inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nintendo Wii U vs. XBOX 720 vs. Playstation 4

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/19/12 at 2:19 pm

With the release of the Nintendo WiiU coming on November 18th, this will finally end the seventh generation of video games that has been going since 2005 and start a new generation, with Playstation 4 and XBOX 720 coming out next year or in 2014. These three consoles look to be the defining ones of the 2010s. Which one do you like the most from your initial impressions and which one do you plan on buying, and how do they compare to their predecessors? I hope this thread lasts for years so we can see how peoples' thoughts change as the eighth generation of video games progresses.

Subject: Re: Nintendo Wii U vs. XBOX 720 vs. Playstation 4

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/12 at 4:42 pm

I think the Wii U is a terrible idea.  The controller looks like a DS, and to replace it probably costs about the same price as a 3DS. 

Remember the old days when you could just pop in a game, grab a controller and just sit on a couch and play?  I can do that with my PS3 and Xbox 360 with the "option" of motion gaming.  I like that, and I don't need to see it advance beyond that.

TECHNOLOGY MOVES TOO FAST!

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:28 am

I think the Wii U is a terrible idea.  The controller looks like a DS, and to replace it probably costs about the same price as a 3DS. 

Remember the old days when you could just pop in a game, grab a controller and just sit on a couch and play?  I can do that with my PS3 and Xbox 360 with the "option" of motion gaming.  I like that, and I don't need to see it advance beyond that.

TECHNOLOGY MOVES TOO FAST!

I still play with my PS3.

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/12 at 8:11 am

I still play with my PS3.

Is that what you call it :D

j/k

PS3 is still good, and it does everything one would want out of a gaming system

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 8:16 am

Is that what you call it :D

j/k

PS3 is still good, and it does everything one would want out of a gaming system

You can download Youtube for free, watch free films on Crackle all day, Amazon, Crunchyroll to name a few...

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/12 at 8:21 am

You can download Youtube for free, watch free films on Crackle all day, Amazon, Crunchyroll to name a few...

You can also watch Blu-Ray movies, watch burnt mp4 movies and shows,  surf the internet and even connect a PSP or PS Vita to it for remote play.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 3:23 pm

You can also watch Blu-Ray movies, watch burnt mp4 movies and shows,  surf the internet and even connect a PSP or PS Vita to it for remote play.

The PS3 is so much better than The PS2 that I had.

Written By: Inertia on 09/21/12 at 4:55 pm

I like my regular Wii. I don't know which of these new systems I will end up getting. I know I won't be buying all three of them. Of course, I probably won't buy any of them as soon as they hit the market anyway.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 09/22/12 at 4:39 pm

The PS3 is so much better than The PS2 that I had.

Ps3 was a bit of a letdown though.  Do not get me wrong ps3 is an amazing system  but when It came out
no one bought it due to price  and then in 2009 finally caught up to the competition. I hope ps4
blows the other systems away. Wii u looks so crappy

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 09/23/12 at 5:01 am

I'm not looking forward to the creepy teenage fanboys of those future systems.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/12 at 7:01 am

Ps3 was a bit of a letdown though.  Do not get me wrong ps3 is an amazing system  but when It came out
no one bought it due to price  and then in 2009 finally caught up to the competition. I hope ps4
blows the other systems away. Wii u looks so crappy

At least the PS3 is bigger looking.

Check for new replies or respond here...