy alright that's for sure.

I was MySpace friends with the Canadian singer Lights and she still gets excited when I see her shows and say hi to her before the show or during her signings. :)

Written By: Creeder on 09/20/12 at 1:44 am

I listened to "Call Me Maybe" when the youtube video had just 1 million views and I said this song is gonna be big. It was so simple, yet fresh and insanely catchy - the perfect pop song.

Written By: Jquar on 09/20/12 at 2:57 am

I was MySpace friends with the Canadian singer Lights and she still gets excited when I see her shows and say hi to her before the show or during her signings. :)

I saw her in concert a couple weeks ago. I definitely like her style more than Carly Rae's.

Written By: belmont22 on 09/20/12 at 3:53 am

I saw her in concert a couple weeks ago. I definitely like her style more than Carly Rae's.

Yeah I love them both but Lights is my all-time favorite. Where are you from by the way? You didn't happen to be in Seattle did you? :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/12 at 5:37 pm

What the hell, just because I can ... The Carly Rae Jepsen Singles discography

Year 2008 2008 2009 2009 2011 2012 2012 2012 2012

Song Title Sunshine on My Shoulders Tug of War BucketSour Candy <featuring Josh Ramsay> Call Me Maybe Curiosity Good Time <featuring Owl City> This Kiss Beautiful <featuring Justin Bieber> *

AUS - - - -#1 - #5 - #48

AUT - - - -#3 - #9 - -

BEL - - - -#2 - #6 - -

CAN - #36 #32 - #1 #18 #1 #23 #37

CZE - - - -#1 - #9 - -

DEN - - - -#1 - #17 - #37

FRA - - - -#1 - #10 - -

GER - - - -#3 - #16 - -

NL - - - -#2 - #7 - -

NZ - - - -#1 - #1 - -

NOR - - - -#3 - #7 - -

SWE - - - -#2 - #25 - -

SWI - - - -#1 - #6 - -

UK - - - -#1 - #5 - #68

US - - - - #1 - #8 #86 #87

* still in chart

Written By: thenewtattoo on 09/21/12 at 9:49 am

lol

Check for new replies or respond here...