inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Could Peter Jackson direct an episode of Doctor Who?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/12 at 11:55 am

Peter Jackson puts the idea of directing an episode of Doctor Who into everyone's head, everyone dies

Okay, now, before we all (present company included) get too excited, let me state that this is not an official announcement, but merely words said by people out loud to the press. Matt Smith, who plays the eponymous character in Doctor Who, said that he'd love to sail over to New Zealand and film an episode of the show with director Peter Jackson. And then Jackson said, "Yeah, okay!" You might think that the new trailer for The Hobbit was the best Jackson-related news to happen today, but I'm telling you right now -- it's not. This "not-officially-happening-yet" Doctor Who news is. If we all clap our hands at the same time, maybe it'll actually happen. And an angel will get its wings.

Subject: Re: Could Peter Jackson direct an episode of Doctor Who?

Written By: Jessica on 09/19/12 at 1:19 pm

Yeah, maybe this time the Doctor could drop the Hobbits off in Mordor so we don't have to sit through 8 hours of bullshyt.

< not a fan of the movies...or the books.

Written By: Creeder on 09/19/12 at 2:04 pm

Yeah, maybe this time the Doctor could drop the Hobbits off in Mordor so we don't have to sit through 8 hours of bullshyt.

< not a fan of the movies...or the books.

Blasphemy!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/12 at 2:55 pm

Blasphemy!

Well the second and third LOTR are a bit long and tedious at times.  I loved the first one at least.

Written By: Jessica on 09/19/12 at 3:55 pm

Well the second and third LOTR are a bit long and tedious at times.  I loved the first one at least.

I liked "The Two Towers" better than the other two books/movies.  Maybe because it didn't focus on hairy midgets walking.

Check for new replies or respond here...